PDA

View Full Version : New G74SX - Question about Warranty

IROCthe5LITRE
04-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Hey guys,

I just purchased a G74SX-A2 and I love it! Runs BF3 great at a mixture of high/medium settings.

Just had a quick question about the warranty though. The guy at the store told me that it comes with a 2 year warranty (and 1 year accidental damage warranty).

Do I have to mail them this warranty card with a copy of the receipt to register it? Or can I just register it online at https://vip.asus.com/login.aspx ?

Thank you!

BrodyBoy
04-15-2012, 04:54 PM
You need to register for the ADP coverage, which has a separate site. (http://completewarranty.asus.com/Content/US/ADP/adp.aspx) If you register there, you can submit a scan of your receipt.

IROCthe5LITRE
04-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Thanks Brody,

Do you know where I go to register for the 2 year warranty?

Ty

BrodyBoy
04-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks Brody,

Do you know where I go to register for the 2 year warranty?

Ty
If you're in the U.S., you don't have to register to get warranty coverage. (Just be sure to keep a copy of your receipt.) I think that site you previously linked allows you to register your product, if you want to.

IROCthe5LITRE
04-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Ahhh I see.

I'm in Canada but it's probably the same as the U.S.

Thanks for the help Brody.

BrodyBoy
04-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Ahhh I see.

I'm in Canada but it's probably the same as the U.S.

Thanks for the help Brody.
Double-check to be sure...it's not just an Asus policy. Here in the U.S., there are laws that prevent manufacturers from requiring extra steps (like registration) for customers to qualify for warranty coverage.

As demonstrated by the ADP "extra" coverage and its registration requirement, Asus is not beyond finding ways to limit coverage whenever they can! If Canadian law allow them to require registration, I suspect they'd be happy to take advantage of that.

IROCthe5LITRE
04-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Ah I didn't know that.

I will look into that, thank you.