PDA

View Full Version : G74Sx

pepeniva
04-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Hi guy, i have problem with my gam desktop. every time i would open it says gamedesktop has stopped responding
I tried running admid still doesnt work
any solution for this?

dstrakele
04-07-2012, 04:48 AM
Gamedesktop.exe appears to be the weak link in the Rotation Desktop for G Series (or maybe it's just used more on these systems). I've seen several threads on this issue, but unfortunately, no definitive solutions.

An ASUS Factory Restore would probably restore gamedesktop.exe functionality. I suspect something installed on your system may conflict with it. OR it depends on some other ASUS application that you've uninstalled. OR there is a conflict between one of these dependent ASUS apps and something else installed on your system.

Is this a recent issue that can possibly be fixed by using Windows System Restore to restore your system to an earlier time?

Do the Errors or Warnings in the System or Application Event Logs point to a troubleshooting direction?

What Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, or Remote Access software have you installed?

Does DPC Latetency Checker show any red or yellow spikes? Latency could prevent gamedesktop.exe from doing it's job long enough to hit a timeout and report it's not responding.