PDA

View Full Version : RTX 3080 ROG STRIX OC fans spinning even at idle

pjeruk
10-07-2020, 12:38 AM
Hi i just got my 3080 oc strix card and I don't know what to do because fans on auto wont slowing down at all. Even if card is cold like 32c fans are still going on 53% any ideas what to do? When I'm trying manualy change fans under 35% fans are starting spining and stopping over and over. I was trying quiet mode and performance but nothing change.

Silent Scone@ROG
10-07-2020, 06:34 AM
Hello,

Try using the latest version of GPU Tweak II if you haven't done so already. If you're also able to provide a dxdiagnostics file that would also be helpful for replication.

pjeruk
10-07-2020, 12:00 PM
I was trying gpu tweak II and still nothing to be honest was even worse because I was not able change speed under 53% at all. Here's the dxdiag https://pastebin.com/Ag1wn9Bn

Maximuz99
10-07-2020, 01:53 PM
This seems to be a known issue, multiple threads about this already. Really hope Asus fixes this quickly or i'm probably going to try get a card from another vendor.

Silent Scone@ROG
10-08-2020, 06:10 PM
Thank you. I've moved this thread for attention of service.

jaide
10-12-2020, 07:11 AM
As far as I have understood, Asus starts the Fans @ 30 Watt Board Power Draw. Other manufactors start the Fans @ 60 Watt. That's why they are on most of the time, and when you're just browsing for example.

I really hope this gets fixed via a BIOS Update! :(

pjeruk
10-12-2020, 03:33 PM
I just checked that and You have 100% right, with my monitor 1440p and 240hz when I'm not doing anything power draw is about 40W, I switched resolution to lowest with 60hz and power draw droped to 25 and fans stopped straight away.

RNG_AGESA
10-15-2020, 12:15 PM
Thank you. I've moved this thread for attention of service.

thank you

j.battermann
10-27-2020, 11:44 PM
Are there any plans to increase the power draw limit for the 0db mode? I have a 3080 Strix OC idling at mere 27-29 degrees celsius, however given that I have 2 144hz monitors attached to it, the idle power draw is (afaik) 53watts and therefore the fans DO spin at 1000rpm almost all the time. Sometimes they do stop for a minute or so.. but not for long. Which is, given such a low idle temperature unclear/unexepected and quite frankly, annoying.

Is there any adjustment / improvement planned in the (near) future?

skittles123
10-30-2020, 02:17 PM
I have the same card and the same problem, I got 2 monitors 4k+1440p both at 144 Hz, board power draw at idle is 50-53W so the fans never stops spinning,
it's very annoying tbh, switched to an MSI Trio X and the 0db mode works perfectly, the fans only starts spinning when the temp reach ~60°C
Waiting for an bios update again to switch back to Asus...

Strix on the left Trio X on the right

experte
11-09-2020, 03:15 PM
Coming from an MSI 2070 and 3080 (sold because don't need the performance) I now own a 3070 Strix. The cooler is awesome but why is the 0db mode dependent on power draw and not temps? Every other manufacturer does this the other way around for good reasons, with MSI I could play undemanding games without the fans ever turning on, can't do the same with Strix, the fans will run at 1000RPM and cool the card down below 30C which is totally unnecessary. Also at least when using the Quiet BIOS there's really no need for the fans to immediately jump to those 1000RPM, in general I'm wondering why go the extra mile and offer a dual-BIOS when the differences between both options are miniscule? So while the hardware is great the fan behaviour needs some serious tuning, you're sabotaging your otherwise great cards at least when it comes to people who like it silent.

Blake@ROG
11-10-2020, 03:59 AM
Hello all,
This issue has been reported.
I will keep you updated if there is progress.
Thank you.

DSLow
11-11-2020, 01:03 PM
After the last Nvidia drivers update, my usual GPU-Z performance looks like this at idle and most of the time during playing (same RPM but around 50-60 oC):
https://imgur.com/cAxdRdQ

I think that's ok and definetely better than it was before.

