PDA

View Full Version : Armoury Crate.User Session Helper.exe cpu usage

souliar7
09-18-2020, 03:09 PM
run in backround and with silent mode cpu usage is almost 30% and 3.7ghz...
help please...

JonTeoh
09-18-2020, 03:51 PM
Same here, I am using a G531GW and the Armoury Crate User Session Helper.exe has increase in cpu usage, mine is about 15% on idle. This causes my cpu fans to be louder than usual.

I think it has to do with the recent Armoury Crate update.

Now just hoping it gets fixed soon.

vashish27
09-18-2020, 04:48 PM
Hey there,

I have seen in another thread, other users having same problem including myself. Already posted about this but posting here again for users who have not checked the other thread and maybe someone can come up with a temporary solution.
Concur with Jon above that this started after yesterday's update of AC service and AC software.

Desani
09-18-2020, 06:00 PM
I have a G732LWS and I am also currently suffering from the same issue. Constant CPU usage from the User Session Helper Service

uurdoan
09-18-2020, 06:38 PM
run in backround and with silent mode cpu usage is almost 30% and 3.7ghz...
help please...

I have same problem with my G531GU.

smod42
09-19-2020, 07:21 AM
Same problem here with a GX502GW.

Armoury Crate.User Session Helper.exe is taking a whole CPU core, probably stuck in a weird loop. I found a workaround:

- Open the Armoury Crate app.
- Close it.
- Kill Armoury Crate.User Session Helper.exe using the Task Manager.

Armoury Crate.User Session Helper.exe will restart and stay idle as expected.

I love my laptop but damned this Armoury Crate stuff is a huge mess...

Leo Lim
09-19-2020, 12:46 PM

Armoury Crate.User Session Helper.exe is taking a whole CPU core, probably stuck in a weird loop. I found a workaround:

- Close it.

I love my laptop but damned this Armoury Crate stuff is a huge mess... Thanks!

vashish27
09-19-2020, 01:29 PM
Found an easier fix, just disable background functionality of Armoury Crate in Windows Settings >> Background apps.
I wanted to check before posting, there in no affect on the Armoury Crate functionality. Keyboard Lighting and fan modes are working normally as before.
Good thing, no need to do it every restart. :)

fivetech
09-19-2020, 01:52 PM
The same problem here with my G731GW laptop.

smod42
09-19-2020, 02:42 PM
Found an easier fix, just disable background functionality of Armoury Crate in Windows Settings >> Background apps.

Just tried this and I don't see any impact either. Even better, thanks!

craig_cabbage
09-19-2020, 07:29 PM
Just tried this and I don't see any impact either. Even better, thanks!

No impact for me, still using 20% CPU.

Ending the process does nothing either.

Really hope ASUS fixes these issues.

- CPU usage/heat
- Can't get 3200 MHz on the RAM upgrade I bought
- Speakers only get to half the volume their capable of

those are just the issues I have. Others have different issues for the same model as I do, so I'm just waiting for them to start affecting me too.

ASUS, you're selling bricks right now, where is the quality control.

KB1RD1
09-19-2020, 08:51 PM
currently I do not have this issue - just checked..... ( also have no reported issues with the battery or charger either)

MyAsus and Amoury Crate and Asus Framework updated themselves yesterday i think it was...

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.1.5.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.6.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.22
Armoury Crate service 3.1.5
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.4.2.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.12
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.33
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.8
AacAudioHal 1.3.7.0
AacDispaly 1.1.25

craig_cabbage
09-19-2020, 10:30 PM
No impact for me, still using 20% CPU.

Ending the process does nothing either.

Really hope ASUS fixes these issues.

- CPU usage/heat
- Can't get 3200 MHz on the RAM upgrade I bought
- Speakers only get to half the volume their capable of

those are just the issues I have. Others have different issues for the same model as I do, so I'm just waiting for them to start affecting me too.

ASUS, you're selling bricks right now, where is the quality control.

Disabling in background kicked in after a restart, I should've done that before posting. :(

vashish27
09-20-2020, 05:05 AM
Disabling in background kicked in after a restart, I should've done that before posting. :(

:) Glad it worked

keestu
09-22-2020, 06:07 AM

- Close it.

