PDA

View Full Version : ArmouryCrate stuck on "Installing components for the Connected Devices"

mariusi3333
04-25-2021, 10:12 AM
I am trying to install for some weeks ArmouryCrateInstaller v3.0.11.0 (Win 10, ROG Strix G17 G712LW)
Did:
- used Geek Uninstall to remove all ASUS/AURA related: ASUS Framework Service, AURA lighting effect add-on, AURA lighting effect add-on x64, AURA Service, ROG Live Service
- used Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool V1.1.2.0
- restarted system
- used the installer but after a while it hanged on "Installing components for the Connected Devices and it fails after ~30min
Tried these steps multiple times in the last 2 weeks, including with firewall disabled.
Also, anything else I found posted in other threads (reddit, youtube) about this problem.
Windows is freshly installed (<1month).

I collected the logs from ProgramData here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m9Dj1quZkifI6Buu24Elk5ZWl4E5_iqn/view?usp=sharing

Contacted ASUS Support (EU) with clear indication it happens for other people, but they basically said "all these people have refused to reinstall Windows" and they can't do anything with the installation logs.

Peyman1354
04-25-2021, 07:52 PM
hi.i had similar issues which i managed to solve.i guess many people have this issue.
and the problem is after u uninstall everything there are still files in the registry key which need to be removed.hope this is help.

1-uninstall the aura and armoury crates with armuory crates uninstaller then restart ur pc

2-make sure u remove all of the files in the folder Locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS

C:\Program Files\ASUS

C:\ProgramData\ASUS

%LocalAppData%\ASUS

3-go under this Registry Entries folders and remove anything related to asus ,

a) Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\
b) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ASUS
c) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASUS
loctae all the Registry Entries and delete anything related to asus under those folders.

4:restart ur pc,turn off windows firewall or any others and try to install armoury crate again

hopefuly this will resolve ur issues.
let me know if u got questions.

FlufflePuff1337
04-25-2021, 09:45 PM
Asus servers can be problematic at times you may have to uninstall using the uninstaller and then reinstall to try again, if been noticing it as well now, its probably why everyone is having such inconsistent experience, missing devices can also be a result of this.

SN1P3R1
05-24-2021, 07:09 AM
Rog products = beautiful looking and big joke utilities.Gladius III wireless is my last asus product .. you could at least support Armory II as well as Chakram wireless for users who have a problem with Armoury crate stuck install.My Gladius III wireless is in the box for 1 month :(

Miky2147
06-04-2021, 08:31 PM
hi.i had similar issues which i managed to solve.i guess many people have this issue.
and the problem is after u uninstall everything there are still files in the registry key which need to be removed.hope this is help.

1-uninstall the aura and armoury crates with armuory crates uninstaller then restart ur pc

2-make sure u remove all of the files in the folder Locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS

C:\Program Files\ASUS

C:\ProgramData\ASUS

%LocalAppData%\ASUS

3-go under this Registry Entries folders and remove anything related to asus ,

a) Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\
b) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ASUS
c) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASUS
loctae all the Registry Entries and delete anything related to asus under those folders.

4:restart ur pc,turn off windows firewall or any others and try to install armoury crate again

hopefuly this will resolve ur issues.
let me know if u got questions.

I have the same problem. So you have to practice this procedure to solve? I'm always afraid to put my hand in the system registry ...

cindernat
06-05-2021, 03:18 AM
I have the same problem. So you have to practice this procedure to solve? I'm always afraid to put my hand in the system registry ...

That process didn't work for me. Also not great messing with the registry, can break a lot of stuff. You should not have to in order to get one program working!

Miky2147
06-05-2021, 07:30 AM
You should not have to in order to get one program working!

Exact. So what do we need to do to fix?

cindernat
06-05-2021, 08:23 AM
Exact. So what do we need to do to fix?

Wish I could tell you, but still waiting for assistance with my issues from Asus (aside from getting me to reinstall Windows as per their suggestion).

Miky2147
06-05-2021, 08:39 AM
Reinstall Windows for only 1 broken program? Unacceptable!

SN1P3R1
06-05-2021, 10:32 AM

agree

Super Gnome
06-06-2021, 02:16 AM

I have three Asus motherboards. Honestly, you don't need Armoury Crate. Fans can be controlled from the Bios. The rest of it is completely unnecessary bloatware. Also, over time it usually completely messes up your system. Updates stop working, etc etc.

In my experience, you do not install it in the first place. But I have, hoping it was finally going to work properly. Now though, after reinstalling Windows a few times, I have taken the legit advice of others on this forum saying don't install ANY Asus software unless it is absolutely necessary and NEVER install Armoury Crate. Three motherboards later, I completely agree and NEVER install any of it anymore and have never looked back or been happier.

