PDA

View Full Version : Please help me completely remove armoury crate

ahuimanu
06-12-2020, 11:26 PM
I've read a lot of conflicting information here but I have no desire, AT ALL, to have Armoury Crate installed on my Windows10 / Rampage VI Extreme Encore system that I build a week ago. In fact, I was very disappointed that the BIOS has a setting that tries to reinstall this software.

Although I ran all of the installers, the services continue to return over and over again.

Not sure why I'm this loyal to ASUS as these virus-like software packages that come with the boards are always bad news in my experience.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Thank you.

Braegnok
06-13-2020, 12:03 AM
Best method for me on my Z390 build was restart into BIOS, navigate to the Tools tab and then select the Asus Armoury Crate category. Than choose the Disable the download & Install Arrmoury Crate app option, save, exit. Than do a new clean Windows install, and your good to go.

TSportM
07-17-2020, 07:02 AM
can some one please help me out this software is crap, still in beta, for some reason it does not update my mouse rog chakram, if i unistall it i still have alot of asus services, clean os install is not an option right now

Snaptrap
08-15-2020, 01:59 PM
This software functions like a rootkit. There's no getting rid of it unless you have a drive image to restore from. Always perform a backup before installing anything from Asus.