PDA

View Full Version : Weird fan issues? Strix 3090 White Edition

12hoken
01-07-2021, 03:23 PM
HI All - is this normal behavior for our cards?

The fans will ramp up to high RPMs loudly for 13-14 seconds...
1-On every boot or reboot
2-upon wake up from sleep
3-Light usage (web browsing while watching youtube). I do see some power spikes 130/140w during casual web browsing, but temps are around 34C
Also, GPUTweak Monitor/GPUid only shows middle fan RPMs, left and right fans always shows zero even though they are spinning at high RPMs.

Any game will cause the fans to quickly ramp up to extremely high/loud RPMs, doesn't matter if the BIOS or GPU Tweak are on silent/quiet.
Temps are around 54C when it does this. The card seems to ignore any fan curve i set.

Do all Strix 3090 behave this way right now? Curious to know as I traded out my Gigabyte Vision 3090 which was quiet and ran cool under every game i played.

Troubleshooting I've done -
Reinstall of drivers.
Reseat Card in PCI slot and ensure power cables are attached.
Power Management in Windows/Nvidia Control panel are not set to High/Extreme.
Tried GPU Tweak silent mode and Bios to quiet (card runs no different from performance)
Finally a complete format, reinstall of windows... as soon as the Nvidia drivers are installed the fans go crazy again.

Is it time for a RMA or any other suggestions?

12hoken
01-08-2021, 10:58 PM
well after a couple of emails and a phone call to Asus Tech support we've determine an RMA is needed to figure out the issue. Sucks to only have the card for a few days, but will be nice to not sit next to a tornado when it gets back haha! Wish me luck!

Kiriakos-GR
01-11-2021, 09:19 AM
It does makes me wonder .... of what the 144 hours ASUS validating test at the factory this is useful for?

This should be a task minimizing percentage of RMA.

KMagic
01-11-2021, 07:47 PM
you werent able to get the card to obey a custom curve in latest version of afterburner? I can control my fans with afterburner easily, even forcing them to shut off entirely even under load if I wanted to. If your card was ignoring all of this then I suppose something was indeed wrong.

12hoken
01-11-2021, 10:33 PM
you werent able to get the card to obey a custom curve in latest version of afterburner? I can control my fans with afterburner easily, even forcing them to shut off entirely even under load if I wanted to. If your card was ignoring all of this then I suppose something was indeed wrong.

Middle fan could be controlled and RPMs would show up on monitoring software. However left & right fans would only spin up at what I assume to be max RPM (based on noise), but wouldn't show any rpm or % in any monitoring software nor could I slow them down.

So L&R fans were either off or max, no middle ground ever, and even casual web browsing would fire up with fans even with silent/qmode enabled.

KMagic
01-13-2021, 07:20 PM
Middle fan could be controlled and RPMs would show up on monitoring software. However left & right fans would only spin up at what I assume to be max RPM (based on noise), but wouldn't show any rpm or % in any monitoring software nor could I slow them down.

So L&R fans were either off or max, no middle ground ever, and even casual web browsing would fire up with fans even with silent/qmode enabled.

did you update to the latest bios released recently ? Definitely odd behavior. I had some weird issues with my fans after I installed asus gpu tweak. I cant remember what the issue was now for the life of me. I remember messing with it for an hour or so and decided to just uninstall gpu tweak and continue using my preferred MSI Afterburner. The issue I had was not what you describe though. I have a strix 3090 (not white). I do remember I had to turn the pc off, turn the PSU off, hit power button a couple times (to drain all power from board) then power the pc back up, in order for the fans to return to normal operation after I uninstalled gpu tweak.

12hoken
01-13-2021, 09:46 PM
did you update to the latest bios released recently ? Definitely odd behavior. I had some weird issues with my fans after I installed asus gpu tweak. I cant remember what the issue was now for the life of me. I remember messing with it for an hour or so and decided to just uninstall gpu tweak and continue using my preferred MSI Afterburner. The issue I had was not what you describe though. I have a strix 3090 (not white). I do remember I had to turn the pc off, turn the PSU off, hit power button a couple times (to drain all power from board) then power the pc back up, in order for the fans to return to normal operation after I uninstalled gpu tweak.

During my email exchange and phone call to Asus their techs had me do as you suggested with the power supply. I also tried different pcie slots just in case. With tweak installed or uninstalled the behavior was still the same.

Couldn't update the bios to V2, got a message that said something like ...Your Bios No Need To Update.

