PDA

View Full Version : Q-Code D6 when XG32VC monitor connected to DisplyPort

RandomChain
03-02-2021, 09:39 PM
Hey guys,
I have a Maximus XI Hero WiFi motherboard with a EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU.
Been using a XG32VQ monitor until now and everything was working great.

Recently I got a XG32VC monitor, tried connecting both monitors to the 1080 with DP cables.
But this makes BIOS fail to load, it shows Q-code D6 ("No Console Output Devices are found") for a second, then continues to boot the OS.
This only happens when the XG32VC is connected with DP, if I disconnect the VC and leave only the VQ, or if I use HDMI instead, BIOS loads normally.
I don't see any other GPU issues. Once the OS boots, both monitors are fine. I tried swapping DP cables and connecting to a different port on the GPU, doesn't help.

I'm duel booting Pop!_OS and Windows 10 with systemd-boot, if it matters.

Is there anything I should check/do? Other then keep using HDMI, I'd much rather use DP as HDMI won't let me set 170Hz refresh rate.

Blake@ROG
03-12-2021, 06:03 AM
Hi there,
Is you current BIOS 1802?
Thank you.

RandomChain
03-14-2021, 09:21 AM
No, I'm still using 1602. Didn't notice there was a BIOS update, I'll try to install it and check if it helps.

RandomChain
03-14-2021, 10:31 AM
Updated to 1802, doesn't solve the issue.

RandomChain
03-20-2021, 01:21 AM
Somehow I got the BIOS loading when I reboot from Pop!_OS, but when rebooting from Windows 10 I still get the D6 error.
I was playing around with different DP cables and swapping ports on the GPU, and also updated kernel to 5.11.
Still don't know what's causing this issue or what I did that fixed it. I thought it may be related to the refresh rate but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Perhaps it's something related to the OS, but I have no idea what it can be.