PDA

View Full Version : looking for new computer

Austin
04-17-2012, 04:22 AM
Looking For New computer
im not sure if this is the write place to post this but here i go

im currently using Asus g74sx but im starting to think it may be to advanced for me

ive only used Laptops i don't really have the space for a Desktop but may change that

WHat im looking for

Mainly What i use my computer for is

Downloading
converting Files to other(videos)
Transferring from one device to another
Few games
Internet social media
Watching anime reading manga
lots of otherstuff

im looking for speed dont need to be insane but good
Consistency (in every aspect Processing speed Etc)
prefer the best Processor
8+ gigs of ram or Upgradeable

WIll be mostly Financing From Bestbuy/Aarons/Rentacenter
i know its not the best choice but im not rich

the computer will be for backup multitasking etc

Wont touch Hp

people tell em these brands are good
Soney
Asus
Alienware
Samsung
Toshiba

it needs to be able to run Alot of stuff for along period of time

i apologize ahead of time for Spelling and grammar

xeromist
04-17-2012, 05:19 PM
What is it about the G74 that isn't working for you? Bulk, power consumption, etc? Knowing what you don't like about your current setup will help people give you a better recommendation for something else.

Austin
04-17-2012, 07:31 PM
i have had so many problems with this computer it isnt even funny from hardware to internal

xeromist
04-17-2012, 08:17 PM
What kind of games will you play on this? That is going to be the main issue with selecting a machine. Most decent consumer class machines have more than enough CPU power for the things you listed and good hardware acceleration for video content but they're lousy for anything but casual games. If you want more than casual games then you'll have to look at gaming machines with a dedicated GPU.

As for your issues with reliability, you could end up with a lemon from any brand so wouldn't call that too advanced, just unlucky. :(

Austin
04-18-2012, 01:28 AM
games

Mabinogi
Saints row the third/4th

xeromist
04-18-2012, 03:54 PM
I haven't played either one of those but a rough guess is that mabinogi will be OK on integrated graphics but not saint's row. I would look at low-mid range "gaming" laptops from Toshiba, Samsung, Sony. ASUS and Alienware tend to be higher end hardware and hence more expensive (if saving money is one of the goals).

Austin
04-18-2012, 07:33 PM
I haven't played either one of those but a rough guess is that mabinogi will be OK on integrated graphics but not saint's row. I would look at low-mid range "gaming" laptops from Toshiba, Samsung, Sony. ASUS and Alienware tend to be higher end hardware and hence more expensive (if saving money is one of the goals).

thats why im financing monthly so i can afford a good computer

Zygomorphic
05-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Get Toshiba or ASUS, the others are a waste. Toshiba has the best reliability, but does not sell high-res displays (if that is important to you) short of their top-end Qosmio (which is pretty capable, by the way) at $1800. ASUS, however, sells a few $1000-$1100 notebooks (N53) with 1080p displays and GT 540M video cards.

ASUS isn't all that far from Toshiba in terms of reliability, but their customer support--I'm told!--stinks. Toshiba has generally positive reviews about their customer support. Then again, does Toshiba have the ROG? :)