PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me? INternet problems

eLePhAnTzZz
01-07-2011, 05:00 AM
Well i cant connect to MY wireless internet. I can use a lan wire to connect to my internet but not wireless..i can connect to other peoples wireless just not my owns? help

celticguy75
01-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Ok, Let's take this step by step

Where exactly is the problem occuring?

1 - Is your wireless internet visible to your laptop? (when you search for wifi, can you see the entry for the network, or do you have it hidden?) If you unmask it, does it appear? you can always Rehide it after you connect for the first time
2 - If you can see it, does the connectiong use encyption? WEP/WPA?
3 - HAve you used the wifi connection before with another device? (PS3. PSP, phone or other laptop etc?)

If you can let me know the answers, we can zero in on the problem

eLePhAnTzZz
01-08-2011, 02:21 AM
Well my wifi works on my ps3, other computer and other laptop. And i can see the my wifi on my laptop AND i can connect to it..i just cant get internet connection....BUT i cant get wifi from mine only!!! i connect to other peoples wifi fine

celticguy75
01-08-2011, 02:42 AM
When you connect to the wifi on the laptop, are you able to do any of the following

1 - Log onto your router/modem/whatever provides the wifi signal?
2 - Ping (via the command line) a domain name (like www.google.com) or ping a IP address like 173.194.37.104 (googles)
3 - See the computer connected in the settings of the WIFI source (Usually you'll have a firewall that tells you when a certain computer is connected)
4 - Are you using the correct WIFI encryption on both Laptop & Source (IE, not WPA on one and WEP on another?) Try temporarily removing the encryption from the router, connecting and seeing if you can browse.

eLePhAnTzZz
01-08-2011, 09:58 AM
im not sure what you mean but i can see and connect to my router..just no interent access...i reall dont know what to do...i just kinda need suggestions..thanks

celticguy75
01-08-2011, 04:39 PM
This sounds like something pretty basic in the setup that doesn't quite match up properly in the settings. Can you let us know what the make & model of your router is? There are only a few reasons why you can't connect to the router, and the fact you use the router for your PS3 & another laptop eliminates some of these, whilst you being able to use other wifi means another cause is eliminated. I suspect it's a channel or encryption mismatch so we need to know which wifi channel you are using and for you to check that you are using the same encryption type on both the laptop & router.

eLePhAnTzZz
01-09-2011, 01:33 AM
well i used my wifi before...just recently i havent been able to use it. and im not sure but i think its a D-Link Dir-600 wireless 150

efebatistaarda
01-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Some wireless routers allow a limited number of connections at a time... As you have ps3 and other devices connected to the router as well, you might have reached the number your router allows. Try reseting the router, and connect you laptop before connecting anything else.
Hope this helps

eLePhAnTzZz
01-09-2011, 06:15 PM
we can run up to 4 and whenever i use my laptop we are only running like 2

eLePhAnTzZz
01-13-2011, 11:27 PM
bumpity

xeromist
01-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Have you tried running it as an open AP with no password like he suggested? That will tell you if it is an issue with the wireless security settings or not.