PDA

View Full Version : SSD for my G74SX. Thoughts please.

ravincia
04-16-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm looking at a SanDisk extreme SSD 120gb for my g74sx because the price on it is quite decent. Is it compatible with the g74sx? - i've had an SSD previously that would just not work with my laptop, remember, once bitten twice shy. Does it have any known problems and such? How's the performance (the only reviews i can find seem to be from the manufacturer itself) ?

Would very much appreciate thoughts on this SSD.

dlemenn
04-16-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm looking at a SanDisk extreme SSD 120gb for my g74sx because the price on it is quite decent. Is it compatible with the g74sx? - i've had an SSD previously that would just not work with my laptop, remember, once bitten twice shy. Does it have any known problems and such? How's the performance (the only reviews i can find seem to be from the manufacturer itself) ?

Would very much appreciate thoughts on this SSD.

Hello i use for my G53SX SSD samsung is better and good performance

before i've CRUCIAL ssd 256 go sata 6 and more errors when i install windows 7

gilbert
04-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Not sure about Sandisk but i been using Kingston HyperX 120GB it has read/write speeds of 500plus, the best part is that i got it in special at a local store (Frys Electronics) for 100$ in case it goes bad or incompatible I can just take it back to them and get a different one the same day , no questions asked .....

Boosted_R
04-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Intel has the best reliability by far. Intel is releasing the 330 series SSD end of this week or next week and will be at SATA 3 speeds and competitive prices. The 120GB version will be priced $150-$160 range........ If you can get a deal like gilbert, that pretty sweet too.

ravincia
04-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks for all of your inputs. Im currently looking at the sandisk ssd bcos someone is selling it at quite a good price. I know there are other more reliable and reputable brands, but i just need to know more about the sandisk extreme ssd. Is it compatible/problematic? Anyway, thanks again :)

mlprainbowdash01
07-10-2013, 07:19 AM
hi,

I've got the same question about the Sandisk 120 or 128 gig...just need infos for this ssd...I know the new Corsair and all these new awesome stuff for some reasons...I can get the Sandisk...wathever...as... En bref, I just want to know if the SSd 120 or 128 gig Sata3 2.5 is compatible with my Asus G-74sx 1ATZ. I dont have the bbk8 or 9 the -1ATZ- no such differences, but will the os correct to start? Youre saving me...this post is one of the rare that i found and if you can respond...i will very enjoy :):):D

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?language=fr-CA&catalog=Online&category=Hard+Drives&product=8009772

Yes, i know on La source, but that where I can have it...or the 120gig.

THANKS, i'm actually running on my two 50 originals hdd, tell me if youre using another ssd and how did you install it...bref

Dick Head
07-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Been using an INTEL SSD for over 2 years without a hitch and it's blazing fast.