PDA

View Full Version : V3 BIOS Rog Strix RTX 3090

JronMasteR
03-30-2021, 03:09 PM
No Video Output after the update. Just got it back working by switching from Q mode to P mode.
Thanks a lot ASUS

JronMasteR
03-30-2021, 03:23 PM
Ok soo, even if you Z390 motherboard does support resizable bar, the ASUS BIOS does not support it.
If you have this issue, disable it via BIOS and the card is working again.
Very disappointing...

Edit: After someone on the Videocardz comments told me, turn CSM support off, then it works

sookainian
03-31-2021, 07:09 AM
Do not update, the new firmware just bricked my card. No Video Output after the update. Just got it back working by switching from Q mode to P mode.
Thanks a lot ASUS

Does it mean after the V3 Bios update we cannot run in Q mode anymore ?

I just did an update and i'm having the same issue as you, no video output on Q mode why ?

My motherboard is Z490 I gaming and i've update the motherboard bios to Version 2005. My bios CSM is already turn off by defult. But still showing no video output...

rizzo.ale
03-31-2021, 08:49 AM
yesterday I noticed that asus support made available the new bios v3 for the strix rtx 3090 OC, as soon as you wrote about the problems you had with the bios update, I checked from home and it had been taken off downloads. Today I saw that it was made available again. do you think it's been corrected? I would like to avoid updating and having problems. as for the z490 platform I have a maximus xii formula and the bios remained at the 2004 version, do you think it is necessary to wait for the bios for the motherboard too?

so updating to the bios v3 in slot 1 of the bios, makes the card unusable?

JronMasteR
03-31-2021, 10:31 AM
I was a bit hasty yesterday. For me, after figuring out what the root cause was, the BIOS update seems to be fine.
You need to flash both modes separately, Q Mode and P Mode.

Make sure to disable reBAR in your Bios before you flash, otherwise you may have the black screen issue.
After the GPU Bios is flashed, enter your MOBO Bios and MAKE SURE that CSM is disabled (thanks to Toaster on Videocardz). Otherwise you won't get Video once reBAR is enabled.
At least this is the case on Gigabyte Z390 boards.

reBAR is now working for me With Strix 3090 and Z390 Aorus Xtreme

Cheers

rizzo.ale
03-31-2021, 10:49 AM
I have a rtx 3090 strix oc and a mobo z490 formula with bios already updated to the 2004 version. tonight I will try to get into the bios, disable the CSM and the BAR, update the drivers to the latest version. I try to flash the GPU bios to the V3 and reboot the BAR and see, I hope I have no problems.

spykeer
03-31-2021, 12:26 PM
I Got The SAME PROBLEM !!!!

I Had Resizable BAR ON before the update.
I'm on the latest BIOS Version for Crosshair VIII Hero (The last version who solve the USB AMD Issues)
I have the latest NVIDIA Drivers
I was on P Profile Mode

I close all applications 3D anything...

I open the RTX3090_V3.Exe
The tool updates it, and at the END > Full black screens
I wait 10 min, and shutdown properly with one little press ON/OFF button.
And i can't boot after that.
Mobo was stuck in 97 Q-Code > "Console Output Devices Connect"

I tried to change the profile to Q MODE on the GPU.
I can now boot, but once on Windows, no more Nvidia Panel loaded, and others screens black, i found the GPU on the Windows Devices manager was Disabled... I enabled it, now others screens works and nvidia Panel, but Only in Q-MODE.

I tried many configurations (Resizable BAR OFF / 4G Decoding OFF / 10 bit Tag OFF / Default BIOS Settings) Every time, when i'm in the P Mode (which is updated with V3.exe) the PC Won't boot !

Help me pls ! What can i do now....

Why no Readme/Todo with this tool preventing all theses ! If it was writed somewhere, i could put Resizable bar off before updating !!

sookainian
03-31-2021, 04:27 PM
I Got The SAME PROBLEM !!!!

