PDA

View Full Version : Armory Crate+ Corsair ICUE problem after BIOS update

Nero666
02-01-2021, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure if this is an Asus or Corsair issue but I updated my ROG Strix B450-F Gaming to BIOS 4204 and it broke something in the RGB department.

My Strix graphics card and peripherals work normal in ICUE but I can't control my mobo in there anymore. It is detected but changes made in ICUE software have no effect. Aura Sync in Armory Crate app work like normal. I have reinstalled both applications and I can't make motherboard controls work neither for the ROG logo or the case connected to the RGB header. Any idea?

Minh Le
02-01-2021, 12:44 PM
Same here, with Z490 E-Gaming. I think it's an Armoury error. This error comes after an Aura Services update and when I uninstall Armoury, install Aura Sync (standalone version), everything works perfectly.8774787748

jonlarson
02-01-2021, 09:31 PM
I also have this problem with the latest update. ROG 3080 Strix is fine and working, but the Strix Z490-E Motherboard is frozen and doesn't respond to iCue anymore. I uninstalled Armoury and it still does not want to cooperate.

That said, my sleep-state error seems to have been resolved!

Minh Le
02-01-2021, 10:18 PM
I also have this problem with the latest update. ROG 3080 Strix is fine and working, but the Strix Z490-E Motherboard is frozen and doesn't respond to iCue anymore. I uninstalled Armoury and it still does not want to cooperate.

Install Aura Sync can resolve this problem. But Aura Sync cant recoginze Strix 3080

Nero666
02-02-2021, 05:37 AM

Perhaps that you can install standalones Aura Sync and Aura Sync for graphics card but I don't know if it support RTX 3000... Until this is fixed.... ICUE must be connected to Aura Sync (Armory Crate) by means of plugins by the way so both must be installed.

JoSoFine
02-03-2021, 11:40 AM
there was an update to one of the armory services and this has broken the iCUE sync with the plugin.
And i can't get it to work with any older version/the old Aura Sync.
According to Corsair Asus made the plugin and they would have to update it to get it to work again

Ghost_Recon131
02-06-2021, 08:59 AM
I had the same problem and Asus support isn't helpful with the issue. Tried the standalone Aura program but that crashes on launch. Wish they would test their programs before pushing it out.

ghostrider419
02-06-2021, 01:16 PM
I am going to repost my corsair forum post.

I have the same problem. My Asus Prime Pro x470 appears in iCue but the lights just freeze when the plugin is active. Whats weird is my Asus tuf 3070 is working and that is also going through Aura.
I have reinstalled Armoury Crate a few times, restarted, disabled all Asus services, but the motherboard lights will just not do anything. I can get the 3070 to work with Aura or iCue, just not the MB.
I am using Plug-in v. 1.2.1.0.

Later:
I just tried the .dll from this thread https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192965 and it worked.
I disabled the plugin in iCue and replaced the .dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins\ASUS with the one from Asus Plugin.zip. I also renamed the zip .dll from asus_motherboard_plugin.dll to asus_plugin.dll, I don't know if that was necessary. Then renabled the plugin in iCue. The version from the zip file is 1.0.4.0
Of course the my GPU no longer shows up, but I just proved (to myself) that something is wrong with plug-in 1.2.1.0 and my MB.

Also I stopped all Asus services and figured out that the Asus Com Service is the only one iCue needs to control the MB. Armoury Crate will not start properly without its service running, but I don't use that software anyway.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=203757
Corsair employee said "You will need to reach out to Asus regarding the plugin being out of date or not working as it should properly as that plugin is developed and provided by them. "

Ghost_Recon131
02-06-2021, 10:16 PM
Later:
I just tried the .dll from this thread https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192965 and it worked.
I disabled the plugin in iCue and replaced the .dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins\ASUS with the one from Asus Plugin.zip. I also renamed the zip .dll from asus_motherboard_plugin.dll to asus_plugin.dll, I don't know if that was necessary. Then renabled the plugin in iCue. The version from the zip file is 1.0.4.0
Of course the my GPU no longer shows up, but I just proved (to myself) that something is wrong with plug-in 1.2.1.0 and my MB.