Before this driver update I've noticed that ASUS bios update did almost nothing. GPU-Z, Afterburnd and Asus tweak showed that smh these apps take information based on the middle fan. At idle middle fan was running at 0 rpm while others somewhere about 1000 (53%, the usual problem everyone gets), but in the apps it shows that all fans are using 0%. Am not sure that's software problem since all 3 of them showed the same numbers.

Also smh fans doesn't work correctly below 30% and after 30% and above they run full speed with one difference that the fan in the middle connects later (as you raise RPM respectively). As guy mentioned above TEMP/RPM doesn't work as it supposed to. I didn't noticed but probably that is correct that card relies on power consumption instead of temperature when it controls the fans.

After the nvidia update I haven't tried using afterburner or asus tweak, gotta try but it seems card's bios is in an unstable state right now so barely any change in tweaks are meaningful until that. And even after drivers update I still think numbers are wrong. So I guess only thing you can do is wait for ASUS updates.

Zysor
11-15-2020, 09:01 PM
Got my 3080 Strix this friday and 0db works for mine but now and then when the gpu power spikes for 1 second the fans ramp up from 0rpm to 1100rpm which is louder than just running them at 800rpm.
So i tried to set a custom fan curve with gpu tweak but that also doesnt work at all.
The fans wont spin up at all, only after i use manual mode with at least 45%. Already did the bios update but didnt help at all.
Please fix this Asus

PS: The voltage curve also goes up to 3000MHz but cannot go under 2056Mhz wtf?

DSLow
11-25-2020, 07:22 AM
https://i.imgur.com/AttxbqC.png

Little update on the situation.

1) The last NVIDIA driver indeed made the situation better, now at idle fans doesn't spin max %. But after some time idk exactly why but fans issue is happening again. Over time it got worse and worse. First fans started spinning on the lowest "consumption" and then they run 1000+ RPM almost all the time.

2) Tweak or afterburner doesn't work correctly at all. I guess it's related to problems with BIOS. On the screenshot, for example, if I set middle fan to 30% it indeed does so - fan stops (Why tho? I think that's also incorrect especially if you consider next sentence but THAT is still better than what's happening to side fans). But below 30 for some reason it runs at 53%. And above 30% relevantly to the slider.
The most interesting part: side fans slider doesn't work. It completely ignores any % and works on its own. At idle GPU-Z shows that Fan 1 works at 53% 0 RPM and Fan 2 is 53% and 1000-1100 RPM. Fans registration smh only works correctly for middle fan. Tweaks gather wrong stats on left-right fans and cannot operate them.

I guess Asus fked up somewhere with the right/left fans indicators sampling.

I'd suggest don't use Tweak or Afterburner at all because if you do so fans will run full capacity all the time. Only Nvidia driver reinstallation can make it better.

ASUS NEED to address this issue asap. GPU is hardly usable when all I hear while doing NOTHING are Fans running full speed somewhere for no reason. And the last BIOS update was almost 2 months ago. Like wth?

I also heard some people doesn't have noise issues from the start. Idk if that information is true. And I also don't know if the problem is lies only withing my GPU. I hope ASUS will make an answer if this a known bios issue or this exact GPU defect.

P.S. Text contains some mistakes and explanation problems, engrish is hard.

TL;DR:
https://i.imgur.com/ZULdgYi.png

henrik.ufken
11-25-2020, 12:21 PM
Hi,

I think I have the same issue, or a similar one.

My 3080 Strix OC is also not spinning the fans down. With another card it did work.
But if I force 0% fans with Afterburner, I noticed that the card gets hot, about 65-70C.
I also noticed, that the power consumption is very high (not less than 70W), even without attached screen.
Furthermore, the high power consumption is on "8-Pin Power 1"/"PWR_SRC Power Draw". See screenshots.