After a format and reinstall of windows the card acted ok by not ramping up the fans. But as soon as I installed the geforce drivers the fans would instantly max out, even though nothing else was going on ( no gaming, browsing, etc.....)

My rma should arrive to Asus tomorrow, will be interesting to see what they think and how long it takes to resolve.

KMagic
01-15-2021, 04:17 PM
During my email exchange and phone call to Asus their techs had me do as you suggested with the power supply. I also tried different pcie slots just in case. With tweak installed or uninstalled the behavior was still the same.

Couldn't update the bios to V2, got a message that said something like ...Your Bios No Need To Update.

After a format and reinstall of windows the card acted ok by not ramping up the fans. But as soon as I installed the geforce drivers the fans would instantly max out, even though nothing else was going on ( no gaming, browsing, etc.....)

My rma should arrive to Asus tomorrow, will be interesting to see what they think and how long it takes to resolve.

Fnas shoot to 100% for no reason? what was the temperatures at that time? were you able to control fans with afterburner? I can force software control of the fans and take full control of them in afterburner. Asus GPU Tweak allows this as well of course but its just too buggy to me. I guess it hardly matters now as youve already sent the card off. I woulda hate to have to rma a card over a fan issue. Just a shame really. Hope they get it sorted for you....these cards are not cheap.

I finally decided to disable software fan control and now just letting the fan use its own default curve and I find it works just fine, now that i moved my system to a new case that has fantastic air flow. At 108% power limit the card sits at 67/68 c full load. (Hitting around 420w power draw) I find that 105-110% power limit is the sweet spot for the card where you hit 2k ghz+ speeds in many games without needlessly driving up temperatures. 123% power limit adds little improvement in performance but drives temperatures up a lot. Just not worth

12hoken
01-15-2021, 10:39 PM
Fnas shoot to 100% for no reason? what was the temperatures at that time? were you able to control fans with afterburner? I can force software control of the fans and take full control of them in afterburner. Asus GPU Tweak allows this as well of course but its just too buggy to me. I guess it hardly matters now as youve already sent the card off. I woulda hate to have to rma a card over a fan issue. Just a shame really. Hope they get it sorted for you....these cards are not cheap.

I finally decided to disable software fan control and now just letting the fan use its own default curve and I find it works just fine, now that i moved my system to a new case that has fantastic air flow. At 108% power limit the card sits at 67/68 c full load. (Hitting around 420w power draw) I find that 105-110% power limit is the sweet spot for the card where you hit 2k ghz+ speeds in many games without needlessly driving up temperatures. 123% power limit adds little improvement in performance but drives temperatures up a lot. Just not worth

Temps were always around 34C-40C when the fans would ramp up randomly. From the monitoring i did it seemed to be voltage going above 40-50w that triggered the fans. I didn't have much luck with Afterburner/Tweak controlling or dialing down the fans on either bios mode unfortunately. I didn't even try overclocking as the fans would max out so randomly and loudly.

I really really (reeealllyyyy) didn't want to RMA the card but two things sealed that decision for me.
1-My wife, who works in the same office asking why is my computer so loud all the time and when will it stop.
2- Putting my gigabye Vision 3090 back in and not experiencing any of the same issues at all. Wish i didnt sell the Vision so quick, at least my PC would be up and running while Asus figures out the RMA.

12hoken
01-22-2021, 09:29 PM
Well my RMA arrived to Asus Thursday 1/14. Today i finally got an email from their repair office stating my card is undergoing diagnostic testing, but could face delays due to Covid.
Hopefully it's just something simple like a bios or fan controller, something tells me extra white 3090s aren't just laying around.

neuralclone
01-30-2021, 08:05 PM
Well my RMA arrived to Asus Thursday 1/14. Today i finally got an email from their repair office stating my card is undergoing diagnostic testing, but could face delays due to Covid.
Hopefully it's just something simple like a bios or fan controller, something tells me extra white 3090s aren't just laying around.

I was wondering if you had any update on this yet? I ask because I have a 3090 Strix White and am having EXACTLY the same problems. It's crazy annoying and the fans are clearly not working as they should. I'm going to have to RMA is myself with sucks :/ *

12hoken
02-03-2021, 06:50 PM
Fyi to anyone reading this.

Today I received a replacement card and it is night and day different compared to my first. Fans aren't at 100% 24/7, are controllable, bios switch works, way less coil whine...overall what you'd expect from a normal card. After 2-3 weeks of frustration I'm very happy.

