PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about K53SV notebook MB

proaxis
04-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Hey guys,

In December i bought two a53sv laptops with the k53sv motherboard and BOTH have now experienced DC jack failure in a very short window of time. I have been very careful in their handling so I do not believe that this is related to accidental damage, however asus support on the phone a moment ago insists that it be listed as possible CID for the RMA. Because i failed to register the laptop within 60 days I am apparently not covered under the accidental damage warranty, so I am now very concerned that they will diagnose it as accidental damage rather than an inherent problem with the MB to avoid fixing the problem.

my question is how are DC jack failures (within just a few months of purchase) typically repaired? under the accidental damage warranty or under the asus 360 warranty?

I have bought many asus products over the years and this is my first issue. Talking with the rep did not leave me very confident that this RMA is going to end well for me at all.

fuzon1337
04-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Hi :)

What do you mean with experienced DC jack failure? that the pin inside your notebook broke off ?

Anyway the 2 years warranty should cover your issue without you have to pay for it to get fixed.

proaxis
04-13-2012, 10:34 AM
thanks for your reply :)

by failure i mean that both DC jacks are loose, im thinking it has to do with a broken solder connection to the MB. its difficult to get a connection to charge either laptop.

i probably should stop attempting all together, but if you angle the charger just right it can still charge, albeit any small bump of the laptop and you have to readjust it for a few minutes.

fuzon1337
04-13-2012, 10:48 AM
It sounds like the same issue on MB to Asus G53 series, and as far as I know, when their pin (that is soldered to the mobo) broke off (the pin is inside the ac adapter plug) they got it fixed by RMA it, but if you are concerned pm MarshallR@asus and ask him about what to do :)