Maybe the VRMs are always active, if thats possible?

I reported it already to the support, waiting for an answer. Maybe another Bios Update could help.

vil-2
11-26-2020, 01:32 PM
Hi
I have the TUF 3080 OC.
I've just tested 144Hz vs 60Hz refresh rate on idle, the fans don't spin at all.
My card is undervolted with Afterburner, it may be related? because I know for sure that the fans were spinning on idle when the card was out of the box. Current settings are 825 mV and 1850 Mhz if it can help, maybe give it a try?
All things considered, fans off or fans spinning slowly, I don't notice the difference regarding the noise, so as long as they don't spin full speed, you should be fine and don't bother.

DSLow
11-28-2020, 10:26 AM
Hi
I have the TUF 3080 OC.
I've just tested 144Hz vs 60Hz refresh rate on idle, the fans don't spin at all.
My card is undervolted with Afterburner, it may be related? because I know for sure that the fans were spinning on idle when the card was out of the box. Current settings are 825 mV and 1850 Mhz if it can help, maybe give it a try?
All things considered, fans off or fans spinning slowly, I don't notice the difference regarding the noise, so as long as they don't spin full speed, you should be fine and don't bother.

A good suggestion. But I've literally set EVERYTHING to 0 or the very minimum setting, temp is 34 0C (or even 27 0C). Side fans are still spinning 53% 1000 RPM.

The core problem, as I see it, in the fact that right/left fans doesn't react at all to the fan speed setting below 50%. If I set every fan to 30% - middle is fine and does so but side fans has 0 reaction. But smh they do as said if I set rpm to 100%. I can't overheat this thing even if I want to except for manually stopping the fans.

pk1209
11-30-2020, 10:22 AM
I have this issue as well.... fans rarely stop and sit around 1000 RPM and 50W or so power draw. Have the first BIOS fix in place... assume we just need to wait for another one?

3090 ROG Strix OC and 3840 x 1600 monitor

henrik.ufken
11-30-2020, 08:11 PM
Undervolting is a nice idea, but not on idle power state.
For me, it really seems that the VRMs are not idling as they should. In HWInfo64 I found the VRM temperature reading, and assuming "PWR_SRC Power Draw" from GPU-z is the consumption of the VRMs, it would make sense to me, since the temps are pretty high.

Now watercooled, the GPU on idle is less than the water temp - so it should be idling correctly. The VRM temp is on idle not less than 40C, also cooled by the GPU waterblock.
The card itself is working totally fine, getting a score of more than 13100 in Port Royal, so it is hopefully possible to be solved by a bios update - since my power bill would be glad for 30-40W less while being working on my PC.

Megascrypt
11-30-2020, 08:52 PM
Undervolting is a nice idea, but not on idle power state.
For me, it really seems that the VRMs are not idling as they should. In HWInfo64 I found the VRM temperature reading, and assuming "PWR_SRC Power Draw" from GPU-z is the consumption of the VRMs, it would make sense to me, since the temps are pretty high.

Now watercooled, the GPU on idle is less than the water temp - so it should be idling correctly. The VRM temp is on idle not less than 40C, also cooled by the GPU waterblock.
The card itself is working totally fine, getting a score of more than 13100 in Port Royal, so it is hopefully possible to be solved by a bios update - since my power bill would be glad for 30-40W less while being working on my PC.

No one should have to go to lengths of undervolting their cards that are design to run at certain speeds with 0db feature, that idea its definitely not a fix, its temporary patch, this should be fixed via new bios update

Silent Scone@ROG
12-03-2020, 08:34 AM
Hello,

A further VBIOS update will be coming to address the fan threshold. Expect it to drop on the support pages within an ETA of a month's time.

Blake@ROG
12-07-2020, 06:34 AM
Dear all,
Please refer to below FAQ for the Fan Stop design for the 30 series card
https://rog.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044879
Thank you.

Megascrypt
12-07-2020, 03:12 PM
Dear all,
Thank you.