Included in the box with the new card was an invoice stating direct replacement, no repair due to boot/hang no display on any port. So not sure what happened but sounds like my old card completely bit the dust.

Speaking of the shipping box, that's all it was...a plain cardboard box, no padding, no cushion, no foam around the actual video card. Just a cardboard box and a video card loosely sliding around inside. Why Asus felt that is the best way to ship a 2,000 dollar card is beyond me, fortunately it arrived undamaged.

Krzywy
02-13-2021, 11:42 AM
Unfortunately I have same card and very similar issue. Almost every boot/wake from sleep my ROG STRIX 3090 WHITE is trying to fly away based on noise (temps are around 35-40 degrees Celsius), each "episode" of this issue is taking roughly 10-20 seconds. Sometimes (but not that often) same thing is happening while web browsing/watching youtube or gaming, however it does not always happen when gaming.

When I've run furmark with GPU usage of ~100% temps were at 78-80 degrees Celsius, but fans were behaving correctly (they were audible, but many times quieter). When tried to update VBIOS it gave me "Your graphic card no need to update VBIOS!".

Currently my card is on it's way back to the shop i bought it from and from what I understood they will send it to either ASUS or some ASUS authorized service. Regardless it looks like it will take at least a month until I will see my card or replacement back, especially since seller told me that even though they did ordered those cards delivery date is unknown. And knowing how the warranty is working they will wait for the reply from ASUS service before they will order replacement card for me.

For anyone curious, here is link to video showing the issue while waking PC up from sleep: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J7egphmqQ0ia-XNID1twMtoiXrmi7ppd/view

12hoken
02-17-2021, 04:33 AM
Yup, sounds like my first card on every boot, restart, any light usage at all....fans would just take off and stay maxed for 10-15 seconds. Glad you are getting yours taken care of.

Unfortunately I have same card and very similar issue. Almost every boot/wake from sleep my ROG STRIX 3090 WHITE is trying to fly away based on noise (temps are around 35-40 degrees Celsius), each "episode" of this issue is taking roughly 10-20 seconds. Sometimes (but not that often) same thing is happening while web browsing/watching youtube or gaming, however it does not always happen when gaming.

When I've run furmark with GPU usage of ~100% temps were at 78-80 degrees Celsius, but fans were behaving correctly (they were audible, but many times quieter). When tried to update VBIOS it gave me "Your graphic card no need to update VBIOS!".

Currently my card is on it's way back to the shop i bought it from and from what I understood they will send it to either ASUS or some ASUS authorized service. Regardless it looks like it will take at least a month until I will see my card or replacement back, especially since seller told me that even though they did ordered those cards delivery date is unknown. And knowing how the warranty is working they will wait for the reply from ASUS service before they will order replacement card for me.

For anyone curious, here is link to video showing the issue while waking PC up from sleep: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J7egphmqQ0ia-XNID1twMtoiXrmi7ppd/view

Blake@ROG
04-08-2021, 08:00 AM
Hello Krzywy,
May you send your product to our service center?
Please PM me your SN and RMA number and I will track your case.

Hello 12hoken,
May you PM me your SN as well?

Thank you so much.

Way™
04-09-2021, 10:07 AM
Having some fan issues on my ASUS ROG STRIX 3090 Gaming OC as well. Whenever the temperature goes over around 70deg/c the fans spin up to 100% regardless of the fan profile i am using.

I've set a custom linear fan profile and have tried both Afterburner and GPU Tweak II with the same result. Fans constantly spinning up and down ignoring the custom profile. You can see from the GPU-Z sensors that the fan % stays constant, however the fan RPM shoots up drastically.

Any suggestions or input welcome, I have logged a ticket with ASUS support and hoping they are able to point me in the right direction.

I've made a short clip of what it does once it reaches 70 deg/c while gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkNVngAZrCM

Krzywy
04-09-2021, 07:29 PM
Hello Krzywy,
May you send your product to our service center?
Please PM me your SN and RMA number and I will track your case.

Hello 12hoken,
May you PM me your SN as well?

Thank you so much.

Hi Blake,

I can't send you RMA number, because it was handled by shop i ordered my card in (I will send you my SN via private message though). Regarding my RMA, apparently ASUS didn't found any faults with my card and it was send back to me. So basically i lost over a month of time without the card for nothing. Today I 've updated VBIOS to version 3 which was suppose to enable resizable bar support. After updating VBIOS my card even under light load is constantly ramping the fans. Wierdly enough every monitoring software I tried including GPU Tweak is reporting that left and right fans are not spinning (0 RPM is show), middle fan can spin 1000 RPM even when GPU temp is at 26-27 degree Celsius (hot day is like 30+ degrees Celsius).

