PDA

View Full Version : Z590 Glacial - USB portís issue

badjz
04-29-2021, 10:26 AM
I seem to be having an issue with 3 x USB ports, they are simply not working... they did work intermittently when I first setup the mobo, but have since stopped.*

Iím running a fresh install of windows with all the latest drivers/bios installed...

I can live with the issue, but wondering if their is an obvious fix that I can apply/attempt...*

All other ports are working perfectly..*

Any troubleshooting steps would be appreciated *

Silent Scone@ROG
04-29-2021, 10:56 AM
Can you show which ports on the board don't appear to be working?

badjz
04-29-2021, 11:21 AM

Itís the 4 that I have circled in red - the 2 by the HDMI port and the 2 by the lan ports

Silent Scone@ROG
04-30-2021, 07:00 AM
Thanks for that.

Can you give me your specification and upload a DXDIAG, please? (Type Dxdiag into Windows Search, open DXDIAG and click save information)

Have you changed anything since the ports stopped working?

What are you plugging into the rear I/O?

What devices are you plugging into those ports specifically?

badjz
05-06-2021, 05:15 AM
I haven't changed anything

I have 4 x usb devices (see below) and a network cable plugged into the rear I/O

I have 2 x fan/rgb controllers and 2 x usb hubs...

DXDIAG - I cant seem to upload, keep getting an invalid file error...

Silent Scone@ROG
05-06-2021, 06:51 AM
No worries, will pm.

Hopper64
05-12-2021, 03:11 AM
I’m having similar issues with my M13EG too. The USB ports seem to work intermittently. Same ones as outlined. I haven’t loaded windows on this build yet. Is there a fix for this? I even got a message on boot that the machine will shut down in 15 seconds due the usb overload. Just had connected 2 Samsung T5s via the USB C ports. Removed those an problem solved. Never had this issue with other boards, like my R6EE. Connecting them in different ports also seems to alleviate the problem too.

I also question whether my problem is simply due to not having windows installed yet with the appropriate windows drivers. *

badjz
05-12-2021, 08:50 PM
I haven’t resolved the issue yet.*

Fresh install won’t fix it, I have done that twice and the problem persists…

I have also never got a notification to suggest their is a USB overload…

Hopper64
05-13-2021, 02:52 AM
I’m still tinkering with mine. I’ll report back if I figure something out.