PDA

View Full Version : Vbios V3 3090 Strix No Display

sookainian
03-31-2021, 07:29 AM
I just upgrade my vbios to the latest version with resizable bar.

My motherboard is Z490 I gaming. I've also updated to the latest bios version 2005.

But after enabling resizable bar in bios, now I'm having issue is there is no display output at all even on boot.

Can anyone explain how to solve this ?

CMS is disable if you're wondering...

Silent Scone@ROG
03-31-2021, 08:42 AM
Does the card complete POST and display video signal with REBAR disabled?

Also, did you use the tool found on the support page?

Clear the UEFI via the rear I/O button.*

* https://rog.asus.com/uk/graphics-cards/graphics-cards/rog-strix/rog-strix-rtx3090-o24g-gaming-model/helpdesk

JronMasteR
03-31-2021, 10:40 AM
Hmm, are you running your system in UEFI Mode?
You also need to flash Q Mode and P Mode separately to have the V3 Bios in both modes

rizzo.ale
03-31-2021, 10:44 AM
from what I've seen you have to disable the CSM

spykeer
03-31-2021, 12:56 PM
Got the exact same problem. And i'm affraid to update my 2nd BIOS because it's the only way now to get display...

I'm not sure i'm on the same scenario, because on my first flash i had reBAR enabled. its is the same of you JronMaster?

Did u update the vBIOS when reBAR was enabled the first time?

I'm on UEFI MODE, without CSM, Crosshair VIII Hero, nvidia drivers up to date.

This makes me so affraid now... :'(

rizzo.ale
03-31-2021, 01:15 PM
I believe that at the moment it is unripe unfortunately to update to this bios. although I'm seeing that other gigabyte EVGA partners etc on the forums don't complain about this update. among the features however it does not say that the bios of the V3 video card is compatible with z390.
in other posts I read that they updated the rtx 3090 oc strix card, there are those who said that with a flash they uploaded the bios to both P and Q and had no problems, there are those who say that it loaded only one bios on P and everything works....

HK-47
03-31-2021, 01:59 PM
I update my card yesterday. I enabled resize bar in bios and made sure 4g decode was enabled before running the update tool.

If you are using a pcie riser cable that isnt 4.0 when you update motherboard bios it will reset to 4.0 by default. I get this alot of times and its hit or miss if i get video output during post after motherboard bios has been update. I have to ppwer cycle a few times until I get lucky and get to bios so I can switch to pcie 3.0.

Also you can try to boot with q mode bios then switch to p mode to reflash regular p bios to see if it will boot. If it does try and reflash with the tool.

rizzo.ale
03-31-2021, 02:17 PM
I with the pci rizer cable installed, tells me that the pci is automatic. But so I didn't understand before updating if I have the rizer cable I have to set in pci 3.0 and force it and then update the GPU bios?

HK-47
03-31-2021, 02:38 PM
I would set it to pcie 3.0 before updating or instal the card temporarily without the riser cable if possible before updating just to be safe. Also make sure resizebar and 4g decode is enable in bios prior to updating bios. To find 4g decode easy you can hit f9 and search for 4g.

Also I run the vbios updater with the card p switch only and set my overclocks back to cards default state prior to running the update tool. The sceeen turned black once then come back and asked to restart.

I use the asus riser cable and my card has issues running pcie 4.0 with it. So I always keep it set to pcie 3.0. After mothernoard bios update it defaults back to automatic and this I believe sets it to 4.0 and i cant get post and I get stuck with vga light on post. I then have to power cycle the card a dew times until it decides it wants to boot at pcie 4.0. I could remove the riser cable and instal the card into the slot before updating the bios but my card is under water cooling and i dont want to drain the loop to update bios. My card will boot maybe 1 out of 4 time with pcie 4.0.

sookainian
03-31-2021, 04:11 PM
Does the card complete POST and display video signal with REBAR disabled?

Also, did you use the tool found on the support page?

Clear the UEFI via the rear I/O button.*

* https://rog.asus.com/uk/graphics-cards/graphics-cards/rog-strix/rog-strix-rtx3090-o24g-gaming-model/helpdesk

With REBAR disable, the card is able to post... (need to clear my bios so that rebar is disable)

Yes, i download the vbios from asus support page.

