PDA

View Full Version : AXE-11000 5G doesnt appear everytime

Loxnar
03-30-2021, 03:41 AM
Pretty much what the title says...I don't mess with network settings much but bought a new PC that is 6E capable so I was excited to get this router...I realize 6E will take time to be able to use but the 5G is very intermittent...sometimes i reboot and I never see the 5G band populate in my WiFi list, and it will also not be listed on my iPhone.

Settings wise I didn't do anything except name each band and password protect it. I expected more out of a $600 router...anyone got suggestions? or additional information I can provide to help me troubleshoot....OH, i thought it was my network card in my laptop, and replaced it, but I am getting the same issue.

Saltgrass
03-30-2021, 11:49 AM
The 5 GHz signal on my router was much stronger than the 6 GHz.

The first thing to try is put your receiving as close as possible to the router to make sure nothing is interfering. When you list available networks, the 5 GHz SSID does not show up, even at the bottom of the list? Are you having any problems with the 2.4 GHz radio?

The 6 GHz radio is available but you have to make a registry change to be able to see it. I do not know when that will be done through Win 10 updates..

I can't think of anything offhand that would cause you 5 GHz signal to not function correctly. Do you have any type of special setup, such as AiMesh?

Loxnar
04-10-2021, 06:41 PM
The 5 GHz signal on my router was much stronger than the 6 GHz.

The first thing to try is put your receiving as close as possible to the router to make sure nothing is interfering. When you list available networks, the 5 GHz SSID does not show up, even at the bottom of the list? Are you having any problems with the 2.4 GHz radio?

The 6 GHz radio is available but you have to make a registry change to be able to see it. I do not know when that will be done through Win 10 updates..

I can't think of anything offhand that would cause you 5 GHz signal to not function correctly. Do you have any type of special setup, such as AiMesh?

This issue occurs whether I am 2 feet away from the router or 20 feet away from it. It happens across all 4 PCs I have as well as my iPhone...the 5G seems like it takes 3-5 minutes to appear on any device when I am looking at WiFi networks available...although sometimes it seems completely random. The 2G band has zero issues and is always readily available.

Blake@ROG
04-15-2021, 07:39 AM
Hello Loxnar,
may you share some screenshot of your setting? or provide feedback log through the router GUI?
and please refer to below FAQ
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1030641/
If you set your 5G control channel form Auto to a specific one.
you may use Apps like wifi anlyzer to find the channel with less interference.
Let me know if the issue gets better.
Thank you very much.

Saltgrass
04-18-2021, 01:12 PM
This issue occurs whether I am 2 feet away from the router or 20 feet away from it. It happens across all 4 PCs I have as well as my iPhone...the 5G seems like it takes 3-5 minutes to appear on any device when I am looking at WiFi networks available...although sometimes it seems completely random. The 2G band has zero issues and is always readily available.

I have started seeing the same thing on the AX11000 but don't have the AXE11000 running right now. I will see the 2.4 GHz network but that is all for a minute or so. But once I do see it and it connects, it seems to be fine with a good signal in the next room..

I did get the 6GHz radio working on the AXE11000.. Do a search for the phrase "Is6GhzBandEnabled" to find the instructions. A registry modification is required.