Here is screen from GPU Tweak monitor. All 3 fans are going. I've tried using MSI Afterburner to control the fans, but unfortunately Left and Right fans are currently uncontrollable for me.

Edit: Correction, I will send you RMA number as it was on the sticker on the foil wrapping of the GPU.

Krzywy
04-09-2021, 09:03 PM
After many restarts and two driver reinstalls card started working "reasonably" quiet. At 60-65 degrees Celsius under medium to heavy load left and right fans are not ramping up to high, while middle fan is simply not spinning at all. Of course my custom fan curves are totally ignored and Left and Right fans are not reporting any RPM at all. Don't know how much impact on this was caused by me putting a power/temp limit on a GPU. Yeah, it seems to me like currently my middle fan is tied up to power limit on my card, as it just do nothing on my custom curve, even though it should spin at at least 20-30%, while left and right fans are just doing what they want. When right and left fans rump up it seems like they can't go back down unless i change change the profile to auto for a second.

I really like the aesthetics of the card, especially when I mounted it vertically, but it seems like i can't control it at all.

EDIT:
Some videos showing fans ignoring my custom curves.

NOTE: Posts on this forum can have only one embedded video, that's why some of them are just links.

Here we can see that left and right fans are going even though they shouldn't (temp is low, custom curve tells them not to go that high), you can't see it here, but middle fan is also ignoring custom curve, but in the other way, it stays in 0 RPM even when temps are going up and it should spin.

https://youtu.be/TUoIT-ilSEg

Here fans are spinning relatively high even though temps are low and nothing is happening, no game is being played, even browser was not opened.

https://youtu.be/hxYzHXfF4ZU

Waking PC after ~11 hours of being in sleep mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjNntCMuWfg

Overall my findings are:

I can't really control fans at all, left and right fans aren't even reporting their RPM's (GPU-Z can sometime pick up speed % of them, but basically only when user defined fan curve is turned OFF). Middle fan is working in a seemingly random way. There are times, when only middle fan is turning, and there are times, when left and right fans are trying to fly my GPU off the case, while middle one is chilling there not spinning at all.
When I do some light usage, like web browsing, fans are mostly not spinning at all, however turning any game on, even when the GPU usage is under 50% is certain to ramp the fans to the point, where you can easily hear them even with headset on. And the problem is, that often fans will not turn off even when game was long closed and temps are back at ~30-35 degrees Celsius.

Weird thing is, that before yesterday, when I updated VBIOS I could at least control fans to a certain degree. But now fans are just doing what they want.

I've ordered EKWB water block for STRIX 3090 and was hoping to deal with the issue by building custom water loop for my GPU, especially since my RMA was closed stating "NO TROUBLE FOUND", but I'm willing to postpone installing my new block and send it to the service centre yet again as per Blake post if I will know, that this time it will not be sent back to me working like it is now.

EDIT2:

Here is a video made during nvida driver installation (old driver was removed using DDU in a safe mode). As soon as the driver is installed fans started to spin, at very high RPM, seemingly for no reason.

https://youtu.be/xrhR0WpqfA4

Blake@ROG
04-12-2021, 07:21 AM
Hello Krzywy,
Thank you for providing more information.
So after you update VBIOS, you have reinstalled all the drivers?
If so, may you share the drivers you install and it's version? (Display driver, MSI after burner, GPU tweak...)
If not may you help to reinstall them?

Please also enter these drivers and set the fan curve back to "default".
Please share with us how does your fan spin under default setting, we will further dig in this.
We would also need the program you are running in the back ground as well, to reproduce the scenario.

Also, please be informed that Fan 1 is Left&Right fan , Fan2 is middle fan,
please double check of both Fan 1 & 2 are set up.
Thank you so much.

Krzywy
04-12-2021, 07:23 AM
One more video. All fans where synchronized to use same custom curve, however as we can see their behaviour is different. Middle fan is constantly turning on and off, while left and right fans were spinning. The temps were at around 40-42 degrees Celsius, so just at the 30% speed point as seen on the screenshot below.

