PDA

View Full Version : Fix to coilwhine on Maximus Hero XIII

Dave2150
04-01-2021, 09:24 PM
EDITED - No current fix. Maximus Hero XIII has really loud idle coilwhine when default C states are enabled. Very annoying.

EncodeGR
04-01-2021, 10:17 PM
Hmm, very interesting, i'll give it a try.

However i've already fixed my coil whine by disabling the C-States of the CPU.
You see, i noticed that my problem was actually the *low* VCore voltage that was applied to the CPU, while idling, especially when idling + moving the mouse.
Maybe your coil whine had a different cause than mine, who knows.

It's good to see that it resolved your problem though, i will re-enable C-States and try it.
Thanks for the update on that topic !

BigJohnny
04-02-2021, 01:45 AM
Hey guys. This is a bit late for those that returned the motherboard already, but I found a solution to the coilwhine issue (that worked for me at least).

I've been using the board for just under 24 hours with my 11900k, and suddenly out of nowhere, I was greeted with bird chirping coilwhine noise, at idle. Rebooted to BIOS, no coilwhine there, so thought it might be software. From past experience with similar issues with GPU's, I went hunting for any software that's been auto installed by windows updates and found this little chestnut:

https://i.imgur.com/nlPa1B1.png

Stop this service, disable it, and the noise completely goes away :) The process that this service starts was also using 4-5% CPU...

P.S. I believe this was installed via Asus Armory, which found it's way onto a fresh Windows10 20H2 install via automatic updates.

Hope this helps someone, Cheers :)

That's AURA lighting service. If you have crate installed RGB effects wont work without it. If you dont care then Id suggest going into windows update advanced options and disable automatic driver updates. Ive never had this download from windows update but its guaranteed if you install Aura or Armory Crate.

Coil Whine is dependent on GPU load. You have something funky going on if you get it at idle. Do you run any HDDs?

Ataemonus
04-02-2021, 08:31 PM
I had this coil whine as well, but the AURA or Armoury Crate or whatever was not installed. So that was not the case with my system at all.
Disabling C-States worked, but I did not want to leave that disabled.
For me, I was using a 10900K, and the whine was only present when playing some video or audio file via some player, otherwise, the YT or whatever, did not produce the same result.

EncodeGR
04-04-2021, 10:29 AM
I'm afraid Lighting Service is not the cause of the problem for me either. I don't even have that service running.
It has to do with low VCore in relation to VID.

EncodeGR
04-05-2021, 08:26 AM
This is clearly a VRM problem related to VCore changes.
I've tested it multiple times. Vcore fluctuations = Coil Whine.

Instead of disabling *all* C-States (which works), i tried a different approach.
I switched from Auto / Adaptive Voltage for VCore to Manual.

As expected, applying a fixed cpu voltage completely removes the coil whine issue.
I will also try to change the "VRM Switching Frequency" in Bios, as many people have suggested that it may solve the problem too.

Silent Scone@ROG
04-05-2021, 08:30 AM
Hey guys. This is a bit late for those that returned the motherboard already, but I found a solution to the coilwhine issue (that worked for me at least).

I've been using the board for just under 24 hours with my 11900k, and suddenly out of nowhere, I was greeted with bird chirping coilwhine noise, at idle. Rebooted to BIOS, no coilwhine there, so thought it might be software. From past experience with similar issues with GPU's, I went hunting for any software that's been auto installed by windows updates and found this little chestnut:

https://i.imgur.com/nlPa1B1.png

Stop this service, disable it, and the noise completely goes away :) The process that this service starts was also using 4-5% CPU...

P.S. I believe this was installed via Asus Armory, which found it's way onto a fresh Windows10 20H2 install via automatic updates.

Hope this helps someone, Cheers :)

This has nothing to do with the Lighting Service and is caused by the change in CPU usage and current demand. Power saving modes can exacerbate it, but you will often always get some noise when there are rapid changes in current.

Saltgrass
04-05-2021, 11:44 AM
I was just wondering, since the board has two 8 pin CPU power connectors, are you using one or both of those?

A month or so ago I complained about the Lighting service keeping the processor running at high speeds. That was eventually fixed, I believe, but I haven't checked lately.

Coil whine can be caused by multiple events. I have seen descriptions of it being so bad on a Dell system that the student could not stay in class when it was happening..

