PDA

View Full Version : charger problem

phantomz92
03-28-2012, 07:13 AM
hey...i just purchased a g53sx about 3 month ago and it was working perfectly untill last sunday i discovered that the charger is unusually hot...it feels much hotter than it usually is...i always turn on my laptop for long hours and it has never acted like this...im a bit worried...does anyone here have the same problem as me and is there anyone that can tell me what is going on with my charger ><....if i can i dont wont to buy a new charger

ColonelS
03-28-2012, 07:40 AM
Ok, did you use both the charger and battery at the same time while using the G53?

phantomz92
03-28-2012, 05:14 PM
no...i only use the ac adapter.....

xeromist
03-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Heat means that the current is meeting resistance. Increased heat is either because there is more draw than normal or something has changed to cause more resistance inside the adapter. If it doesn't go back to normal then I would recommend a new adapter. It's not a good idea to keep using one that has showed signs of trouble.

tocguy
04-26-2014, 02:15 AM
Heat means that the current is meeting resistance. Increased heat is either because there is more draw than normal or something has changed to cause more resistance inside the adapter. If it doesn't go back to normal then I would recommend a new adapter. It's not a good idea to keep using one that has showed signs of trouble.

Quick Ohms Law Tutorial to correct the above post.
Voltage = Current * Resistance : V=IR
Re-arranging terms we get Current (I) = Voltage (V) / Resistance (R) : I=V/R
So in order for current to increase, resistance must decrease; not increase.

Power = Current squared * Resistance : P=I^2R and is measured in Watts (a familar heat unit). So, for a set USB voltage of 5V a decrease in (R) will result in an geometric increase in (I) due to squaring and the resulting heat (P) increases very fast. That's bad for your components becasue eventually it'll "let the magic smoke out" as they say in the electronics industry.