PDA

View Full Version : g74sx 3D . Headset assistance and suggestions.

Henrysyy
04-05-2012, 10:15 PM
im looking for a set of headphones for this laptop . But i notice that alot of these HS has like 3 cords. while this laptop only has a mic and headphone slot to put it in . does anyone recommend or know of any good 5.1 headsets w/mic around the 150 USD range?that is either usb only or that can be put into the 2 slots that this laptop has? that or something that supports 7.1 and 5.1 together is fine , since some games and movies are only 5.1 . :o

n1ghtl1fe
04-05-2012, 11:35 PM
My vote is for the Siberia V2 USB edition. Comes with an external sound card and retractable mic. I honestly have owned and reviewed probably around 15+ headsets over the past couple years (back when i had money to spend haha) everything from Astro A40 systems, several different tritton's, to lower priced turtle beach sets. Side to side the siberia's seem to outperform 99% of the competiton under the $300 price range. Only rival is the Turtle Beach HPX's, which sound great but are very uncomfortable after anymore than 25 min.

For overall surround sound, sound positioning, listening to music and comfort check out the Siberia's.
http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-siberia-v2#specifications

Here's a link to steggy's numerous reviews on the top gaming headsets out, its pretty helpful
http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/206096-steggys-headset-and-tech-reviews/

good luck bro, let me know what you choose and how you like em

Henrysyy
04-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Okay i looked them up . and well over read like a hundred reviews i came up with 3 choice including your recommendation ....
1.Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Wrath .150USD
2.Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 120 USD
3.Siberia V2 USB edition. 90USD
now i need to think of which one to get. quality is what im striving for. and i hear mixed reviews between all of them . and i just wanna say comfort and sound is all that matters. looks are eh .

Blue-Bulb
04-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Im using Logitech G930 wireless for almost a year now.

My ASUS G74SX i7-2670 model used for 4 mths now, is working perfectly fine with the headset :o

the range is not bad and long batt life.

n1ghtl1fe
04-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Okay i looked them up . and well over read like a hundred reviews i came up with 3 choice including your recommendation ....
1.Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Wrath .150USD
2.Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 120 USD
3.Siberia V2 USB edition. 90USD
now i need to think of which one to get. quality is what im striving for. and i hear mixed reviews between all of them . and i just wanna say comfort and sound is all that matters. looks are eh .

personally I would stay away from wireless headsets. Side by side with any decent wired headset the sound quaility lacks. They only wireless ive tried that has actually surprised me and gave pretty damn good results was the Astro A40 wireless mixamp system. But its expensive and not in my opinion kind of a hassle since wireless isnt built into the headset.

The G930 does have pretty good sound for a wireless set though and if i remember right it was actually pretty comfortable for having everything built into the actual set (batteries etc). The creative sound blaster tactic 3D wrath I haven't had the pleasure but I did try the Tactic 3D Omega by creative. I liked the way it lit up to honest and several different features it came with like the option to share and download others sound profiles. But I thought they sounded a bit hollow in some games and if your an FPS player the sound detection was pretty rough. They use their own audio software to simulate surround sound instead of Dolby Digital which 99% of games use.

I also tried the Razer Chimaera 5.1 wireless set, honestly stay away from that one. Its $200 and the sound quality was roughhh and it was uncomfortable as hell. Looks badass tho lol

Id say based off your top three options, if wireless is important to you go G930. If you dont mind something wired check out the Siberia V2's the sound quailty is pretty damn good for such a reasonably priced headset, the retractable mic is a nice feature, and what i loved was the comfort its honestly the lightest/most comfortable ive come across.

All in all, you won't be disappointed either way if this is your first surround sound headset. If I was you Id go to a local retail store and depending on your funds, buy them both and after a few days of testing keep the one you like more and return the other. GL man

Henrysyy
04-08-2012, 12:11 AM
i went and bought a couple of these headsets . to test them out and check how they work . with intentions of returning the ones i didnt like and keeping the one i did . i found out that wireless headsets do lag . proof ? i play plenty of games that require a perfect sync with the sounds . for example , if i was to play lets say a music game . the beats that come into the head phones are a couple of frames off of the button presses . but i guess its expected for something trasfering the sound wirelessly . so when i plugged in my wired head set everything was fine . so now i think ima stick to the g35 now . .