PDA

View Full Version : Asus Maximus Extreme XII Z490 - Intel Core i7 11900k - Bios 2004 MB cant power on !

mmolletit
03-01-2021, 03:06 PM
As iam always an early adopter, i had a rare chance to get my hands on an 11700k early and first i tried with already installed 2002 on my MB. It was very bugged, booting took 30 seconds till i saw a picture, IF i got a picture at all, trying to OC fails immediatly, couldnt alter few settings in the bios like Sync all cores to 53, as soon ive set it to 53 it revereted back to 50 automatically. My 3090rtx was powered with X16 1.1... so i decided to flash the newest firmware 2004 with bios flashback but after i saw the Updating Intel ME and the screen turned black and the mainboard switched off, its impossible to power it on again... its not starting anymore. I did flashback several times now ith 2004, always the same result. No starting of the Mainboard.

Asus, PLEASE !!! if you put something into public, test it yourself before doing so ! you make ENOUGH money on a Mainboard which was 990€. I expect quality not only in Hardware but also in the Software you put on your boards.

update: i fixed it by updating BOTH bios on the board.

Saltgrass
03-02-2021, 04:54 PM
Update to post noted..

Falkentyne
03-05-2021, 04:04 AM
As iam always an early adopter, i had a rare chance to get my hands on an 11700k early and first i tried with already installed 2002 on my MB. It was very bugged, booting took 30 seconds till i saw a picture, IF i got a picture at all, trying to OC fails immediatly, couldnt alter few settings in the bios like Sync all cores to 53, as soon ive set it to 53 it revereted back to 50 automatically. My 3090rtx was powered with X16 1.1... so i decided to flash the newest firmware 2004 with bios flashback but after i saw the Updating Intel ME and the screen turned black and the mainboard switched off, its impossible to power it on again... its not starting anymore. I did flashback several times now ith 2004, always the same result. No starting of the Mainboard.

Asus, PLEASE !!! if you put something into public, test it yourself before doing so ! you make ENOUGH money on a Mainboard which was 990€. I expect quality not only in Hardware but also in the Software you put on your boards.

update: i fixed it by updating BOTH bios on the board.

Thank you for the heads up.

So the proper method is to update both main and backup BIOS to 2004 via regular or USB flashback, with any Comet Lake CPU installed, then update the ME in windows to the latest version posted on these forums? And then after both main and backup are fully updated, then switch to the RKL chip?

Is the problem with the ME in 2004 itself, or the BIOS updating an older ME with RKL installed, that crashes and shuts off due to an incompatibility with pre-2004 ME + RKL?

Saltgrass
03-05-2021, 06:14 PM
If I am ever able to obtain a new processor, I was going to update everything prior to changing out the processor. But I would prefer not to do a clean install, so I am thinking of setting my system up for the change by turning off Win 10 Fast Startup and setting the system to startup in Safe Mode, which hopefully, allow driver changes without going into the Recovery tools.