PDA

View Full Version : Asus Matrix GTX285 Question

Syber
03-15-2012, 10:03 AM
I know its old, but I'm getting a new rig soon, and i can get 1 Asus DCII GTX560 and save up for second one and go SLI. But the site where I am going to order the parts, they put the Matrix 285 saying that they are in stock again!

Now I know the card is epic, but would it run BF3 and the more VRAM eating games on high? I know it wont run just on its own, so if I get the Matrix 285, I'll save up for a second one to go SLI.

So my question is, will it run most games on a reasonable setting?

I know the card is from 2009 but would still be a good purchase for this rig i have at the moment, that I will upgrade when my new rig is finished.

Many thanks in advance!

Syber

HiVizMan
03-15-2012, 12:14 PM
My honest answer is that I would pass on the 285 for now. Yes it is a good card and if you read some of my replies you will see I have one in a 24/7 rig. The thing is it is not DirectX11 enabled. And with more and more games really benefiting from the technology I would rather go the newer card route.

Syber
03-15-2012, 02:17 PM
My honest answer is that I would pass on the 285 for now. Yes it is a good card and if you read some of my replies you will see I have one in a 24/7 rig. The thing is it is not DirectX11 enabled. And with more and more games really benefiting from the technology I would rather go the newer card route.

Ah ok. Because I have the "rig" noted in my Signature, which i want to upgrade as a hobby when I get my new rig, which will have a GTX560 DC2 and save up for a second one for SLI. So I might as well upgrade the current rig to an X4, 4GB and a GTX285 really just for CoD4 on this rig.

HiVizMan
03-15-2012, 06:18 PM
When you put it like that you are good to go - what server are you playing on?

Syber
03-16-2012, 07:31 AM
When you put it like that you are good to go - what server are you playing on?

yeah i think it would be cool. at the moment i play in a cracked server DTXI Training facility ProMod. but i normally play with friends on a private claimed server to train or just play around, if you want to add me on xfire or something just drop me a pm :)