I Had Resizable BAR ON before the update.
I'm on the latest BIOS Version for Crosshair VIII Hero (The last version who solve the USB AMD Issues)
I have the latest NVIDIA Drivers
I was on P Profile Mode

I close all applications 3D anything...

I open the RTX3090_V3.Exe
The tool updates it, and at the END > Full black screens
I wait 10 min, and shutdown properly with one little press ON/OFF button.
And i can't boot after that.
Mobo was stuck in 97 Q-Code > "Console Output Devices Connect"

I tried to change the profile to Q MODE on the GPU.
I can now boot, but once on Windows, no more Nvidia Panel loaded, and others screens black, i found the GPU on the Windows Devices manager was Disabled... I enabled it, now others screens works and nvidia Panel, but Only in Q-MODE.

I tried many configurations (Resizable BAR OFF / 4G Decoding OFF / 10 bit Tag OFF / Default BIOS Settings) Every time, when i'm in the P Mode (which is updated with V3.exe) the PC Won't boot !

Help me pls ! What can i do now....

Why no Readme/Todo with this tool preventing all theses ! If it was writed somewhere, i could put Resizable bar off before updating !!

Im also having the same problem as you.

I did the same steps as you did. And now my P mode cant boot and just black screen. BIOS CSM is disable by default and rebar Enable....

spykeer
03-31-2021, 05:34 PM
Oh man! What a mess!!!

But! Hey! I get it done! I'm actually booted on Performance Mode with the ReBAR Patch, and Resizable BAR ON in the Nvidia control panel !

I don't know if u have to do everything i done, but try it !

Need to comeback to Quiet Mode VBIOS2 to be able to boot
Disabling the card in device manager
Switching when Windows is loaded to Performance Mode VBIOS1
Protectoff the card with nvflash64
Found an Old BIOS in TechPowerUP VGS BIOS Collection
Flash an old Bios in CMD with nvflash64
Go TO MB BIOS Disabling Above 4G Decoding
Go TO MB BIOS Disabling PCI-e 10 bit tag Support
Go TO MB BIOS Disabling Re-Size Bar Support
Go TO MB BIOS Disabling SR-IOV Support
Go TO MB BIOS Disabling 'another config that i don't remember the name'
Boot to Windows
Re-downloading the Tool ResizableBAR from Asus
Check SHA256 of it if it match the announced SHA256
Stay the GPU in disabled in Windows Device Manager
Launch the ReBAR tool of Asus but w8 in the first dialogBox
Exiting all programs including explorer.exe
Continue the launch of the reBAR Tool
Ending the tool properly with a Reboot
Boot to Windows to Enable the Card With the Disabled MB BIOS ResizableBAR Configs
Try if the card works once Enabled in Windows Device Manager.
Leave it Enabled.
Shutdown
Boot to BIOS
Go TO MB BIOS Enabling Above 4G Decoding
Go TO MB BIOS Enabling PCI-e 10 bit tag Support
Go TO MB BIOS Enabling Re-Size Bar Support
Go TO MB BIOS Enabling SR-IOV Support
Go TO MB BIOS Enabling 'another config that i don't remember the name'
Boot to Windows.
Check in the Nvidia Control Panel > Help > System Info : If you have resizable BAR enabled
SUCCESS.

When i used nvflash to flashback, it says me the last Flash was corrupted ! So i'm sure it's the main problem here.

Good luck guy, i stay in touch here.

rizzo.ale
03-31-2021, 06:51 PM
hello everyone, I had tried to download the bios v3 yesterday, in the morning it was available on the site, while in the afternoon they had taken it out of the dowenloads. this morning instead it was made available again, then my question is:isn't that the vbersion that was there yesterday on the site was corrupt? and who updated their GPU has uploaded a corrupted bios that from all these issues? on all guides to update the GPU bios no one refers to all these procedures in order to be able toon all guides to update the GPU bios no one refers to all these procedures in order to flash thebios correctly without having any problems. The same asus does not give any indication, let alone on any other siteof other brands mention ...

