PDA

View Full Version : Asus G73 OS:C is full data still has 300GB

seesaechao
04-14-2012, 01:53 AM
So my OS C: is basically full because I have alot of games in there but my D: Data still has 300+ GB. How do I move some of my space from my D: over to my C:OS. I don't want to delete it, I just want to move some space over.

I know you go to window and Create and format. Now I can see both drives. so I right click my D: Drive and shrink volume and partition 100gb. Now I have a D: w/ 230GB and 100GB of free space Green. Now when i go on to Right click my OS C: I can't extend its greyed out? But when i click on my D: I can extend it back to normal. Now once i shrink volume do i have to delete it first , before I can add it to my OS C:

Problem is I can't delete the shrink volume free space one? but I can delete the D: Data one?

Simple question is how to I add more space to my OS C: w/out having to completely delete my D:data drive ?

Thanks folks

BrodyBoy
04-14-2012, 02:46 AM
The problem is that Windows shrunk from the "end" of your D: partition, rather than the beginning of it. So the empty space isn't contiguous with the C: partition...hence, they can't be combined.

If there are things on that D: partition you don't want to lose, the easiest solution is to backup the D: partition to an external drive. Then, delete the D: partition so that there's nothing but the C: partition and empty space. Expand C: to the desired size, and make a new D: partition with the remaining space. Finally, copy the D: stuff back onto your D: partition.

It sounds more complicated and tedious than it is.....but it shouldn't take all that long.