PDA

View Full Version : Changing the mac address of G74sx

cscspro
04-16-2012, 07:06 AM
So I bought a G74sx and i tried to spoof the mac address

My wireless card is Atheros AR9002WB-1NG

and although I looked everywhere over the internet to search the means of finding a method to change my mac address. Nothing seems to have worked

I change the address, but the ipconfig command in the command prompt shows me that my mac address did not change at all.

Did any one of you have any success in changing the mac address? if so, how?

P.S. I need to bypass the mac address filter. That's why I need to change the full mac address to exact letters.

thanks alot

BrodyBoy
04-16-2012, 07:21 AM
Bypass the MAC address filter? In what...your router? (Why not just add your address to the MAC table?)

MAC addresses are hardcoded into a network device's firmware. You can't change them. In G74s with a combo card, there are unique MAC addresses for the LAN, WLAN, and BT devices.

cscspro
04-16-2012, 07:40 AM
There are many ways to change the mac address
there is even the virtual mac address that can bypass it
but I just dont know how to put it in.

zsld0423
04-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Yeah you can change your MAC address in Windows, it's actually pretty easy :P
1. Open up Control Panel, and then Network and Sharing Center.
2. On the left side, there should be a section called "Change Adapter Settings."
3. Click that, and then find where your Atheros card is, the Wireless Connection.
4. Right click it and choose Properties, and it should bring up a new window.
5. There should be a button called "Configure" near the upper right corner, click that.
6. This will bring up a different popup, with a few different tabs.
7. Click on the "Advanced" tab, and scroll down to "Network Address" Change the radio button from "Not Present" to the blank box, and put in the MAC address you want to change it to.
8. Then restart your computer and it will be the new MAC address :D

Alternate Route
1. Open up Device Manager
2. Scroll down to the Network Adapters section, and right click on your Atheros Wireless card option.
3. Click properties, and it'll get you to the same windows that I listed in Step 6 of the other instructions.
4. Then go to the Advanced tab, scroll down to Network address, change the radio button, and type in your new MAC address.
5. Then restart

fostert
04-17-2012, 03:32 AM
I have done it with my G74 in Linux:

1) bring down your network: "ifconfig eth1 down" (substitute eth1 with whatever your wireless device is: eth1 and wlan0 are most common)
2) spoof the mac: "ifconfig eth1 hw ether 00:11:22:33:44:55" (where the last key is the MAC address you want to emulate)
3) bring your network up: "ifconfig eth1 up"