Quedal
03-31-2021, 09:37 PM
Oh man! What a mess!!!

But! Hey! I get it done! I'm actually booted on Performance Mode with the ReBAR Patch, and Resizable BAR ON in the Nvidia control panel !

I don't know if u have to do everything i done, but try it !

When i used nvflash to flashback, it says me the last Flash was corrupted ! So i'm sure it's the main problem here.

Good luck guy, i stay in touch here.

Thanks but it doesn't work for me.
Return to an old version, disable all in my BIOS, re-update bios, and the same result (blank screen) after enabling resizeBar, if I desable just this option VGA works perfectly but without resizeBar...

Rahzadan
04-01-2021, 05:05 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. No video output & PC will not POST after installing 3090_v3 VBIOS. CSM module is disabled (UEFI BIOS mode).

Running ROG STRIX Z490-G Wifi motherboard with bios version 2005.

If I clear the CMOS and leave Resizable BAR disabled in the BIOS, I can boot fine. If I change ONLY the Resizable BAR setting after a CMOS clear and NOTHING else, PC will not POST. There is definitely something wrong with either the Motherboard BIOS or the VBIOS.

I can also confirm that spykeer's solution above does not work for me.

JronMasteR
04-01-2021, 03:56 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. No video output & PC will not POST after installing 3090_v3 VBIOS. CSM module is disabled (UEFI BIOS mode).

Running ROG STRIX Z490-G Wifi motherboard with bios version 2005.

If I clear the CMOS and leave Resizable BAR disabled in the BIOS, I can boot fine. If I change ONLY the Resizable BAR setting after a CMOS clear and NOTHING else, PC will not POST. There is definitely something wrong with either the Motherboard BIOS or the VBIOS.

I can also confirm that spykeer's solution above does not work for me.

I think at this point you can just wait and hope for a solution. There seems to be more to reBAR than just a driver and Bios support. Even the CSM thing is stupid... The motherboard BIOS should just disable CSM automatically when reBAR is enabled.

Sixie
04-03-2021, 10:34 AM
I think at this point you can just wait and hope for a solution. There seems to be more to reBAR than just a driver and Bios support. Even the CSM thing is stupid... The motherboard BIOS should just disable CSM automatically when reBAR is enabled.

that really depends on the Motherboard manufacturer.....

I have an EVGA Z370 Board... which also recently supported Resizable Bar

when you enable Resizable Bar, it will mention to you that it will then enable 4G as well as disable CSM

but yeah I have the issue on my ASUS RTX 3090 card, after both hardware their bios updated, my system would not POST properly with Resizable Bar enabled.

sookainian
04-04-2021, 06:11 AM
OK ISSUE SOLVED. ISSUE was black screen after Vbios update.

There is no issue with ASUS GPU Bios V3.

Main problem is motherboard bios. DONT USE BIOS VERSION 2005

Downgrade your bios version to 1003 by using the Asus Bios Flashback Button at the rear of the motherboard.

1.Download the bios version 1003 to the USB and rename the file
2. plug to the rear of the motherboard bios USB port
3. Press and hold the bios flash back button 3 sec and wait for it to flash.
4. Wait for it to be done...................
5. Boot into bios, turn off CSM and turn on Rebar.

it's all working now after many days of troubleshooting. When i go into my Nvidia control panel now under system info, rebar show YES.

The black screen issue after Vbios update and rebar enable is caused by the motherboard bios 2005.

DONT USE BIOS VERSION 2005

rizzo.ale
04-04-2021, 10:54 AM
hello everyone, I had tried to download the bios v3 yesterday, in the morning it was available on the site, while in the afternoon they had taken it out of the dowenloads. this morning instead it was made available again, then my question is:isn't that the vbersion that was there yesterday on the site was corrupt? and who updated their GPU has uploaded a corrupted bios that from all these issues? on all guides to update the GPU bios no one refers to all these procedures in order to be able toon all guides to update the GPU bios no one refers to all these procedures in order to flash thebios correctly without having any problems. The same asus does not give any indication, let alone on any other siteof other brands mention ...

hello I updated this morning, all ok mobo Maximus XII formula bios 2004 beta , CMS disabled BAR Disable , updated the bios_v3 of my GPU strix rtx 3090 OC all ok BAR Activate

LOL cyberpunk 2077 + 12 FPS

Sixie
04-05-2021, 05:49 PM
OK ISSUE SOLVED. ISSUE was black screen after Vbios update.

