New iCafe mode
Updated AURA Sync - Music effects
New AURA Sync effect - Adaptive Color effect
Lighting effect improvements
Bug fixes

Support for new peripherals:
TUF GAMING K3
ROG STRIX IMPACT II WIRELESS

To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our new log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box

Agree to the disclaimer

Replicate the issue you are having

Click on the Generate log data button

Save the log file to a location of your choice.

Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

flyinion
07-23-2020, 06:17 PM
1. PC / Laptop
Crosshair VIII Hero (non-wifi) with latest 2103 BIOS

2. Aura Sync products
C8H motherboard as mentioned above

Steelseries Engine for Steelseries peripherals, GSkill Trident Z software (only installed once problems started RAM was stuck in rainbow puke)

Wired

5. Reinstalled Windows?
no and not going to happen

Windows 10 Pro 2004, build 19041.388. This started happening while still on 1909

Unable to access the "Device Settings" tab. I can click on it and it sees my motherboard, but when I click the entry it just spins forever making it impossible to access things like power off color settings, and ARGB header LED count. This seems to be adding to the issue of aura Creator not being able to change ARGB header connected LED's.

Originally Aura Creator just wouldn't see the LED headers at all on 2.7.0.13, now on 3.0.4.0 Aura Creator is actually seeing there are headers but when attempting to apply a profile, the headers completely shut off. With the 3.0.4.0 update to Armoury Crate it seems to be able to control the headers again, but applying Aura Creator profiles through it also results in ARGB headers shutting off.

This may also be tied to the ridiculously buggy C8H BIOS's as updating from 1105 to 2010+ versions started causing half the LED's on the headers to randomly shut off AFTER a reboot and logging into Windows (so when the AC services start) until going into the Device Settings (when it still worked) in Armoury Crate and changing the LED count to some other number (didn't matter what) and back.

none

Sent after posting this.

flyinion
07-23-2020, 06:23 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How the heck are we supposed to PM you that log? There's no way to attach it, and trying to copy/paste the contents completely froze things up and I had to kill the browser after it told me the page wasn't responding and I told it to wait.

flyinion
07-23-2020, 06:29 PM
Ok, I waited, and it pasted, when I sent it, the forums gave an "access denied" message. You guys need to set up an email for this or something. This is a MESS.

EDIT: Now it's giving a different error. I am UNABLE to send logs. I don't even know what language that first part is. Yes I had a subject and the message body had a short text from me and the pasted info from the log file.

Los siguientes errores ocurrieron al enviar este mensaje

Please complete both the subject and message fields.

sebsolace
07-23-2020, 07:01 PM
I removed every ****ing single app
Aura service
Armoury crate
Armoury crate lite service
rog service live
all mb
lightning effects
etc

Then reinstall and its 100% broken still FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PROVIDE A UNINSTALLER BEFORE I ****ING KILL MY SELF YOU PIECES OF ****S FIX YOUR CRAP THIS HAS BEEN BROKEN FOR LONGER THEN A WEEK I DO NOT HAVE THE PATIENCE TO SPEND HOURS RECONFIGURING MY **** JUST COS YOU CANT PROVIDE A PROPER UPDATE!

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/

sebsolace
07-23-2020, 07:15 PM
There are random cscript.exe blank windows opening up over top of games which then causes the game to hiccup & I lose control of the game until after cscript.exe disappear. Started during last version of Armoury Crate. Windows 10 version 2004.

greggreg
07-23-2020, 08:55 PM
Here is the latest stable configuration for my desktop computer:
Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.0.4.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.15
Armoury Crate lite service 3.0.4
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.22
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.65
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.24
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.42
ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.8.2

I know that some of these software components are not the latest. However, I know that if I do an update, the DRAM rgb will stop working. Either the whole set is not recognized , or only 3 of the 4 sticks are controllable. The DRAM is G.SKILL Trident Z Neo. Motherboard is Zenith II Extreme Alpha. Also, sometimes after a reboot, the Aura effects comes up in the rainbow settings instead of the static setting that I had it set at. Each time things go out of control, I have to resort to reinstalling a system image I made a few weeks ago. For now, I'm sticking with the above configuration, because it works.

I spent some time updating software components. I've got a stable working configuration with these versions:

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.66
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.24
ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0

If I update ASUS HAL Central to version 20200720, then DRAM RGB will no longer work correctly.

flyinion
07-23-2020, 09:35 PM
Found some new behavior. I created a new Aura Creator config now that it "sees" the ARGB headers with the AC 3.x update. New Aura Creator layouts actually can change the color on the headers. However you guys REALLY broke some integration with it in the new Armoury Crate. Whether I do a static color, or rainbow, or whatever, when it's applied it makes ALL the lights flash off and back on every couple seconds in a pattern of on for about 3 seconds, off for 1, repeat. When I say all lights I mean headers, motherboard, and RAM.

Arokhantos
07-23-2020, 09:41 PM
Currently working configuration so far need further testing on bug fixes like only 1 led lighting up bug that happens every now and then either quite common or rarely from time to time, please do not push any broken updates least for a week so i can make a clone backup of this working configuration cos i am not gonna waste anymore time on this and provide a proper uninstaller that cleans EVERYTHING! EVERY USER SETTING EVERY REGISTERY ENTRY EVERYTHING LEAVING NO REMNANTS GIVING OUT OF BOX EXPERIENCE FROM WHAT YOU GET ON CLEAN INSTALL.
Also if never been able to control my corsair ram even tho they provide aura sync plugin on there web page it does not work.

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.23
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.48
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.5.1

This configuration is working atm hopefully i can make a clonezilla clone backup by tonight cos i certainly do not trust Asus that they wont break things again.

flyinion
07-23-2020, 09:53 PM
AROKHANTOS not sure if it helps you with uninstall but I found a pretty good post on GSkill's forum the other day about dealing with conflicts with their lighting software and how to uninstall/reinstall. It doesn't clean up the registry but they did provide a batch file that searches through Program Data for the leftover device controller files from AC for stuff like the "Patriot Viper" etc. "drivers" and gets rid of them (or you can do it manually). It didn't help me fix the 2.0.7.13 version of AC, but it did at least help me install and get GSkill's software to work when I was stuck in rainbow puke mode on my RAM after that AC update. I can try to find the post in my browsing history if you want.

MasterC@ROG
07-24-2020, 04:12 AM
Original post updated: Please share log by providing a link to the file in cloud (upload to cloud).

Ok, I waited, and it pasted, when I sent it, the forums gave an "access denied" message. You guys need to set up an email for this or something. This is a MESS.

EDIT: Now it's giving a different error. I am UNABLE to send logs. I don't even know what language that first part is. Yes I had a subject and the message body had a short text from me and the pasted info from the log file.

Los siguientes errores ocurrieron al enviar este mensaje

Please complete both the subject and message fields.

nbtc971
07-24-2020, 04:22 AM
There are random cscript.exe blank windows opening up over top of games which then causes the game to hiccup & I lose control of the game until after cscript.exe disappear. Started during last version of Armoury Crate. Windows 10 version 2004.

Yep, and that's why I uninstalled and went back to Armoury II. But I guess you better follow the instructions on how to report it. I'm too lazy right now.

itz_zarz
07-24-2020, 05:14 AM
1. PC / Laptop
Console PC - ASUS GR8 II
2. Aura Sync products
ASUS GR8 II Console PC, ASUS Claymore Core Keyboard, ASUS Gladius II Mouse, ASUS Aura Terminal, ASUS ROG Strix Arion M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, ASUS FX HDD 2TB(EHD-A2T)
Corsair Wireless Void Elite Headset
Wired/LAN
5. Reinstalled Windows?
Yes 24hrs ago.
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Previous to 2.7.13.0
Ok overall it seems to be stable on my machine luckily, it is occasionally saying no devices ib Aura, but overall no crashes, my Claymore keyboard quit locking up when I hit escape, and all my other devices work. Even when the "No devices available issue happens, the lighting service is still running find, lights animated to music and everything. I just have to unplug the USB from the ASUS Aura Terminal and plug it back in to get it to recognize them. The ASUS Aura Terminal also lost connection a few times, but just unplugged it's USB and plugged it back in and it cleared up.
The error
After I unplug the ASUS Aura Terminal's USB and plug it back in

This is all I have
Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.9.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.21
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.34
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.17
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.1.2
AacAudioHal 1.02.12
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42 1.00.02
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.02
ENE_ESD_ASM_HAL 1.0.9.5
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
Patriot Viper RGB 1.00.08

skellattarr
07-24-2020, 05:42 AM
first your server was down now its been updating for a hour not ready for primetime yet needs more work

MasterC@ROG
07-24-2020, 06:26 AM
Yep, and that's why I uninstalled and went back to Armoury II. But I guess you better follow the instructions on how to report it. I'm too lazy right now.

We are aware of this issue, and a fix will be implemented soon. Thanks.

MasterC@ROG
07-24-2020, 06:28 AM
Are you letting the update run in the background or did you open Armoury Crate after reboot?

first your server was down now its been updating for a hour not ready for primetime yet needs more work

Crowley_07
07-24-2020, 06:49 AM
Bug: When I select my keyboard ir armoury Crate, I get the following dll not found error:

link to log sent via pm

Also I renew my feature requests that I have been talking about for months:

1. Please add an option to set a default profile! A Profile that will be used when no other application that has a profile bound to them is running. A profile that will always be returned to when you close a game or any application with a specific profile bound to them.

2. Please add ways to quickly change aura profile. Either with keyboard shortcut or perhaps command line option / app or preferably both!

AleksK
07-24-2020, 07:07 AM
Hello,
feedback from me:
I was installed version 2.7.8.0 in clean installation of windows and works fine. After update to 2.7.13.0 Armoury Crate didn't recognized any of my components (probably didn't recognize motherboard) and didn't work. After update to 3.0.4.0 situation was same it didn't recognized my components. I tried everything uninstall all Armoury Crate programs, delete ASUS folders in ProgramData and Program Files install it again but without success. So yesterday i make clean installation of Windows and Armoury Crate installed automatically when connect to internet and now work fine.

But PLEASE ASUS make something i cannot make clean installation of Windows after each Armoury Crate update!!!

serkon29
07-24-2020, 09:24 AM
Endless loading of motherboard settings ROG Strix X570-F Gaming on clean install Armory crate
Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02

Arokhantos
07-24-2020, 09:38 AM
Bug: When I select my keyboard ir armoury Crate, I get the following dll not found error:

link to log sent via pm

Also I renew my feature requests that I have been talking about for months:

1. Please add an option to set a default profile! A Profile that will be used when no other application that has a profile bound to them is running. A profile that will always be returned to when you close a game or any application with a specific profile bound to them.

2. Please add ways to quickly change aura profile. Either with keyboard shortcut or perhaps command line option / app or preferably both!

When i uninstalled and tryit to delete non relevant files manually i got similar issues which is why it needs a proper uninstaller different missing file but very similar result, if you have big usb stick and do not wanna clean install for nothing you could download rufus and put windows image as windows to go on usb stick and clean install on usb stick instead just for testing purposes to see if that is also broken experience, it likely won't be anymore but would personally hate wasting 6 hours for nothing in my case.

mbushnaq00
07-24-2020, 09:53 AM
1. PC / Laptop
ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR II (GL504GW)

2. Aura Sync products
GL504GW Notebook, ROG Strix Flare Keyboard, ROG Gladius II Mouse

none

Wired

5. Reinstalled Windows?
No

Windows 10 Pro 2004, build 19041.388

None

- GameVisual is not detected within Armoury Crate software, cannot set a GameVisual setting with a specific scenario profile since its not shown in the "App Configuration" section of the "Scenario Profiles" page.
- UWP Games installed in Drive D are not detected when scanning for games in the scenario and game library page.

Attached

Sent as a PM

Crowley_07
07-24-2020, 10:17 AM
When i uninstalled and tryit to delete non relevant files manually i got similar issues which is why it needs a proper uninstaller different missing file but very similar result, if you have big usb stick and do not wanna clean install for nothing you could download rufus and put windows image as windows to go on usb stick and clean install on usb stick instead just for testing purposes to see if that is also broken experience, it likely won't be anymore but would personally hate wasting 6 hours for nothing in my case.

Yeah, not going to reinstall windows over this. Hopefully they will get the uninstaller out, or better yet, make the installer install all the necessary files. Since I'm using Aura profiles now, this does not really affect functionality.

Crystalyne
07-24-2020, 10:20 AM
1. PC
2. X570-E Motherboard, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer, ROG Claymore, ROG Spatha
3. N/A
4. Both
5. Fresh install
6. 2004 - 19041.388
7. N/A

RAM DIMMs out of order; No way to change them through Armoury Crate so effects look TERRIBLE.
ROG Spatha STILL not supported by Armoury Crate. The old software, Armoury II was broken by recent Windows Updates so this is URGENT that this is added!!!!

9. N/A
10. Use our new log collection function: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lcIDjHDCb6TKJGiZ2Kgf4m0sQgzvnzYI/view?usp=sharing

Wuelkey
07-24-2020, 11:08 AM
Hello,
feedback from me:
I was installed version 2.7.8.0 in clean installation of windows and works fine. After update to 2.7.13.0 Armoury Crate didn't recognized any of my components (probably didn't recognize motherboard) and didn't work. After update to 3.0.4.0 situation was same it didn't recognized my components. I tried everything uninstall all Armoury Crate programs, delete ASUS folders in ProgramData and Program Files install it again but without success. So yesterday i make clean installation of Windows and Armoury Crate installed automatically when connect to internet and now work fine.

But PLEASE ASUS make something i cannot make clean installation of Windows after each Armoury Crate update!!!

Me too. I have a telco with the Asus 3rd Level Support concerning this issue. I will give an Update maybe a workaround later.

skellattarr
07-24-2020, 02:11 PM
Are you letting the update run in the background or did you open Armoury Crate after reboot?

i uninstalled it then tried to downloed thew new one it took a longtime but it finaly downloaded and installed. my internet connection is 500 down and 500up

palopolij
07-24-2020, 05:07 PM
I'm still unable to control all 8 sticks of gskill RGB ram. AC only sees 6 so it looks ridiculous. Anyone else on the trx40 platform? I've reinstalled windows and even swapped my motherboard and memory but issue persists. There are others on Reddit who are reporting the same issue. Everything worked fine prior to the 7/15 update. Any chance you guys will fix this?

Wuelkey
07-24-2020, 05:41 PM
Me too. I have a telco with the Asus 3rd Level Support concerning this issue. I will give an Update maybe a workaround later.

Finally I had my call with the 3rd level support and all of you don‘t like what they have Said.
*There was/ is a Big issue in armoury crate 2.7.13 or a component Update 3 weeks ago.
This Update destroyes the Aura Sync Environment ( Asus Is still Not clear How in detail) *between Windows and the devices.

If you have skiped that Update you are Safe with Version *3.0.4. *But if you have installed this ****, you Need To Perform a cmos reset and a clean windows install, because the update causes a kernel.dll error.

*Maybe Asus will find the exact file or Part and fix this with a later Update or a real uninstaller. Until that Point there is No other Solution.

nbtc971
07-24-2020, 09:09 PM
We are aware of this issue, and a fix will be implemented soon. Thanks.

Thank you for the response. Keep up the good work. :)

Arokhantos
07-24-2020, 10:16 PM
Some annoyance i have may ass well post feedback now, when pc starts up there 1 or 2 command prompt windows flashing by when armory crate first starts up during login which quite annoying, atleast have a proper splash screen or dont have those popup at all there is a trick to hide them but i do not wanna mess with anything anymore as buggy armoury crate is, plz do fix the issues first priority and create a uninstaller so this cant repeat anymore in future, and introduce a fallback option that auto sends feedback to asus that a user has rolled back to previous update due issues.