That's it? that is the fix, I hope not:(

Its been said previously that the fans will spin even at 30-32C because of the short wattage spikes and supposedly vBios update that would address that was going to be release.

henrik.ufken
12-07-2020, 04:13 PM
I really hope this isn't the "fix", if I ever have to mount the air cooler again, e.g. when selling the card.
My card never goes under 50W of power consumption to stop the fans, with two screens >80W, with one screen it is about 70W, and even without a screen it was not lower than 50W.
I hope either it is a driver or vbios issue. And since performance is not affected at all, I do not think it is faulty hardware. And with another 3080 it worked very good - just switched because I wanted and Asus card. Hopefully at some time the support in Asia will respond to my ticket.

Another question I thought about was if for some reason a very old power supply can affect the power consumption of the card? I don't believe so, but who knows?
In my case, I am using an 8 year old 730W Xilence PSU, still doing its job with no (obvious) issues.

Megascrypt
12-07-2020, 04:54 PM
I really hope this isn't the "fix", if I ever have to mount the air cooler again, e.g. when selling the card.
My card never goes under 50W of power consumption to stop the fans, with two screens >80W, with one screen it is about 70W, and even without a screen it was not lower than 50W.
I hope either it is a driver or vbios issue. And since performance is not affected at all, I do not think it is faulty hardware. And with another 3080 it worked very good - just switched because I wanted and Asus card. Hopefully at some time the support in Asia will respond to my ticket.

Another question I thought about was if for some reason a very old power supply can affect the power consumption of the card? I don't believe so, but who knows?
In my case, I am using an 8 year old 730W Xilence PSU, still doing its job with no (obvious) issues.

The problem is that the frequencies of wattage spikes triggers the fans to be sporadically ON/Off which is not good for the fans themselves, let alone this isn't how 0db should properly function.

If vBios (not via-drivers) can extend the wattage spikes even for 2-3 seconds and bypass the current threshold that is to short, that would fix it.

As far is your PSU? Don't use anything that is warned out, you dealing with power hungry and sensitive GPU, although it might still look like works OK I wouldn't trust it.

People don't realize and don't pay enough attention to how very important is PSU, I would say its heart of your system, don't let it fail on you, you know when that happens, very little you can do to fix it.

DSLow
12-07-2020, 09:55 PM

I have be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W. So not the case here.

DSLow
12-07-2020, 09:57 PM
Dear all,
Thank you.

I hope this is a joke and not a real solution because your cards design doesn't follow that FAQ at all.

Megascrypt
12-09-2020, 04:05 AM
I hope this is a joke and not a real solution because your cards design doesn't follow that FAQ at all.

I agree, the FAQ's for 3090 do not fully correspond with 0db functionality.

There are times that the fans spin regardless of power draw and GPU's temperature.

DSLow
12-10-2020, 10:22 PM
So I handed over the GPU to the service center. I described every piece of information I had to the staff and fixated that the problem occures for side fans. Not exactly sure what they did, guy who gave it back to me said they've changed/replaced the fans but as far as I can see it is the same fans I had before (they have some marks/cuts). But after that fans' RPM doesn't go above 1000 RPM all of a sudden. Even when I have temp apound 55-60 0C they keep cooling at around 1100 RPM. I have not yet tested it on big recent releases like AC: Valhalla or CP2077 but in every other game or EVEN idle it has no effect as it had before. Now this is as described one of the most silent top GPUs on the market.

Loranon
12-10-2020, 11:02 PM
I can't confirm the "silent" part at all, unfortunately. My card becomes super noisy, especially in recent titles.

Running CP2077 with RTX on at 1440p and the fans ramp up to 2500 RPM, which is SUPER loud. Temps are ~72°. Granted the card is pinned at 100% utilization and power limits, so this is a worst case scenario, but sill... It's everything but quiet.