Good luck.

cindernat
06-06-2021, 02:30 AM
I have three Asus motherboards. Honestly, you don't need Armoury Crate. Fans can be controlled from the Bios. The rest of it is completely unnecessary bloatware. Also, over time it usually completely messes up your system. Updates stop working, etc etc.

In my experience, you do not install it in the first place. But I have, hoping it was finally going to work properly. Now though, after reinstalling Windows a few times, I have taken the legit advice of others on this forum saying don't install ANY Asus software unless it is absolutely necessary and NEVER install Armoury Crate. Three motherboards later, I completely agree and NEVER install any of it anymore and have never looked back or been happier.

Good luck.

Agreed about shouldn't have to reinstall Windows. The problem is installing, uninstalling, reinstalling Armoury messes up Windows so much, that's why they have to recommend it.

I have an RGB build, so I need Armoury Crate to control the lighting. Also it is the only way to access the Ryujin AIO's OLED screen which I like to have set to CPU temp.

So, unfortunately cannot NOT have Armoury. Wish I could!

Super Gnome
06-07-2021, 12:07 AM
I have an RGB build, so I need Armoury Crate to control the lighting. Also it is the only way to access the Ryujin AIO's OLED screen which I like to have set to CPU temp.!

I have an ROG Rampage 6 Extreme Omega and an ROG Crosshair VIII Formula motherboard. The RGB on the Rampage motherboard would not work with ANY Asus software about six months after I built the rig with that motherboard. Now in the BIOS you can turn it all off. Hurray for that.

As for the the Crosshair motherboard, I never installed Armoury Crate with it in the first place. And in all honesty, I dont care one iota for RGB. It's all cosmetic garbage I wish I had the option to not pay for. In fact, if the cost of it went into making other components or the BIOS better, I might rate Asus better. I am too busy gaming, watching a flick or reading news to even pay the slightest attention to my case.

I also run HWMonitor virtually all the time to see the temperature of everything--GPU, CPU core temperatures, etc.

SN1P3R1
06-09-2021, 08:32 AM
I wanted to buy a Rog Delta S and a Rog Falchion but the crate software definitely disappointed me and now i am looking for another alternative.My Gladius III Wireless unfortunately currently on the ad for sale.See you when you release better software or provide Armory II support for all of the listed products.

Probably no one reads this from Asus support nor are they interested in user problematic.

Super Gnome
06-09-2021, 11:38 PM
I wanted to buy a Rog Delta S and a Rog Falchion but the crate software definitely disappointed me and now i am looking for another alternative.My Gladius III Wireless unfortunately currently on the ad for sale.See you when you release better software or provide Armory II support for all of the listed products.

Probably no one reads this from Asus support nor are they interested in user problematic.

Dude, nobody needs Armoury Crate. It is completely unnecessary and your computer will run like a charm without it. In my case I liked it for controlling the fan speeds but I now do that from the BIOS without a hitch.

SN1P3R1
06-10-2021, 05:47 AM
Dude, nobody needs Armoury Crate. It is completely unnecessary and your computer will run like a charm without it. In my case I liked it for controlling the fan speeds but I now do that from the BIOS without a hitch.

For peripherals is required trust me.All settings are in the crate for Delta S or others devices.

Super Gnome
06-16-2021, 07:09 AM
For peripherals is required trust me.All settings are in the crate for Delta S or others devices.

Well, I don't know. But those Delta S headphones work fine with other devices, like Playstation--and with no Armoury Crate. As for the features--yeah, my first Asus motherboard sound had a lot of things to tinker with, but most of them were useless and time wasters in my case. Leaving them alone got the best sound. Maybe your case is different.

I have three Asus motherboards, a Rampage III Black Edition (2011), a Rampage VI Omega Extreme, and a Crosshair VI Formula. All have loads of features that work fine without Armoury Crate. The ten year old motherboard worked better than ever when I could no longer use or install Armoury Crate. Read that again--as unbelievable as it is, it is absolutely true. Ten years later all of the features are fine and the motherboard and all of its features work as good as new.

As for the newer two, the only thing you can't control without Asus software is the RGB. But it only worked properly for a short while anyhow. There are switches in some of the newer BIOSes to shut it off, thank goodness.

As for Armoury Crate--in time it always messed up my systems--always. In every case reinstalling Windows was the only way out. Back years ago, had I known you don't need it I'd have saved myself a lot of hairs pulled out--no joke.

SN1P3R1
06-18-2021, 01:32 PM
New Asus Crate 3.1.0.0 from today and i get this message.They havent known how to fix software for two years.Big joke company :D