SStArlord_97
07-25-2020, 01:33 AM
1. PC
2. rog h370f, rtx 2070 rog, rog claymore core, rog chakram, rog delta, gskill trident z
3. nzxt cam
4. wired connection
5. yes
6. 1909 18363.959
7. don't remember
8. When I sync my claymore with other components (aurasync rainbow effect) and click esc the keyboard quit from sync. (At the startup the system don't remember the aura sync effect).
9. -
10. Use our new log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics https://www.mediafire.com/file/z0o63qifzssnq5v/Log_20200725.log/file

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.23
AacAudioHal 1.3.11.0
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0

Mike101011
07-25-2020, 03:27 AM
1. PC
2. Asus Z370 Maximux X Hero (Wifi/AC), Asus Strix 2080ti, Asus Strix Flare, Asus ROG Chakram, Asus ROG Terminal, RGB Fan's that are plugged in via addressable LED's
3. Corsair ICue (Motherboard sync is disabled in ICue and I tried without running ICue in the background)
4. Wired
5. No, the program works
6. 1909
7. Don't know the update number, but the one right before this new update

8. The issue I have:
The previous music effect for Armoury looked really good and matched the sound properly, the only complaint I had with the older one was that I couldn't select an audio source so it only worked with my speakers and not my other audio devices. The new update allows you to do custom effects but none of the settings work properly and it doesn't look good no matter what sensitivity or decay rate I put. For example, when I play any song with the Water Fall or Audio Spectrum style, my PC doesn't even light up, it only does the effect on my Aura Terminal LED's. Changing the sensitivity doesn't make a difference. I am fine that you can make your own custom settings however I would highly recommend that the older settings get put back and this new one should be a "Custom" option.

Another minor issue I have that I might as well put in is that Aura sync occasionally doesn't start up properly and my LED's are just not on. I have to start the app and select an effect to get it working but its not too big of a deal because it doesn't happen all the time.
Please add back in the old music effects though, I loved jamming to some music and having my room change brightness depending on the beats!

miky86bindo
07-25-2020, 08:50 AM
1. PC
2. Asus Z370 Maximus X Formula , Asus Strix 1070ti oc, Asus Strix Scope, Asus ROG Galdius II wireless, Asus ROG ryujin,
3. Corsair ICue (Motherboard sync is disabled in ICue and I tried without running ICue in the background)
4. Wired
5. No, and I will not do that! Everything works perfectly on my workstation except for this ****ty Asus armoury crate
6. windows 10 pro version 2004, the last one.
7. I don't remember the right number but was the June 2020 version
8. I made another clean installation of armoury but nothing works, the motherboard (Maximus X formula) is not recognized and the following error appears: aE7C8DA76-C9B9-4297-8681-DD878330AFE7.dll not found in system:mad:
My Asus Cooler Rog ryujin,my keyboard (rog strix scope) and the mouse (Asus rog glaidius II wireless) are seen but I cannot customize them because when I select one of these devices appears an error message.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

updateItem Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.29
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.17
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.1.1
AacAudioHal 1.2.2
AacDispaly 1.1.22
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.11
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i7o367uxhzaivhq/Log_20200725.log/file

itz_zarz
07-25-2020, 09:10 AM
8. When I sync my claymore with other components (aurasync rainbow effect) and click esc the keyboard quit from sync. (At the startup the system don't remember the aura sync effect).
My Claymore was also doing this, I did a clean install of windows 10 and Crate and it appeared to be fixed.

*UPDATE*

1. PC / Laptop
Console PC - ASUS GR8 II
2. Aura Sync products
ASUS GR8 II Console PC, ASUS Claymore Core Keyboard, ASUS Gladius II Mouse, ASUS Aura Terminal, ASUS ROG Strix Arion M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, ASUS FX HDD 2TB(EHD-A2T)
Corsair Wireless Void Elite Headset (iCue Software not installed)
Wired/LAN
5. Reinstalled Windows?
Yes 24hrs ago.
Previous to 2.7.13.0
I did a clean install of Windows 10 and all programs, Crate and Aura worked good for almost exactly 24hours. Aura has now become 100% non responsive, I can't get it to work on reboots, cold boot, reapplying settings, or anything. It just refuses to work at all. It no longer detects any hardware in the Sync section of app.

And If I try to get the lights on my mouse and keyboard working with Amoury II it says Un-Sync devices, but I can't because they don't show in the Aura Sync page. And under the device pages of Crate it errors and says it can not unsync.
No longer detects devices 24hrs after fresh windows 10 install.
And can not un-sync keyboard or mouse to use in Armoury II
This is all I have
Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.17
AacAudioHal 1.02.12
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.02
ENE_ESD_ASM_HAL 1.0.9.5
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02

TheEternaL
07-25-2020, 10:33 AM
1. PC / Laptop:
PC.
2. Aura Sync products:
ROG Rampage V Edition 10, ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti, ROG Terminal, ROG Strix Flare, ROG Gladius II Origin, ROG Delta.
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software:
None.
4. Wired / wireless connection:
Wired Ethernet.
5. Reinstalled Windows?:
Yes.
6. Windows version & build:
Version 2004 OS Build 19041.388.
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected:
Always worked as it should not (ASUS AURA 1.06.17 work fine).
8. Clear description of your issue:
When will there be a GPU and Terminal patch? When a GPU or Terminal is connected to synchronization, effects start to lag. The problem is that no matter what effect I set it goes like a lag, it doesn’t flow smoothly as it should. visible on the video. This works on all effects like that. But I noticed that after 10-12 hours of continuous operation, it starts to work smoothly as it should be until the reboot and then again with a delay. A very rare occurrence.
9. Any screenshots of the issue:
And so on all devices during synchronization.
1. https://youtu.be/Owc6LaC-fIM
2. https://youtu.be/Nbq10pMxR6M (Sync / No Sync)
10. Use our new log collection function:
Settings=>About=>App diagnostics

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.17
AacAudioHal 1.3.11.0
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0

SStArlord_97
07-25-2020, 11:44 AM
My Claymore was also doing this, I did a clean install of windows 10 and Crate and it appeared to be fixed.

*UPDATE*

1. PC / Laptop
Console PC - ASUS GR8 II
2. Aura Sync products
Corsair Wireless Void Elite Headset (iCue Software not installed)
Wired/LAN
5. Reinstalled Windows?
Yes 24hrs ago.
Previous to 2.7.13.0
I did a clean install of Windows 10 and all programs, Crate and Aura worked good for almost exactly 24hours. Aura has now become 100% non responsive, I can't get it to work on reboots, cold boot, reapplying settings, or anything. It just refuses to work at all. It no longer detects any hardware in the Sync section of app.

And If I try to get the lights on my mouse and keyboard working with Amoury II it says Un-Sync devices, but I can't because they don't show in the Aura Sync page. And under the device pages of Crate it errors and says it can not unsync.
No longer detects devices 24hrs after fresh windows 10 install.
And can not un-sync keyboard or mouse to use in Armoury II
This is all I have
Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.17
AacAudioHal 1.02.12
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.02
ENE_ESD_ASM_HAL 1.0.9.5
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02

really? i did it a week ago but with no results... tell me if worked for real then

*UPDATE*
I found a "fix" uninstall rog claymore in windows apps and don't update from the crate.
it's seems to be an issue of the last update.
With this "fix" you can't go to profile menu but i don't give a f**k ahahah

PzSniper
07-25-2020, 08:01 PM
ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING now....."This model is not currently supported."

WTF?

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.8
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.50
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.32
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.53
AacAudioHal 1.02.12
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL 1.00.05
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.02
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.00.04

USERMAC
07-26-2020, 12:13 AM
Since Asus updated the Armory Crate the Aura lighting service is consuming more power.
It is now medium/high cpu usuage and my computer can not enter idle state because of this.
When I play games or run a benchmark the lighting service is consuming more than usual cpu power giving me a drop in performance
The only way around this problem is to not use the RGB and set it to DARK but you still have to stop the Lighting service I did not have this problem before Asus updated the software.

Motherboard that I am using is a maximus formula XII

Arokhantos
07-26-2020, 09:19 AM
When uninstaller is made can it be kept avaible for future use to and updated if needed in future so it is always fall back option for problems like this ? i really do not wanna clean install again in future, its not cos i cant its cos i have better things to do.

Since Asus updated the Armory Crate the Aura lighting service is consuming more power.
It is now medium/high cpu usuage and my computer can not enter idle state because of this.
When I play games or run a benchmark the lighting service is consuming more than usual cpu power giving me a drop in performance
The only way around this problem is to not use the RGB and set it to DARK but you still have to stop the Lighting service I did not have this problem before Asus updated the software.

So if you check task manager it shows high cpu usage on lightningservice.exe ?

Nox01
07-26-2020, 02:49 PM
Yesterday I updated Win 10 to 2004 release and Armoury Crate now is unstable, it crashes and is not possibile to open the devices page (becomes unresponsive or shows blank pages), so i can't control my Keyboard, Mouse and Ryujin cooler... already tried to unistall/reinstall but nothing, any help would be really appreciated.

miky86bindo
07-26-2020, 09:22 PM
Yesterday I updated Win 10 to 2004 release and Armoury Crate now is unstable, it crashes and is not possibile to open the devices page (becomes unresponsive or shows blank pages), so i can't control my Keyboard, Mouse and Ryujin cooler... already tried to unistall/reinstall but nothing, any help would be really appreciated.

same here, no solution for now...it's incredible how much this armoury crate sucks and how long we have to wait for a solution, I don't want any Asus rog products anymore.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Arokhantos
07-27-2020, 08:11 AM
So far no bugged lightning where only 1 led burns and rest is off, is the update proces so broken that its sometimes glitching lights ? if so i really want a properly uninstaller and clean up tool to do reinstall after each update brings that issue back

Nox01
07-27-2020, 03:45 PM
same here, no solution for now...it's incredible how much this armoury crate sucks and how long we have to wait for a solution, I don't want any Asus rog products anymore.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

In my case I can see the devices listed but clicking on one of them take me to a blank page or crash... also if I go to driver and tools it consistenlty crash, Does the same happen to you?

miky86bindo
07-27-2020, 04:20 PM
In my case I can see the devices listed but clicking on one of them take me to a blank page or crash... also if I go to driver and tools it consistenlty crash, Does the same happen to you?

yep and with mobo Asus rog maximus X formula I see this message "E7C8DA76-C9B9-4297-8681-DD878330AFE7.dll not found in system!"

Arokhantos
07-27-2020, 04:42 PM
If you do not wanna do clean install but still wanna test if it would fix it rufus has option to put windows 10 on usb stick as windows to go it installs on usb drive then you can test if that fixes it, its not worth doing clean install anyway unless you certain anyway uninstaller needs to be provided either way they cant keep doing this, hope they not pushing an update before we can pause updates rollback updates and use proper cleanup tool like a uninstaller that cleans up everything without breaking stuff so armoury crate reinstalls as if you just did a clean install, really annoyed i had to clean install glad i did tho cos the silence is really killing me.

So far im 99% confident that all issues i had even before this big issue happend with recent update is all due broken updater not applying update correctly causing startup glitches like only 1 led lighting up etc or other stuff not working

nvm still broken just happens 1 out of 10 or 100 times
FIX THIS ****! *(&$#%(*&$#@(*$& ITS PISSING ME THE **** OFF HAVING TO RESTART GOD DAMN LIGHTNING SERVICES EVERY NOW AND THEN COS OF THIS ****ING **** HOLY ****ING HELL IS FEEDBACK EVEN READ ?

Wilkin5on
07-27-2020, 08:25 PM
Hello everyone! New user here, looking for support.

1. PC / Laptop:
PC: ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING mobo

2. Aura Sync products:
ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING BIOS Ver. 1502 (most recent one)

Corsair iCue for H115i AIO
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 (two sticks, no software installed)
Phanteks LED Strip

Wireless (using mobo)

5. Reinstalled Windows?:
No

Asus Aura 1.07.71

Everything was working fine using Aura 1.07.71. Was able to control Mobo, RAM and Phanteks LED Strip
After Windows Update KB4565503 for 2004 was installed: Aura stopped working after reboot (rainbow color cycle).
I rebooted multiple times
I disconnected the PC from the Power Outlet for several minutes and it didn't work
I uninstalled and tried re-installing multiple times without luck (used Revo Uninstaller, CCleaner, and uninstalled everything Aura related, including Lightning Service).
Tried again with 1.07.79 and it didn't opened, mentioned Aura Service has not started or was not detecting mobo.
Uninstalled Aura again
Installed Armoury Crate 3.0.4.0 and Mobo and LED Strip are not detected. Only RAM is detected
Currently stuck with rainbow color cycle

10. Use our new log collection function:
Sent via PM

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02

happyluckbox
07-27-2020, 11:13 PM
Having issues with this version of armoury crate controlling the rgb on 2/8 sticks of ram located on the left.
Tried reinstalling windows, still having issues.

Asus zenith 2 extreme alpha
8x sticks of tridentz neo

MasterC@ROG
07-28-2020, 02:15 AM
We will need more info than that, please refer to the original post in this thread. Thanks.

Having issues with this version of armoury crate controlling the rgb on 2/8 sticks of ram located on the left.
Tried reinstalling windows, still having issues.

Asus zenith 2 extreme alpha
8x sticks of tridentz neo

happyluckbox
07-28-2020, 05:46 AM
We will need more info than that, please refer to the original post in this thread. Thanks.

AMD Threadripper 3990x || 256GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo @ 3600mhz 18-22-22-42 || Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha || 2080TI FE || Samsung 960 Pro 1TB || Samsung 970 EVO 4TB || Evga 1200 P2 || Meshify S2 || Custom Loop
2. Armoury Crate
3.None
4. All RGB is wired.
5. Windows 10 reinstalled 5 different times.
6. Tried on both Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Education version 2004
7. Everything was working in the prior version of armoury create before 3.0.4 (Unsure which version #)
8. Had no issues controlling rgb on all 8 sticks of my ram with armoury crate prior to updating it to 3.0.4. Immediately after updating it, the leftmost 2 sticks became unresponsive to armoury crate's aura sync controls. Tried rebooting, reinstalling armoury crate, and reinstalling windows 5x times. No luck. Found a reddit thread where multiple people are having the same exact issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/hyarqg/support_i_have_eight_sticks_of_g_skill_trident_z/?sort=new

9. I had to settle with using aura sync instead of armoury crate while I wait for the fix, so I'm going to post the image from this other user on reddit. https://i.redd.it/3ia2dpyzj8d51.jpg
10. Unfortunately, I cannot make a log post about this, as I am now running on aura sync instead of armoury crate.

I would still eventually like to jump back to armoury crate, as its rgb control software gives a much better effect than aura sync alone. Please fix this, or allow us to download and use the previous version of armoury crate! (Without the annoying nag requiring you to update when a new version is released, as that blocks us from using the LED control panel software in AC)

MasterC@ROG
07-28-2020, 08:22 AM
We are aware of this and the team is looking for the root cause, so it's okay if you don't can't provide a log (would help though).

AMD Threadripper 3990x || 256GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo @ 3600mhz 18-22-22-42 || Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha || 2080TI FE || Samsung 960 Pro 1TB || Samsung 970 EVO 4TB || Evga 1200 P2 || Meshify S2 || Custom Loop
2. Armoury Crate
3.None
4. All RGB is wired.
5. Windows 10 reinstalled 5 different times.
6. Tried on both Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Education version 2004
7. Everything was working in the prior version of armoury create before 3.0.4 (Unsure which version #)
8. Had no issues controlling rgb on all 8 sticks of my ram with armoury crate prior to updating it to 3.0.4. Immediately after updating it, the leftmost 2 sticks became unresponsive to armoury crate's aura sync controls. Tried rebooting, reinstalling armoury crate, and reinstalling windows 5x times. No luck. Found a reddit thread where multiple people are having the same exact issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/hyarqg/support_i_have_eight_sticks_of_g_skill_trident_z/?sort=new

9. I had to settle with using aura sync instead of armoury crate while I wait for the fix, so I'm going to post the image from this other user on reddit. https://i.redd.it/3ia2dpyzj8d51.jpg
10. Unfortunately, I cannot make a log post about this, as I am now running on aura sync instead of armoury crate.

I would still eventually like to jump back to armoury crate, as it's rgb control software gives a much better effect than aura sync alone. Please fix this, or allow us to us to download and use the previous version of armoury crate!

Arokhantos
07-28-2020, 11:27 AM
Can you plz look into the bug that causes only 1 led to burn per led strip instead of all leds ? its an issue since even older visions of armoury crate even the old aura sync app has the same issue its really getting annoying having to restart lightening service every few boots.
Even happens on the working armoury crate.

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0

Also if never been able to control my corsair vengeance rgb pro in armoury crate even if i install the iCUE plugin from corsair site
Im really starting to lose my patience.