Minh Le
12-14-2020, 04:51 PM
Bios V2 is out now.
Is it worth to update?

Megascrypt
12-14-2020, 08:33 PM
Bios V2 is out now.
Is it worth to update?

I have just updated to V2 and this Bios seem to address most of the premature fan start-up.

Although, there are still some random fan start up that will spin for good amount of time when watching 4K YouTube videos, even thou power draw is less then 100W and temperature below 35C, but It's a lot less dramatic, so It's OK update.

pk1209
12-15-2020, 10:16 AM
New BIOS doesn't seem to have any impact on 0db for me.... still pretty much stuck at 1000 rpm

Megascrypt
12-15-2020, 02:44 PM
New BIOS doesn't seem to have any impact on 0db for me.... still pretty much stuck at 1000 rpm

Like I said, this V2 BIOS made slightly better 0db mode compliance, but there are still spin ups even thou power draw and temperature are whey below 0db FAQs, but it's a less dramatic.

Did you check your cards power draw and temperature and if it's in line, check in CP power option "power management" if its set to moderate and not off and in NVIDIA CP and settings in there, in your case, something else is going on.

pk1209
12-15-2020, 02:52 PM
Sits around 50-55W and 30 degrees on idle... occasional power spike. Power mode set to normal in CP. It's perhaps slightly better than before, but still spending a lot of time with 1000rpm at "idle." The issue is probably more about what's causing the spikes, but maybe that is normal

Megascrypt
12-15-2020, 03:19 PM
Sits around 50-55W and 30 degrees on idle... occasional power spike. Power mode set to normal in CP. It's perhaps slightly better than before, but still spending a lot of time with 1000rpm at "idle." The issue is probably more about what's causing the spikes, but maybe that is normal

With that power draw and temperature fans definitely shouldn't be spinning. Even with higher power draw spikes if the fans gets triggered, they should stop shortly after, unless something else is keeping power draw or temperature higher.

Do the fans stop at all or spin constantly, from the sound of it It sounds like they spinning most of the time, if that's the case, there is something off for sure.

Even with the previous Bios, fans would stop and say off, the problem was and still slightly is, 0db mode is so sensitive to power draw spikes, which is slightly better with V2, but still happens but again, not as dramatic.

pk1209
12-15-2020, 04:31 PM
will run GPU-Z for a while and see what graphs out... maybe I was just unlucky in that ever time I happened to check it was after a power spike!

Edit - tbh, I think the issue is the 50w power draw threshold, my card seems to want to idle just over that!

Megascrypt
12-15-2020, 04:42 PM
will run GPU-Z for a while and see what graphs out... maybe I was just unlucky in that ever time I happened to check it was after a power spike!
Tbh. this release of 30 cards is not smooth. Not to bash other AIB's but everyone seems to have some sort of issue with their cards, so Asus it's not alone.

After long loyal time to EVGA I have totally lost faith in their product. I had 3 dead FTW3 3090s, one after another and there is ton and I mean ton of users dealing with similar issues.

My nephew had 2x FTW3 3090 died on him within 2 weeks, it's not good I hope Strix is a bit better, but even thou my 3090 Strix is good, the shroud rattling is awful, so I might move to something else or just stick with my Titan RTX

Good luck finding what's holding your fans from operating properly.

Megascrypt
12-16-2020, 01:49 AM

Edit - tbh, I think the issue is the 50w power draw threshold, my card seems to want to idle just over that!

The new 460.89 drivers that were just released today seem to help a quite a bit to come down the power draw spikes. The way things are working now, its getting fairly close to Asus 0db mode FAQ's.

Minh Le
12-16-2020, 02:45 AM
The new 460.89 drivers that were just released today seem to help a quite a bit to come down the power draw spikes. The way things are working now, its getting fairly close to Asus 0db mode FAQ's.

