PDA

View Full Version : Asus g74sx and Razer Megalodon please help

Hameli
03-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Hello i bought a G74sx and i have my headset Razer megalodon

i tried to plugin the razer the speaker works but when i talk using mic its like a robotic sound with a wierd sound on backround like grrgrrgrrgrrrr

so i updated the frimware of the headset and then i tried to replug it then there was a problem with AiCharger.sys so i update it now the problem remains the same my headset wont work

i tried to uninstall the drivers but the same on both problems
the wierd sound
then after updating the Aicharger the headset dosent recognizesorr
i tried other ports
i tried to install the drivers from the website but megalodon works without drivers

The speakers was working correctly before updating the aicharger.sys
the mic wierd sound at first after updating it dosent work at all

i hope you can help me and sorry for my bad english

dstrakele
03-28-2012, 06:38 PM
I would be tempted to use Windows System Restore to return your system to the time before you installed the Razer Megalodon software. I would then disable Ai Charger so it is NOT suppling extra power to the USB ports for charging or uninstall it. It appears this ASUS utility is conflicting with your headset.

I would then mute the built-in microphone on the G74SX or setup the Razer microphone as the Default in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, install the Razer Megalodon software and drivers, and attempt to configure the microphone settings. I saw the following on http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Megalodon-Surround-Gaming-Headset/product-reviews/B002EVPBH0/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

First off to everyone who complains about the microphone quality. You need to realize that this headset has a built in sound card via the USB cord. There are controls and settings on the panel you need to set up. You need to both fiddle with your control panel microphone settings on your PC and the headphone controls on the actually control panel via the cord. There are both microphone output settings and noise cancellation levels for the microphone on the device itself. So when you're trying to set up these headphones you need to make sure you test and tweak theses settings. By default they are up to high and you also must make sure your using a high quality encoding with whatever voice chat system your using. Some built in game voice chat uses really low quality codec's so no matter how good your microphone is its going to sound like crap. This is not the fault of the headset. This is also the case with Ventrilo, the few posts I saw regarding that. If you sound like crap check the sound settings next time. I have done very extensive testing and everyone says I sound better than ever now on my voice servers.

Second to those who are reporting actual sound issues. This is mainly due to the fact your usb ports are either not providing enough power to the headset or you just got a bad product. It happens to the best of us. Chin up, contact razor and or Newegg and return for another product. Don't pass judgment on something for a one time flop. Now if your second pair is just as bad of an experience by all means judge away. In the end make sure you contact razor and troubleshoot before returning anything, as I said earlier PC parts don't always mix well without a little love from the user.

Consider reviewing these Google hits for Razor Megalodon Microphone issues: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=razer+megalodon+microphone+static&oq=razer+megalodon+micorphone&aq=1l&aqi=g-l3&aql=1&gs_l=serp.1.1.0i13l3.9227l13478l0l16391l16l14l0l1l 1l1l222l2061l0j13j1l15l0.cfis.1.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=c46529590d2197e8&biw=909&bih=709

Henrysyy
03-29-2012, 02:55 PM
a little off topic perhaps. but the g74sx supports 7.1 ?!! i thought its only 2.1 .. cuz the 5.1 and 7.1s have like 3 wires while theres only one hole you can plug into... excluding the mic . so my question is , does the g74sx 3d support surround sound like 7.1 cause if they do . Im going to get me one of those headphones :D .. oh and how would you put the multiple plugs into the laptop ? since theres only one for sound and one for mic.

Hameli
03-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Razer megalodon is both 2.0 and 7.1 my old laptop HP HDX 16 its like 2 yo or 1 yo the 7.1 was working perfectly on it

and i tried to uninstall the ai charget but my mouse and my megalodon didnt work so there is no solution and btw razer megalodon dosent need any drivers to to work

dstrakele
03-31-2012, 03:10 PM
Try booting into Safe Mode to uninstall Aii Charger. Or use Windows System Restore to restore your system to a time before the Ai Charger update.

If that fails, research the links in my previous post for other recommendations.