PDA

View Full Version : G73JH Problem

Michael
01-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Hello everyone!
I have a problem with my Asus G73JH, bought it from bestbuy. Approximately for 2 months everything was great. But 1 week ago problems with laptop started. Now I can't run on it 3d apps like games + it's hard even to surf the web. Every time when I do these things - I get blue, white, gray screen and the laptop locks, sometimes I can see green, blue, red or purple pixels on the screen or vertical stripes. Don't know why but sometimes when pixels happen - swithing the laptop to sleeeping mode and then turning it on helps(but only for 5-10 minutes and then the problem appears again).
Here's a video of running 3dmark test (so you can see this issue) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DwTs1g1YT0
Bios 211, flashed to last vbios, + last ati drivers 10.12(reinstalled them with driver sweeper). Tried Windows recovery - didn't help. Don't know how to fix it... Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Michael
01-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Now small horizontal green-purple stripes begin to show up even when drivers are not installed... anyone suggestions? probably hardware?

xeromist
01-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Yeah, sounds like the graphics accelerator is either overheating or otherwise crapping out. You can try taking a can of air to it to see if something got clogged in the cooling system but at 2 months I'd make them fix it.

Chastity@ASUS
01-11-2011, 09:03 PM
1) You can try updating your DirectX to June 2010
2) If you are overclocking, dial it back to stock settings of 700/1000
3) If you are running at stock clocks, and 10.12 WHQL, and you have latest vBIOS, then you may want to RMA the GPU.