Do you use GPU Tweak II?
After install the new bios, using GPU Tweak II seems to be no different than before.
Left and right fan still 0 rpm while mid fan always 1000rpm

Megascrypt
12-16-2020, 03:34 AM
Do you use GPU Tweak II?
After install the new bios, using GPU Tweak II seems to be no different than before.
Left and right fan still 0 rpm while mid fan always 1000rpm

No I don't use Tweak II I just have my Bios on the card switch to Q-mode. This latest driver 460.89 made some significant difference in how the 0db mode operates, now It works as it should :)

Have you try re-flashing cards Bios, If you can reinstall windows from scratch, don't install Tweak II and see how you cards fans running then, that is the best way to narrow down the issue and go from there.

Silent Scone@ROG
12-16-2020, 09:07 AM

Hello,

Have you checked the power consumption of the card?

pk1209
12-16-2020, 10:11 AM
yeah, looks ok with latest drivers and BIOS at idle now.. sat at 0rpm for 30 mins with just GPU-Z open on screen

Doesn't take much to go over 50w though, so as soon as Chrome open, for example, I go over 50w and fans start spinning even though GPU barely being used

Megascrypt
12-16-2020, 03:00 PM
yeah, looks ok with latest drivers and BIOS at idle now.. sat at 0rpm for 30 mins with just GPU-Z open on screen

Doesn't take much to go over 50w though, so as soon as Chrome open, for example, I go over 50w and fans start spinning even though GPU barely being used

Yes this was happening to me as well before the latest Bios and driver, slight bump in power spike and fans would spin, but this driver really works well, at least in my case. I would honestly consider reinstalling windows and try running without Tweak II to see if it make any difference. Have monitoring software and task manager open in small window while using your PC and see what's happening then.

BTW. It seem that Asus did bump the wattage threshold before triggering fans, but in some rare instances it’s still slightly to low, at the same time you don't want your power draw to sit high without cooling.

Tbh. right now my 0db mode works perfect, big difference from what it was before the V2 and drivers update.

IDv8I
01-31-2021, 04:27 PM
I have a dual monitor setup with both at 2560 x 1440, when I lower the secondary monitor down to 60htz the fans work as intended and will stop. The main monitor is still running ay 144htz so doesn't affect my gaming but still seems like a waist.

gambo1601
04-05-2021, 06:05 AM
Hey guys,

Im still having this problem on my 3080 STRIX OC:

The fans stay mostly in idle without spinning: but eventually for like 10-12 seconds it suddenly starts spinning up and then quickly going down again. This is in Idle, or only browsing the internet doing small operations

Its not a huge issue, but annoying.

Anyone found a fix to this?

I have fully updated the cards Bios.

Would i need to fully reinstall windows or can i just reinstall all the drivers maybe?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan87
05-19-2021, 08:28 AM
Hi guys,

I can read that many people can see their left-right fan staying at 0rpm but 53% usage and only the mid fan is "controllable".

I still have the same issue, got the latest bios and latest nvidia drivers. Yesterday I format my pc and everything was working fine again: I could even see the rpm on left-right fan on GPU-Z. However, today we are back to "normal" and I can't see the left-right fan rpm on GPU-Z and they spin like crazy whenever I launch a game.

Has anyone found what makes both fans impossible to control? There must be a software or driver that is causing issues. I have literally installed softwares 1 by 1 to test what was causing the issue but I cant seem to understand it. Another thing I noticed is that yesterday, when fans were working "fine", they weren't spinning like crazy at boot and today they do (which is the behaviour I had when they weren't working well). Help pls!

Dan87
05-21-2021, 06:50 AM
Hi guys,

I can read that many people can see their left-right fan staying at 0rpm but 53% usage and only the mid fan is "controllable".

I still have the same issue, got the latest bios and latest nvidia drivers. Yesterday I format my pc and everything was working fine again: I could even see the rpm on left-right fan on GPU-Z. However, today we are back to "normal" and I can't see the left-right fan rpm on GPU-Z and they spin like crazy whenever I launch a game.

