PDA

View Full Version : Maximus XIII Hero #2 ethernet port not working full speed

MaLLoc
03-06-2021, 11:54 AM
both ethernet ports provided on the board are exactly the same , i decided to use the number 2 port and my 200mbps internet speed tested at 120mbps max on the average if it wasn't lower, i had ethernet port #1 disabled in bios , after calling the cable company up complaining , i decided to chance check the #1 port and it worked at my internets provider full speed.

anyone know why ? or do i happen to have a bad #2 ethernet port

Edit : i happen to just notice in Device manager setting under advanced that these settings are different for what ever reason between the 2 ports.

WORKING PORT
energy efficient -- off
interrupt moderation rate -- Low
Receive Buffers -- 1024
Transmit Buffers -- 1024
Wake on Link Settings -- Forced

NOT WORKING PORT
energy efficient -- on ( when system is in SO. SOix and sx)
interrupt moderation rate -- Extreme
Receive Buffers -- 256
Transmit Buffers -- 512
Wake on Link Settings -- Disabled

Saltgrass
03-07-2021, 02:43 PM
I don't have that board so can't check mine but I see nothing in the user manual that might explain why the ports are set up differently.

Possibly, the 10th gen processor is involved or they set them like that in case you had some type of connection that might work better with those specific settings.

I will have to look up what SO (SOix and sx) means..

Bodzio0
03-21-2021, 05:50 PM
Hi,
I had the same problem but on both Lan cards. I've used settings from your working card and now both of my cards are fixed. Thank You for sharing your finding.

"WORKING PORT
energy efficient -- off
Receive Buffers -- 1024
Transmit Buffers -- 1024
Wake on Link Settings -- Forced"

Legolas
03-26-2021, 06:50 PM
both ethernet ports provided on the board are exactly the same , i decided to use the number 2 port and my 200mbps internet speed tested at 120mbps max on the average if it wasn't lower, i had ethernet port #1 disabled in bios , after calling the cable company up complaining , i decided to chance check the #1 port and it worked at my internets provider full speed.

anyone know why ? or do i happen to have a bad #2 ethernet port

Edit : i happen to just notice in Device manager setting under advanced that these settings are different for what ever reason between the 2 ports.

WORKING PORT
energy efficient -- off
Receive Buffers -- 1024
Transmit Buffers -- 1024
Wake on Link Settings -- Forced

NOT WORKING PORT
energy efficient -- on ( when system is in SO. SOix and sx)
interrupt moderation rate -- Extreme
Receive Buffers -- 256
Transmit Buffers -- 512
Wake on Link Settings -- Disabled

Please switch the same cable from 1st port to second port? Ensure the settings are exactly the same on second port.
What router did you use? Do you use the same port for #2 ethernet port? Both the ports are the same, so it should work the same way.