So far there no proper uninstaller cleanup tool for when these issues repeat again and no fix for issues if just mentioned, i get there is a pandemic but i would asume those that work on armoury crate also work from home.

tseu83
07-28-2020, 03:55 PM
1. PC / Laptop
Zephyrus G14, latest BIOS

2. Aura Sync products
Rog Strix Impact

none

Wired

5. Reinstalled Windows?
no

Windows 10 Pro 1909, build 18363.959.

none

The mapping of my mouse doesn't auto-reapply if i unplug/plug the mouse

How to reproduce :

- Plug Strix impact (mouse)
- Open Armoury Crate
- Navigate to devices > ROG Strix impact
- Remap a button
- Close Armoury Crate Window => mapping is OK
- Unplug Strix impact
- Plug Strix Impact => mapping is KO

Workaround :

If mapping is KO and Strix impact is plugged:

- Re-open Armoury crate
- Close Armoury Crate without change anyting => mapping is OK

none

Log file sent.

happyluckbox
07-28-2020, 05:39 PM
We are aware of this and the team is looking for the root cause, so it's okay if you don't can't provide a log (would help though).

I can reinstall armoury crate to attempt to get you the log. What's the recommended process for installing armoury crate after aura sync? Do I need to do an uninstall of aura sync, or can I just install armoury crate over aura sync?

Reinstalling windows is not an option this time unfortunately.

palopolij
07-28-2020, 05:52 PM
I can reinstall armoury crate to attempt to get you the log. What's the recommended process for installing armoury crate after aura sync? Do I need to do an uninstall of aura sync, or can I just install armoury crate over aura sync?

Reinstalling windows is not an option this time unfortunately.

Don't bother I'll do it. I have armoury crate installed and almost the same set up as you. Z2EA, 3970x, gskill RGB ram with the 2 left dimms out. I'll send my log to him.

happyluckbox
07-28-2020, 06:08 PM
Don't bother I'll do it. I have armoury crate installed and almost the same set up as you. Z2EA, 3970x, gskill RGB ram with the 2 left dimms out. I'll send my log to him.

Sounds great thanks Palop. Will keep my eyes peeled for an update to armoury crate that hopefully fixes this issue.

Jedi RJ
07-28-2020, 06:21 PM
I have a Zenith Extreme (Original). I have two Trident Z RGB RAM sticks that are stuck and only respond to an older version of Aura Sync. Tried pretty much everything Reddit and I could come up with and we came to the conclusion that it is Armoury Crate, so they thought I should share my experience here. This has got to be key!

Installed Aura Sync 1.05.13 and the far two sticks synced with the MB and GPU, but the other six sticks refused to sync. The far two left sticks only respond to Aura 1.05.13 where as the other six sticks work with Aura 1.07.79 or Armoury Crate. It's got to be a corrupted firmware or something that is either on the MB or the RAM that is corrupted.

Been emailing back and forth with Asus Support. They suggest doing a clean install of Windows and use Aura 1.06.66 for some reason, have yet to here back as to why.
I have tried everything aside from doing a fresh install of Windows. I might do one since I'm flushing my entire loop for a deep clean over the next couple of weekends.

happyluckbox
07-28-2020, 07:15 PM
I have a Zenith Extreme (Original). I have two Trident Z RGB RAM sticks that are stuck and only respond to an older version of Aura Sync. Tried pretty much everything Reddit and I could come up with and we came to the conclusion that it is Armoury Crate, so they thought I should share my experience here. This has got to be key!

Installed Aura Sync 1.05.13 and the far two sticks synced with the MB and GPU, but the other six sticks refused to sync. The far two left sticks only respond to Aura 1.05.13 where as the other six sticks work with Aura 1.07.79 or Armoury Crate. It's got to be a corrupted firmware or something that is either on the MB or the RAM that is corrupted.

Been emailing back and forth with Asus Support. They suggest doing a clean install of Windows and use Aura 1.06.66 for some reason, have yet to here back as to why.
I have tried everything aside from doing a fresh install of Windows. I might do one since I'm flushing my entire loop for a deep clean over the next couple of weekends.

Glad to see more people coming through from reddit and posting here since it seems we have an official ASUS rep here who can help us!

1 more suggestion I might add, when this issue is fixed, please don't require us to update armoury crate whenever a new version is released! I had to force update because the controls allowing me to control the LED screen on my mobo were inaccessible unless I updated armoury crate! This whole situation could have been avoided!

TheEternaL
07-28-2020, 07:50 PM

Someone will deal with my question or am I messing around here?

itz_zarz
07-28-2020, 08:23 PM
Still no RGB at all and crate not detecting any devces, anyone have a work around? I've reinstalled windows and crate in the past week.

Arokhantos
07-28-2020, 09:21 PM
Still no RGB at all and crate not detecting any devces, anyone have a work around? I've reinstalled windows and crate in the past week.

Last week or so i reinstalled fixed my issues except the bug where only 1 led works per argb header 1 out of 10 or 100 bootups

I would get rufus and a big usb stick of least 32 gb and put windows 10 image as windows to go on usb stick so you can test clean install on usb stick if that fixes your issue you probably did clean install before they paused the broken updates, they really need to provide a uninstaller, and they need to look at their forums cos its laggy and slow and takes sometimes 1 minute to load a page, im sure many have given up already trying to post here and gone to reddit which is where many post issues to, hope asus is reading over there to.

MasterC@ROG
07-29-2020, 04:41 AM
Hi TheEternal,

From my understanding, your lighting is working but you hope the effects are smoother. You obviously have a large collection of our products and we thank you for your support, we do need some time to optimized the software further for enthusiasts like you. It is a continual process. Not so many people have that many devices synced. The more components synced means more system resources required so it's a delicate balance, we understand that many of you are equally concerned about system performance for gaming. The performance of Armoury Crate is improving continually to maximize visual lighting effects and gaming experience (lower usage of system resources).

Someone will deal with my question or am I messing around here?

MasterC@ROG
07-29-2020, 04:52 AM
Hi There,

Have you synced all profiles? Should do this when connecting a new device.

1. PC / Laptop
Zephyrus G14, latest BIOS

2. Aura Sync products
Rog Strix Impact

Wired

Windows 10 Pro 1909, build 18363.959.

How to reproduce :

- Open Armoury Crate
- Remap a button
- Unplug Strix impact

Workaround :

- Re-open Armoury crate

MasterC@ROG
07-29-2020, 06:27 AM
Before reporting any more issues, please check if everything is up-to-date under Settings > About > Service Version.
These services update in the background and will not show in Update Center.

At of 7/29, the services below are the latest versions:

Service/HAL Version
------------ ------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
Armoury Crate service 3.0.4
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.4.1.0
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.30
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.17
AacAudioHal 1.2.4
AacDispaly 1.1.23

Arokhantos
07-29-2020, 07:29 AM
I feel ignored

Also why does Asus run a different vision of armoury then we do still ?

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0

Im really getting annoyed by the 1 led bug 1 out of 10 or 100 bootups

Razer68
07-29-2020, 03:54 PM

The same for me!!!! Very annoying when you are playing!!

Jesseinsf
07-29-2020, 09:56 PM
PC / Laptop

Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme Motherboard

Aura Sync products

Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme

3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software

Two sets of series 2 Cooler Master SICKLEFLOW 120 ARGB 3IN1 (6 fans total)
Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML360R RGB (Without ARGB Fans) ARGB on AIO block is used.
Corsair - VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 128GB (4 x 32GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16 Memory Kit — Black (SKU CMW128GX4M4D3000C16)
Corsair iCue Software – Plug-in for Aura is also installed but not turned on.
Creative Labs Sound Blaster AE-9

Wired / wireless connection

Wireless

Reinstalled Windows?

Yes (Many Times)

Windows version & build

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - 20H2 - 14042.388

Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected

N/A – Don't know

Clear description of your issue

When I set the LCD display on the motherboard to “Music EQ” using the LiveDash section in Armoury Crate, it intermittently does not stick after a PC restart. I must go in and activate it again (Even though it shows that it is still selected). If I switch from headphones to Speakers on the audio control module of my sound card the Music EQ will not work until I re-select it again under “Device/OLED. Also, I must re-select it again after I use an audio app that uses ASIO or WASAPI direct connect. Lastly sometimes the Music EQ visually updates every .5 seconds, meaning that it stops and goes every .5 seconds.

Any screenshots of the issue

N/A

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.0.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
CorsairAsusPlugin 2.0.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0

shadoww
07-30-2020, 08:49 AM
hello
My laptop ASUS ROG Zephyrus GX701GW has had multiple problems with my rgb keyboard for 2 weeks. Some keys on my RGB keyboard are not green. Another problem is that even if I turn off the lights of all the keys on the keyboard, the 7 keys red light remains on. I just installed Windows 10 2004 and it still hasn't improved. This was the case after Armory crate 3.0.4.0. The colors of some keys on the rgb keyboard have started to be light, please help me to solve this problem..857748577585776

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.12
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.33
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.8
AacAudioHal 1.3.7.0
AacDispaly 1.1.25

tseu83
07-31-2020, 04:31 PM
Hi There,

Have you synced all profiles? Should do this when connecting a new device.

Hello,

I have not that option, and from the doc : "If you are using Armoury Crate v2.3.X or later versions already, Microsoft Store and ROG Live Service will upgrade your app automatically.", but for example i have ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.50 and yours is 1.01.21, and armoury crate say to me that it's up to date. So what to do ?

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.3.15.1
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.50
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.31
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.17
AacAudioHal 1.02.11
AacDispaly 1.1.25

Thank you

Wilkin5on
08-02-2020, 01:14 AM
Hello again,

I decided to meddle a little bit and I decided to repartion my SSD and dual boot to install a fresh version of Windows 10, everything seems to be working now, even advanced effects applied by Aura Creator. However the Shutdown effect is not working:

1. PC / Laptop:

2. Aura Sync products:
ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING BIOS Ver. 1502 (most recent one)

Phanteks LED Strip (non digital one)

Wireless (using mobo)

5. Reinstalled Windows?:
Yes

n/a (fresh install)

Shutdown effects are not working. I tried different setting in the Shutdown Effects page and after shutting down and turning the PC again, the PC starts rainbow color cycling again

n/a

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0

Will send log via PM

TheEternaL
08-02-2020, 09:26 AM
Hi TheEternal,

From my understanding, your lighting is working but you hope the effects are smoother. You obviously have a large collection of our products and we thank you for your support, we do need some time to optimized the software further for enthusiasts like you. It is a continual process. Not so many people have that many devices synced. The more components synced means more system resources required so it's a delicate balance, we understand that many of you are equally concerned about system performance for gaming. The performance of Armoury Crate is improving continually to maximize visual lighting effects and gaming experience (lower usage of system resources).

When will Port Control for ROG Terminal appear in Armory Crate?

TSportM
08-02-2020, 10:53 AM
Latest update kills all game using easy Anti Cheat - its an old issue that you guys fixed in the past.

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.17
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0
ENE_ESD_ASM_HAL 1.0.9.5
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0

fix it please

Arokhantos
08-02-2020, 01:00 PM
Profile switching has been broken for me since day 1 that if started using armoury crate please fix this actually annoying just like the 1 led bug i reported few pages ago, im not sure if the 1 led bug only happens on restart or also on cold boot, im trying to verify that.
System was clean installed.

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0

flyinion
08-03-2020, 04:23 AM
Before reporting any more issues, please check if everything is up-to-date under Settings > About > Service Version.
These services update in the background and will not show in Update Center.

At of 7/29, the services below are the latest versions:

Service/HAL Version
------------ ------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.17
AacAudioHal 1.2.4
AacDispaly 1.1.23

How do you force an update? I don't have a number of those bottom ones on the list, and the "Aac_NBDT" one is out of date. My PC is on and connected 24/7.

Here's what I have right now.............
Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.2.17.0
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0

flyinion
08-03-2020, 04:30 AM
Just to follow up on my post above about services, I STILL can't access the tab in Armoury Crate that allows you to set ARGB header LED count (It just spins forever) and applying anything created in Aura Creator still results in the lights just flashing on an off with whatever pattern/colors in a cycle of about 2-3 seconds on, 1 second off, repeat. I really don't understand how you people can jack up a piece of software that controls your own hardware so badly. This isn't even an old product, it's a "flagship" level X570 board, and the only Asus product even in my system.

Arokhantos
08-03-2020, 01:57 PM
Also Asus can i suggest you to fix this issue with asus framework, its running somekind of cscript.exe cmd like prompt window 2 times flashing by on every cold boot or restart .
I do not know why this checkbox is not checked by default but if you go to task planner and end task asus framework and then start it again those 2 windows you see always popup on every cold boot or restart and makes your software look very unprofessional as if it was made by a script kiddy, atleast have the check box checked i have no idea why its not checked upon armoury crate installation.
Also really wish would get some answers already as well above question answered.

Why asus framework hidden framebox not checked by default ?
Where is the armoury crate uninstall tool that supose to clean things up so you can install it fresh as if you just did clean install ?
Is the 1 led per ledstrip bug being looked at that happens every 1 out of 10 or 100 bootups ?
is profile switching gonna get fixed? right now you need to open armoury crate every cold boot before profile switching works, even on a clean install.
And am i supose to be able to control my corsair vengeance rgb pro in armoury? right now i can only control it in iCUE.

Once again system specs are in my signature as for which armoury crate this one is after the paused updates when things started working as normally again after clean install, and i have ability to test a clean install on my usb drive just to proof which broken issues are cos of actually on current vision and due broken updating process like before.

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0

What i consider most important right now is uninstaller cos this can benefit everyone that is having issues right now.

palopolij
08-03-2020, 06:17 PM
Not sure what's going with their AC team. Every trx40 owner with gskill ram has not been able to control all 8 sticks of their memory after the latest update. Great way to stick it (literally) to your high end customers. If I'm spending $850 for a MB I don't think I should have to be a beta tester for your software. At least let us roll back to the prior version which worked fine. This has been going on for a month.

Arokhantos
08-03-2020, 06:51 PM
Not sure what's going with their AC team. Every trx40 owner with gskill ram has not been able to control all 8 sticks of their memory after the latest update. Great way to stick it (literally) to your high end customers. If I'm spending $850 for a MB I don't think I should have to be a beta tester for your software. At least let us roll back to the prior version which worked fine. This has been going on for a month.

How fresh is your install cos if you haven't done so in a month time it may resolve issue the question is tho if you wanna waste time on that when Asus could have provided a uninstaller and a clean up tool for out of box armory crate experience cos they paused the update but those still on the broken update are still broken, while those that do clean install now bassicly are on old vision except its named same vision as the broken one you got installed, so armory in your case thinks its up to date but its actually out of date, they could've just skipped 3.0.4 and named the old update that worked 3.0.5 so even those with broken update back to old vision

palopolij
08-03-2020, 09:39 PM
How fresh is your install cos if you haven't done so in a month time it may resolve issue the question is tho if you wanna waste time on that when Asus could have provided a uninstaller and a clean up tool for out of box armory crate experience cos they paused the update but those still on the broken update are still broken, while those that do clean install now bassicly are on old vision except its named same vision as the broken one you got installed, so armory in your case thinks its up to date but its actually out of date, they could've just skipped 3.0.4 and named the old update that worked 3.0.5 so even those with broken update back to old vision

Install is about 3-4 weeks old. I just tried uninstalling armoury crate per their support site instructions and reinstalling and it doesn't fix anything. Sick of being a beta tester.

Arokhantos
08-04-2020, 07:24 AM
Install is about 3-4 weeks old. I just tried uninstalling armoury crate per their support site instructions and reinstalling and it doesn't fix anything. Sick of being a beta tester.

Do a fresh install again on usb stick with windows to go option in drop down menu inside rufus with a windows 10 image, dont install anything else on it just armoury crate to see if it can even resolve it, 3 4 weeks can be before it got paused so could fix it quite likely, a uninstaller should be able to fix it to assuming Asus is ever gonna provide a proper one.

MasterC@ROG
08-04-2020, 08:53 AM
If you can, take a screenshot of the CPU usage in Task Manager. Thanks.

MasterC@ROG
08-04-2020, 09:09 AM
For those who have populated all 8 DIMM slots, good news guys, we have been working with G.Skill to resolve this issue and the solution will be ready by the end of the month. More tests will be performed before implementing in an upcoming update.

Please update and report if any issues. Thanks.

Glad to see more people coming through from reddit and posting here since it seems we have an official ASUS rep here who can help us!

1 more suggestion I might add, when this issue is fixed, please don't require us to update armoury crate whenever a new version is released! I had to force update because the controls allowing me to control the LED screen on my mobo were inaccessible unless I updated armoury crate! This whole situation could have been avoided!

miky86bindo
08-04-2020, 11:17 AM
Can i get answers please.