My board will be here maybe Thursday so I will check when I get it set up.

EncodeGR
04-05-2021, 01:27 PM
This has nothing to do with the Lighting Service and is caused by the change in CPU usage and current demand. Power saving modes can exacerbate it, but you will often always get some noise when there are rapid changes in current.

Thank you for clarifying it Silent Scone. It makes sense.
So, let me see if i got this right. If for example i set an OC "By Core Usage" with Auto Voltage + V/F (and C-States Enabled) as follows:

1-core : 53x
2-core : 53x
3-core : 52x
4-core : 52x
5-core : 51x
6-core : 51x
7-core : 50x
8-core : 50x

(ex:) V/F: 0.60v - 1.45v

i should expect some high coil whine, if the application core-usage jumps all over the place, simply because the frequences (and voltages due to V/F Curve) jump all over the place.

However, if an "Sync All Cores" Manual/Fixed OC is applied, Vcore will be fixed, and thus no coil whine should be observed. Am i correct ?
Same thing applies when all C-States are disabled, since VCore stays max.

I wouldn't mind disabling C-States, however the problem is that when i disabled C-States, my "By Core Usage" OC was messed up, locking the boost to the lowest core-ratio. Should have i disabled "specific" C-State(s) or changed "Package C-State Limit" ?

EncodeGR
04-05-2021, 05:43 PM
** UPDATE **

I think i can confirm there is a bug in Z590 Hero Bios, with power saving when OCing using "By Core Usage".
After extensive testing i found that:

"Sync All Core" 50x + Auto Voltage = NO Coil Whine (C-States = Auto).

"By Core Usage" 50x-50x-50x-50x-50x-50x-50x-50x + Auto Voltage = CONSTANT Coil Whine. (C-States = Auto)

The above two OC configurations should result into the same thing, same clocks, same voltage applied. Only "By Core Usage" though results in constant coil whine.

Few Things About "By Core Usage":
It's weird that while all "high performance" / "balanced" / "power save" modes in Windows behave as they should in term of clock speeds (meaning while idle, either: Full Speed / Base Clock / Minimum Clock ), in terms of voltage there is some strange behaviour, resulting in voltage drops to 0.666v in EVERY profile.

Shamino
04-06-2021, 05:07 AM
thi sis being looked into and will be resolved soon

EncodeGR
04-06-2021, 06:46 AM
thi sis being looked into and will be resolved soon

Thank you as always Shamino, much appreciated !

Shamino
04-06-2021, 07:48 AM
can u try this bios to see if the whine is still there?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eknkwm150igpp8u/ROG-MAXIMUS-XIII-HERO-ASUS-0037.rar?dl=0

KotOr368
04-06-2021, 09:42 AM
I noticed some coil whine on my x570 crosshair viii impact and changing VRM switching frequency from Auto to Optimize help a lot. Now i need to have my ears 1cm from board to hear it.

EncodeGR
04-06-2021, 04:54 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eknkwm150igpp8u/ROG-MAXIMUS-XIII-HERO-ASUS-0037.rar?dl=0

Still there. No change for me unfortunately.
Even at stock bios settings without OC it's the same noise, and same problems with windows power modes.
Only Sync-All-Core OC with auto or static voltage or disabled C-States solves the issue and makes power modes work properly.

Ataemonus
04-06-2021, 06:56 PM
I think the ehaviour with power modes is normal.

Ataemonus
04-06-2021, 11:46 PM
Also, just built a system with a TUF Z590 Plus Wifi, updated to the latest BIOS, CPU is a 10700K, all stock, coil whine is more widespread than it is on the M13H I have, meaning it's present almost all the time, although reduced, while on the Hero it was present only in certain scenarios.

Saltgrass
04-08-2021, 05:43 AM
So far, no coil whine on my new system. Running an i9 11900k using the 605 Bios. I am using both CPU power plugs.

No Overclock except I think my 4000 memory is being run at 4700.. Since NVMe drives can be the source of certain noises, I am running a Samsung 980 Pro..

Dave2150
04-23-2021, 08:39 PM

I forgot all about this thread. The day after my post, my coilwhine was back, even with the lighting service terminated, so that clearly wasn't the issue.

If I disable C states, as others mentioned, I get no coilwhine, but I don't want to do this as I want low power idle.