Has anyone found what makes both fans impossible to control? There must be a software or driver that is causing issues. I have literally installed softwares 1 by 1 to test what was causing the issue but I cant seem to understand it. Another thing I noticed is that yesterday, when fans were working "fine", they weren't spinning like crazy at boot and today they do (which is the behaviour I had when they weren't working well). Help pls!

I reply to my own message as I fixed the issue... Maybe it can be helpful for someone else.

It took me some courage but at the end I deshrouded my Strix OC 3080. On the attachment you can see what I found: the fan connect being not being pushed properly... Thank God I did not send it to RMA as Asus suggested.

If you are experiencing something similar - AND IF YOU FEEL CONFIDENT IN OPENING YOUR GPU - this might be a fix.

Saman.ZzZ
06-29-2021, 11:41 AM
Hi, i have rog strix rtx 3080 oc white. i bought it 12days ago. from start i have problem, when connect to my pc, first fan on the left, start with top speed spining, and other 2( middle one and right one, ) was stop. i install driver and uodate bios to v5 but problem not solved! in gpu z show that fan speed 3200rpm, but 0% !!! i don't know what is problem after install new fresh windows the problem not solved, just for 2h it fix and 3 fan work together and responding to msi afterburner very well, but after that 3th one(right fan) again stop and left fan start with 3200 rpm speed. i unistall and install again driver, but problem not fixed. so what can i do? i realy angree about that because i pay 3300 usd for this!!! so hard to find and adter find this happen😑😑😑 i'm not sure about problem that maybe same guys that he opem and fixed his cable. maybe for me same it. but not sure. isometimes when i keep first fan with my hand right one start to spining and problem fixed, but not always.sometime when i change place graphic card to another pcie place, just 1time problem fix and after restart again start with top speed. but not always. pls tel me what can i do😑😫😑
i upload video in youtube, u can see better my problem.

https://youtu.be/BydzFUknzrs

Saman.ZzZ
06-29-2021, 11:42 AM
Hi, i have rog strix rtx 3080 oc white. i bought it 12days ago. from start i have problem, when connect to my pc, first fan on the left, start with top speed spining, and other 2( middle one and right one, ) was stop. i install driver and uodate bios to v5 but problem not solved! in gpu z show that fan speed 3200rpm, but 0% !!! i don't know what is problem after install new fresh windows the problem not solved, just for 2h it fix and 3 fan work together and responding to msi afterburner very well, but after that 3th one(right fan) again stop and left fan start with 3200 rpm speed. i unistall and install again driver, but problem not fixed. so what can i do? i realy angree about that because i pay 3300 usd for this!!! so hard to find and adter find this happen😑😑😑 i'm not sure about problem that maybe same guys that he opem and fixed his cable. maybe for me same it. but not sure. isometimes when i keep first fan with my hand right one start to spining and problem fixed, but not always.sometime when i change place graphic card to another pcie place, just 1time problem fix and after restart again start with top speed. but not always. pls tel me what can i do.
i upload video in youtube, u can see better my problem.

Saman.ZzZ
07-02-2021, 08:21 AM
I reply to my own message as I fixed the issue... Maybe it can be helpful for someone else.

It took me some courage but at the end I deshrouded my Strix OC 3080. On the attachment you can see what I found: the fan connect being not being pushed properly... Thank God I did not send it to RMA as Asus suggested.

If you are experiencing something similar - AND IF YOU FEEL CONFIDENT IN OPENING YOUR GPU - this might be a fix.

tnx alot bro, i had serious problem with my rtx 3080 rogstrix white and i open from back plate my gpu with help opening video in youtube from this link :
https://youtu.be/iIS-1wNszEE
and after that my wire looks like normal and on, but i try to tied them and close it again. u can see my fan problem in this youtube link:
and after i assemble again the back plate and fan of the gpu, i see that my problem is solved.. tnx alot. after 3days it steel work fine.