I just tired this and got the same result, I might test installing an earlier version of iCue and see if that gives a plugin newer than 1.0.4.0 but older than 1.2.1

Edit: iCue v3.36.125 has plugin v1.2.1 (same as iCue 3.37.140)

Nero666
02-07-2021, 12:07 PM

I have the same problem. My Asus Prime Pro x470 appears in iCue but the lights just freeze when the plugin is active. Whats weird is my Asus tuf 3070 is working and that is also going through Aura.
I have reinstalled Armoury Crate a few times, restarted, disabled all Asus services, but the motherboard lights will just not do anything. I can get the 3070 to work with Aura or iCue, just not the MB.

Later:

Also I stopped all Asus services and figured out that the Asus Com Service is the only one iCue needs to control the MB. Armoury Crate will not start properly without its service running, but I don't use that software anyway.

Corsair employee said "You will need to reach out to Asus regarding the plugin being out of date or not working as it should properly as that plugin is developed and provided by them. "

Can confirm.

Did the same steps and got the same result.

fr33sp1r1t
02-08-2021, 12:00 PM
The only problem I find with using the older plugin is that it crashes ICUE on resuming from sleep.

ghostrider419
02-08-2021, 11:32 PM
Can we get an Asus rep to look into fixing this plugin?
Corsair said Asus supplies them with this plugin so I would have to contact them.

Also if anyone cares about all those Armoury crate and Asus programs running in task manager. They are all scheduled tasks and need to be disabled there. It took me forever to find out how they kept starting.

Ghost_Recon131
02-09-2021, 04:42 AM
Can we get an Asus rep to look into fixing this plugin?
Corsair said Asus supplies them with this plugin so I would have to contact them.

I feel like there's a big lack of communication between customer support and their software teams. Taken almost a week before customer support got to "I have further escalated this case to check with the Internal Team."

Syranetic
02-11-2021, 11:18 PM
Broke my whole lighting setup... Z490 / Strix 3080... mobo no longer works.

Between Asus and Corsair its like they just want me to rip out my hair over RGB. Next build I am never going to do a single light again. It appears its harder to make working RGB software that's intuitive than it is to launch a moon mission.

john.awad
02-19-2021, 12:23 PM

Later:

Yep, can confirm too.

PerfectCr
02-21-2021, 07:41 PM
Yep, can confirm too.

What is the solution to this? Wait for Asus to fix it?

Nero666
02-22-2021, 02:54 PM

Basically.

Minh Le
03-02-2021, 12:09 PM
Any new updates? :(

mdzcpa
03-07-2021, 11:25 PM
I have found it is best to run 2 apps. iCUE without plugins for Corsair devices, and Armory Crate for the Asus mobo, GPU and RAM. Yes, it is 2 things to change, but its pretty easy to do. Less headaches for sure.

Ghost_Recon131
03-08-2021, 12:10 AM
Any new updates? :(
There was a motherboard RGB service update in Armoury Crate Updates section about 3 days ago but hasn't worked for me.

Peyman1354
03-08-2021, 09:43 PM
armury crates broke my mb maximus xi hero z390 rgb control .,in aura works perfect but cant control rtx 3080 rgb ..why asus just didnt add 3080 rtx to aura?
so we didnt have to use this crappy crates software.,and no one fixing this?
asus software is the worse i ever seen with no responde from asus.

Tobbs182
03-09-2021, 12:02 AM
I've had my B550-F and Asus RTX video card rgb being controlled through iCUE but since the update now the mobo rgb does not comply with iCUE anymore... I've tried everything that's been suggested thus far and it seems the only solution is for ASUS to fix this integration. I hope they do it soon.