@shamino - I'm using the "0013" BIOS (dated 15th April) currently, still have coilwhine with that (though it did fix my random 'watchdog' BSOD crashes) - is it worth me trying the "0037" version you posted here, since that's presumably older?

Poke13
04-27-2021, 02:31 PM

Hi Shamino,

Is there a solution yet to this Coil Whine issue? That is not a Beta version?

It seems you work at Asus, I am just trying to get a clear answer to what is happening. I already sent my first HERO XIII board back due to the board noise VRM/Coil whine and I got another board and its the same. I tried to contact customer service but there is no phone lines and emails came back to send the back/RMA.

At the moment this situation does not seem right and I would like to know if there will be a fix for this issue.

Thanks

Ataemonus
04-27-2021, 03:00 PM
That is not a BETA version BIOS, it is Alpha version :-) I think that is whay 00 at the begining of the version number means.
As for the coil whine, do not hold your breath, I think all boards have it. My M13H has it, my Z590 TUF Plus WiFi has it as well, in the very same conditions. Thing is, they have totally different VRMs, starting with the controller and ending with the actual coils, powerstages, capacitors, everything is different, except for the coil whine.

pdixon0
04-28-2021, 06:31 AM
Can confirm also getting coil while on STRIX Z590-E, 0704 Beta BIOS, 11700K set at 52,52,51,51,50,50,50,50.

Not so bad on the desktop, noticeable when opening web pages, virtually constant while gaming though. Sounds like crickets.

EncodeGR
04-28-2021, 01:08 PM
I don't wanna sound weird, but something is really wrong with the Z590 Asus motherboards and Rocket Lake.
Don't get me wrong, i love Asus products and their quality. But i didn't have coil whine in the beginning, until i installed the i7-11700K.
Then problems start appearing and getting worse day after day...

Don't know what is going on, but it feels like the CPU is actually causing damage / degredation to the VRMs of the motherboard, or the motherboard just can't properly handle the CPU. I mean i have no other explanation.

I also don't like the fact that Bios updates take that long, with many things still not working properly, and the latest one being *BETA*.

And then this:

"ASUS does not give any warranties, whether express or limited, as to the suitability, compatibility, or usability of the UEFI, its firmware or any of its content. Except as provided in the Product warranty and to the maximum extent permitted by law, ASUS is not responsible for direct, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from using this beta BIOS."

I don't know, it's just weird.

Saltgrass
04-28-2021, 02:53 PM
I don't wanna sound weird, but something is really wrong with the Z590 Asus motherboards and Rocket Lake.
Don't get me wrong, i love Asus products and their quality. But i didn't have coil whine in the beginning, until i installed the i7-11700K.
Then problems start appearing and getting worse day after day...

If I understand, you ran a 10th Gen processor on the board for a while? I suppose some thought might be given to that situation being involved with your system.

I guess I am lucky, I do not have the coil whine and I never ran a 10th Gen on this board.

I did not purchase this board until a couple of weeks after the 11th Gen processors were released. I got the impression this board was not available for about two weeks just before I purchased it. Perhaps some changes were made in the assembly line..

Ataemonus
04-28-2021, 05:09 PM
I tried quite a few Z590 motherboards from ASUS, they ALL, without exception, had/have coil whine. I very much doubt there are some that have no coil whine, perhaps one just does not hear it.
It's there with 10th gen, with 11th gen, no matter, and it's quite faint in normal situations, but obvious when the CPU runs at Turbo speeds but with low or no load, hence low VCore. Like...High Performance power scheme and idle, or some such scenario.
Also, as I mentioned above, it does not seem to be related to the componentes used in the VRM.
If I were to speculate, I would say it's related to how the high frequency and low VCore are handled by BIOS, and could be fixed with a BIOS updated, OR could simply be how Intel design specs are.

TasmaN
04-29-2021, 05:54 PM
BIOS 0707 (Hero XIII) - no changes, coil whine still here.....I hope it can be fixed by new bios...don't want to make RMA and spend time....

Shamino
04-29-2021, 06:46 PM
https://www.overclock.net/threads/overclocking-11700k-11900k-results-bins-and-discussion.1777365/post-28784139
0801 adds acoustic noise mitigation option, search for it,
enable it and
try slow slew rate fast/4

Ataemonus
04-29-2021, 06:58 PM
Thank you, Shamino.
Can this be available for the other Z590 boards from ASUS ?

