PDA

View Full Version : Found something intresting...

Alias
04-10-2012, 05:59 AM
Hello all, newbie here.

I have a reference Visiontek 4850 and was looking for programs to tweak the voltage for a small overclock. I tried pretty much every overclocking tool under the sun and only one gave me a way to change the voltage, ATi Tray Tools. Then I found GPU Tweak and installed it and found out that it will not adjust the voltage. However, recently I discovered this:

If I open ATi tray tools, adjust something and hit apply, THEN open up GPU tweak, I am able to adjust voltage.

I'm not sure what is going on, but it seems ATT allows GPU tweak access to the voltage chip. Tried it on another card to make sure that it's not some glitch, and it works on it also. I know GPU tweak is able to change the voltage from GPUZ as well as a DMM.

Just thought I would bring it up to you guys :).

HiVizMan
04-10-2012, 11:42 AM
That is very good to know, could you post the item that you adjusted in ATi Tray tools please.

Alias
04-10-2012, 03:53 PM
All I need to do is move a clock slider, hit apply and then I get voltage control. But I have to apply something otherwise it does not work.

Forgot to mention this, but after I hit apply and open up GPU Tweak, I have to rom advanced mode back to normal, then back to advanced mode for it to show up.