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mzZslRfP24

Basically what it seems to me is that i can in theory control temperature point when fans start spinning (at least left and right usually starts to spin at the temperature i set to be on the 30% speed line), however when left and right fans starts to spin, they can only increase their RPM. So for example, when temps go up to 70 degrees Celsius, left and right fans will ramp up to 60% speed (but their RPM or speed % is NOT reported in any software), but when the temps go back down left and right fan will not slow down. Only way for me to stop them is to wait for the temps to fall below 35 degrees and turn off the custom curve or restart the PC. Middle fan is a mystery to me, as it sometimes spin, and sometimes it is idle. When it spins it is working like on above video, constantly turning on and off.

Turning off the custom curve and letting card use "factory" settings means that fans will ramp up at low temps (using factory settings is allowing left and right fans to report their speed % (constant 53%) but not RPM). In "factory" fan settings middle fan seems to work in a stable RPM (it is not turning on and off like while on custom curve).

Also, the issue with fans ramping up without clear reason is very random. So, sometimes it is ramping up on boot/wakeing up from sleep, but sometimes it does not. There are times, when I can browse the web, watch netflix/youtube for few hours without any problems, and sometimes fans are spinning like crazy. I have not found a reliable way to recreate the issue, however it is very frustrating.

Any advice is welcome, since I've run out of ideas what can i do, to control my GPU the way i want.

Krzywy
04-12-2021, 07:53 AM
Hello Krzywy,
Thank you for providing more information.
So after you update VBIOS, you have reinstalled all the drivers?
If so, may you share the drivers you install and it's version? (Display driver, MSI after burner, GPU tweak...)
If not may you help to reinstall them?

Please share with us how does your fan spin under default setting, we will further dig in this.
We would also need the program you are running in the back ground as well, to reproduce the scenario.

Also, please be informed that Fan 1 is Left&Right fan , Fan2 is middle fan,
please double check of both Fan 1 & 2 are set up.
Thank you so much.

Hi Blake,

After updating VBIOS i've used DDU to remove nvidia driver and reinstalled it (465.89-desktop-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql).
MSI Afterburner I use is in version 4.6.3 (I've tried 4.6.2 too, but there were no difference).
Regarding GPU Tweak, I've tried GPUTweakII-Version2303 and GPU Tweak III (latest beta version).

I've reinstalled both GPU Tweak and MSI Afterburner after VBIOS was updated.
I'm aware about Fan 1 being Left and Right combo, and Fan 2 being Middle one.

Can you elaborate a little about "program you are running in the back ground"?
Thanks in advance.

Krzywy
04-12-2021, 07:03 PM
H

Hi Blake,

You have asked how my fans works using "default" settings. Well, when using default settings even under light/medium load fans start spinning with 53% fans speed, which translates to 1000RPM on the middle fans, and much higher RPM on the left and right fans (when looking at the fans while they spin you can tell, that left and right fans are spinning much faster, however as seen on the below video and screenshot, "Fan1" is not reporting any RPM). Basically this is the lowest speed (and quietest) as they go. Increasing the load on the GPU is simply increasing the fan speed % and RPM. On the below screenshot you can see that there was a moment, where the fan speed % was higher compared to the time the screenshot was taken (it was at 57-58%, which translated at ~1150 RPM on the middle Fan). As can clearly be heard on the video the quietest the GPU work under load is still pretty damn load. It can be easily heard while wearing headphones and in many times is really unnecessary for the fans to be going this high. I really don't get why those fans can't spin with speeds lower than 1000 RPM for the middle fan and what seems like 1500+ RPM for left and right.

GPU-Z screenshot:

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUbmy5fztWc

EDIT:
Also it seems like while using default settings fans are spinning high (and loud) on the boot/waking up the PC more frequent compared to when I was trying to control them myself.

Blake@ROG
04-14-2021, 02:49 AM
Hello Krzywy,
Thank you so much for your detail description.
Please kindly send your card to our service center.
We can discuss further and detail information in PM.
Thank you very much.

Krzywy
04-14-2021, 12:45 PM
Hello Krzywy,
Thank you very much.

Hi Blake,

Thanks for the follow up. I've asked one question via PM. Also, I have already mounted my old STRIX 1070 while preparing 3090 for RMA, and even with over 2000 RPM my old 1070 is quieter than 3090, so I'm guessing that those not reported RPM on Left and Right fans are way over 2000.

dolofsson
06-24-2021, 04:02 PM
Hi Blake,

Thanks for the follow up. I've asked one question via PM. Also, I have already mounted my old STRIX 1070 while preparing 3090 for RMA, and even with over 2000 RPM my old 1070 is quieter than 3090, so I'm guessing that those not reported RPM on Left and Right fans are way over 2000.