TasmaN
04-29-2021, 11:07 PM
https://www.overclock.net/threads/overclocking-11700k-11900k-results-bins-and-discussion.1777365/post-28784139
enable it and
Acoustic Noise Mitigation - Enabled
IA VR Domain - True or False/ Fast/4
GT VR Domain - True or False Fast/4
SA VR Domain - True or False/ Fast/4
Tried different options, no effect. What exactly we should do?
https://i.ibb.co/Vwzn1zy/IMG-0417.jpg (https://ibb.co/Vwzn1zy)

Ataemonus
04-30-2021, 07:15 AM
Also, I have a feeling that the coil whine is related to the iGPU. Or rather, the iGPU VRM.
This should be easy to verify with either an F CPU, or even better, with an APEX board which is lacking the iGPU VRM part.

KotOr368
04-30-2021, 09:47 AM
Also, I have a feeling that the coil whine is related to the iGPU. Or rather, the iGPU VRM.
This should be easy to verify with either an F CPU, or even better, with an APEX board which is lacking the iGPU VRM part.
Apex 13 coil whine too soo...

Ataemonus
04-30-2021, 01:33 PM
OK, so not related to the iGPU VRM then.

Poke13
05-01-2021, 11:12 PM
enable it and

Thank you for coming back to us Shamino. I tried the 0707 BIOS and there is still Coil Whine. I have not yet tried the 0801 version but from what someone else has already said it seems that this does not fix this issue either (Board is Hero XIII).

I personally want to start using this computer properly for work as well as gaming but feel in a bit of a rut to be honest with the coil whine issue, I am not happy with the noise it seems excessive for a £450+ board.

I was looking forward to the experience of building a new PC and this really has taken the edge off.

Will it be possible for BIOS changes to fix the coil whine or is this something that is inherently going to be part of this/these board/s? (I am on still on the fence slightly as to whether I send the board back/RMA).

Thanks

mijingakure
05-02-2021, 04:34 PM
Also using XIII Hero here, PSU is Corsair RM850x, GPU is Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super, 2 WD SATA HDD , 1 Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD on M.2_3 slot, I have no coil whine on first day of completing build and running, both 8pin CPU is plugged on the motherboard, BIOS was 0232, updated to 0605, no coil whine either, I am very picky, sensitive and high standard to noises, so my environment is always quiet as it needed to be, right now most obvious noises that I can hear from the case is my NZXT Z73 AIO Cooler pump and that is also quiet enough (I had to get my head closer to the case to be able to hear it). So could anyone with this motherboard and coil whine issue record it, upload to Youtube and let me hear it so I can know what kind of coil whine noise is it and double triple check if my motherboard have this kind of noise for you guys.

Ataemonus
05-02-2021, 05:30 PM
If you can hear the pump, that is not even close to quiet. The most obvious noice, when the CPU is in idle and coil whine is to minimum, is the bubbles in my Pepsi can. Otherwise, I have to get very close to the case to hear the coil whine, but the fans in the system are literally un-hearable, at least by me.
Coil whine becomes noticeable in certain conditions, described previously.

mijingakure
05-02-2021, 07:20 PM
all AIO pump always have noise, it depands your standard, perhaps your level of quiet is when you attach your ear to the pump and you still can not hear anything, then thats a different story, my pump's noise isnt that noticable at all, i think you are being particular to what I said, what I meant is there is minimum noise i can hear from my case , if wanting to pick a noise that I can hear, it would be the pump, AND I have to get my head very close to the case to hear it, are you telling me theres no noise at all from your case , no noise from you fan or cooler, even when you get your head very close to the case ? and you can only hear your coil whine ? I am very keen to hear your silent computer if you can record and put it up on youtube, if you still dont understand then theres nothing i can do, I am just trying to help. to add more information, i am also running 10900k, c-states auto, asus armory installed. what audio/video player are you using that you can hear coil whine when audio/video are played? what cpu cooler are you using, how many fans do you have in your case? and what rpm , dba are they? if i put a coke can on my table of course the bubble would be the loudest thing in my room as well, much louder than my pump if you still dont know how quiet my pump is, anyway why don't you record the coil whine and put it up on youtube ?

anyway I've heard coil whine from 1 of my old old graphics card many years ago, also seem youtubers video like Linus showing coil whines, i know what kind of noise that is, and i was very uncomfortable to hear it and if i can hear anything like coil whine, i would definitely notice it since i hate it and i am very senstive to it, was what i meant.

