PDA

View Full Version : Asus Rog Maximus XIII Hero cant boot windows 10 after installation system!!!

rosecki
05-31-2021, 03:32 PM
I own an Asus Rog Maximus XIII Hero motherboard and Intel i9 -11900K

I have made raid 0 from 2 x Samsung 500GB M.2 PCIe NVMe 970 EVO Plus

ssd are in the slot m2_3 and m2-4 on the motherboard

i have also raid 0 with 2 x ssd corsair gt force 120 but in sata slots

and also two addttional ssd nvme gen3 in slot m2_1 and m2_2 slots, but not in raid (there is no possibility to make raid in ssd in this slots)

after installation system (from usb drive) on raid 0 samsung discs and reboot , windows 10 cant boot from raid 0 ,
when i go to the bios , there is no listed raid 0 as the bootable disc, i only see usb drive installator,
i have tried to install system on raid 0 with ssd sata discs , but there is the same problem have occured.
where is the problem?
what should i do ?
i have the latest bios firmare,
during installation i have loaded the latest intel drivers for raid,
i cant imagine that there could not be any technical posibility to install windows 10 on ssd nvme raid 0 on such top model motherboard

pls help me if sb can

small update: i have just tried to install win10 on the single ssd m2 (gen3) located in the slot m2_1 on the motherboard, after boot is the same problem, win 10 cant start to finish installation....

Saltgrass
05-31-2021, 09:49 PM
I am glad you decided to simplify your system for testing, that should make it easier.

Do you change anything in the Bios so you could run Raid? On one system I have there is a Intel RAID controller you can turn on but I only saw it in simple mode.. It may have been a different motherboard..

It appears you saw the comment about RAID required non-Intel drives be inserted in the two PCH attached slots. But just that still won't let you set up a RAID array? Where do you set up the RAID array, in the Intel Rapid Storage controller? You can probably tell I am not a big fan of RAID..

These boards can be so complicated as to what can go where that it makes it hard to get the correct placements..