I have the same laptop and I do the same steps...The problem if you noticed is it bounces back up :(

craig_cabbage
09-22-2020, 04:22 PM
I have the same laptop and I do the same steps...The problem if you noticed is it bounces back up :(

That happened to me to when I first disabled the background apps. Upon restart, it does not keep going back up to 20% CPU usage, for me.

AtGrigorov
09-22-2020, 07:49 PM

- Close it.

Thanks, it works.

G731GW

souliar7
09-23-2020, 01:25 PM
Armoury crate just upgraded to 3.1.6.0 and the problem still exists...the armoury crate app is sucks!!!

KB1RD1
09-24-2020, 05:00 PM
currently I do not have this issue - just checked..... ( also have no reported issues with the battery or charger either)

I now seem to have this Issue too ..... with CPU Usage in Task Manager running at 11-12% currently.

KB

Dur-P
09-25-2020, 04:45 AM
I am having this issue too on my gx531gx , MSRP $3999.99 CDN
killing the process / rebooting is only a temporary fix. it comes back within an hour.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.1.6.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.6.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.36
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.30
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.36
AacAudioHal 1.2.4
AacDispaly 1.1.23
ENE_ESD_ASM_HAL 1.0.9.5

AtGrigorov
09-25-2020, 05:00 AM
I am having this issue too on my gx531gx , MSRP $3999.99 CDN
killing the process / rebooting is only a temporary fix. it comes back within an hour.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.1.6.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.6.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.36
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.30
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.36
AacAudioHal 1.2.4
AacDispaly 1.1.23
ENE_ESD_ASM_HAL 1.0.9.5
Don't reboot. After each reboot, open Armoury Crate, then close it and afterwards kill the process in Task Manager. Than all is good until next reboot.

KorosuKivy
09-30-2020, 12:52 AM
Don't reboot. After each reboot, open Armoury Crate, then close it and afterwards kill the process in Task Manager. Than all is good until next reboot.

if you want to truly kill the app from launching do the following
Goto:
C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Service
find:
ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper
Rename to:
-ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper
Accept the changes
Goto the task manager
Find:
ARMOURY CRATE user session helper
Delete/end process.

???

No more application

If you want to re enable it just reverse the change and reload the application.

AtGrigorov
09-30-2020, 12:14 PM
Good approach, but does anyone know what this app is responsible for?

KorosuKivy
09-30-2020, 04:57 PM
Good approach, but does anyone know what this app is responsible for?

It seems to be a backend support application that controls all the sub applications like aura/gamevisual/libraray every time you change performance profile (silent/performance/turbo) it uses "some" cpu (like 1.9-3.2%). It also shows in a gui window what performance profile you have changed to. It also loads pages like the news tab updates etc.

So I'm guessing this but I think it just a dump process for background tasks that seriously needs to be optimised.

vashish27
10-03-2020, 10:46 AM
Hey guys,
Out of 3-4 possible solutions, found the best one so far.

Log out of User Center in Armoury Crate and restart the PC. Done.
No need to do anything else at every restart, CPU usage is back to normal. :)

I believe AC was trying to sync sometthing like our settings or user profiles when we are logged in.

AtGrigorov
10-03-2020, 11:45 AM
Hey guys,

I believe AC was trying to sync sometthing like our settings or user profiles when we are logged in.

Yep! It works. Thanks :)

mbushnaq00
10-04-2020, 05:17 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for sharing the fix, the CPU usage was driving my crazy

AlWakRa
10-08-2020, 07:31 PM
I have Zephyrus M15 2020 and it is driving me crazy, I think Asus doesn't care too much about fixing their bugs :(

The fix mentioned worked, but I think Asus was supposed to fix it as soon as it appeared and reported.