Then how do i get rebar to work ?

sookainian
03-31-2021, 04:14 PM
Hmm, are you running your system in UEFI Mode?
You also need to flash Q Mode and P Mode separately to have the V3 Bios in both modes

Default is already in UEFI mode right ? How do i confirm whether my system is in UEFI mode ? my bios is not the blue screen. Its UEFI Bios Utility (red/black theme)

Do you mean i need to flash Q mode and P mode to V3 bios for rebar to work ?

If i only flash P mode rebar wont work ?

sookainian
03-31-2021, 04:15 PM
from what I've seen you have to disable the CSM

Yes, my CSM is already disable by default...

sookainian
03-31-2021, 04:21 PM
I update my card yesterday. I enabled resize bar in bios and made sure 4g decode was enabled before running the update tool.

If you are using a pcie riser cable that isnt 4.0 when you update motherboard bios it will reset to 4.0 by default. I get this alot of times and its hit or miss if i get video output during post after motherboard bios has been update. I have to ppwer cycle a few times until I get lucky and get to bios so I can switch to pcie 3.0.

Also you can try to boot with q mode bios then switch to p mode to reflash regular p bios to see if it will boot. If it does try and reflash with the tool.

Did you have to flash both P and Q mode before rebar work ?

I'm not using pcie riser. My GPU is plug directly to the motherboard.

I tried download vbios v2 to reflash but it say "your graphic card no need to update VBIOS". How do i downgrade to vbios V2 ?

Quedal
03-31-2021, 04:28 PM
Hello, I encouter the same problem with my 3080 strix.

I flash the both bios, one with resize enable the other when disable, my CSM is disable.

With my strix z490 when I enable resize bar the computer won't boot and stay locked with the white led for VGA problem on a black screen.

All is ok for me, VGA and MB Bios, Drivers is up to date, setting are ok and I can't enable it...

So what is the problem please ?

HK-47
03-31-2021, 05:07 PM
Did you have to flash both P and Q mode before rebar work ?

I'm not using pcie riser. My GPU is plug directly to the motherboard.

I tried download vbios v2 to reflash but it say "your graphic card no need to update VBIOS". How do i downgrade to vbios V2 ?

I just run the update tool with my switch in P mode. I don't use q-mode..so i didn't see the point in it. Also there is no directions stating you need to run it on both so I figured just do the one bios to be safe. I have read on other forums though that you do need to update both if you want resizebar to work with either bios switch.

spykeer
03-31-2021, 05:45 PM
I'm reposting here, to help some people!

I was in the same situation of many people, here is a remind of my first post and what my scenario was :

"I Had Resizable BAR ON before the update.
I'm on the latest BIOS Version for Crosshair VIII Hero (The last version who solve the USB AMD Issues)
I have the latest NVIDIA Drivers
I was on P Profile Mode
CSM Already disabled
No pcie Riser

I close all applications 3D anything...

I open the RTX3090_V3.Exe
The tool updates it, and at the END > Full black screens
I wait 10 min, and shutdown properly with one little press ON/OFF button.
And i can't boot after that.
Mobo was stuck in 97 Q-Code > "Console Output Devices Connect"

I tried to change the profile to Q MODE on the GPU.
I can now boot, but once on Windows, no more Nvidia Panel loaded, and others screens black, i found the GPU on the Windows Devices manager was Disabled... I enabled it, now others screens works and nvidia Panel, but Only in Q-MODE.

I tried many configurations (Resizable BAR OFF / 4G Decoding OFF / 10 bit Tag OFF / Default BIOS Settings) Every time, when i'm in the P Mode (which is updated with V3.exe) the PC Won't boot !"

But, hey, I get it done! I'm actually booted on Performance Mode with the ReBAR Patch, and Resizable BAR ON in the Nvidia control panel !

I don't know if u have to do everything i done, but try it !

I remind u, disable CSM and Connect your GPU without Pci Riser !