No!
They are a group of incompetent people who don't know what to answer:mad:

They never answered and never provided a solution to the problems caused by their inability to develop decent software

Wolli
08-04-2020, 11:28 AM
Profile switching has been broken for me since day 1 that if started using armoury crate please fix this actually annoying just like the 1 led bug i reported few pages ago, im not sure if the 1 led bug only happens on restart or also on cold boot, im trying to verify that.
System was clean installed.

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0

How do you reinstalled AC to get it Show up all components again in AURA?

TSportM
08-04-2020, 04:41 PM
Latest update kills all game using easy Anti Cheat - its an old issue that you guys fixed in the past.

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.17
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0
ENE_ESD_ASM_HAL 1.0.9.5
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0

fix it please

1- this rog service is detected as a cheat

2 - this software needs a proper unistaller that completly removes this/ for a proper installation again

3 - all the updates you bring to the table sometimes fixes problems but adds another, asus rog claymore cleary is buggy using this sofware, the software overall is good but its very buggy insted of bringing small fixes just give a big update for fixing all the issues, consider also using this as standalone and not a windows store app.

cheers

macmus
08-04-2020, 05:02 PM
after update one of mine RAM slots is not detected wtf?

dirtmerchant187
08-04-2020, 05:23 PM
Here is the latest stable configuration for my desktop computer:
Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.65
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.24
ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0

I know that some of these software components are not the latest. However, I know that if I do an update, the DRAM rgb will stop working. Either the whole set is not recognized , or only 3 of the 4 sticks are controllable. The DRAM is G.SKILL Trident Z Neo. Motherboard is Zenith II Extreme Alpha. Also, sometimes after a reboot, the Aura effects comes up in the rainbow settings instead of the static setting that I had it set at. Each time things go out of control, I have to resort to reinstalling a system image I made a few weeks ago. For now, I'm sticking with the above configuration, because it works.

I spent some time updating software components. I've got a stable working configuration with these versions:

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.24
ENE RGB HAL 1.0.17.0
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0

If I update ASUS HAL Central to version 20200720, then DRAM RGB will no longer work correctly.

First Asus, I'm a computer idiot so expecting me to put all that info together is crazy....maaaaaaaaaaybe have your app provide that info?

Anyway, I have virtually the same problem with my gskill ram and armoury crate. Crate just doesn't ackowledge its existence and leaves it in not only rainbow, but the horrible rainbow setting.

Was there a solution to this?

My workaround was uninstall pretty much everything asus. Reinstall only AURA Sync and after many restarts, aura sync finally recognizes all my components including my RAM. So now I just only use aura sync and deny armoury crate install everytime my pc prompts me for it. Is my solution THE solution?

Thanks

geneo
08-04-2020, 09:42 PM
Well I have uninstalled it for the time being so don't have all info. This is a Hero XII Z490 MB with an i7-1070k processor, Asus 2070 Super graphics card with Aura for the graphics card installed.

1. PC
3. None
4. Wireless
5. No Way.
6. Running latest Windows 10 2004 19041.423
7. New MB d
8. I install AC from the web page. I do all of the updates, it downloads and installs the SDK for the Hero XII. The Hero soes not show up in devices (only my g,skill RAM does). However I can hover the mouse over devices and the Hero XII shows up. When I click on it it says the Motherboard is not supported. WTF, the SDK supporting the motherboard is installed !!! . So right now I have no control over the MB or the LED strip lighting. This is ridiculous.

nbtc971
08-05-2020, 03:19 AM
Can i get answers please.

Sorry about this being rude, but you aren't getting answers because you spam the forums and your tone is such that, I wouldn't want to respond to you either.

They are aware that Crate is broken. It won't be fixed overnight. And while I find it weird that I'm in the position of defending Asus for their software department, it will take time to sort things out.

LordSabathan
08-05-2020, 08:08 AM
Im just interested in the ERT or info about the quickfix with this auto alt and tab from CMD.IT really bother me since im playing competitive shooters and alt tab me in middle of the game.I can live with the other stuffs :)

palopolij
08-05-2020, 11:13 AM
Yeah I agree. People can complain however they want. We spent our money on these products and they don't work as advertised. Support has been totally lackluster and disconnected and the only support person on this thread seems to just pick random posts to respond to. They actually wanted me to reinstall windows (which I did multiple times) and RMA my board (which I didn't do because they're idiots). Who's going to reimburse me the hours it took to reinstall windows and troubleshoot this? That was my time that I could have spent doing something else. I usually spend >10k on my personal builds each year. Check out jsp9000 on reddit to see some of them. The one thing they all have in common is an asus motherboard. But not anymore. I'll never buy another one.

Snaptrap
08-05-2020, 06:40 PM
Pay a premium for faulty rush-job garbage. Yes sir, the software and hardware are faulty. Just slap some lights on it. We're going full Thermaltake.

Even the uninstallation processes for this software was in Chinese. That's how poorly this software was developed. Why release this if there's apparent issues? Has the general public become your test department so you can save on cost?

Aeternitas
08-06-2020, 09:00 PM
1. PC --> Asus ROG B550-E Gaming

2. Aura Sync products --> B550-E Gaming and GTX 1060-OC

3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software --> Philips Hue (won't be detected in Armoury Crate at all)

4. Wired / wireless connection --> WIred

5. Reinstalled Windows? --> no way, it was a fresh installation a few weeks ago.

6. Windows version & build --> Windows 10 (2004)

7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected --> not sure, because I cannot go back. But I am pretty shure, it was the version that came with the mainboard in the first place.

Many issues:
- ArmouryCrateService is not starting, therefore, no AURA Sync
- Updates in Armoury Crate won't succeed, therefore no system information from the board
- Windows Store is showing, that Armoury Crate (Beta) is installed. Why can't I install a stable version?

I tried removing everything from ASUS (it's a pain in the ass, believe me...). Reinstalled everything following different approaches from the net (first thing of course from the ASUS FAQ, which seems to be out of date though)

Log on the way via PM

11. Information in about tab: why are some items not detected as installed? they are definitely in the folder structure...
Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service Nicht installiert
AURA Service (Lighting Service) Nicht installiert
Armoury Crate service Nicht installiert

11. ArmouryCrate.InstallationInformation.exe
-----------
{07165460-3642-4590-A445-9950E61B4079} 1.0.0.6 HWComponetPlugin
{079B2A6C-DC82-42E3-94B6-9B36E683D464} 1.3.107.27 ASUS Update
{0E536061-3B55-4D45-BF58-0BDA261C94B0} 3.04.15 AURA Service
{1E2EA04B-FCA7-457E-B6F4-F33E1858E859} 0.0.11 AURA lighting effect add-on
{25A4F5AF-08D5-4899-9FC3-6F0FF6909A1E} 3.0.0.2 ArmouryCrate.AC_FDS
{2d87bfb6-c184-4a59-9bbe-3e20ce797631} 1.1.2.0 ROGLiveService
{3B9D1AB2-1F72-4B7D-BF93-B92627943D2B} 3.0.1.0 ArmouryCrate.FreeUpMemory
{3F4D685B-7F1E-4C86-9545-0506A5F5BF86} 2.5.0.0 ArmouryCrate.UserCenterMergeModule
{536F322A-FE7B-42D2-869F-8E6195C85A70} 3.0.3.0 ArmouryCrate.ScenarioProfile
{65565C62-0C9E-4B2F-A811-CBCC729CA1CA} 3.0.1.0 ArmouryCrate.UserExperienceImprovement
{6AD2878E-6F59-4F34-BEE4-3F5A994A006D} 3.0.4.1 ArmouryCrate.Aura
{8688A0D0-9F6E-43CB-BE68-5AD0101B8DCC} 3.0.4.0 ARMOURY CRATE
{9D21C470-1571-45D9-92B5-BC004008D672} 1.0.2.14 DeviceServicePlugin
{D4C7679C-C551-406A-8D60-889078A618B1} 3.0.4.0 ArmouryCrate.MainMergeModule
{E0111355-9DFB-4C3C-820E-E4F636F0A709} 3.0.3.0 ArmouryCrate.GameLibrary
{E43C9C38-7DBD-4F80-82E9-B71B5C9F762E} 1.0.6.0 MacroKeyPlugin
{EF3944FF-2501-4568-B15C-5701E726719E} 3.0.4 ARMOURY CRATE Lite Service

Edit: 07.08.2020
DOn't forget this guy here (another issue):

E7C8DA76-C9B9-4297-8681-DD878330AFE7.dll not found in system

Re@per
08-06-2020, 10:58 PM
since last update my G. Skill Trident Z royal are gone from armoury crate ....

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.24
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.2.3
AacAudioHal 1.3.2.0
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper RGB 1.00.06

Wolli
08-07-2020, 09:05 AM
Hi is there anyone who still haves the Problem that no device is detected or should this Problem be fixed.

I am asking because im currently not home and when i was home i got this faulty Update and i hope its been fixed when i come back in 3 Days. And I dont want to reinstall Windows.

flyinion
08-07-2020, 11:16 PM
So I realized the Aura Creator profiles flashing on and off when applied turned out to be a user error in creating some test ones. So I have that working again, and managed to edit the layer and add the headers again and that fixed the headers going dark when applying one of my imported profiles (after removing and reinstalling Aura Creator and Armoury Crate).

However, in Armoury Crate going to the Devices tab and selecting my mobo, it still spins forever instead of bringing up the tabs to configure ARGB LED count, "calibrate" 12V RGB headers, or set the power off colors. The "Asus Aac_NBDT HAL" still has not updated to the newer version that the Asus rep showed a screenshot of as being the latest auto-updated services either.

I also noticed yesterday that none of the Asus stuff in the MS store shows up in the Store app now as downloaded/installed/etc. Armoury Crate, Aura Creator, Sonic Studio 3, or Sonic Radar. I can still for instance search for Aura Creator in the store though and it shows up and detects that it's installed there on the store listing.

geneo
08-08-2020, 03:26 PM
I want to point out the irony of this.

I have an Asus Hero XII motherboard , an Asus 2070 Super graphics card, an Asus addressable RGB LED strip, and g.skill RGB TridentZ RAM.

The only thing Armory Crate Aura detects is the RAM. (the MB is detected but it says it is unsupported)

Well I have uninstalled it for the time being so don't have all info. This is a Hero XII Z490 MB with an i7-1070k processor, Asus 2070 Super graphics card with Aura for the graphics card installed.

1. PC
3. None
4. Wireless
5. No Way.
6. Running latest Windows 10 2004 19041.423
7. New MB d
8. I install AC from the web page. I do all of the updates, it downloads and installs the SDK for the Hero XII. The Hero soes not show up in devices (only my g,skill RAM does). However I can hover the mouse over devices and the Hero XII shows up. When I click on it it says the Motherboard is not supported. WTF, the SDK supporting the motherboard is installed !!! . So right now I have no control over the MB or the LED strip lighting. This is ridiculous.

rgpmanutd
08-09-2020, 08:58 AM
Hey,

I ran a BIOS/ Firmware update on my Asus Tuf A15 FA506II. After it came back on I noticed that the backlight on the keyboard stayed on for an inordinately long time. So I forced a shutdown and restarted the system. I opened Armoury crate to see that it had thrown up a service error. Asus' website suggested that I uninstall and reinstall the Armoury Crate app. Here is where my issues began.

On uninstalling the Armoury Crate App and the Armoury crate service files, I understandably lost the fn+F5 fan control functionality. However, when I reinstalled the app as per the instructions of the website, it still throws up the service error. Further, when the Armoury crate service is reinstalled, it claims that there is a version already existing, despite the fact that I had ensured that I had uninstalled the same. On entering the app, I noticed that the device tab was not present on the Armoury crate tray and that Aura claimed that I had no RGB devices linked.

I had an ASUS RMA Enginneer over. He was not able to fix it either. The BIOS is 309. Any help on how I would go about fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Pretty much the exact issue as #93

Wolli
08-09-2020, 10:58 AM
Now my armoury detects all my devices but my Ram is not sync to each other before this Update all 4 Modules have the same collor wave now first the first one make it than the next in aura creator the rainbow wave is syncd

jdjennings513
08-09-2020, 01:43 PM
1. PC / Laptop
PC Asus ROG STRIX B550 F
2. Aura Sync products
Asus ROG Strix B550 F (Wifi)
Asus ROG Ryujin 360
Thermal Take Pure 14 ARGB Fan (plugged into 5v header)
Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB Ram 8*4 (Icue Software)
Software – Icue, Aura Sync, Armory Crate
Wired
5. Reinstalled Windows?
Yes
Windows 10 PRO
Version 1909
OS Build 18363.959
Whatever the prior version was.
With prior version of Armory Crate all lighting effects worked pretty well and my Board, Ram and Fans were recognized. Installed the Ryujin AIO and the system saw the fan automatically and installed an update. Everything worked flawlessly. I could monitor core temps/volts everything, and adjust lights as needed. After the update 8/6/2020 everything failed. Armory Crate no longer recognized any devices attached to it. Tried uninstalling everything (group uninstaller would be nice) removed any remaining reg items, reinstalled everything and nothing is working. Did a fresh windows install and reinstall of Armory Crate, Aura Sync, and lights are on but have zero control cannot access AIO information.
With Armory Crate working
https://youtu.be/1i4PwXicNbY
After update:
https://youtu.be/Hn6ZGq0qrvM

efxtres
08-09-2020, 04:59 PM
1. PC / Laptop
G531GU

2. Aura Sync products
None

None

Wireless (does have Ethernet port, I use it sometimes)

5. Reinstalled Windows?
Yes. Did a Windows reset 2 months ago

Windows 10 Home, build 18363.959

V2.7.13.0

Music "pattern"s (not "color cycle") refuse to cycle colours on the keyboard and LED strip

How to reproduce :

* Open Armoury Crate
* Navigate to Aura Sync > AURA effects
* Select "Music" effect and any "Pattern" color (Playback device is "3 - Realtek Audio" and Style is "Audio Spectrum")
* Close Armoury Crate Window and play music
* RGB lighting will react to music but does not cycle from the starting color

None

Log available upon DM!

SERVICE VERSIONS
----------------------
Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.36
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.36
AacAudioHal 1.2.4
AacDispaly 1.1.23

jezjohnson
08-09-2020, 06:21 PM
1. PC / Laptop
PC
2. Aura Sync products
Motherboard (Strix X570-F) / RAM (4x16gb Cruicial Ballistix RGB 3600 C16)
None
Wired
5. Reinstalled Windows?
Yes
Nothing on this or previous X570 motherboard (TUF / STRIX), last worked properly on X99 RVE10
Armory crate turns off A2/B2/B1 slots leaving A1 on and will not control any dimms. Aura separate install controls all bar A1 slot.
Installing cruicial Ballistix MOD software afterwards allows control of all 4 dimm slots with no issues, so a software issue.

Invalid file when trying to attach

geneo
08-11-2020, 03:16 PM
When are you going to provide support for the Hero XII ?

macmus
08-12-2020, 11:21 PM
Same issue as jez with no RGB support on first DIMM slot.
Gskill RGB SW behave the same.

Snaptrap
08-13-2020, 08:51 AM
No support for ROG peripherals?85955

Mark_Baxt
08-15-2020, 11:51 AM
1. PC
2. Motherboard, CPU Fan, Graphics Card, Ram (Not giving product names as its irrelevant to this)
3. Corsair iCUE
4. Wired connection
5. Reinstalled Windows? No.
6. Windows version & build. Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016)
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected. None.
8. I am trying to sync my iPhone to my Armoury Crate but the instructions on Asus's website say go to home and show a picture but my armoury has no home screen.
9. Photo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f1cgZRsUwTDSk-rv10Mi2RjY1G6lfaJ3/view?usp=sharing
10. Will send in PM if asked but I am unsure if it would be helpful.

Hamrdeye
08-16-2020, 02:18 PM
Everything is working within Armoury Crate. This is a fresh Windows 10 install. I am having an issue with the "Tools" section. It also didn't work before the Windows reload.

Previously all I got was the snowflake. Now I get the text "You need to install ASUS Armoury Crate service update before continuing". Where is this service update? I have nothing available in Update Center.

Mark_Baxt
08-16-2020, 05:10 PM
Everything is working within Armoury Crate. This is a fresh Windows 10 install. I am having an issue with the "Tools" section. It also didn't work before the Windows reload.

