PDA

View Full Version : high FPS stuttering or lagging when gaming on g53sx

jescob
03-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Hi, I'm currently playing dead island, fallout nv and syndicate, being syndicate the one in wich I'm getting the lowest performance, the problem with them is that I'm getting a little lag or sttuter when y play, even with low resolution and low detail level the gameplay does not feel as fluid as it should. I ran fraps to check the FPS, the results were above 50 FPS on 1366x768 with high detail level on each of these games, what should I do to improve the graphic performance of my laptop?

Could this be a driver related problem?

is this related with the 128 bit bus on the GPU of th g53sx?

what should i do to check this is not a hardware related problem?

n1ghtl1fe
03-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi, I'm currently playing dead island, fallout nv and syndicate, being syndicate the one in wich I'm getting the lowest performance, the problem with them is that I'm getting a little lag or sttuter when y play, even with low resolution and low detail level the gameplay does not feel as fluid as it should. I ran fraps to check the FPS, the results were above 50 FPS on 1366x768 with high detail level on each of these games, what should I do to improve the graphic performance of my laptop?

Could this be a driver related problem?

is this related with the 128 bit bus on the GPU of th g53sx?

what should i do to check this is not a hardware related problem?

what drivers do you currently have installed for your gpu?

jescob
03-29-2012, 08:22 PM
I recently performed a system recovery, so the drivers I have are the default nvidia version 8.17.12.6856

smellons
03-29-2012, 08:50 PM
I recently performed a system recovery, so the drivers I have are the default nvidia version 8.17.12.6856

I'd definitely update those drivers, then try using ThrottleStop.

jescob
03-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Done, upgraded drivers to 8.17.12.9610, I also ran throttle stop in monitor mode, sadly none of this helped dead Island is looking worse.

unclewebb
04-03-2012, 10:41 PM
How is ThrottleStop supposed to help you if you don't know how to use it and you don't bother turning it on?

Did you try running it with the Log File option checked so you can get some CPU performance data while you are gaming? Hard to figure out what is causing a problem without having some data to look at. Try doing a Copy and Paste to www.pastebin.com or similar and then post a link here so I can have a look.