PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 laptops of 2012

Austin
04-18-2012, 07:26 AM
what do you think are the top 5 computers (Mac are excluded from this never used one uncomfortable trying a different os)

on a side note
i Found that Hp computers are on the top 5 ive been burned by hp laptops to the point of welts the power cord also came dtatched from the motherbord is there something im missing? from everything ive heard and experinced how can they be top 5 material

XZEMi
04-27-2012, 06:08 AM
Toshiba M640-X its not super thin not made of a metal body.... but its speakers and sound card sound awesome compared to competition. And the custom version with dedicated graphics really does everything. I will say the screen quality should be better on it but thats my only complaint. And because its larger it doesnt heatup much at all unless your doing heavy gaming sessions. Sony went cheap on most their systems under a grand. I still think Dell makes good Alienware and XPS notebooks they definately have the best support. The markets leaning into tablets these days I think good quality laptops will become harder to find we will start seeing more hybrids like the Asus Transformer obviousely with more powerful processors and sturdy docks or wireless cradles. You can use a tablet like a laptop now just get a bluetooth keyboard its no different really beyond the OS. Windows 8 will help bring the transition and no I dont like the idea of windows 8 I used it and its catered to tablets. Oh and HP is top 5 material because they make good workstations (popular in the commercial/business side of things.) I cant say I like their laptops a whole lot but they arent the worst thats for sure.

chrsplmr
04-27-2012, 12:17 PM
For me G-Series, N-Series and of course... the ZenBook.

As mentioned above .. competition is tough from the Also-Rans ..
and @ some point it becomes the Mopar/Chevy/Ford .. depends on
what you like - but hahahaha .. Mopar all day.
(Like the G, It's the one with the Hemi.)

Acer, Hp/Compaq, Sony, grrr Dell and the rest make great 'everyday'
laptops as does Asus ... but. The Question is 'Best' ?

They will be released shortly -- the best of 2012 that is ..
G55 / G75 .....
I hope to add a G55 and the humble yet mighty Zen to my 'stable'.
Thank You for the question. ROGupward.c.

kb0sdq
04-29-2012, 02:20 AM
I am partial to the ASUS G-series being we have the G-73 & G-74
So far they have been reliable and great for gaming
Happy ROG_n
Doug

Zygomorphic
05-12-2012, 02:01 AM
I would get either an ASUS or a Toshiba, depending on your personal preference. ASUS all the way for great screens at a low price. Toshiba for bottom end computers made with quality. They skimp on the display resolution, but that is about it. Either ASUS or Toshiba is a great buy, both are very reliable. I recommend Toshiba at the bottom end simply because I don't see too many ASUS machines in that segment. Mostly, it is dominated by Acer/eMachines and HP--both of whom are horrible computer makers. Hewlett and Packard would turn over their graves if they knew that their engineering hardware engineering company quite making engineering equipment and solely made junk.

laptops4college
06-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Before, I used Acer laptop and now I'm using Asus laptop. I am satisfied with my laptop now, since it has Intel-i5 processor and NVIDIA graphics suitable for gaming and 3D effects.
The reason why I switch my Acer to Asus is that my Acer laptop before get logged for a second and the camera is damage after 3 months.
Be wise enough when you buy a laptop so that you will not regret in the end.

john_from_ohio
06-05-2012, 01:08 PM
what do you think are the top 5 computers (Mac are excluded from this never used one uncomfortable trying a different os)

Well my G75VW is a beast but not exactly really portable.

Samsung has some nice machines out and ( not sure where they are with rolling out the new ivy bridge machines ) so they could be a player.

Toshiba been in the marketplace and producing quality machines a really long time.

My 2011 Mac book air ( 13 inch with 256 gb ssd ) is also a portable fast beast ( not a gaming machine ) and you can run it dual boot with bootcamp and/or parallels to have windows on it also. Great traveling machine for flying places that you don't want to lug around a bigger machine.

chrsplmr
06-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Have you seen Asus's latest. The TaiChi ? Talk about portable ..

Zygomorphic
06-05-2012, 04:08 PM
That lappy reminds me of the computer they put out in early 2007 with the Windows Sideshow (remember that? :p) display in the lid. Cute idea, but not too practical. However, I think ASUS has a better design than the Inspiron Duo that Dell put out. Anyway, we're gaming guys (most of us, at any rate ;) ) who cares about a little 8.5-10+ pound critter? It's better than a 40-50+ pound desktop...