PDA

View Full Version : Latest Armoury Crate update now no Aura sync devices found [RESOLVED]

RoninWazza
07-20-2020, 04:01 AM
Hi all,

I installed the most recent Armoury Crate update, version 20/07/17 and now none of my Aura Sync compatible devices are found and show up.

My Monitor, Memory, Ryujin, Power Supply and the mother board itself normally appear but now, nothing.

Honestly, so many bloody issues with this software, it really is crap.

Suggestions please.

Thanks,
Warren

Snaptrap
08-15-2020, 01:57 PM
Suggestion. Buy different brand.

jrm523
10-19-2020, 05:29 PM
I absolutely will be purchasing another brand (when the time comes). Asus is not listening to it's customer base with decisions like this. This is extremely frustrating. All I want to do is set my RGB to a solid color and not touch it again. I dont want to have to run yet another app with tons of features that I dont need. I can remember when I first purchased my motherboard and shockingly realized armory crate was being pushed to the OS without my consent. If Asus is so desperate for money then charge more for your boards upfront and leave the data mining apps at the door.

dkomso
10-23-2020, 01:32 AM
and i have the same problem after update windows,does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Simdev
10-31-2020, 05:30 PM
Hi all,

I installed the most recent Armoury Crate update, version 20/07/17 and now none of my Aura Sync compatible devices are found and show up.

My Monitor, Memory, Ryujin, Power Supply and the mother board itself normally appear but now, nothing.

Honestly, so many bloody issues with this software, it really is crap.

Suggestions please.

Thanks,
Warren

I have the same problem. I saw all of my components and suddenly everything disappeared. I reinstalled the app but still the same. Oh and when I click on Aura effect, the app just crash. This Armoury app is the worst garbage app I've ever seen and I built a full ROG PC :((
When I turn my PC on, my 3080's RGB goes full red and if I try to set it in Aura creator, the RGB just turns off and I have to reseat the VGA to make the RGB work again. I-AM-DEAD-F****NG-SERIOUS! I'll never EVER buy another Asus item. This is a complete Joke....

AleksK
10-31-2020, 05:40 PM
I have the same problem. I saw all of my components and suddenly everything disappeared. I reinstalled the app but still the same. Oh and when I click on Aura effect, the app just crash. This Armoury app is the worst garbage app I've ever seen and I built a full ROG PC :((
When I turn my PC on, my 3080's RGB goes full red and if I try to set it in Aura creator, the RGB just turns off and I have to reseat the VGA to make the RGB work again. I-AM-DEAD-F****NG-SERIOUS! I'll never EVER buy another Asus item. This is a complete Joke....

Same problem with me!

LordSabathan
10-31-2020, 05:50 PM
I have the devices , but cant access them , and also i cant apply the latest Aura update from 10.30.2020.It says error 10 restart and try again.After multiple restarts and shut downs and unistall its all the same.Everything wich is available on RoG Armory is working fine.I like this software much more.Its 10 times more stable.I dont know why Asus not update and moving him insteate of armory crate

Dvnstad
11-01-2020, 01:45 AM
Did the intel ME update on driver bios page and same no devices now to sync and app crashes uninstalled with new uninstaller hoping fresh install fixes the issue.

Beauzinga
11-01-2020, 05:02 AM
I did a clean Install of Windows 10 and downloaded the Armoury Crate app via the AURA website. Everything was working perfectly until I updated the "Memory Device Kit / AURA Kit" under the Update Center tab. After that now my devices have all disappeared and if I select AURA Effects the app crashes.

Seems to be an issue with the latest AURA Kit update for Memory, well for me at least.

Anyone else notice this?

Adiemus
11-01-2020, 12:38 PM
This could be the same issue as mine:
After countless reinstalls, restore point and backup restores I finally narrowed down the issue of Armoury Crate suddenly not recognizing anything (motherboard, RAM, addressable LED strips).

The "AURA lighting effect add-on" and "AURA lighting effect add-on x64" did get recently updated from 0.0.12 to 0.0.13 and the software just doesn't work with the .13 version anymore, even when using the uninstall tool and reinstalling. I will try to disable Asus Update to keep the working version.

EDIT: even after disabling every possible Asus update service it still updates and breaks.

I found this by unplugging the internet cable, restoring the restore point and Crate worked fine, even after a restart. After I plugged in a cable (not doing anything else) my install/uninstall guard (Ashampoo Uninstaller 8) notified me of AURA lighting effect add-on being uninstalled. After the new version was installed, Crate immediately stopped recognizing my devices.

It's a shame, we can't download Armoury Crate components for offline installations, so we would be able to keep the working version around.

DarkFury-EX
11-01-2020, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone,

Same here I installed the most recent Armoury Crate update version too and now none of my devices are found and show up... thats my Claymore Keyboard, Gladious II Origin Mouse, Strix z390-i Motherboard, Ryuo Cooler and Strix 1080Ti GPU.
And clicking on Aura tab crashes the app... good times

It breaks something else with every update to this software.

I'm debating going with a different company after this... their hardware is fine it's just there ****e software needs re-coding from scratch

FlufflePuff1337
11-01-2020, 10:57 PM
Updater is probably broken it was stuck in update loop then breaks, i uninstalled reinstalled right away i disabled update services from Asus.
I disabled 2 update tasks in task planner in Asus subfolder, and 2 update services in services.msc normally it would work after reinstall then break after reboot or after 10 minutes my devices would no longer show, so far its been showing just fine for couple of hours.
To name these services i disabled
Asus Update-service (asus)
Asus Update-service (asusm)
There 2 not sure why there 2 with one being miss spelled.
In task planner asus sub folder disabled ASUSUpdateTaskMachineCore turning it off and turning off ASUSUpdateTaskMachineUA
Im not spending anymore energy on this app its low effort trash and complete garbage whoever is designing this probably just one guy well if it is just one guy they need to hire more people clearly, also the translation is utter **** why do i have parts of the interface in different languages then windows language.

Asus needs to fire a bunch of people and hire a new team for this software clearly, there complete lack of support and communication, they only respond to a few then stay dark, and when it finaly gets fixed after a month or more they break it within the next updates.

Seriously Asus go **** yourself whatever your doing is clearly not working, go hire more people especially at QA team and do some proper testing you lazy ****s

abukhalid
11-02-2020, 01:05 AM
the same problem aftewr update

Crashbelgium
11-02-2020, 07:50 PM
Thanks for your email.

Remove Armoury Crate, Aura Sync and all components within Windows safe mode. Then clean the system using CCleaner or System Ninja. This ensures that the registry is clean and all parts of Asus Aura are completely removed.

After this restart the computer and only install the latest version of Asus Sync from the below website. Please note that you install this by right clicking on the setup file and then executing with administrator rights.

https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/global/

I tested this reply from asus support and it works.
the link is a rollback to 3.1.6.0
think there is something wrong with the new update indeed.

DarkFury-EX
11-02-2020, 09:04 PM
I booted my PC up when i got home from work (about 4:00pm GMT and Armoury Crate updated and it seams to have fixed it... untill the next update, i'll see you guys then lol.