PDA

View Full Version : Another dead g73

Btkramer
04-14-2012, 11:08 AM
My G73JH-A1 died today, and I think it is either the mb or video, possibly power connection, and was hoping to see what you guys thought. With the battery in and the power supply plugged in, the green battery light is on. When I try to turn it on, the blue light bulb to the left of the battery light turns on for about a quarter of a second, as does the blue led under the monitor, then both the blue light bulb and the green battery light go off for about 3 seconds, after which the green battery light will come back on. Nothing else comes on when I press the power button, like the numpad light or keyboard lights, nothing. Screen does not flicker, no hd spin up. I have pulled the battery, held the power button for 45 seconds, pressed the hard reset button, doesn't change. Do these symptoms confirm a diagnosis?

evga
04-14-2012, 11:42 AM
did you try to power on only with ac adapter or only with battery?
worth a try,.

Btkramer
04-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Yeah, tried both, no luck

evga
04-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Im sure that your CPU is dead.
only if your cpu is dead , the laptop behaves like that.

Btkramer
04-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Hmmmm... I had to repaste my gpu a few months ago, and since everything was open, I repasted the cpu as well. Could this have caused it? Its been working great ever since I repasted, until now...

xeromist
04-15-2012, 01:13 AM
Only way to tell is to open it and look. If you got paste somewhere it shouldn't be then you might be able to clean it up and get it working again but you won't know until you look.

zortslowski
05-13-2012, 07:11 AM
Ended up being the power adaptor. I have actaully been through 3 of them for my g73jh-a1.

The best one I have found has a fan in it Model pa-1151-06D.

it is much slimmer than the ones I had previously but it hasn't let me down like the rest.