PDA

View Full Version : G74sx Air Intake Location?

Loddoss
04-16-2012, 07:07 AM
I went to the Asus website regarding my laptop regarding air flow for my laptop and it states the following:

"With the amount of power in the G74SX, some serious cooling is needed. A unique venting design pulls air from underneath the notebook, cooling the system down, then vents it through the rear, keeping hot air away from the user and reducing ambient noise for prolonged gaming."

http://usa.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G74SX/

(Bad grammar from the above website it should state: "and then vents....")

As far as I can see there are no air vents on the bottom or the front of the laptop. Even the promotional youtube video imbedded in the website above is showing an air flow from front to back (from 46 seconds to 58 seconds in the clip).

There must be someway the air comes into the device efficiently. It just does not make sense.

I have contacted Asus USA directly and they do not seem to care about my question and do not bother to answer it other than send me a survey form before the question was even answered. It has been about four months since I posed the question to Asus USA.

I answered the survey form with all negatives and added that they should change the website to show correct information. Nothing has been done to correct the issue on the website or answer my question.

I am guessing that ASUS's webmaster or technical writer does not know about grammar check and that they do not have QC (Quality Control) regarding what they post on their website. Either that or their webmaster or technical writer does not have any knowledge of the product that they are writing about.

Thanks for reading my thread and hopefully you can answer my question.

Loddoss

BrodyBoy
04-16-2012, 07:12 AM
I'm not sure what the specific question was, but if you just want to know where the air intake vents are located, they are on the top cover, just under the display panel (when it's in its opened position). As you noted, there are none on the bottom, as there are on most laptops.

Loddoss
04-16-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm not sure what the specific question was, but if you just want to know where the air intake vents are located, they are just under the display panel (when it's in its opened position). As you noted, there are none on the bottom, as there are on most laptops.

Did you mean under the hinge? I see something that almost looks like a vent but it looks too small to be an air intake vent compared to the exhaust port.

Thanks for answering my post.

Loddoss

BrodyBoy
04-16-2012, 07:26 AM
Well, not the hinges, exactly....those are over on the sides. In this photo, the air intakes are the two most central "grillles" that you see in that strip that runs just in front of the hinges. The "leftish" one is the intake for the CPU fan, the one to the right is for the GPU fan. (Yes, they are fairly small.)

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/prog_photos/G74 Hardware/IMG_0582.jpg

Loddoss
04-16-2012, 07:31 AM
Well, not the hinges, exactly....those are over on the sides. In this photo, the air intakes are the two most central "grillles" that you see in that strip that runs just in front of the hinges. The "leftish" one is the intake for the CPU fan, the one to the right is for the GPU fan. (Yes, they are fairly small.)

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/prog_photos/G74 Hardware/IMG_0582.jpg

Thank you for the visual it helps alot.
Thanks for answering my post.
Loddoss
:o