Previously all I got was the snowflake. Now I get the text "You need to install ASUS Armoury Crate service update before continuing". Where is this service update? I have nothing available in Update Center.

Have you tried reinstalling????

Hamrdeye
08-16-2020, 05:34 PM
Have you tried reinstalling????

Its a fresh install. So is it so buggy I have to reinstall after a first ever fresh install on a fresh Win10 install? if that is the case what a crap piece of software.

MasterC@ROG
08-17-2020, 02:28 AM
Thanks again for providing logs and explanations for your issues. Just want to let you know that we are working to replicate and resolve each one of them. Please understand that some will take longer to replicate and we may not have all the components for identical setups.

miky86bindo
08-17-2020, 07:30 AM
Thanks again for providing logs and explanations for your issues. Just want to let you know that we are working to replicate and resolve each one of them. Please understand that some will take longer to replicate and we may not have all the components for identical setups.

We need a proper uninstaller, make a fresh windows 10 installation every time that we have a problem with this buggy software isn't an option for most of us, thanks

MasterC@ROG
08-17-2020, 07:51 AM
As mentioned previously, an uninstaller is in the works. I do not have a date yet, but it is coming. Thanks.

We need a proper uninstaller, make a fresh windows 10 installation every time that we have a problem with this buggy software isn't an option for most of us, thanks

miky86bindo
08-17-2020, 11:58 AM
As mentioned previously, an uninstaller is in the works. I do not have a date yet, but it is coming. Thanks.

:D yeeeeh!! thanks

valenone
08-18-2020, 10:34 AM
1. Desktop PC
2. ROG Strix X570-F, ROG Impact mouse
3. 3rd party iCUE without AURA Sync plugin.
4. Wired connection
5. Reinstalled Windows 10 2004 from July, 17, 2020
6. Windows 10 version 2004
8. Settings not being applied after power-on.

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.24
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0

flyinion
08-19-2020, 11:23 PM
Man you guys just can't get anything right. The HAL etc. updated for my motherboard (X570 Crosshair VIII Hero non-wifi) today and now (after a reboot) if I try to go to Device and click on my motherboard to get to the ARGB header LED count, power off colors, etc. instead of just spinning, the whole app just CTD's. After the update but before restarting the app that same attempt told me it needed an update instead of spinning.

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0

Here's the Event Viewer crash info

Faulting application name: ArmouryCrate.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f0438a8
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.423, time stamp: 0xed02c0bc
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x000000000010b3cc
Faulting process id: 0x4720
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6767f2ada5df4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\B9ECED6F.ArmouryCrate_3.0.4.0_x6 4__qmba6cd70vzyy\ArmouryCrate.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 081f7c88-e36e-4a4b-ac21-acad94605825
Faulting package full name: B9ECED6F.ArmouryCrate_3.0.4.0_x64__qmba6cd70vzyy
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Wilkin5on
08-21-2020, 03:45 AM
I'm on a fresh install (this time because I installed a new SSD) and shutdown effects are still not working. Lightning Service uses up to 8% of CPU and considering my current CPU that's a lot.

1. PC / Laptop:

2. Aura Sync products:
ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING BIOS Ver. 1602 (most recent one)

Phanteks LED Strip (non digital one)
Corsair H115 AIO (Corsair iCUe is installed with plugins disabled)

Wireless (using mobo)

5. Reinstalled Windows?:
Fresh Install

Version 2004 OS Build 19041.450

n/a (fresh install)

Shutdown effects are not working. I tried different setting in the Shutdown Effects page and after shutting down and turning the PC again, the PC starts rainbow color cycling again

Also Lightning Service is using up to 8% of my Core i7 9700K according to Task Manager

n/a

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0

Will send log via PM

dragonthc
08-26-2020, 11:51 PM
1. PC / Laptop
LAPTOP TUF506IV-AS76

2. Aura Sync products
none

none

both

5. Reinstalled Windows?
irelevant

W10 1909 build 18363.1016

Tuf A15 BIOS 308 worked as expected

TUF A15 BIOS 309 does not allow AC to show CPU temperature or Voltages.

Imgur link (https://i.imgur.com/r9qyemK.png)

Did that, it's literally in chinese.

spstekno
08-27-2020, 02:52 PM
I also have the same problems
1. Armory Crate Crashes when accessing the mother board: ASUS ROG Z490-A Gaming (brand new)
2. Cant change Shutdown lights
3. For some reason the Ausus Logo on the mother board does not light up (only the STRIX text), I have another X570 motherboard and both light up
Please fix this, or have an alternative
Faulting application name: ArmouryCrate.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f0438a8
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.423, time stamp: 0xed02c0bc
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x000000000010b3cc
Faulting process id: 0x4b88
Faulting application start time: 0x01d67c7fce500aad
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\B9ECED6F.ArmouryCrate_3.0.4.0_x6 4__qmba6cd70vzyy\ArmouryCrate.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 17d62254-5c54-404f-8e07-f956fab05d7d
Faulting package full name: B9ECED6F.ArmouryCrate_3.0.4.0_x64__qmba6cd70vzyy
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

TheEternaL
08-27-2020, 03:16 PM
When is the new version of Armory Crate released?

nbtc971
08-28-2020, 07:18 AM

You're gonna want that uninstaller first.

miky86bindo
08-28-2020, 07:24 AM
You're gonna want that uninstaller first.

Without that uninstaller, every new Armoury crate version will be useless!

AJLWalton
08-29-2020, 06:06 AM
i actually had to create my own BAT file that auto removes leftover reg entries and use REVO unninstaller in the process

Quite a pain in the rear end but it only takes me 10 min to uninstall vs 35 - 40 min

BUT FOR TE RECORD: ARMOURY IS STILL MORE BROKEN THAN ITS EVER BEEN...

I have a ZENITH ii EXTREME ALPHA MB, and at least on previous version aura on motherboard and RAM worked properly, but after the latest update, it broke ram led functionality [only three out of 4 work] quite disappointing to say the least

Rhythm22
08-30-2020, 08:59 AM
GameVisual was working just fine until just recently when I saw that Armoury Crate attempted for an update to which I promptly agreed. A few days may have passed when I finally got around to using the GameVisual to see that none of the various configurations did anything. :mad: I have tried reinstalling Armoury Crate to no avail. The separate app of Game Visual on the Microsoft Store still works just fine, only the In-Built GameVIsual with Armoury Crate is at fault here.
My system is an Asus Zephyrus S GX531GWR with Windows 10 Version 2004 OS Build:19041.450

Solid42
09-01-2020, 07:28 AM
1. PC
2. Asus Zenith Extreme , Gskill Tridentz , ROG claymore , ROG gladius 2
3. No
4. Wired
5. No
6. Windows 10 pro build : 19041.450
7. all of the previous versions worked fine

8. After an Armoury Crate update one out of my 4 ram dimms is stuck on rainbow mode (default?) and is not recognizable from the software. after moving arround dimms to slots its always the same slot that remains bugged. tried several other things to no avail.

9. not needed

10. https://gofile.io/d/ZUgctg

RULVFF
09-02-2020, 06:41 AM
1. PC
2. Asus Zenith II Extreme , 8 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver, 2x Strix Cars
3. Razer synapse 3.5.831.82315 (Razer Basilisk Ultima + Dock)/ Corsair Link V49.9.3 (to manage/monitor AXi Power Supply)
4. wireless connection
5. No
6. Windows 10 Pro 2004 Build: 19041.450
7. All worked fine before AC update

After an Armoury Crate update, 2 out of my 8 RAM Slots are stuck on G.skill Rainbow default mode, had swapped 2 RAM Sticks, the problem stay the same location, on two slots close to Io shield, slots D2 and D1.
When the systems start it remains on a specific solid color, I need to open AC and go to page "AURA EFFECT" to the effect be applied, on a system start or reboot the problem occur the same.
I had uninstalled and installed AC with no results.

9. Not needed, external visualization
10. Log: https://gofile.io/d/VnGlA2

__________________________________________________ ______________________
The help from from: MXAndresMX
Try this [url]https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ks-problem-RGB (https://gofile.io/d/VnGlA2)
will fix your problem.
__________________________________________________ _____________________
This work for me, 2 RAM Sticks get back to working.
Wait to see new updates packages not broke it again.

xufos69
09-03-2020, 05:52 AM
1. PC / Laptop : PC
2. Aura Sync products : Asus Maximus XI Formula
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software : Corsair ICUE, NZXT CAM, RGB Fusion, Razer Synapse
4. Wired / wireless connection : Wired
5. Reinstalled Windows : Yes
6. Windows version & build : Windows 10 Pro 2004, build 19041.450
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected : Forget
8. Clear description of your issue :
- In the Device section of the Armoury Crate app my Asus Maximus XI Formula Mobo appears but I can't control the Live dashboard display, temp or anything else. It's just a black page. This problem appears when I update ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA Device Kit/AURA Kit/HAL/HTML/Device SDK at the date 2020/09/03.
9. Any screenshots of the issue: Attached

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.04
ENE_EHD_SSS_HAL 1.0.2.0

Dicehunter
09-03-2020, 07:54 AM
1. PC,
2. Aura Sync products are the motherboard, Mouse and keyboard.
3. The only 3rd part item I have is a LianLi Strimer RGB cable plugged into the RGB header on the motherboard.
4. Wired connection,
5. I've tried reinstalling Windows, It doesn't fix anything.
6. Windows 10 Pro version 2004.
7. I only ever used Aura sync and Armoury, Now with Crate, Nothing works.
8. Only the ROG Claymore keyboard shows up and even that is buggy.
9. Screenshot isn't really needed, It's self explanatory.
10. Log collection wouldn't work.

I don't know what you put in the Crate software but before I used it my installation of Aura sync and Armoury II worked great, Even if I uninstall Crate nothing seems to work, Your software team seriously needs to devote some serious time to this as it's an incredibly buggy piece of software that is actively stopping people from controlling the hardware they bought.

palopolij
09-03-2020, 12:49 PM
For those who have populated all 8 DIMM slots, good news guys, we have been working with G.Skill to resolve this issue and the solution will be ready by the end of the month. More tests will be performed before implementing in an upcoming update.

Are there any updates with this issue? All of your high end users have been looking at rainbow ram for months...

Gofran
09-04-2020, 04:00 PM
SO i have tried somthing and dont know if it will work for every one so everything i say i am not responsible of your system but oled issue is still there it get stuck on default or a preset but for me a restart ruturns to normal again but the lights works for me good keeps on the chosen preset and not returning to default anymore

so i have disabled win defender forever
set xmp I not II
bios disable fastboot and also windows setting
i only use m.2 so i disabled all sata in bios

at first i noticed that out of nowhere mine rgb returned to the preset i had chosen but did not stay for long after a restart it did go back to the default then later was back on preset for me maybe also i did not try the turn off fully pc and wait 10min and turn it back on again and reinstalling windows 10 was not needed
so reinstalled windows 10 and first installed al drivers then downloaded mic visual c++ both x86 and 64 and installed them

spec
z490 xii formula
1080ti
g skill trident z
latest bios
ryuo 240

flyinion
09-04-2020, 11:05 PM
Are there any updates with this issue? All of your high end users have been looking at rainbow ram for months...

I managed to fix mine for now. I found an uninstall guide on GSkill's forums that details how to uninstall their software (which I installed trying to fix my RAM after AC broke the lighting) and to remove 3rd party stuff like Aura, Gigabyte, etc. After removing their stuff and all of AC and Aura Creator I reinstalled the GSkill software then Creator, then AC and now I can at least change the lighting. I still get the weird behavior on boot randomly where half the LED's on my headers shut off after logging in. I was fixing that by going to the area in AC where you change the ARGB LED header LED count but that just CTD's the app now. However I found another fix for that issue for now. Go to Services and restart the "lighting service" and it brings them all back.

At least it's somewhat usable for me right now until Asus gets off their rears and actually does something useful. The only thing I'm using it for is controlling stuff on the ARGB headers though. I can't imagine what you guys that are using it to control video cards and other peripherals are having to deal with.

happyluckbox
09-05-2020, 06:16 AM
2/8 of my ram sticks still aren't working on my asus zenith 2 extreme alpha... still no fix for this? I posted this months ago... :(

happyluckbox
09-05-2020, 06:19 AM

Hi... It's been exactly 30 days now :(

palopolij
09-05-2020, 01:08 PM
Another user "MXAndresMX" sent me a solution for which I am very grateful. Asus should take notes. All of the RGB of the ram is working properly. Follow the steps in his readme file. This literally just takes a few minutes. Here's a link:

https://www.dropbox.com/t/gXDat27MdGQtlmW0

MXAndresMX
09-05-2020, 03:06 PM
2/8 of my ram sticks still aren't working on my asus zenith 2 extreme alpha... still no fix for this? I posted this months ago... :(

Try this https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?120504-Solution-for-2-of-8-sticks-problem-RGB
will fix your problem.

Gofran
09-05-2020, 06:18 PM
so after a lot of testing its has to do with windows defender i disabled it all lighting was working fine

then enabled it back again and al lights where issue keeps going on default mode i am reinstalling windows may 2004 again and disabling defender again because somthing now after last update this week in defender would alow me to disable it

i forgot to to go the windows safe mode i disabled it there now al lights are working fine

only issue is that oled freeze or stuck preset after restart its working fine

E33et
09-06-2020, 10:52 AM
Anyone else having issue with the latest version of Crate that i'm albe to start it but if i want to change device it craches, no matter how i do!

Hope it's will been fixed in the further updates.

Kind regards
e33et

Aeternitas
09-06-2020, 11:09 AM
so after a lot of testing its has to do with windows defender i disabled it all lighting was working fine

then enabled it back again and al lights where issue keeps going on default mode i am reinstalling windows may 2004 again and disabling defender again because somthing now after last update this week in defender would alow me to disable it

i forgot to to go the windows safe mode i disabled it there now al lights are working fine

only issue is that oled freeze or stuck preset after restart its working fine

Can't confirm this on my system. I disabled Defender through the settings (disable Realtime Protection and Cloud based Protection). I restarted Armoury Crate and still I get issues. Neither the ligthing nor the mainboard settings/readings will work. I still cannot update the HAL for my mainboard (B550-E Gaming).

I have Windows 10 2004 as well.

Gofran
09-06-2020, 02:56 PM
Can't confirm this on my system. I disabled Defender through the settings (disable Realtime Protection and Cloud based Protection). I restarted Armoury Crate and still I get issues. Neither the ligthing nor the mainboard settings/readings will work. I still cannot update the HAL for my mainboard (B550-E Gaming).

I have Windows 10 2004 as well.

because this is for the ones that rgb lights presets not saving

did you go also to gpedit.msc and if this is also still in your task manager it means that its still on defender

if this is still there that means defender is still there and its not off search on google how to permanently disable Windows Defender

this needs to bealso

and when you are all done go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService
delete last profile and clear trash also

go to services and restart lightningservice then shutdown pc
turn it back on again then choose a preset not static and rainbow because those two are the default versions that was issue but if breathing mode works for you or color changing all the others will work for you like static and rainbow

TheEternaL
09-06-2020, 04:18 PM

MasterC@ROG
09-07-2020, 02:53 AM
Sorry for the hold up guys. The solution is a collaboration between us and G.Skill (we cannot provide a fix for our partners' hardware on our own this time), and we need to make sure multiple platforms and motherboards are covered. Currently a solution is under testing, the previous 2 versions were working although with a slight delay. We want to ensure the upcoming update released is working well for everybody. Thanks for your patience, it will take slightly longer than expected.

AJLWalton
09-07-2020, 04:14 AM
Sorry for the hold up guys. The solution is a collaboration between us and G.Skill (we cannot provide a fix for our partners' hardware on our own this time), and we need to make sure multiple platforms and motherboards are covered. Currently a solution is under testing, the previous 2 versions were working although with a slight delay. We want to ensure the upcoming update released is working well for everybody. Thanks for your patience, it will take slightly longer than expected.

is there a way to get a hold of the "ENE RGB HAL.exe" v 1.0.17.0 this version has been the only one that works correctly with my zenith II extreme alpha. ive tried the 1.0.21.0 but on the rainbow on the ram keeps stuttering/skipping

Any assistance in this matter will be most appreciated

player678
09-07-2020, 06:13 AM
Looking forward to the fix...

player678
09-07-2020, 06:21 AM
Looking forward to the fix...

