PDA

View Full Version : g74sx 3D. Screen turns a static Pink out of nowhere.

Henrysyy
03-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Well when i was just watching a movie on the laptop everything was clear . Normal colors nothing out of the ordinary . Then all of a sudden like the freezes and turns all blurry and Pink. i tried to ctrl alt delt but it didnt work. nothing really worked but when I moved the mouse around it still moves . but i wasnt able to click on anything.did anyone ever have this issue . 7269

dstrakele
03-31-2012, 02:55 PM
That behavior typically indicates a faulty LVDS cable or cable connection. I've seen another thread where users report flickering green dots on black backgrounds, another manifestation of this issue, so it is experienced by others. Reseating the LVDS (video) cable to the motherboard may resolve the issue, but it could also indicate a failing display.

If you are stii within your retailer's exchange/return period, I would recommend exchanging your laptop for a new unit.

jdp568
04-19-2012, 01:28 AM
There is a glitch with 296.10 drivers,its all over the net.Happened to me twice while using video encoder.Rolled back to 295.73 and all is good.

Henrysyy
04-19-2012, 06:44 AM
wow thanks for the info . your right on it lol. waited couple weeks but yea you solved it pretty well . thank you ^_^V

aviwil
04-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks jdp568 - just had this on my G73SW - thought it was a virus, etc.
Moderators , why not put this info , where all can see it .