AtGrigorov
10-09-2020, 01:12 AM
There was an udpate 2 days ago. Now even logged out, the process must be killed from TaskManager. Asus, you're killing me :D :D

Kyle Hong
10-10-2020, 08:56 AM
I wanted to check before posting, there in no affect on the Armoury Crate functionality. Keyboard Lighting and fan modes are working normally as before.
Thanks, works the way i wanted now with G531GW, even messing with profile in armoury crate will not affect my throttle stop
tweaks now, and cpu will run normally in idle where from 900mhz/1ghz to turbo frequency, as oppose to before where armoury crate will force apply the profile and run at max cpu frequency all the time doesn't matter what i did, now i am having low cpu speed in idle with plug in or on battery, i like it better this way

AtGrigorov
10-10-2020, 11:50 AM
Thanks, works the way i wanted now with G531GW, even messing with profile in armoury crate will not affect my throttle stop
tweaks now, and cpu will run normally in idle where from 900mhz/1ghz to turbo frequency, as oppose to before where armoury crate will force apply the profile and run at max cpu frequency all the time doesn't matter what i did, now i am having low cpu speed in idle with plug in or on battery, i like it better this way
Your CPU running at full speed is recommended. It does not use more power, so it's not heating up, but you have instant access to fast reaction. It's like driving your car down a slope in gear. It uses no fuel but responds instantaneously. Running your CPU on lower clock could actually be even more power demanding.

Kyle Hong
10-11-2020, 09:10 AM
Your CPU running at full speed is recommended. It does not use more power, so it's not heating up, but you have instant access to fast reaction. It's like driving your car down a slope in gear. It uses no fuel but responds instantaneously. Running your CPU on lower clock could actually be even more power demanding.

uh problem is running at max is actually heating my cpu to 60-70c in idle doing nothing, and i live in malaysia hot weather so nah i prefer to clock down in idle

Kyle Hong
10-11-2020, 09:14 AM
running at normal low frequency in idle temp is 40-50c, running at max frequency heat up to 60-70c so yeah, besides most pc or laptop i know of does not run max all the time while doing nothing, until i bought this rog scar 3, now i had no idea if running max all the time is good or bad, i have seen people explaining that running max speed all the time is not harmful or consume more powers but from what i can see in my temps though, i am not happy to see high temp in idle

AtGrigorov
10-11-2020, 09:32 AM
The CPU speed has nothing to do with its powerdraw. The power used corresponds to the heat produced. When a thread is not used, it just goes to C7 state (switched off in general). You're understanding the things wrong, I guess. If under load you've capped the MHz - it makes sense, but if in idle or performing low demanding operations - it does not. Anyway, it's better to keep temps low, using lower PL limits instead of lowering CPU speed.

Kyle Hong
10-11-2020, 11:55 AM
The CPU speed has nothing to do with its powerdraw. The power used corresponds to the heat produced. When a thread is not used, it just goes to C7 state (switched off in general). You're understanding the things wrong, I guess. If under load you've capped the MHz - it makes sense, but if in idle or performing low demanding operations - it does not. Anyway, it's better to keep temps low, using lower PL limits instead of lowering CPU speed.

uh i know about the c6 and higher states where the cpu goes idle, sure it has nothing to do with power draw even if cpu is running at max frequency but the fact is my cpu runs hot when it's at it's max frequency, also i have set PL limit, undervolted, lower turbo ratio to keep temp between 80-90c even when gaming, you need to understand in hot countries it is not easy to maintain and get high frequency, i rather keep it cool and play it safe then degrading the life span

KorosuKivy
10-12-2020, 06:28 PM
uh i know about the c6 and higher states where the cpu goes idle, sure it has nothing to do with power draw even if cpu is running at max frequency but the fact is my cpu runs hot when it's at it's max frequency, also i have set PL limit, undervolted, lower turbo ratio to keep temp between 80-90c even when gaming, you need to understand in hot countries it is not easy to maintain and get high frequency, i rather keep it cool and play it safe then degrading the life span

What is armoury crate reporting your GPU and CPU fans rpm when idle and under max load?

