PDA

View Full Version : GTX570 DirectCU II Fit on a Gene-Z/GEN3 Mainboard

Black4
04-05-2012, 02:16 AM
If I'm only planning to run a single graphics card on a Gene-Z/GEN3 mainboard, will I have any issues with fitting a GTX570 DirectCU II on the board in an EATX capable case, given that it's a triple width card?

puma99dk|
04-05-2012, 09:09 AM
i got a EVGA GeForce GTX 570 1280mb atm with a Gelid Icy Vision cooler taking almost 3slots and i have no problems with it, i use a Asus Xonar Essence STX in the PCI-Express x4.

and when u ain't planning on SLi i think u should have space enough.

HiVizMan
04-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Width wise it will fit as long as you are not planning on using anything else in the PCi or PCIe lanes. Is you are then it might be tight.

Will the card fit length wise is a question I would be interested in finding the answer too.

Black4
04-05-2012, 05:18 PM
There is plenty of room lengthwise in the Alien P2 case (EATX size) I have, so that's not an issue. It's the case size that matters with card length, as the card can hang over the end of the mainboard with no issue.

The only other card I'm running is a Hendrix for the Logitech THX speaker set up, but I wasn't planning to use that with the new build, and instead rely on the integrated SupremeFX III on the motherboard instead, for a cleaner and at least as modern feature.

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them.