Ataemonus
05-02-2021, 08:32 PM
Well, there are 3 possiblities.
1. Your board has no coil whine, which I doubt, honestly.
2. You cannot hear the coil noise, as it's usually faint and not very high pitched, due to the pump or other noises.
3. You cannot hear the coil noise because your hearing is not picking up the frequency, it happens, with age one starts hearing some frequencies but stop hearing others.

mijingakure
05-02-2021, 08:39 PM
ok yeah yeah i will just leave it to you then, its always other people's problem not yours, i've seem some ppl like your kind, just wanna say instead of judging every XIII Hero board have coil whine like yours or judging other people's hearing problem. perhaps you should try different PSU or GFX, and also google it, yes there are few posts that saying they have coil whine also but ii've also seem other posts saying their XIII Hero doesn't have coil whine either, just because you have it does not mean everyone else must have it, if others not have it then it must be other people's hearing issue wow, okay lol

Ataemonus
05-02-2021, 08:46 PM
I loled, thank you for that.

blukas69
05-02-2021, 08:51 PM
The only coil whine i notice is on boot up only. benching gameing or surfing web. its quiet.
really noticeable on boot for me only.

Poke13
05-04-2021, 04:03 PM
@Shamino / All

Is there any way to talk to a member of the technical team about the coil whine issue? I really want to know if there is any fix that can be done.

Thanks

Shamino
05-04-2021, 04:16 PM
@Shamino / All

Is there any way to talk to a member of the technical team about the coil whine issue? I really want to know if there is any fix that can be done.

Thanks

may be helpful if you open a support case through the regular channel

Poke13
05-04-2021, 06:32 PM
may be helpful if you open a support case through the regular channel

Hi Shamino,

I already contacted customer support via email and they sent me one method to try to fix which did not work, the next step they said was to RMA the board.

My question is, is it possible to actually have a conversation with someone in the technical department about this issue?

The coil whine to me is that bad that I may as well have put spinning hard drives in my build as the noise is a bit like the tracking head on a HDD. Not really acceptable in my eyes and I am sure others too.

Ataemonus
05-04-2021, 06:43 PM
I agree with above, but ... what can one do ?
I have several ASUS motherboards using the Z590 chipset and they all have coil whine, I even tested a few other M13H boards and same story. So....not sure exactly what RMA will do in this case, send me another board with the same issue ?

Blake@ROG
05-06-2021, 03:32 AM
Dear all,
Our technical support has been looking in to this case, so please keep replying here.
Please share a video of the issue. It would be great if the video is taken close up and we can better see which part is causing the issue.
And if you have tried the Beta BIOS, please kindly PM me your product SN.
Thank you so much.

Ataemonus
05-06-2021, 08:32 AM
It would be great if the video is taken close up and we can better see which part is causing the issue.
I actually loled at this.

Poke13
05-06-2021, 01:49 PM
Dear all,
Our technical support has been looking in to this case, so please keep replying here.
Please share a video of the issue. It would be great if the video is taken close up and we can better see which part is causing the issue.
Thank you so much.

Thank you Blake and Shamino for getting back to us, it is much appreciated as currently we are kind of in the dark with the situation.

I have to be honest that I am very close to returning/RMAing the board as I need to sort the build out and start actually using it for work.

I would ideally not want to do that and would like to keep this Asus board (Hero XIII) or get a replacement that we know shouldn't have this issue etc.

Please see link below for video of the noise my Hero XIII board, this is my second Hero XIII both with the same issue. For me this is happening more when the system is idle and I have also noticed that due to the board noise I get some of the noise through to the front audio jack (I have done my best to isolate the Front Audio Panel cable away from the board/power supply etc).

https://youtu.be/JD8oRu39o8s
You will need to increase your volume a bit to hear the noise clearly but it is very noticeable once at the right level.

Model: ROG Maximus XIII Hero
Serial number: M1M0FM147410LT5

TasmaN
05-08-2021, 01:47 AM
https://youtu.be/JD8oRu39o8s
You will need to increase your volume a bit to hear the noise clearly but it is very noticeable once at the right level.