And in general, it cannot be controlled via armory crate in any way - even though it is in the devices, any change spins for a long time and either an error shows (attached) or simply nothing happens. Rebooting does not help.

MasterC@ROG
09-07-2020, 09:54 AM
MXAndresMX's solution from G.SKILL (ENE v21 => 1.0.21.0) was never released officially due to the delay (stuttering/skipping) that some people might experience, the version currently being verified by us is a few versions newer (v26). When the new update is released (v26 or later), it will have been tested on these 4 platforms - Intel Z390/490, X299, AMD X570, and TRX40.

is there a way to get a hold of the "ENE RGB HAL.exe" v 1.0.17.0 this version has been the only one that works correctly with my zenith II extreme alpha. ive tried the 1.0.21.0 but on the rainbow on the ram keeps stuttering/skipping

Any assistance in this matter will be most appreciated

FlufflePuff1337
09-07-2020, 01:30 PM
I thought it was working just fine but if i pick static color and switch back to another effect the entire software breaks until i go back a restore point or clean install this is very frustrating, if i had an issue with ai suite i would just uninstall it and reinstall it problem solved, why cant it be this easy with armoury crate.
The software basically forgot how to remember settings regardless of what you pick especially with rainbow effect, but from a clean install picking different color schemes rainbows only nothing else remembers it, unless you have picked static.

Gofran
09-07-2020, 03:49 PM
I thought it was working just fine but if i pick static color and switch back to another effect the entire software breaks until i go back a restore point or clean install this is very frustrating, if i had an issue with ai suite i would just uninstall it and reinstall it problem solved, why cant it be this easy with armoury crate.
The software basically forgot how to remember settings regardless of what you pick especially with rainbow effect, but from a clean install picking different color schemes rainbows only nothing else remembers it, unless you have picked static.

i had the same issue as yours for me its windows defender anti virus what is causing the i disabled i never needed any way and armoury crate is very fast now than before but if you want disable it you need to know what youre doing before disabling defender
i think they know it already or they read mine comment that it windows defender causing the issue

FlufflePuff1337
09-07-2020, 06:41 PM
i had the same issue as yours for me its windows defender anti virus what is causing the i disabled i never needed any way and armoury crate is very fast now than before but if you want disable it you need to know what youre doing before disabling defender
i think they know it already or they read mine comment that it windows defender causing the issue

Have to make a correction static does not break it, it breaks after you choose starry night im not sure if there mor broken options but starry night effect is just dark and not functional, defender is disabled if you have own anti virus it does not trigger on armoury crate.

Was playing around further with armoury crate on broken install and discovered a fix for it not remembering settings however you need a backup of a bunch of files before it breaks, you can copy these files on your own bassicly inside folder C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService
You find a folder named script and a file named LastProfile.xml you want a backup of these while its working and remembering least rainbow settings, or whichever setting you want it to remember.
When you have problems instead of doing clean install you go back into that folder and first go into services.msc and stop lightningservice then go in that folder and replace the files with the backup after that startup lightningservice again and it should load profile of your backup, incase of rainbow you have to change color scheme of the rainbow to another setting first, followed your preference inside armoury afterwards after that it will always load your preference, you can check if it loads up prefered rgb profile by restarting lightningservice while armoury crate is closed.

For some reason starry night effect started working again and i put backup back but if i choose specific effects it stop remembering other effects in my case rainbow preference color scheme and led strip size

geneo
09-07-2020, 08:22 PM
I would like to here why the hell my motherboard is not supported.

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.37
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.39
AacAudioHal 1.2.4
AacDispaly 1.1.23
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.12
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.04
ENE_EHD_SSS_HAL 1.0.2.0

Gofran
09-07-2020, 09:03 PM
Have to make a correction static does not break it, it breaks after you choose starry night im not sure if there mor broken options but starry night effect is just dark and not functional, defender is disabled if you have own anti virus it does not trigger on armoury crate.

Was playing around further with armoury crate on broken install and discovered a fix for it not remembering settings however you need a backup of a bunch of files before it breaks, you can copy these files on your own bassicly inside folder C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService
You find a folder named script and a file named LastProfile.xml you want a backup of these while its working and remembering least rainbow settings, or whichever setting you want it to remember.
When you have problems instead of doing clean install you go back into that folder and first go into services.msc and stop lightningservice then go in that folder and replace the files with the backup after that startup lightningservice again and it should load profile of your backup, incase of rainbow you have to change color scheme of the rainbow to another setting first, followed your preference inside armoury afterwards after that it will always load your preference, you can check if it loads up prefered rgb profile by restarting lightningservice while armoury crate is closed.

For some reason starry night effect started working again and i put backup back but if i choose specific effects it stop remembering other effects in my case rainbow preference color scheme and led strip size

i know i have tried everything in windows setting what was causing the issue in the end only thing that was working by disabling defender so i am no 100 expert on stuff there is a why i thought instead of disabling

you make defender not block armoury crate files because there are a lot off programs that defender is blocking

what i have found out is that armoury crate works a lot faster gif changing and light changing than in the past

as i am saying again if your going to disable defender you need to know what youre doing google it how to disable defender forever you can always try it before you think to reinstall windows 10 for example

MasterC@ROG
09-08-2020, 10:58 AM
We were able to replicate the bug and it will be fixed in future updates - you should be able to leave Armoury Crate open and disconnect/reconnect without issues. Please keep in mind this mouse does not have onboard memory, so it's a good idea to export the settings. I assume that you disconnect often because you carry the mouse with you?

How to reproduce :

- Open Armoury Crate
- Remap a button
- Unplug Strix impact

Workaround :

- Re-open Armoury crate

xufos69
09-08-2020, 02:04 PM
1. PC / Laptop : PC
2. Aura Sync products : Asus Maximus XI Formula
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software : Corsair ICUE, NZXT CAM, RGB Fusion, Razer Synapse
4. Wired / wireless connection : Wired
5. Reinstalled Windows : Yes
6. Windows version & build : Windows 10 Pro 2004, build 19041.450
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected : Forget
8. Clear description of your issue :
- In the Device section of the Armoury Crate app my Asus Maximus XI Formula Mobo appears but I can't control the Live dashboard display, temp or anything else. It's just a black page. This problem appears when I update ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA Device Kit/AURA Kit/HAL/HTML/Device SDK at the date 2020/09/03.
9. Any screenshots of the issue: Attached

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.04
ENE_EHD_SSS_HAL 1.0.2.0

Padraigo
09-09-2020, 10:24 AM
I just updated my keyboard firmware in the Myasus app. Now, Aura sync in Armory Crate wont work.

It just tells me I have a prerequisite to update, but in the update centre, there is nothing to update..

B1TN3RD
09-09-2020, 07:05 PM
Anyone else having issue with the latest version of Crate that i'm albe to start it but if i want to change device it craches, no matter how i do!

Hope it's will been fixed in the further updates.

Kind regards
e33et

The same issue happens to me, too! The problem is not only it crashes when I click of one on the showing devices (Ryujin and Maximus XI Extreme), but also that only my RAM is showing up in the detected. Devices.... Before my motherboard, tha ryujin AIO, the ram and also the additional fans (Aura supported) were showing up...
I uninstalled the software a few times, did a clean uninstallation with revo installer and a clean installation. Nothing changes! This software drives me crazy...

My system:
Intel Core i9-9900K
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME
GsSkill Trident Z - 1066.1 MHz (DDR4-2133 / PC4-17000) (4x8GB)
Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB (system)
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (data storage

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.37
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.39
AacAudioHal 1.2.4
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.6
CosairDram 1.0.12
KingstonDram 1.0.26
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL 1.00.00
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.02
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
Patriot Viper RGB 1.00.06

Aeternitas
09-11-2020, 06:56 PM

What about the people having issues with Armoury Crate and just Asus HW (mainboard and graphics card) like me? See post #91 on page 10

USERMAC
09-12-2020, 12:08 PM
Maximus XII Formula OLED Problem

Unable to edit the OLED screen on motherboard Armory Crate. I can not use the hardware monitor, image & animation or Custom Banner.
I posted on this forum on the 3rd September got no response would like to know if this is just me with this issue. It used to work but since Asus done these updates to the Armory it is now broken.
A response from Asus would be nice , is this going to be fixed ?

TheEternaL
09-12-2020, 10:52 PM
Asus are you going to do something with your Armory Crate? When will it work normally? How long does it take you for this software? I have so many ASUS products but I am already thinking of switching to other manufacturers as I am honestly tired of it. Either you are already doing something or people will leave you for other manufacturers already due to your own mistake.

I cannot sync all Asus products in Armory Crate because when I sync all Asus products, all the effects start lagging.

Give us the Armory Crate update as long as we can wait.

Sorry for my English.

xufos69
09-13-2020, 05:00 AM
Maximus XII Formula OLED Problem

Unable to edit the OLED screen on motherboard Armory Crate. I can not use the hardware monitor, image & animation or Custom Banner.
I posted on this forum on the 3rd September got no response would like to know if this is just me with this issue. It used to work but since Asus done these updates to the Armory it is now broken.
A response from Asus would be nice , is this going to be fixed ?

yeah me too,, I just update to the newest armoury crate software but my asus maximus XI formula mobo cannot change the oled screen

please asus fix this problem because your hardware is expensive but your software is very suck

AJLWalton
09-13-2020, 05:16 AM
MXAndresMX's solution from G.SKILL (ENE v21 => 1.0.21.0) was never released officially due to the delay (stuttering/skipping) that some people might experience, the version currently being verified by us is a few versions newer (v26). When the new update is released (v26 or later), it will have been tested on these 4 platforms - Intel Z390/490, X299, AMD X570, and TRX40.

to introduce myself, My name is AJ from ZervTech. We do all IT Consultations for Hardware, Software, Networking, and more which includes custom computer builds. I've been an IT Consultant for over 15 years just to give a brief background of my knowledge base. I don't mean to be impatient, but I have since the beginning of august have had multiple clients who have invested 900 dollars + on the Zenith II Extreme Alpha MB which i recommended. now they have been also dealing with not only the RAM SLOT ISSUE RGB WISE. but Also the MB Built in LCD where it works on some boot ups and when it doesn't work one must take and shut down the PC and shut off the PSU for about a minute so when its turned back on it will boot up and work. i want to point out that before the v3 update, none of this was an issue.

I understand you're going through the testing process to release a version that will be in layman's terms "rock solid" but until then, a beta release installation until then would really help in having a progressive solution and show progress for advanced technicians like ourselves so we can provide a temp fix at the very least to your flagship TRX40 MB before we as a company would have to refund our clientele and change out their MB at the cost of our company and have our reputation affected in the process.

geneo
09-13-2020, 03:59 PM
^This. My Hero XII says not supported. it doesn't see my Asus 2070 Super or my Asus RGB light strip. Only thing it recognizes is my g.skill RAM. Is that not ridiculous?

N00b1nat0r
09-15-2020, 03:26 PM
I have wasted hours (about 7 so far) trying to sort my Aura Sync and Armoury Crate software out since its last updated.

Its now broken my Aura completly screwing up my RED led lighting to a rainbow of colours!

1. PC
2. ASUS 1070 OC x2 & ASUS ROG Strix LC 120 AIO
3. ICUE
4. Wired
5. Not a chance!
6. Windows 10 Pro 1909
7. Version from MAY 2020 worked
Armoury Crate doesnt pick up 1070's (Belive this was as before and used Aura to set RGB)
Armoury Crate doesnt work with the AIO cooler, selecting the device the software just bombs out.
Update to ROG Strix LC HAL doesnt work post the current installed version of 1.1.11
When going to Aura Sync page, it states "Prerequisite update"
10. Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.5.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.22
Armoury Crate lite service 3.1.5
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.16
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.58
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.50
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.32
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.53
AacAudioHal 1.02.12
AacDispaly 1.1.25
AacVGA 0.0.2.3
CosairDram 1.0.13
KingstonDram 1.0.20
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.37
ENE_EHD_ASM_HAL 1.00.05
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.6.0
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.00.04

Gofran
09-15-2020, 11:28 PM
for some of you where armoury does not show devices install Visual Studio 2015, 2017 en 2019
Download Microsoft Visual C++ and install both then try again i have found sombody with this issue where no device where detected and he had not this installed
x86: vc_redist.x86.exe

x64: vc_redist.x64.exe

N00b1nat0r
09-16-2020, 08:03 AM
Gofran, thanks for above advice. That helped, but only a little.

My situation has changed but only slightly after the install of the C++ redists

As from the screen shots attached, selecting the LC 120 doesnt cause a crash of the software, but instead just sits on a blank page.
The Aura Sync pages also changed to just show the attached screen shots.

Upon rechecking the Aura Sync pages its gone back to "Prerequi****e" situation.

Gofran
09-16-2020, 11:04 AM
Gofran, thanks for above advice. That helped, but only a little.

My situation has changed but only slightly after the install of the C++ redists

As from the screen shots attached, selecting the LC 120 doesnt cause a crash of the software, but instead just sits on a blank page.
The Aura Sync pages also changed to just show the attached screen shots.

Upon rechecking the Aura Sync pages its gone back to "Prerequi****e" situation.

Down left corner update needed i see red dot usualy means update and disable fastboot in windows setting and bios

miky86bindo
09-16-2020, 11:42 AM
With the new update and armoury crate v3.1.5.0 I can see all my rog devices but I can't set any of them and ich single page of them appear empty, no oled image customization for my motherboard (asus maximus formula X), for my cooler (rog ryujin), no fans control, no keyboard and mouse custom settings are available! Nothing!!! just a black page...:mad:

N00b1nat0r
09-16-2020, 03:47 PM
Down left corner update needed i see red dot usualy means update and disable fastboot in windows setting and bios

I am aware there is an update pending, this update infact does not at all install even with fast boot on or off. No matter how many times i have tried and install this it just doesnt want to go on...

FlufflePuff1337
09-16-2020, 04:20 PM
Just updated first pass randomly stopped updating then 2e time it updated, here is hoping easy anti cheat does not go haywire since everything looks like its working, i may be speaking to soon, biggest feature i miss is that i can make my lights go static when playing games or benchmarking, and go full rainbow puke when not playing games or benchmarking, while switching to music visualizer if i play music .

Oke i just took a look at profiles see its updated need further testing but having ability to set volume per profile not everyone wants a change in volume when switching profiles, heck i have headset that is set to 50% volume which is perfect for my headset, but way to loud for my speakers option to not change volume would make it more useable for me.

Profile switching is still broken per app setting only starts working after you already open up armoury crate, which defeats the whole purpose, spoke to soon when you open the app it works, unless you turn off in game lightning after doing a restart it works like you would expect but its a little bit delayed, could argue that with in game lightning turned on profile switching should be disabled, while turned off it should be enabled, meaning its switching profiles when it should't with it turned on either way i got it working im glad this part is now finally working.

Music preset just stays dark with out of box settings with onboard audio if i switch to my headset it works fine, got the music working on onboard audio to one option if disabled fixes it turning off signal enhancement fixes it, meanwhile also found you can uncheck changing volume per profile so i guess i only found one bug that does not even effect me.

Armoury crate would be perfect if it also could control corsair keyboard rgb since armoury crate now has better profile switching then iCUE

Gofran
09-16-2020, 06:45 PM
I am aware there is an update pending, this update infact does not at all install even with fast boot on or off. No matter how many times i have tried and install this it just doesnt want to go on...

what is it trying to update ?

thebertster
09-16-2020, 07:40 PM
Hi,

Since Armoury Crate updated to 3.1.5.0 a couple of days ago, now when my PC goes to sleep, my RGB memory (Corsair RGB) gets "stuck" with whatever lighting state was in effect at the point the system went into sleep state. For example if the "Breathe" effect was applied, whatever LED brightness the breathe effect was at sticks until the PC wakes up (then the effect resumes as normal).

Currently the memory is the only additional ARGB component I have. My fans connect to the RGB headers and they still turn off their lights on sleep, and the motherboard lighting correctly uses whatever shutdown lighting effect is configured.

Prior to the update, the memory lighting would always turn off when the PC enters sleep.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no change.

Is this reproducible?

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.1.5.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.6.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.24
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.37
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.39
AacAudioHal 1.2.4
AacDispaly 1.1.23
AacVGA 0.0.3.0
CosairDram 1.0.12
KingstonDram 1.0.27
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.53
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.26.1
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.00.01
ENE_QSI_Azeroth_HAL 1.0.9.0
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02

N00b1nat0r
09-16-2020, 08:11 PM
what is it trying to update ?

