PDA

View Full Version : Some problems with G74SX

ikissedyou
04-11-2012, 05:07 PM
1. There's sound when the right area of the palm rest is pressed, as if there's a button there. The sounds are coming from the
ROG Logo, at the palm rest, and bottom edge of the palm rest (Tested by pressing all over the palm rest, not really a big
problem, but its just kinda annoying whenever my right hands reaches for the keyboard and type, and there's sound coming out)

2. Major FPS drop when i'm playing games, anyway to fix it?

PS: Anyone encounters the problem i had with the palm rest? And will ASUS give me a new machine/fix it if i brought it to the service centre?

BrodyBoy
04-11-2012, 05:20 PM
1. There's sound when the right area of the palm rest is pressed, as if there's a button there. The sounds are coming from the
ROG Logo, at the palm rest, and bottom edge of the palm rest (Tested by pressing all over the palm rest, not really a big
problem, but its just kinda annoying whenever my right hands reaches for the keyboard and type, and there's sound coming out)

2. Major FPS drop when i'm playing games, anyway to fix it?

PS: Anyone encounters the problem i had with the palm rest? And will ASUS give me a new machine/fix it if i brought it to the service centre?
1. This is normal....there's just a little "give" in that area of the top cover-to-chassis connection.
2. There are threads where owners talk about optimizing performance for specific games. You might find it useful to search (for the games you play) and read about their tweaks.

ikissedyou
04-12-2012, 09:34 AM
1. This is normal....there's just a little "give" in that area of the top cover-to-chassis connection.
2. There are threads where owners talk about optimizing performance for specific games. You might find it useful to search (for the games you play) and read about their tweaks.

Okay thank you... Do you own a G74SX yourself, and have that problem of the little "give"?

PILGRIM
04-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Okay thank you... Do you own a G74SX yourself, and have that problem of the little "give"?

:) Yes, I think Brody has three G74s..
He's disassembled his laptop just to get to the bottom of this problem.

See this "old" thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?7541-Creaking-on-bottom-right-of-laptop

BrodyBoy
04-12-2012, 06:03 PM
I've had three of them, and in my experience, it's variable between units. The problem is that the card reader is directly under that area of the palmrest, and the attachments (of the top cover to the chassis below) are not as snug there as they are elsewhere.

You can flip it over and try to tighten the screws inside the HDD bays, but that doesn't seem to help, as the real attachments in that area are just the edge clips, and again, the ones on either side of the card reader aren't very snug. If you feel that yours is way too loose and noisy, you could return it and try a different unit.

ikissedyou
04-14-2012, 07:20 PM
I've had three of them, and in my experience, it's variable between units. The problem is that the card reader is directly under that area of the palmrest, and the attachments (of the top cover to the chassis below) are not as snug there as they are elsewhere.

You can flip it over and try to tighten the screws inside the HDD bays, but that doesn't seem to help, as the real attachments in that area are just the edge clips, and again, the ones on either side of the card reader aren't very snug. If you feel that yours is way too loose and noisy, you could return it and try a different unit.

Yes, I think Brody has three G74s..
He's disassembled his laptop just to get to the bottom of this problem.

See this "old" thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...ight-of-laptop

Ah thank you guys for the response. The the thread have some pictures of what Brody is saying. Will look a look in my G74, thanks.