Hi,

I've just installed my new 3090 ROG Strix OC White, and I have the exact same issues.
Left and right fan spinning up to max, making the card really loud. Can sometimes control them in GPU Tweak, but most of the time not.
Temps are great, but fans out of control and really loud... I'm in silent mode now, 29 degrees and fans are at full speed but showing 0 in the utility.
I also notice that my middle fan is fiddling a bit, but maybe that's because that one seems to be able to spin slower.

Any other suggestions?
Btw, mine was this loud/spun like this even before I installed the Nvidia driver.

BR
/David

Krzywy
06-24-2021, 04:52 PM
Hi,

I've just installed my new 3090 ROG Strix OC White, and I have the exact same issues.
Left and right fan spinning up to max, making the card really loud. Can sometimes control them in GPU Tweak, but most of the time not.
Temps are great, but fans out of control and really loud... I'm in silent mode now, 29 degrees and fans are at full speed but showing 0 in the utility.
I also notice that my middle fan is fiddling a bit, but maybe that's because that one seems to be able to spin slower.

Any other suggestions?
Btw, mine was this loud/spun like this even before I installed the Nvidia driver.

BR
/David

Hi dolofsson,

To be honest I do not have any more suggestions. I have sent my card to the reseller on 15-April, they have passed it to Asus Repair Center where my card was tested and apparently there was "something wrong with the thermal module". After that I received info that my card have to be replaced, unfortunately it is not that easy to replace product which is sold out everywhere, but today (no kidding) after over 2 month since I sent my GPU I received an email that new card has been shipped to me. I should receive the package around Wednesday next week as it will have to travel half a Europe . I really hope that replacement card will be working without any issues, because I don't know if I will have patience to RMA it again. Normally I would advise you to RMA your card as clearly it is not normal behaviour, but from my experience you may be stuck without your card for very , very long. Sorry that I can't be more helpful

dolofsson
06-24-2021, 05:24 PM
Hi dolofsson,

To be honest I do not have any more suggestions. I have sent my card to the reseller on 15-April, they have passed it to Asus Repair Center where my card was tested and apparently there was "something wrong with the thermal module". After that I received info that my card have to be replaced, unfortunately it is not that easy to replace product which is sold out everywhere, but today (no kidding) after over 2 month since I sent my GPU I received an email that new card has been shipped to me. I should receive the package around Wednesday next week as it will have to travel half a Europe . I really hope that replacement card will be working without any issues, because I don't know if I will have patience to RMA it again. Normally I would advise you to RMA your card as clearly it is not normal behaviour, but from my experience you may be stuck without your card for very , very long. Sorry that I can't be more helpful

Thanks for the swift reply.
Maybe they sold me your RMA. Ÿ˜

Jokes aside, it's really frustrating. The only thing I can think of now when I have unplugged the card is to check the P/Q switch so that it is in p-mode, or I could try bios upgrade.
But from how they described the issue in your RMA, it sounds like a hardware issue..

My plan was to run custom loop with water block, but I don't think I could risk that with a card that then might have hardware issues..

There are no replacements in stock from vendors here unfortunately, which is really a rough situation since I just bought a new computer so now I'm lacking a gpu. These times..

Krzywy
06-24-2021, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the swift reply.
Maybe they sold me your RMA. 😁

Jokes aside, it's really frustrating. The only thing I can think of now when I have unplugged the card is to check the P/Q switch so that it is in p-mode, or I could try bios upgrade.
But from how they described the issue in your RMA, it sounds like a hardware issue..

My plan was to run custom loop with water block, but I don't think I could risk that with a card that then might have hardware issues..

There are no replacements in stock from vendors here unfortunately, which is really a rough situation since I just bought a new computer so now I'm lacking a gpu. These times..

I want to make a custom loop as well, EK waterblock is waiting since early April, but I want to be sure that my card is not defective. That is the reason why I did decide to RMA my card, and now I'm really worried that replacement card will be defective as well. And yeah stock shortage is no joke. I was told by my reseller that in whole month of May they received 2 white 3090's. So far in June the only one they got is my replacement card. Probably they would not receive any if it wasn't for a replacement as apparently those have higher priority (still I had to wait few weeks for it to be delivered to my retailer).

dolofsson
06-24-2021, 10:03 PM
Hello Krzywy,
Thank you very much.
Hi Blake,

Has any solution emerged on this or is it RMA procedure next for me?