PDA

View Full Version : HELP Screen Always Blackout

RobinJack
04-02-2012, 01:20 PM
it keeps saying display adapter had encountered error but have recovered, anyone else is encountering this?

dstrakele
04-02-2012, 04:10 PM
1) What model ASUS laptop is giving you this error?

2) What version video driver (from Device Manager) are you currently running?

RobinJack
04-03-2012, 04:18 AM
Hi bro my laptop is Asus G74SX with Nividia GTX560M

dstrakele
04-03-2012, 04:46 AM
It sounds like you experienced a Timeout Delay Recovery (TDR) error. This occurs when the video driver fails to respond for 2 seconds. Windows then resets the video adapter and reports the error you observed, rather than throwing a BSOD. These TDR errors can result from many causes.

If I were in your situation, I'd do the following:

1) Use DPC Latency Checker (http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml) to confirm you don't have latency issues on your system. These can lead to delays in your video driver resulting in TDR errors.

2) Uninstall your current video driver from Control Panel. Reboot into Safe Mode and use Driver Sweeper to remove any NVIDEA video driver remnants. Consider using CCleaner to clean up the registry. Then install the video driver that came stock with your system or the most stable WHQL video driver for your laptop model (I would choose version 285.62 in your case). I recommend installing it from Safe Mode to disable any running drivers that may potentially interfere with your video driver installation.