PDA

View Full Version : Resizable Bar with EVA video is enabled.

Saltgrass
03-31-2021, 03:50 PM
If you are looking for this enhancement, you will need at least 3 things.

A motherboard Bios which supports it and is turned on in the Bios.

The latest video driver from Nvidia, currently 465.89 or later.

An update to the vBios on the card which should be available on the OEM site, like EVGA.

If you have all three then you should be able to make it work. Mine does on the ASUS Maximus II Hero (Wi-Fi) (Z490).

So far, I understand what it does but have not been able to check if performance has improved..

fubat
03-31-2021, 09:25 PM
If you are looking for this enhancement, you will need at least 3 things.

A motherboard Bios which supports it and is turned on in the Bios.

The latest video driver from Nvidia, currently 465.89 or later.

An update to the vBios on the card which should be available on the OEM site, like EVGA.

If you have all three then you should be able to make it work. Mine does on the ASUS Maximus II Hero (Wi-Fi) (Z490).

So far, I understand what it does but have not been able to check if performance has improved..

Same board as you mate, 465.89 installed, BIOS 2004 for the Maximus XII Hero wifi updated and working. Bios set correctly ie Resizable bar enabled. Evga card bios flashed, still have nothing showing it works?

How the buggery you get it working dude?

Saltgrass
03-31-2021, 10:10 PM
When you update to the latest (1.1.8) Precision X1 it will flash the firmware. You should see a listing with several checkboxes or yellow squares in the Precision X1 window. One of those show "update" on the left, which is an extra step that needs to be completed.

Banditt1976
03-31-2021, 10:45 PM
The boot drive has to be using GPT and not MBR. The BIOS also has to be set to Windows EFI boot mode with CSM disabled for it to work.

Saltgrass
04-01-2021, 01:55 AM
The CSM comment is relevant, especially since my Z490 came with it enabled, for some reason. I set mine to enabled and the Resize bar was disabled.

The other two settings should be standard for these boards.

EDIT: I just noticed, when you turn on Resize Bar in the Bios, it disables the CSM..

fubat
04-01-2021, 05:09 PM
When you update to the latest (1.1.8) Precision X1 it will flash the firmware. You should see a listing with several checkboxes or yellow squares in the Precision X1 window. One of those show "update" on the left, which is an extra step that needs to be completed.

Thanks for the reply Saltgrass.

Ok so the only yellow (exclamation mark) I have in Precision is beside the mobo section.

Like I say the Maximus XII Hero has had the bios (beta 2004) updated and all is well, like wise the VBIOS flashed without issue. C: is GPT and BIOS is also set to EFI.

Still no luck, any other thoughts guys?

Best regards

fubat

Saltgrass
04-01-2021, 06:02 PM
When I enabled the CSM, as mentioned by Banditt1976, I got a yellow comment next to the Motherboard line. I think the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) is in the Boot section at the top.

If it isn't that, make sure Resize Bar is set to on in the Bios and click on just to make sure...

Banditt1976
04-01-2021, 06:32 PM
I said CSM should be disabled, not enabled for it to work.

fubat
04-01-2021, 08:19 PM
@Banditt1976 & @Saltgrass

Many, many thanks guys. I got rebar working. It seems that PX18 didn't want to play ball :mad: After mucho messing around, all is now good, both PX18, GPU-Z and NV control panel are reporting REBAR is enabled.

Sometimes it just takes a long look around to get things done ;)

Thanks again gents !

Regards

fubat

sookainian
04-02-2021, 04:16 PM
@Banditt1976 & @Saltgrass

Many, many thanks guys. I got rebar working. It seems that PX18 didn't want to play ball :mad: After mucho messing around, all is now good, both PX18, GPU-Z and NV control panel are reporting REBAR is enabled.

Sometimes it just takes a long look around to get things done ;)

Thanks again gents !

Regards

fubat

how did you get rebar to work ? when i turn on rebar in bios, my display is just black and cant boot

I've DISABLE CSM... everyone keep saying i know... CSM is disable but still not working...

I've followed this steps: https://edgeup.asus.com/2021/guide-how-to-enable-resizable-bar-on-your-asus-powered-gaming-pc/

Saltgrass
04-02-2021, 06:56 PM
It may depend on the Motherboard and its Bios. I have seen comments regarding Black Screens and possibly related to Z390 boards but if you want to check the extended version of this you can go to the EVGA community. It is already a fairly long thread but there are discussions regarding the different scenarios.

https://forums.evga.com/Resizable-BAR-Support-VBIOS-Update-m3199475-p5.aspx

When you turn it on in the Bios, click on off first just to see what that looks like, then click back to on.. On my Bios it was hard to tell which selection was actually active.

REM48
04-03-2021, 07:08 AM
I noticed the mobo BIOS for the Hero XII and resize bar support is still on beta and hasn't been updated since January. That makes me think a final, stable BIOS is imminent.

Anyone have any word on whether a new BIOS is coming soon?