PDA

View Full Version : Todays update (4.0.8.0) is constantly using ~15% of CPU [Resolved]

Quelen
03-29-2021, 02:24 PM
Like in topic,
There was background update today, it turned off my Wi-Fi, then when I've checked task manager, the CPU usage by Armoury Crate User Session Helper is sitting on 14-15% of CPU usage. Rebooting did not solved this, neither killing the process (it loads again after 10s and it's doing the same ting.
Platform -> laptop GX701GXR, Windows 10 Edu 20H2 ver.

AtGrigorov
03-29-2021, 02:27 PM
Same here on G731GW.

http://i.imgur.com/bDgJeH6l.png (https://imgur.com/bDgJeH6)

petrosstelios80
03-29-2021, 03:38 PM
mine is running at normal cpu usage but under updates it tells me to restart to apply but it doesn't apply them leaving it in a constant loop

lLegendaary
03-29-2021, 03:54 PM
Mine can't update all device kit seems like glitching ?

aecsmith
03-29-2021, 04:03 PM
Same as above, can't update devices, reboot as prompted and install has not worked. My Ryujin AIO Fans are also on full blast, because I can't control it via Armoury Crate

MarcioTB
03-29-2021, 04:32 PM
Same as above, can't update devices, reboot as prompted and install has not worked. My Ryujin AIO Fans are also on full blast, because I can't control it via Armoury Crate

Identical problem here! The kits don't update!

alejo0121
03-29-2021, 04:34 PM
Same here, after the update one cpu core is at 100%. The process eating the CPU is Armoury Crate User Session Helper. I've tried the following:

Restarting Armoury Core service: Problem persists
Killing Armoury Crate User Session Helper process: Problem persists
Opening and closing Armoury Crate: Problem persists
Logging in and out of the user section in Armoury Crate: Problem persists
Disabling background updates for the Armoury Crate app in Windows: Problem persists

That's basically all of the options I found on the web to fix the issue and none works, for now I just set the profile I wish in armoury crate and then kill the service.

Laptop: FX505GT

Leyland1994
03-29-2021, 04:41 PM
I am also unable to update any device & Components. Ask to restart after update but still needs to update. Unable to use anything as it needs updating this is since Version 4.0.8.0

filbee
03-29-2021, 04:50 PM
Same here - G713QR. Can't shut the service off as it rises from the grave like a zombie. Constant 9-10% CPU usage and driving my temperatures up so its runnig at 65 "idle". Might try removing / reinstalling an earlier version.

dcbryantmjkda
03-29-2021, 06:06 PM
I haven't gotten this update yet. Wonder if it was perhaps pushed back? Even if i manually run a check for updates.

AtGrigorov
03-29-2021, 06:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zGdeNEfm.png (https://imgur.com/zGdeNEf)
This is my temporary solution to this same old problem coming to live again.
Rename the "ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper.exe" to something else (in my case changing the file extension)
The pros:
- no more 15% CPU usage as the process is not started.
- Armoury Crate works and the profiles (Windows, Turbo, Performance, Silent) are available and applicable.
The cons:
- Dedicated buttons on the keyboard for changing profiles and launching Armoury Crate are not doing their job, but Armoury Crate can be started through its shortcut, which I keep in Start menu.
- System configuration and App configuration windows in Armoury Crates are blank.
- Aura Sync is also not starting.

Anyway, I don't care for the things not working as I only use the Profile changing option for Fans control and my Lightning profile is as I left it before, even after restart. Will leave it like this until a fix is released. The last time it took a month to ASUS.

Groumph
03-29-2021, 09:53 PM
Hello

I have update recently the application in version 4.0.8.0 i have the same problems and i can't update software kit because i have the applications looping every time i search a solution in services to fix it : amoury lite service is disable when i click start service i have an error 1053 service not respond please update a fix

LeoLim
03-30-2021, 04:42 AM
Same for G531GT, ASUS did not test the program before releasing?

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.0.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.5.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.32
Armoury Crate service 4.0.12
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.0.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.0.33
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.29
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.0.29
AacAudioHal 1.2.1
AacDispaly 1.1.21

Milán
03-30-2021, 06:45 AM
Same for G531GT, ASUS did not test the program before releasing?

Same issue here. G531GU. CPU load at 22%...

I hope they fix it soon.

soulburn74
03-30-2021, 07:54 AM
Same issue as everyone else on a GU502LW.
I've stopped the service and disabled it for now......

dcbryantmjkda
03-30-2021, 09:04 AM
I finally got the update. I'm not at the 15% CPU but am cranking about 9%.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.0.8.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.5.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.35
Armoury Crate service 4.0.12

Something I noticed very quickly though is that right off the load the CPU RPM fan speed DID show up this time.

JiggityJon
03-30-2021, 09:06 AM
Same problem on the FX505DT. The only "solution" is what others were doing and that is to change the name of the Session Helper executable and wait.

vitalyplatoff
03-30-2021, 02:03 PM
Finally! Problem is gone! Thank you ASUS )) Today i have install new - ASUSSystemControlInterfaceV2_ASUS_Z_V3.0.2.0_13203 - and today was updated MyASUS :o:o

AtGrigorov
03-30-2021, 06:03 PM
Finally! Problem is gone! Thank you ASUS )) Today i have install new - ASUSSystemControlInterfaceV2_ASUS_Z_V3.0.2.0_13203 - and today was updated MyASUS :o:o

Thanks for the info. Saw your post and checked immediately. All is fixed now.