Update to ROG Strix LC HAL doesnt work post the current installed version of 1.1.11

cekeu
09-16-2020, 09:52 PM
Please fix the conflict between Easyanticheat and Rog LiveService.exe because when I close Rog Live service in Task Manager to be able to play a game using Easyanticheat, Armorycrate no longer works after restarting the computer and I have to reinstall it. That's not cool. Thank you for your understanding. It didn't with the previous version of armorycrate but it had other bugs.
Also the hardware monitoring for the Oled screen does not work with this latest version of Armorycrate and Windows 10 2004 to the latest updates.

MikeSuma
09-16-2020, 11:35 PM
Broken again... When I had 3.0.4.0 things were working fine until today and I started getting a Service Error message and couldn't see my chakram on the device list anymore. Figured I'd update to 3.1.5.0... Big mistake. Now nothing shows up in armory crate. True to Asus software fashion everything is broken again. Edit: I ended up downloading aurasync and armory 2 while armory crate continues to be a turd on my computer

skititlez
09-17-2020, 01:15 AM
Yeah so it looks like Easy Anti Cheat is picking up the ROGLiveservice. when you contact them this is what they say

Sorry to hear you have run into this issue. While the software which the indicated process belongs to is not designed for cheating it does use vulnerable components that can be exploited for that purpose. To clarify, this software is not explicitly blacklisted by Easy Anti-Cheat, instead, the error triggers when the anti-cheat protection detects a vulnerability during game launch.

A possible workaround is to manually close the process indicated in the error message for the duration of your gameplay. In rare cases the process will start anew right after closure. Should this happen closing the program that uses it will allow the game to start normally.

Unfortunately we are unable to simply whitelist this service as this would directly compromise game security, because the vulnerability would still exist. Should it be fixed by the software's developers the error will no longer trigger and the game will launch without issues.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, let us know.
In the meantime have a wonderful day!

I mean and its not just on the rampage extreme encore. it is also happening on the Zephyrus laptop as well as the rampage extreme omega. Any information i can provide to help isolate this issue and get it resolve quickly i will be more then happy to contribute. but this definitely needs to be resolved with EAC.

AJLWalton
09-17-2020, 04:52 AM
to introduce myself, My name is AJ from ZervTech. We do all IT Consultations for Hardware, Software, Networking, and more which includes custom computer builds. I've been an IT Consultant for over 15 years just to give a brief background of my knowledge base. I don't mean to be impatient, but I have since the beginning of august have had multiple clients who have invested 900 dollars + on the Zenith II Extreme Alpha MB which i recommended. now they have been also dealing with not only the RAM SLOT ISSUE RGB WISE. but Also the MB Built in LCD where it works on some boot ups and when it doesn't work one must take and shut down the PC and shut off the PSU for about a minute so when its turned back on it will boot up and work. i want to point out that before the v3 update, none of this was an issue.

I understand you're going through the testing process to release a version that will be in layman's terms "rock solid" but until then, a beta release installation until then would really help in having a progressive solution and show progress for advanced technicians like ourselves so we can provide a temp fix at the very least to your flagship TRX40 MB before we as a company would have to refund our clientele and change out their MB at the cost of our company and have our reputation affected in the process.

I recently installed the latest armoury crate and it did in fact solve the RAM RGB ISSUE. Thank You for this fix. the only thing that still not functioning properly is the oled screen on motherboard. specifically when i try to reset the screen altogether, it just hangs with spinning circle. i can choose to chage to ROG IMAGE but when i try to reselect "Hardware Monitor" Selection. it just HANGS/FREEZES and does not complete the change to HARDWARE MONITOR

Any assistance in that matter would be most appreciated

LordSabathan
09-17-2020, 04:58 AM
Still cant access to ROG Throne through Armory crate- it says There is an error with device page.The aplication going to device page now.
My Armory crate is up to date -3.1.5.0

FlufflePuff1337
09-17-2020, 08:13 AM
I spoke to soon profile switching is still broken only took a couple of reboots for it to break in game lightning option is glitchy i turn it on and reboot and it works again, while before it would only work if turned off

N00b1nat0r
09-17-2020, 12:45 PM
For fun I also installed Aura Creator, and the same update issue is occuring on that software...

MrAgapiGC
09-17-2020, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=AJLWalton;815388]I recently installed the latest armoury crate and it did in fact solve the RAM RGB ISSUE. Thank You for this fix. the only thing that still not functioning properly is the oled screen on motherboard. specifically when i try to reset the screen altogether, it just hangs with spinning circle. i can choose to chage to ROG IMAGE but when i try to reselect "Hardware Monitor" Selection. it just HANGS/FREEZES and does not complete the change to HARDWARE MONITOR

Any assistance in that matter would be most appreciated[/QUOTED

Dev are still working on the cause of these. aside that, we find some fix that works fine and again fail again last night. As far we know and is almost 98%, is windows tampering services to bios.

They are working on these and as soon these is resolve a update will be push. I get a file at 5am today to test and take notes for 24h /48h/36h. 3.

you can find me in asus discord

xufos69
09-17-2020, 02:39 PM
tonight I just update ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA Device Kit/AURA Kit/ HAL/ HTML/ Device SDK to the newest version but still cannot change Livedash screen on my mobo Asus XI Formula, it just blank screen on Device section on armoury Crate software :(

N00b1nat0r
09-17-2020, 03:12 PM
I would say soom good news! I managed to kick the update (manually) into life! For some reason the update got stuck "waitin for updates" after a reinstall, the update exe was sat in the "C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ROGLiveServiceTemp" so a copy, killing the ROG update service and a manual uninstall then install sorted that out.

However still no joy for Aura Sync for my Strix LC 120 or 1070's

N00b1nat0r
09-17-2020, 03:54 PM
Persistence pays off!

Complete uninstall of all Aura Sync, Aroury Crate and Aura Creator, Asus services reboot and run the Armoury Crate installer and we have both 1070's and the LC 120 showing in Aura Sync.

ASUS you really need to sort the software out to get it to cleanly uninstall everything, it was only by shear luck I could grab the installer for the AIO as this would clear very quickly from the Temp folder.

Mutaz
09-17-2020, 05:03 PM
ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper.exe

consume around %15 to %20 of CPU making the fan going crazy fast and noisy. (no any other apps are open)

vashish27
09-17-2020, 06:04 PM
Same for me since today's update of "Armoury Crate" and "Armoury Crate Service" . High CPU usage by Armoury Crate User Session Helper.
Would really appreciate if someone could guide how to normalize.

B1TN3RD
09-17-2020, 06:15 PM
tonight I just update ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA Device Kit/AURA Kit/ HAL/ HTML/ Device SDK to the newest version but still cannot change Livedash screen on my mobo Asus XI Formula, it just blank screen on Device section on armoury Crate software :(

I also updated Armoury Crate to the latest version today, but still can't do changes on the oled dash neither are my Aura devices (Mobo, Ryujin, Additional Header) detected as such, except for the RAM (G. Skill Trident-Z). This software is driving me crazy! C'mon Asus, get you sh*t together :mad:

JonTeoh
09-17-2020, 06:57 PM
After the update of Armoury Crate to version 3.1.5.0.

Armoury Crate User Session Helper.exe consumes the cpu like around 15%, this causing the cpu fans to be loud and cpu to be higher temps on idle than normal.

I hope this can be fixed soon.

MrAgapiGC
09-17-2020, 08:31 PM
i am checking post. i can not see that. Not session helper or etc etc etc... osrry even on high load, and force it. never see more than 4.0%

FlufflePuff1337
09-17-2020, 10:20 PM
Profile switching per app randomly breaks even after i open armoury crate and toggle in game lightning on or off both do nothing. while before it would only work with it turned off then it only worked when its turned on, now it does not work regardless of setting, it looks like its permanently broken since today only worked for 24 hours.

It fixed after reinstalling it switches profile again per app.

MasterC@ROG
09-18-2020, 01:41 AM
Thank you for your patience AJLWalton. I do have some good news for anyone with the memory lighting issue, we released an update which went live yesterday - ENE RGB HAL 1.1.26.1. Please update and do a power cycle (unplug at the wall for about a minute and start again).

Hi AJLWalton,
Could you take a picture to show what happens when the display is not working properly? We haven't been able to replicate that issue. Thanks

geneo
09-18-2020, 02:20 AM
Well I finally got my Motherboard not supported issue straightened out after a day of some intensive work (I did not want to do a fresh install of Windows). It turns out that a previous install of Aura left a lot of crap after uninstalling, including the motherboard HAL. Two problems here - uninstalls not removing components and install of Armour y crate using them instead of overwriting them. So Armory crate used the old MB HAL which of course did not support my Hero XII.

I would not have pulled this off if I didn't have good system backups because of the crappy Aura and Armoury Crate uninstalls. I restored back to pre-Armoury install and removed registry entries and package installations of the HAL that had been left on the system and any remnants of past Aura install/ If I missed one item I had to restore windows and restart.

First pass I did on this I had to leave the previous Aura DRAM HAL, since the Crate HAL did not detect my g.skill DRAM. When I saw Asus had a fix for this, I redid this exercise this time including removing the old DRAM HAL. The new Crate DRAM HAL now detects my g.skill.

As I mentioned there are to issues Asus needs to address:

1. Proper uninstall that leaves nothing behind.
2. Clean fresh install that will, for instance, first remove or overwrite any existing HAL.

Really I shouldn't have to go through all of this.

miky86bindo
09-18-2020, 07:12 AM
After the last firmware update, when I try to set my oled dashboard, led color etc. on my Mobo (asus maximus formula X) appears this error message on a white page:
Cannot GET /E7C8DA76-C9B9-4297-8681-DD878330AFE7/.
My Rog Ryujin doesn't show an error code but just a black page and is impossible to set and customize the oled screen and the rgb led
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.6.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.27
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.29
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.24
AacAudioHal 1.2.2
AacDispaly 1.1.22
AacVGA 0.0.3.0
CosairDram 1.0.11
KingstonDram 1.0.27
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.26.1
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0
GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.1

N00b1nat0r
09-18-2020, 07:51 AM
The only issue I now have is inability to open the Device/ROG STRIX LC page, it does open, get the spinning disk, then it eventually comes up with an XML format error. Please restart your system (Status:500 GetCapability).

I have applied the latest updates to Armoury Crate.

vashish27
09-18-2020, 01:24 PM
Same for me since today's update of "Armoury Crate" and "Armoury Crate Service" . High CPU usage by Armoury Crate User Session Helper.

Regarding this, does someone know how to revert 'armoury crate' and 'Armoury Crate Service' to previous version and to stop from auto-updating themselves?

USERMAC
09-18-2020, 02:58 PM
i am checking post. i can not see that. Not session helper or etc etc etc... osrry even on high load, and force it. never see more than 4.0%

The lighting service is capable of running at a low power usuage rather than moderate to high but the only way to get it to low is to put windows in power saver mode. The RGB all runs the same no slowdowns or anything so I cant see any reason for Asus not to look into this as it is using unnecessary resources and power.

I put a ticket in months ago about this with Asus Support but they just did not understand the problem so I gave up …

I only noticed it when I was running a game and was getting less performance than usual and then I ran Cinebench and noticed my score had dropped by couple hundred points maybe more.

You can see for yourself the score difference just by stopping the LightService.

I am not sure if there is any other way to change the power usuage priority other than setting power saver in windows.

Crowley_07
09-18-2020, 03:38 PM
After todays update, the scenario profile selection changed.

I can not find how to bind specific Aura effect to specific profile anymore. It's just gone! It still remembers my old setup, But I can never change it again or create new profiles with Aura creator and bind them to profiles?

When I click custom settings there is a check box for Aura Sync, but no custom advanced aura effect selection.

Why are you taking options away?!

LordSabathan
09-18-2020, 03:52 PM
After yesterday bunch of updates , i cant access any of my devices through armory crate.I just get blank black screen , when i click on them.I restarted etc.Nothing changed.
My armory is up to date and my windows is up to date 1909.

FlufflePuff1337
09-18-2020, 04:22 PM
Update broke profile switching again can you plz not push updates and break stuff thank you.
It bassicly updated device kit and argb related stuff now profiles wont switch per app settings.

After reinstalling armoury crate again profile switching works again per app setting so something keeps breaking cos it updates, after i had reinstalled and check for updates it finds no updates anymore.

Item Version
---- -------
ROG Live Service 1.1.6.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
AacVGA 0.0.3.0
KingstonDram 1.0.27
CorsairAsusPlugin 2.0.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.26.1
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.1

Even after rebooting it wont find new updates anymore, yesterday exactly around this time i had 2 updates to before things broke, i don't wanna keep reinstalling armoury crate to bring back functionality that was working fine before.

After yesterday bunch of updates , i cant access any of my devices through armory crate.I just get blank black screen , when i click on them.I restarted etc.Nothing changed.
My armory is up to date and my windows is up to date 1909.

Give reinstalling armoury crate a try without uninstalling anything it may just revert the update but may update again after 24 hours to break again.

Crowley_07
09-18-2020, 04:48 PM
I tried reinstalling, and now everything is broken to the point that I can't get anything to work anymore.

I'm getting so tired of fighting with this software. Before that latest update I had it working somewhat acceptably, now I can't get it to work at all. I'm very close to just giving up, throwing the kb to the trash and never looking at an ASUS product again.

N00b1nat0r
09-18-2020, 04:51 PM
Could you add screenshots as this sounds similar to my situation this week?

FlufflePuff1337
09-18-2020, 04:58 PM
I tried reinstalling, and now everything is broken to the point that I can't get anything to work anymore.

I'm getting so tired of fighting with this software. Before that latest update I had it working somewhat acceptably, now I can't get it to work at all. I'm very close to just giving up, throwing the kb to the trash and never looking at an ASUS product again.

For me profile switching never worked then rgb broke, then 3.1.5.0 hit with bunch of updates after figuring everything out i found out that everything worked perfectly altho a bit confusing then 2 updates hit broke profile switching i launch app it go's to static for example i exit the app it go's back to rainbow puke, then update breaks that where it wont respond even after double checking settings inside armoury crate, reinstalling then fixes it again, only for it to find 2 updates 24 hours later, eventually im gonna have to update cos else easy anti cheat will block me from playing game cos files do not match, and before 3.1.5.0 everything was broken non functional no point trying to change rgb profile it will break permanently.

When everything works its perfect, but update breaking everything every single time really starting to get annoying, there is clearly no testing going on before pushing an update, or the update process is clearly broken.

Crowley_07
09-18-2020, 05:01 PM
This after everything went to hell, devices and aura menu:

happyluckbox
09-18-2020, 05:18 PM
I updated and power cycled at least twice, 2/8 sticks of RGB on the left side still do not work. Asus zenith 2 extreme alpha and 8 tridentz sticks...

FlufflePuff1337
09-18-2020, 07:57 PM
I updated and power cycled at least twice, 2/8 sticks of RGB on the left side still do not work. Asus zenith 2 extreme alpha and 8 tridentz sticks...

If you did't when you unplugged power turn it on so left over power also leaves the system, that is how if fixed rgb glitches in the past.

N00b1nat0r
09-18-2020, 08:20 PM
This after everything went to hell, devices and aura menu:

Looks similar to my issue, took a number of uninstalls, clearing folders, shear luck etc... You need to see if everything uninstalls fully when you uninstall Armoury Crate or keep checking for updates.

FlufflePuff1337
09-18-2020, 10:43 PM
Noticed a game to automaticly scan games is checked by default causing high cpu usage even when armoury crate is not open maybe should't do that in the background, maybe should notify user asking if you want that to happen or not giving option to enable and disable first time you check game area in armoury crate.

AJLWalton
09-19-2020, 09:24 AM
This is AJ From ZervTech Again. id like to happily confirm that the RGB DIMM SLOT RGB "3 of 4 SLOTS WORKING ISSUE" has been fixed. Now as far as the Stuttering is concerned, upon further diagnostics. I have found that with Armoury Crate, the DIMM slots RGB STUTTERS when on rainbow mode while "NZXT CAM" is running in the background. [i'd like to point out that if i use the "G-SKILL APP" along with NZXT CAM software, there is no stuttering, it is only when using ARMOURY CRATE to control DIMM Slots.