Need to comeback to Quiet Mode VBIOS2 to be able to boot
Disabling the card in device manager
Switching when Windows is loaded to Performance Mode VBIOS1
Protectoff the card with nvflash64
Found an Old BIOS in TechPowerUP VGS BIOS Collection
Flash an old Bios in CMD with nvflash64
Go TO MB BIOS Disabling Above 4G Decoding
Go TO MB BIOS Disabling PCI-e 10 bit tag Support
Go TO MB BIOS Disabling Re-Size Bar Support
Go TO MB BIOS Disabling SR-IOV Support
Go TO MB BIOS Disabling 'another config that i don't remember the name'
Boot to Windows
Re-downloading the Tool ResizableBAR from Asus
Check SHA256 of it if it match the announced SHA256
Stay the GPU in disabled in Windows Device Manager
Launch the ReBAR tool of Asus but w8 in the first dialogBox
Exiting all programs including explorer.exe
Continue the launch of the reBAR Tool
Ending the tool properly with a Reboot
Boot to Windows to Enable the Card With the Disabled MB BIOS ResizableBAR Configs
Try if the card works once Enabled in Windows Device Manager.
Leave it Enabled.
Shutdown
Boot to BIOS
Go TO MB BIOS Enabling Above 4G Decoding
Go TO MB BIOS Enabling PCI-e 10 bit tag Support
Go TO MB BIOS Enabling Re-Size Bar Support
Go TO MB BIOS Enabling SR-IOV Support
Go TO MB BIOS Enabling 'another config that i don't remember the name'
Boot to Windows.
Check in the Nvidia Control Panel > Help > System Info : If you have resizable BAR enabled
SUCCESS.

When i used nvflash to flashback, it says me the last Flash was corrupted ! So i'm sure it's the main problem here.

Good luck guy, i stay in touch here.

Rahzadan
04-01-2021, 05:08 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. No video output & PC will not POST after installing 3090_v3 VBIOS. CSM module is disabled (UEFI Mode is on).

Running ROG STRIX Z490-G Wifi motherboard with bios version 2005.

If I clear the CMOS and leave Resizable BAR disabled in the BIOS, I can boot fine. If I change ONLY the Resizable BAR setting after a CMOS clear and NOTHING else, PC will not POST. There is definitely something wrong with either the Motherboard BIOS or the VBIOS.

I can also confirm that spykeer's solution above does not work for me.

sookainian
04-01-2021, 08:12 AM
I just notice this V3 bios screwed up my 3090 strix badly...

my P Mode which have the V3 bios only work with rebar turn off. But i notice now while gaming (COD coldwar) my temps are very high around 82 degrees and the fan max at 1800 rpm.... before the vbios update, my GPU temps is around 74 degree with fan max at 2500 rpm...

Why is my fan max RPM so low now ?

How do i flash back to V2 bios ?

sookainian
04-04-2021, 06:09 AM
OK ISSUE SOLVED. ISSUE was black screen after Vbios update.

There is no issue with ASUS GPU Bios V3.

Main problem is motherboard bios. DONT USE BIOS VERSION 2005

Downgrade your bios version to 1003 by using the Asus Bios Flashback Button at the rear of the motherboard.

1.Download the bios version 1003 to the USB and rename the file
2. plug to the rear of the motherboard bios USB port
3. Press and hold the bios flash back button 3 sec and wait for it to flash.
4. Wait for it to be done...................
5. Boot into bios, turn off CSM and turn on Rebar.

it's all working now after many days of troubleshooting. When i go into my Nvidia control panel now under system info, rebar show YES.

The black screen issue after vbios update and rebar enable is caused by the motherboard bios 2005.

DONT USE BIOS VERSION 2005

rizzo.ale
04-04-2021, 10:50 AM
hello everyone guys, this morning I updated the bios_v3 of my rog strix 3090 oc, everything ok and tidy. on my maximus XII Formula monto ilp bios 2004 beta compatible BAR, I disabled the CSM and BAR from the bios, updated the GPU with the bios_v3, reactivated the BAR on the motherboard everything went well.88261

I don't understand why some motherboards have bios 2005 other 2004 beta, others still bios older , it is possible that the problem as suggested is the MOBO bios

Rahzadan
04-06-2021, 02:59 PM
Unfortunately, every method I have tried to downgrade my Rog Strix Z490-G Wifi motherboard from bios 2005 down to BIOS 1003 does not work.