Model: ROG Maximus XIII Hero
Serial number: M1M0FM147410LT5
Exactly the same sound, I call it "Digital Noise from Beyond" :mad:
P.S. Even noise isolated Define 7 XL can't ''kill'' this noise...

Dave2150
05-09-2021, 09:43 AM
Dear all,
Thank you so much.

Hey,

Here is an example of my Maximus Hero XIIi coilwhine, when playing back 4K HDR Blu-ray Remux MKV file. This causes 1-2 cores to clock high, with the other cores inactive.

Using beta BIOS 0013 (dated 15th April).

https://youtu.be/5s2uX7ombQ8

Dave2150
05-09-2021, 10:31 AM
Update. Just updated from BIOS 0013 to BIOS 0801.

Enabled the three acoustic management options as so:

Opened up the same 4K Blu-Ray HDR Remux MKV file in Media Player Classic ( with Mad VR outputting 10bit colour to my CX48 OLED) - VERY pleased to say the coilwhine is greatly reduced!

Uploaded another video to show the difference:

https://youtu.be/5VQD-9HvIeQ

The coil whine is now at a level where it doesn't disturb me even when watching quiet movie scenes on high end headphones, which was my main issue.

Thank you very much, engineers!

Ataemonus
05-09-2021, 10:45 AM
You are aware nobody can see those videos becuase you made them private, right ? Thus defeating the very purpose of making them in the first place.

Dave2150
05-09-2021, 11:27 AM
You are aware nobody can see those videos becuase you made them private, right ? Thus defeating the very purpose of making them in the first place.

Bet your fun at parties....

Just a misclick, videos are now unlisted, so can be viewed.

Ataemonus
05-09-2021, 11:31 AM
What are these parties you speak of ? :)))

blukas69
05-09-2021, 03:30 PM
Update. Just updated from BIOS 0013 to BIOS 0801.

Enabled the three acoustic management options as so:

Opened up the same 4K Blu-Ray HDR Remux MKV file in Media Player Classic ( with Mad VR outputting 10bit colour to my CX48 OLED) - VERY pleased to say the coilwhine is greatly reduced!

Uploaded another video to show the difference:

https://youtu.be/5VQD-9HvIeQ

The coil whine is now at a level where it doesn't disturb me even when watching quiet movie scenes on high end headphones, which was my main issue.

Thank you very much, engineers!
That's 100 percent better. Good job

Mutaz2019
05-13-2021, 04:40 PM
Hi;
I buy ROG Z590-F WiFi , CPU i7 11700K
after one month i have issue coil whine Especially when i play games . and this issue Annoying to me .
i replace power supply , cooler aio , graphic card , cables the issue It still exists (coil whine in motherboard z590-F)
i like ASUS products but I am shocked
any solution ???
THank You

i4eneco
05-28-2021, 05:00 AM
Hi,
yesterday I just updated to Beta Bios 0902 and tried the following CPU Power Management - Acoustic Noise Settings:

Acoustic Noise Mitigation: Enabled
Pre Wake/Ramp up/Ramp down time settings: all to 0
IA VR Domain: TRUE, FAST/4
GT VR Domain: TRUE, FAST/4
SA VR Domain: TRUE, FAST/4

Still massive coil whine as soon as I login to Windows.
If I disable C-States the coil whine is gone completely.

Further information: I left almost everything at default Asus OC settings, I just manually changed the
VCCIO Mem OC Voltage to 1.200V (at Auto it was 1.400V, don't need such a high value for 3600Mhz RAM clock at Gear 1 with BCLK 133/100)
Dram: 1.35V (automatically set by XMP I)
CPU system Agent Voltage: Auto (1.376V)

I hope this issue will be fixed soon, it is really annoying for a 500 bucks highend mainboard.
P.S.: Using an Asus THOR 850W power supply, I think it really comes down to the C-States setting, unfortunately Acoustic Noise Mitigation did not lower the coil whine at all with enabled C-States.

corb06
06-04-2021, 07:37 AM
Another Asus XIII Hero user where with Intel i9 11900K. Massive coilwhine from the VRM area. Using bios 707 and all settings at default in bios. Why have ASUS not fixed this yet? This motherboard cost more than my car.