SECOND PROBLEM FOUND WAS THAT I NOTICED THAT UPON BOOT AT TIMES, A PARTIAL SECTION OF LEDS ON THE FANS CONNECTED TO MB HEADER "3PIN" WOULD ONLY TURN ON, THE WORKAROUND I FOUND WAS TO GO INTO MOTHERBOARD IN ARMOURY CRATE / ADDRESABLE HEADER TAB/ THEN CHANGE NUMBER OF LED FROM 120 TO 119 ON BOTH SECTION HEADERS, THAT SEEMS TO SOMEWHAT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

I Hope this helps on finding the source of those problems and creating a fix towards that problem.

Thanks

smod42
09-19-2020, 09:45 AM

Hi,

As written in another thread, I found a workaround: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?120717-Armoury-Crate-User-Session-Helper-exe-cpu-usage#post815568

To do after each cold boot...

Please ASUS fix this, if you need more details / logs / whatever just ask.

FlufflePuff1337
09-19-2020, 09:57 AM
And all my devices are suddenly gone with all leds going fully white, went into services.msc restarted armoury crate and lightningservice fixed it, restarting armoury crate also seems to fix profile switching but seems to break randomly at times where it does not switch profiles anymore.

Crowley_07
09-19-2020, 11:41 AM
Looks similar to my issue, took a number of uninstalls, clearing folders, shear luck etc... You need to see if everything uninstalls fully when you uninstall Armoury Crate or keep checking for updates.

I tried this, it makes the error act differently but does not help. It seems that it wont install the driver/whatever for my keyboard anymore, "ROG Calymore HAL". It shows it has an update, it seems to download and install it, but then stops and goes back to showing an old version.

And no device is recognized in Crate as a result.

Crowley_07
09-19-2020, 12:49 PM
After countless uninstalls and reinstalls, deleting files, even trying deleting registry keys, nothing works.

This component in the picture never installs it's update completely, and my keyboard will not be recognized.

Best automatic update yet ASUS, 5/5

FlufflePuff1337
09-19-2020, 04:46 PM
This is AJ From ZervTech Again. id like to happily confirm that the RGB DIMM SLOT RGB "3 of 4 SLOTS WORKING ISSUE" has been fixed. Now as far as the Stuttering is concerned, upon further diagnostics. I have found that with Armoury Crate, the DIMM slots RGB STUTTERS when on rainbow mode while "NZXT CAM" is running in the background. [i'd like to point out that if i use the "G-SKILL APP" along with NZXT CAM software, there is no stuttering, it is only when using ARMOURY CRATE to control DIMM Slots.

SECOND PROBLEM FOUND WAS THAT I NOTICED THAT UPON BOOT AT TIMES, A PARTIAL SECTION OF LEDS ON THE FANS CONNECTED TO MB HEADER "3PIN" WOULD ONLY TURN ON, THE WORKAROUND I FOUND WAS TO GO INTO MOTHERBOARD IN ARMOURY CRATE / ADDRESABLE HEADER TAB/ THEN CHANGE NUMBER OF LED FROM 120 TO 119 ON BOTH SECTION HEADERS, THAT SEEMS TO SOMEWHAT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

I Hope this helps on finding the source of those problems and creating a fix towards that problem.

Thanks

If you mean that only 1 led per strip turns on like fan if had the same bug for month's now it happens randomly it does not do it always however, a led strip can have only 4 leds meaning if you set it to 3 you see a dark spot or if you set it to 1 it only turns on 1 led per strip, i found that restarting lightningservice via services.msc is the best way to unglitch it as lowering it by 1 led just breaks my setup, the effect that number has is the scaleability on the rgb effects like try turn it on 2 then 4 until almost all leds are on then only increase it by 1 until all leds are on, you get a much better rgb effect like it supose to be shown, and if it glitches only having 1 led on you restart the lightningservice inside services.msc it can happen maybe 1 out of 10 times maybe more maybe less, its kind of annoying tho if it happens, its defiantly software issue i can garauntee you if you had ability to set leds via hardware like a remote like me you would never have issues, unfortunately in my case it looks more crappy and stuttery since its not controlled by software anymore then.
I would give configuration a try.

geneo
09-19-2020, 04:52 PM
After the update of Armoury Crate to version 3.1.5.0.

Armoury Crate User Session Helper.exe consumes the cpu like around 15%, this causing the cpu fans to be loud and cpu to be higher temps on idle than normal.

I hope this can be fixed soon.

Just started seeing this issue too.

vashish27
09-19-2020, 05:06 PM
Just started seeing this issue too.

Found an easier fix, just disable background functionality of Armoury Crate in Windows Settings >> Background apps.
There in no affect on the Armoury Crate functionality. Keyboard Lighting and fan modes are working normally as before.
Good thing, no need to do it every restart. :)

geneo
09-19-2020, 05:53 PM
Found an easier fix, just disable background functionality of Armoury Crate in Windows Settings >> Background apps.
There in no affect on the Armoury Crate functionality. Keyboard Lighting and fan modes are working normally as before.

Thanks, will give that a try. Haven't cleaned up background apps for a while it seems, had a number I don't need running.

dcbryantmjkda
09-20-2020, 12:00 AM
If you have this machine and that version of the app, curious question for you.

Considering the amount of odd issues already listed. Has anyone updated either of these, and if so what if any issues have you had?

Asus Framework Service version 2.0.0.11
Asus Core SDK version 1.01.56

Normally I'd just jump into it, but considering all the problems folks have had, not to mention I had a bear of a time getting the crate installed for the update, I'm hesitant.

FlufflePuff1337
09-20-2020, 12:01 AM
Found out that sonic studio 3 if sound enchantsments are allowed the music rgb profile does not respond to music until you toggle sound enchantment off and back on sonic studio 3 is audio driver software from Asus it may not be armoury crate issue but considering its from Asus i figure i mention it.

Does it effect profile switching tho ?

vashish27
09-20-2020, 05:02 AM
Found out that sonic studio 3 if sound enchantsments are allowed the music rgb profile does not respond to music until you toggle sound enchantment off and back on sonic studio 3 is audio driver software from Asus it may not be armoury crate issue but considering its from Asus i figure i mention it.

Does it effect profile switching tho ?

It's working ok for me but I must tell you I'm on a laptop - GL504GW.
Following this thread I've seen Armory Crate gives different kind of **** to different systems.
Sorry, I've not checked music lighting profile with Sonic studio ON.

flyinion
09-20-2020, 08:00 AM
New update seems to be working overall, except I still can't access the devices page for my Crosshair VIII Hero. It says "prerequisite update. you must update your device to continue". There's no more updates to install when "check for updates". So uh, yeah still can't control ARGB header count etc. Good job Asus, you guys seem to be taking patch tips from Microsoft's Windows and Flight Sim 2020 teams.

FlufflePuff1337
09-20-2020, 09:38 AM
It's working ok for me but I must tell you I'm on a laptop - GL504GW.
Following this thread I've seen Armory Crate gives different kind of **** to different systems.
Sorry, I've not checked music lighting profile with Sonic studio ON.

Its because you have different configuration believe me its broken with my mainboard i dunno if you have sonic studio 3 but believe me having that enabled + sound enchantsments on breaks it for me, which should't even be an issue i eventually wanna setup music player to switch to music rgb preset right now that is pointless since i prefer using sonic studio 3 since shadowplay audio recording got fixed.

B1TN3RD
09-20-2020, 10:10 AM
Even with Armoury Crate Version 3.1.5.0 it still does not detect my Maximuis XI Extreme, Ryujin 360 and additional Aura Coolers. When I try to edit the onboard OLED screens, it shows following error messages:
https://www2.pic-upload.de/thumb/36788169/MaximusXIExtreme.png (https://www.pic-upload.de/view-36788169/MaximusXIExtreme.png.html)

https://www2.pic-upload.de/thumb/36788168/Ryujin.png (https://www.pic-upload.de/view-36788168/Ryujin.png.html)

xufos69
09-20-2020, 10:32 AM
Cannot detect mobo ASUS MAXIMUS XI FORMULA device oled screen until now...:mad:

FlufflePuff1337
09-20-2020, 12:39 PM
Even with Armoury Crate Version 3.1.5.0 it still does not detect my Maximuis XI Extreme, Ryujin 360 and additional Aura Coolers. When I try to edit the onboard OLED screens, it shows following error messages:
https://www2.pic-upload.de/thumb/36788169/MaximusXIExtreme.png (https://www.pic-upload.de/view-36788169/MaximusXIExtreme.png.html)

https://www2.pic-upload.de/thumb/36788168/Ryujin.png (https://www.pic-upload.de/view-36788168/Ryujin.png.html)

You probably do not have rog live service installed or armoury crate service, not sure how to fix that other then clean install very annoying, it happens if you uninstall armoury crates and all its packages the installer thinks its still installed and will skip installation upon re-installation.

Crowley_07
09-21-2020, 06:43 AM
I have been fighting with this again, uninstalling/reinstalling, and still nothing works. It seems that the new version simply will not work with my Rog Claymore.

The problem seems to be that "Keyboard HAL" thing, it claims to update that but wont. I even tried downloading some older Aura packages that have older version of that, but it will not work either. Crate claims to update that service/driver but it will not work.

If you browse to "C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{f85f47f8-3d16-4c94-84ab-66429113e123}\AacKbSetup.exe" you can see what it installs and it can be uninstalled there as well, but it will not work either way. Not in crate, and not in Aura creator.

Please at least provide us with an option to roll back the app and stop updates, the previous version was certainly not perfect, but it worked ok for me. This version is completely broken. Auto updating like this is totally unacceptable.

N00b1nat0r
09-21-2020, 07:05 AM
How I managed to get mine to work was by stopping the services uninstalling the offending HAL, reboot open crate up and then perform an update(I may have stopped the services again here). It then got stuck applying the update as it wasnt installed. Then I went to the programdata/asus folder saw a asusupdatetemp folder. In there was the Hal update install. Ran that then rebooted and checked crate for update and it cleared allowing control of all my aura devices.

Does anyone know where we can actually get these hals as when they dont install/uninstall correctly this seems to fubar things up but time?

Crowley_07
09-21-2020, 07:25 AM
Stopping the services does nothing for me, crate just wont update anything. I got the offending HAL Aac from the programdata folder and backed it up. But manually installing/uninstalling that does not change anything. The problem seems to be with the services themselves I suspect, they will not work with the HAl they install.

N00b1nat0r
09-21-2020, 07:34 AM
Did you stop the services, uninstall the HAL, then reboot/restart the services and check for updates etc? Do no reinstall the HAL as it needs to be uninstalled for this to work...

Crowley_07
09-21-2020, 07:42 AM
Yeah I did, it's the same as before, claims to install but then just says the update is still available and nothing works.

The manual install/uninstall with the aac file seems to make no difference in my case. I have to assume the problem is with crate or the other services.

N00b1nat0r
09-21-2020, 07:44 AM
try uninstalling crate with the HAL uninstalled then a new reinstall

Crowley_07
09-21-2020, 08:08 AM
Ok, I tried this.

I Uninstalled everything from ASUS, deleted every folder that's left behind (and this is crazy how much it does leave). I deleted every mention of Asus from the registry. Made sure every HAL AAC is uninstalled.

It's as close to a clean Windows install as I can get it. And this should never be required in the first place.

But, it's still the same. Won't work. It seems it breaks differently for different devices.

FlufflePuff1337
09-21-2020, 09:24 AM
Ok, I tried this.

I Uninstalled everything from ASUS, deleted every folder that's left behind (and this is crazy how much it does leave). I deleted every mention of Asus from the registry. Made sure every HAL AAC is uninstalled.

It's as close to a clean Windows install as I can get it. And this should never be required in the first place.

But, it's still the same. Won't work. It seems it breaks differently for different devices.

There some hidden folders to like C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\B9ECED6F.ArmouryCrate_3.1.5.0_x6 4__qmba6cd70vzyy
There really should be a uninstaller for this.
If never managed to try uninstall it manually like first via add and remove and then clean up all folders and registery, it just breaks upon reinstallation even if i only remove it via add and remove which is quite funny and depressing at the same time.

Crowley_07
09-21-2020, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I deleted everything I possibly can, related to ASUS including hidden programdata and appdata folders. I have to assume that is not the problem, but I will not reinstall Windows over this. I'd rather just get another KB from someone who makes working software if this never works again.

But that's the most frustrating part, the Keyboard itself is totally fine, it's the software that is bad beyond belief. But at the same time I have to wonder, does it work well for most people since the state of the software is not more widely known? Yeah this forum and Asus reddit is full of complaints but that's it.

N00b1nat0r
09-21-2020, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I deleted everything I possibly can, related to ASUS including hidden programdata and appdata folders. I have to assume that is not the problem, but I will not reinstall Windows over this. I'd rather just get another KB from someone who makes working software if this never works again.

But that's the most frustrating part, the Keyboard itself is totally fine, it's the software that is bad beyond belief. But at the same time I have to wonder, does it work well for most people since the state of the software is not more widely known? Yeah this forum and Asus reddit is full of complaints but that's it.

I really like Asus ROG stuff, and I was looking at their KB & Mice to replace what I had a while ago. Sadly they didnt have all the features I wanted and ended up going for the Corsair K95 Platnum and M65 Pro mouse. Their ICue software seems to do the job too so its no wonder why Asus are teaming up with them...

FlufflePuff1337
09-21-2020, 01:54 PM

Feel like they could take away 90% of the frustation by simply fixing the uninstaller and installer to have aditional feature called clean install removing all old settings and installing everything regardless of being installed or not aditionally it could be set to delete the things before installing new things in same folder, while also being able to export profiles into a file to later import back in like iCUE as example does.

Crowley_07
09-21-2020, 06:13 PM
Yeah, the uninstaller is really needed an supposedly being worked on for months.

But there also needs to be a way to get older versions back and disable updates. Crate was finally working for me, for about 2 months before the latest auto update broke everything and nothing will fix it.

Crowley_07
09-22-2020, 07:45 AM
Time fighting with Armory Crate's new version, uninstalling, reinstalling etc: 4-5 hours.

Time restoring Windows installation from a few weeks old backup and getting it up to date: 10 minutes.

And now everything works again. I disabled Rog live service and all ASUS update and download services. Crate does not seem to be able to break itself again. If I ever decide to try a newer version, never again without backing up Windows first.

miky86bindo
09-22-2020, 09:26 AM

same here...:mad:

another month with this **** and without a proper uninstaller! My next gpu 3090 will be an EVGA, no asus and rog anymore, next step: sell all my rog stuff, it's enough, you pay a lot more for this non premium service!

FlufflePuff1337
09-22-2020, 01:45 PM
Armoury crate user session helper has high cpu usage at random times thought i had automatic game scanning turned on was turned off, so guess that confirms there is an issue.
profile switching changes volume after switching out of profile even tho volume option is disabled, seems to ignore windows exclusive control settings to meaning its actually bypassing windows permisions to change volume plz remove disable this i know i can un check it and disable it i am simply reporting that this does not work it reverts to old volume every time, i do not want armoury crate to ever change volume not even after switching back from profile to profile never means never, you can test for yourself set volume unchecked set volume to minimum launch app that is triggered to profile without volume setting increase volume then switch out and increase volume again only to find out it reset to minimum again, no app should control volume like this what would happen if i suddenly get hearing damage alt tabbing when previous volume is 100 while if set it to 30 while in game.

vashish27
09-22-2020, 05:43 PM
For all you guys having problem with Armoury Crate not detecting stuff and lighting functions, let me suggest a few steps which solved similar problems for me a few times. I am not saying it will work surely (its a crap software by ASUS no doubt), but you can try once.

1. Uninstall Armoury Crate

2. Uninstall Armoury Crate service > restart

3. Uninstall ROG live service > restart

4. Download and install correct version of ROG live service from ASUS support website according to your system model. > restart > wait for a few minutes, maybe around 15-20 minutes and let the ROG live service update itself in the background. (You may continue using your system for other things, browsing etc.) Check the version number in Add or Remove programs. This will give an idea that ROG live service has updated. > restart

5. Download and install correct version of Armoury Crate service from ASUS support website according to your system model. > restart > again wait for a few minutes for AC service to auto update itself in the background and check the version in Add or Remove programs. > restart

6. Install Armoury Crate UWP > restart. Launch AC, again if your version is older, it will install certain services and will auto-update to the latest version 3.1.5.0

If you are lucky, there might be some improvement.

N00b1nat0r
09-24-2020, 07:54 AM
Guys, the latest version with sub updates for the HAL ROG Strix LC has infact solved my last issue with the XML write error!