PDA

View Full Version : G53SW keyboard lights not working

neaha
04-05-2012, 07:36 PM
hello :cool:
i got a problem in my asus laptop G53SW :(
The lights are not working after format , since i install the ATK
what should i do
os there any fixer for the keyboard lights ?
Best Regards

dstrakele
04-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Hi neaha - Do the keyboard lights flash briefly on startup? If so, there is likely a software fix.

What version ATK Package did you install?

neaha
04-05-2012, 08:00 PM
no it's not turning on
my ATK is the latest one from asus support
i can see the sign on the screen when i low the voice or up
but the sign of the keyboard light it's not been showed
the laptop was out of order because of power supply
and i send it to asus in saudi arabia (jeddah)
bacause it's near to me
and it's working
but the light are not
:)

dstrakele
04-05-2012, 08:23 PM
When your laptop is started, the keyboard lights should flash as part of the Power On Self Test (POST), even if the lights are turned off in Windows or the ATK Package is corrupted or missing. If they don't flash on POST, it means a) the ASUS tech forgot to connect the keyboard light ribbon cable or broke the cable or connector, or b) this issue results from ASUS updating your BIOS while at the Service Center. There are other threads on this forum where other customers have experienced this problem (i.e. laptop returned from Service Center and keyboard lights do not work - see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11077-HELP-Backlit-Keyboard-not-working!). None were able to resolve the problem with a software fix.

Unfortunately, this means you will most likely have to RMA your laptop to resolve this issue.

The latest version ATK Package for the G53SW is 1.0.0007. If you have installed 1.0.0015, you could uninstall it from Control Panel, REBOOT, and install the 1.0.0007 version as a last attempt at a software fix. Be sure to Logon to Windows and press Fn-F4. Unfortunately, the odds of success are small if your keyboard lights truly do not flash at POST. It is likely that was the version already on your system when it was returned from the Service Center.

neaha
04-06-2012, 08:30 AM
When your laptop is started, the keyboard lights should flash as part of the Power On Self Test (POST), even if the lights are turned off in Windows or the ATK Package is corrupted or missing. If they don't flash on POST, it means a) the ASUS tech forgot to connect the keyboard light ribbon cable or broke the cable or connector, or b) this issue results from ASUS updating your BIOS while at the Service Center. There are other threads on this forum where other customers have experienced this problem (i.e. laptop returned from Service Center and keyboard lights do not work - see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11077-HELP-Backlit-Keyboard-not-working!). None were able to resolve the problem with a software fix.

Unfortunately, this means you will most likely have to RMA your laptop to resolve this issue.

The latest version ATK Package for the G53SW is 1.0.0007. If you have installed 1.0.0015, you could uninstall it from Control Panel, REBOOT, and install the 1.0.0007 version as a last attempt at a software fix. Be sure to Logon to Windows and press Fn-F4. Unfortunately, the odds of success are small if your keyboard lights truly do not flash at POST. It is likely that was the version already on your system when it was returned from the Service Center.

The ATK version is 1.0.0007
is there any update to make the lights good with the new bios ?

dstrakele
04-06-2012, 02:11 PM
The ATK version is 1.0.0007
is there any update to make the lights good with the new bios ?

Unfortunately, if the keyboard lights do not flash during POST, there is nothing any ATK driver can do to resolve the problem. The ATK Package drivers function only in Windows, and your keyboard lights are failing to function before Windows is even loaded.

MaXimus711
04-07-2012, 03:54 PM
This was one of the problems I faced when I first purchased my G73Sw....

I called Asus Tech support and they advised me to bring the laptop over as this is a common problem...they fixed the problem within 1 minute...it is a BIOS mod tool they use to enable the keyboard lights in the setting

upgrading your BIOS will not help as it is a setting deep in your BIOS and it doesn't matter which version of the ATK driver you have installed it simply isn't turned on so ignore the question the above poster asked. What driver has nothing to do with the keyboard lights coming on or not...

Read my ASUS Horror story (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?12400-My-ASUS-G73Sw-Horror-Story!&country=&status=) if you wish to know why I returned my laptop