Foxseiz
04-02-2021, 05:28 AM
After installing this version, it won't detect my mobo and ram and rgb headers. can't control any of my lights now... This software is so broken. tsktsk.

MasterC@ROG
04-13-2021, 12:16 AM
Do you guys have the performance mode enabled or disabled for smoother lighting effects?

AndrasROG
04-13-2021, 08:10 AM
Do you guys have the performance mode enabled or disabled for smoother lighting effects?

Mine was always enabled since it was added -- I haven't tested it with it turned off.

More importantly, as it is a trend with the versions of AC:

Such severe issues seem to fix themselves in the span of a few days (after the release of a new AC version) [except the handle leaks/ EAC false flags xd]... at least for me that is.

I used to have increased CPU utilization of that same process, although the utilization was slightly below 10% since I have a beefy CPU

MasterC@ROG
04-13-2021, 10:30 AM
To be clear, the CPU usage for the background process "Armoury Crate User Session Helper" has already been resolved. The CPU usage for LightingService is the background service which could ramp up if Performance Mode is enabled, if disabled, then expect 1-2% loading.

FlufflePuff1337
04-16-2021, 09:18 AM
I had to reinstall cos rgb kept glitching now i have high cpu usage like constant 4% while it was 0% before

If i uncheck memory usage go's down to 0,2% if i check it go's up to 4%

edit: manage to uninstall everything including g skill rgb software components but it installed with glitchy memory rgb i even verified before installation to make sure the ene file is missing in driver folder within system32, armoury crate really is a mess i really wanna go back to perfectly working armoury crate again and lightningservice that uses 0% cpu usage on my 3900x, and a rgb that does not adress memory as one big bar instead of 4 invidual bars like it does on default rgb profile on cold boot before any software is ran however then i have no control at all and that is even worse.

FlufflePuff1337
04-17-2021, 02:38 PM
Im stuck in an update loop again today on 2021/03/24 update can you fix your update servers already...............

Al3xG
04-17-2021, 02:54 PM
Im stuck in an update loop again today on 2021/03/24 update can you fix your update servers already...............
Ive already sent the issue to support team but no result yet. Mine is stuck on version 1.01.04 of all my devices. And i can't even open my devices tabs it tells me to update but update is looping. (

FlufflePuff1337
04-17-2021, 03:06 PM
Ive already sent the issue to support team but no result yet. Mine is stuck on version 1.01.04 of all my devices. And i can't even open my devices tabs it tells me to update but update is looping. (

Forum is broken to i hit quote and it quotes nothing, yes i have same issue you just described im bassicly stuck now and with glitchy rgb and high cpu usage as result of memory sync, i wanna strangle some one now at Asus they been bullying me for years even banned without warnings, they simply do not give a **** about their sorry state of their software team, the community manager is selectively responding to one person then ignoring everyone else, Asus clearly has a problem they keep this up they may as well file for bankrupcy this is in no way acceptable behaviour from a company everyone has high expectations from.......

Mine just says update rog strix x570-e gaming 1.1.26 and just downloads repeatly restarts rgb and then says there is an update again non stop im gonna uninstall again reinstall as many times until it works, and if it does't work i will go ****ing kill my self cos i ****ing hate this ****ing world where vaccine priority just means pausing all vaccines you eligible for **** this world **** asus and **** everyone................ especially current community manager that should obviously be fired due failing at its job, he cant even ****ing post a new ****ing thread for the new armoury crate issues for **** sake wake the **** up community manager, you not communicating at all.

Peyman1354
04-18-2021, 02:20 AM
After installing this version, it won't detect my mobo and ram and rgb headers. can't control any of my lights now... This software is so broken. tsktsk.
same issues .cant detect my mb maximus hero xi 390 rgb + rgb header :(

FlufflePuff1337
04-18-2021, 09:53 AM
same issues .cant detect my mb maximus hero xi 390 rgb + rgb header :(

i reinstalled like 10 times yesterday with uninstaller with 1 time it only detected memory and not the rest like mainboard, it seems the installer if it cannot download everything it will just skip and then the app ends up in a updating loop trying to download update files for your motherboard non stop repeatly failing, which eventually worked after uninstalling and reinstalling again after a lot of pain and wasting time.

FlufflePuff1337
04-26-2021, 05:06 PM
is the extra cpu usage just being ignored with lightningservice.exe this is really awfull the cpu usage remains unchanged regardless of performance mode being on or not, you bassicly hiding behind excuses stop it and just fix your software, the complaints wont stop until you fix whats broken.

AliAPCMR
05-04-2021, 08:43 PM
My issue is when i leave my pc off for a long periods of time such as over night and i wake up the next morning the static colour that I have set when i turn my pc on changes to rainbow. But when if i turn thr pc on say after a few hours or minutes the RGB settings work as they should on both occassions I flip the switch from the mains, I am loosing the will to live here, I have re installed armoury crate, re installed the OS, set my colour to the one i wanted and removed the software and on every try when i turn the pc of overnight and i wake up in the morning the RGB has turned to rainbow rather then my static colour green. I only have rainbow enabled on shutdown so, the pc when i flip the switch to turn it on should show rainbow, then when i press the power button it should turn to green but it doesnt it stays on rainbow