Tobbs182
03-09-2021, 05:19 PM
Update: I just installed new AMD Chipset drivers and now all of a sudden my gfx card won't listen to iCUE anymore either along with my mobo. Not sure how they are related...

hawkhandler
03-14-2021, 05:03 PM
same issue. really annoying. following thread and hoping it gets fixed soon. RGB is more hassle then it's worth. even just using Corsair alone can be frustrating. what year is this?

lLegendaary
03-14-2021, 05:31 PM
I uninstalled armoury crate .
until asus care about BIOS + APPS for price reason .
They have a lot of good component but for the update they are not even close to MSI

BigJohnny
03-16-2021, 03:06 AM

Just don't hold your breath. Could be years or never. If they were really interested there wouldnt be a plugin and all this could be done fro the MOBO and not have to use Ique. But even before Corsair RGB fans came into existence the AURA software couldnt even run strips (non addressable) and the MOBO.

Minh Le
03-16-2021, 04:17 PM
Update: I dont know ICUE 3 v3.38.61 (03/15/2021) can solve this problem or not but ICUE 4 v4.9.338 (03/16/2021) fixed this. Everything is working now.

Ghost_Recon131
03-16-2021, 09:30 PM
Update: I dont know ICUE 3 v3.38.61 (03/15/2021) can solve this problem but Corsair ICUE 4 v4.9.338 (03/16/2021) fixed this. Everything is working now.

Thanks for the heads up, mobo is in sync again after almost 2 months lol.

BigJohnny
03-17-2021, 06:25 AM
Update: I dont know ICUE 3 v3.38.61 (03/15/2021) can solve this problem or not but ICUE 4 v4.9.338 (03/16/2021) fixed this. Everything is working now.

Did nothing for me, same boat R6EE. just set everything to color cycle and MOBO still doesnt show up.
Doesnt matter at this point. As of tomorrow all ASUS peripherals are gone. Going all corsair and if the default reainbow wave on the MOBO bugs me Ill shut the crap off. Done messing with it.

fr33sp1r1t
03-17-2021, 12:50 PM
ICUE 3 v3.38.61 does indeed solve the problem (iCue 4 seems to have an issue finding things after sleep for me).

BigJohnny
03-17-2021, 10:02 PM
Problem solved. ASUS core keyboard and spatha mouse pulled, PG35VQ on internal lighting. Using last 3 series of IQue. Last Aura (NOT CRATE) installed without ever launching it and the plug-in from the IQue forum. Now I can at least do the MOBO. Liking the Corsair K100 keyboard a lot more as well as the dark core RGB pro mouse. Sitting on an M800 RGB mouse pad. Add one more freaking ASUS product to the mix and it takes a bit old crap. So long ASUS expensive a$$ keyboard and mouse. Should be simple and seamless. I could get it to pull in GPU cards but I’m not using what on the card. I have heat killer blocks with addressable RGB that with an adapter plugs right into a Corsair addressable controller and works perfectly. Like I want to add more problems? I’d love to get the monitor working and may try crate one more time without everything else if I get bored and have hours to get rid of all traces of it when it fails. May say screw it and just turn those off and order the Corsair kit that mounts to back of monitor.*

Tobbs182
03-22-2021, 12:30 PM
After installing iCue 4 and doing a clean reinstall Armory crate the mobo and gfx card are back in sync finally.

adtither
06-08-2021, 05:55 PM
Looks like the latest update to Armory Crate has broken the ICUE sync to the motherboard again....

PerfectCr
06-10-2021, 05:09 PM
Looks like the latest update to Armory Crate has broken the ICUE sync to the motherboard again....

I noticed that too. I gave up on trying to use iCUE to control the lighting. Very frustrating Asus and Corsair cannot work more closely together on this.

Ghost_Recon131
06-14-2021, 11:13 PM

Is that the 4.1.6.0 update?