BIOS flashback is not working. Renamed BIOS .CAP file correctly, USB stick formatted FAT32, tried different USB stick, redownloaded BIOS, checked BIOS hash/checksum.. to no avail. Also tried downgrading via Qflash, and I always get a "not a proper BIOS" message. I tried every available BIOS image for the Rog Strix Z490-G Wifi, all the way down to version 0607, and I get the "Not a proper BIOS" message for each one.

As a result, for some reason I am stuck on version 2005, for which ReBAR is not working, as others have noticed as well.

ASUS, please fix bios 2005, or find out why I cannot downgrade my BIOS anymore?

sookainian
04-07-2021, 10:05 AM
Unfortunately, every method I have tried to downgrade my Rog Strix Z490-G Wifi motherboard from bios 2005 down to BIOS 1003 does not work.

BIOS flashback is not working. Renamed BIOS .CAP file correctly, USB stick formatted FAT32, tried different USB stick, redownloaded BIOS, checked BIOS hash/checksum.. to no avail. Also tried downgrading via Qflash, and I always get a "not a proper BIOS" message. I tried every available BIOS image for the Rog Strix Z490-G Wifi, all the way down to version 0607, and I get the "Not a proper BIOS" message for each one.

As a result, for some reason I am stuck on version 2005, for which ReBAR is not working, as others have noticed as well.

ASUS, please fix bios 2005, or find out why I cannot downgrade my BIOS anymore?

I believe you didn't plug the USB to the flash port and press the rear button.... there wont be any message shown.... it just LED light flashing

Rahzadan
04-08-2021, 02:53 AM
I believe you didn't plug the USB to the flash port and press the rear button.... there wont be any message shown.... it just LED light flashing

I know how BIOS flashback works :) If there is a problem, the LED goes from flashing to solid a few seconds after you press it. If it's working, it continues to flash then turns OFF. I did everything. Tried several USB drives, Formatted FAT32, BIOS correctly named, correct port on Motherboard.

BIOS flashback is not working on any BIOS revisions other than the newest for me on the ROG Strix Z490-G Wifi

If I use BIOS 2005 (so going from 2005-->2005)n then flashback works, but I cannot downgrade...

In addition, if I try to upgrade using EZFlash, I can also go from 2005 to 2005.. It says 2005 is a valid BIOS, but no versions below it are valid.

Rahzadan
04-08-2021, 04:40 AM
The black screen issue after vbios update and rebar enable is caused by the motherboard bios 2005.

DONT USE BIOS VERSION 2005

Ok. After further troubleshooting, I was FINALLY able to downgrade to BIOS 1003 using the Flashback tool. For some reason, I had to do a FULL format on the USB stick. No "quick format", despite all being FAT32, would work.

ReBAR is now working as intended on 1003.

I CAN CONFIRM THAT ReBAR IS BROKEN ON BIOS 2005

sookainian
04-08-2021, 04:02 PM
Ok. After further troubleshooting, I was FINALLY able to downgrade to BIOS 1003 using the Flashback tool. For some reason, I had to do a FULL format on the USB stick. No "quick format", despite all being FAT32, would work.

ReBAR is now working as intended on 1003.

I CAN CONFIRM THAT ReBAR IS BROKEN ON BIOS 2005

Cheers ! :cool:

Asus still dare to say bios v2005 " improve ReSizable BAR compatibility for NVIDIA RTX30 series graphics cards".... more like the other way round....

Blake@ROG
04-14-2021, 10:03 AM
Dear all,
We are aware of the issue with BIOS 2005 when using 30 series display card.
New BIOS will be released soon.
If you have further concern about this, please PM me your product SN and further detail.
Thank you so much for your feedback.

sookainian
04-15-2021, 06:04 PM
Dear all,
We are aware of the issue with BIOS 2005 when using 30 series display card.
New BIOS will be released soon.
If you have further concern about this, please PM me your product SN and further detail.
Thank you so much for your feedback.

When will the new BIOS be released ?

sookainian
05-08-2021, 04:46 PM
anyone tried bios 2103 and gpu v4 ?