PDA

View Full Version : g74sx Touchpad problem

Alberth89
04-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Hey guys so Ive had this g74sx for awhile now and I think the trackpad has been bad since day 1. I originally bought it to play games, So i used a mouse for the first 2 months until I used the touchpad and realized how bad it was. Today it has become unbearable, jumping all over the screen and has made my computer unusable. I have read some of the threads but I have been unable to fix this problem. I noticed that if it gets all jumpy, I can shut the computer off and pull the battery then plug it back in and it will work properly for up to 30 min. This is just unacceptable though for 1 $1200 computer. I have sentelic 9.1.3.5. Can you guys suggest some solutions, or do you think this is a hardware issue and I should send it back for repairs?

Thanks

BrodyBoy
04-17-2012, 02:29 AM
In those threads you mentioned, you probably also read the basic troubleshooting steps to help rule out a software cause. I'd suggest you try those first. But if the problem persists and your touchpad hardware is bad, you need to RMA it to get the touchpad replaced. (I'm assuming that, after two months, you're outside your retaielr's return window.)