There is no issue with ASUS GPU Bios V3.

Main problem is motherboard bios. DONT USE BIOS VERSION 2005

Downgrade your bios version to 1003 by using the Asus Bios Flashback Button at the rear of the motherboard.

1.Download the bios version 1003 to the USB and rename the file
2. plug to the rear of the motherboard bios USB port
3. Press and hold the bios flash back button 3 sec and wait for it to flash.
4. Wait for it to be done...................
5. Boot into bios, turn off CSM and turn on Rebar.

it's all working now after many days of troubleshooting. When i go into my Nvidia control panel now under system info, rebar show YES.

The black screen issue after Vbios update and rebar enable is caused by the motherboard bios 2005.

it doesnt really solve for users with no ASUS Motherboard but have an ASUS GPU, thats my case

sookainian
04-06-2021, 02:56 AM
it doesnt really solve for users with no ASUS Motherboard but have an ASUS GPU, thats my case

What MB are you using ?

Try downgrading your bios to the oldest rebar supported bios and see how it goes

Silent Scone@ROG
04-06-2021, 07:14 AM
Does it mean after the V3 Bios update we cannot run in Q mode anymore ?

Both VBIOS need to be flashed to V3 in order for REBAR to be enabled on both modes.

Sixie
04-06-2021, 07:36 AM
What MB are you using ?

Try downgrading your bios to the oldest rebar supported bios and see how it goes

unfortunately this is a Z370 chipset (EVGA) , so there is no Oldest Rebar supported BIOS available.

EVGA did take the initiative to support Rebar upto Z370 models, so the current BIOS update is the one and only bios for those boards that support rebar (for now atleast)

Rahzadan
04-06-2021, 02:58 PM
Unfortunately, every method I have tried to downgrade my Rog Strix Z490-G Wifi motherboard from bios 2005 down to BIOS 1003 does not work.

BIOS flashback is not working. Renamed BIOS .CAP file correctly, USB stick formatted FAT32, tried different USB stick, redownloaded BIOS, checked BIOS hash/checksum.. to no avail. Also tried downgrading via Qflash, and I always get a "not a proper BIOS" message. I tried every available BIOS image for the Rog Strix Z490-G Wifi, all the way down to version 0607, and I get the "Not a proper BIOS" message for each one.

As a result, for some reason I am stuck on version 2005, for which ReBAR is not working, as others have noticed as well.

ASUS, please fix bios 2005, or find out why I cannot downgrade my BIOS anymore?

Rahzadan
04-08-2021, 04:42 AM

Ok. After further troubleshooting, I was FINALLY able to downgrade to BIOS 1003 using the Flashback tool. For some reason, I had to do a FULL format on the USB stick. No "quick format", despite all being FAT32, would work.

ReBAR is now working as intended on 1003.

I CAN CONFIRM THAT ReBAR IS BROKEN ON BIOS 2005

Blake@ROG
04-19-2021, 08:07 AM
Dear all,
We are aware of the issue with BIOS 2005 when using 30 series display card.
New BIOS will be released soon.
If you have further concern about this, please PM me your product SN and further detail.
Thank you so much for your feedback.

zedovski
04-24-2021, 01:31 PM
Dear all,
We are aware of the issue with BIOS 2005 when using 30 series display card.
New BIOS will be released soon.
If you have further concern about this, please PM me your product SN and further detail.
Thank you so much for your feedback.

Having similar issues with 2603 bios and Maximus X Hero ... any suggestions where I can dig up more if it's a BIOS issue or something else?