Kyle Hong
10-13-2020, 12:37 PM
What is armoury crate reporting your GPU and CPU fans rpm when idle and under max load?

idle at 2500/2800 rpm, under aida 64 stress stress, it goes to 3500-3600 then to 4000-4500 rpm

HRCMrPink
10-18-2020, 03:38 AM

This worked for me thanks bro :)

HRCMrPink
10-18-2020, 03:45 AM

This is not true, if you set windows to high performance constantly maxing out speed (instead of balanced) the cpu constantly draws more power, I have a 9900k, a 3600, a 8400 and a 4800HS and they all do this, so at least the last 3 generations of CPUs from both manufacturers, when running on windows at full speed, draw more power.

AtGrigorov
10-18-2020, 04:22 AM
This is not true, if you set windows to high performance constantly maxing out speed (instead of balanced) the cpu constantly draws more power, I have a 9900k, a 3600, a 8400 and a 4800HS and they all do this, so at least the last 3 generations of CPUs from both manufacturers, when running on windows at full speed, draw more power.

Now read my statement once again ;) I'm saying it doesn't matter in idle, not in full load. What I also said is - it's way better to temperature control a laptop with power limits than with CPU speed. So, I'm standing behind my words, and each and everyone is true fellas.

KorosuKivy
10-18-2020, 05:00 AM
uh problem is running at max is actually heating my cpu to 60-70c in idle doing nothing, and i live in malaysia hot weather so nah i prefer to clock down in idle

if you're idling at that temperature is your ambient room temp over 25-35c? Rog strix laptops struggle to operate in areas over 35c (95F) what cooling pad/external options are you using?

KB1RD1
10-18-2020, 04:57 PM
At least for me , I discovered this morning while uninstalling XTU before reinstalling the latest Version that the The "Service" was 0% as it should be instead of it 13-14% unless I forced ended and restarted it.

Went straight back to 13.7% after installing the new XTU , and back to 0 after I uninstalled XTU again....

I'll update the post if this changes....

KB.

Bugsy004
03-29-2021, 05:20 PM
if you want to truly kill the app from launching do the following
Goto:
C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Service
find:
ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper
Rename to:
-ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper
Accept the changes
Goto the task manager
Find:
ARMOURY CRATE user session helper
Delete/end process.

???

No more application

If you want to re enable it just reverse the change and reload the application.

This solution worked for me.
I have an G512LW gaming laptop.
Thank you!

AtGrigorov
03-29-2021, 05:40 PM
New update and same old issue again. Really???

JayJAY5
03-29-2021, 07:12 PM
New update and same old issue again. Really???

OMG I spent like 4 hours tring to solve this issue today. And nothing helped me :(

vitalyplatoff
03-29-2021, 08:43 PM
I have same bug too on my G531GV :(

Armoury Crate was updated today from Microsoft Store to ver 4.0.8.0. and i have idle temperature 72-80 C

and very high power usage

Hope ASUS will solve that problem soon :)

digitaln0mad
03-29-2021, 09:01 PM
I tried the following methods:

1. [DID NOT WORK] Open Armoury Crate, Close it, then kill the User Session process.

2. [DID NOT WORK] Disable background running for armoury crate.

3. [WORKED] Renamed "ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper" to "****you_ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper" in the C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Service folder. This prevents the program from running and not eating up my CPU. I can still open Armoury Crate as well.

gambo1601
03-30-2021, 05:06 AM
I tried the following methods:

1. [DID NOT WORK] Open Armoury Crate, Close it, then kill the User Session process.

2. [DID NOT WORK] Disable background running for armoury crate.

3. [WORKED] Renamed "ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper" to "****you_ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper" in the C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Service folder. This prevents the program from running and not eating up my CPU. I can still open Armoury Crate as well.

Thanks mate, this was driving me nuts. Sloppy programming from them.

Da-BOSS
03-30-2021, 05:10 AM
All is fine with me and there's no more updates (all got updated) + the CPU usage is normal like before too :) give it another shot guys.. they might got it fixed for you all.

vitalyplatoff
03-30-2021, 02:01 PM
I saw all is fixed! Dear ASUS rollout new version of System control interface. Problem is gone!!:):):)

AtGrigorov
03-30-2021, 06:01 PM
I saw all is fixed! Dear ASUS rollout new version of System control interface. Problem is gone!!:):):)
Yes, indeed! This time it was a fast reaction. All is back to good.