PDA

View Full Version : Damn Norton

Jumpman23
04-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Hello guys, its been close to 2 months of my asus working perfect, today i installed norton internet security and the damn norton dleted a lot of my files. Anyone knows a program to restore missing programs? System restore is not detecting any restore points. Im not sure since it happened like 30 minutes before i had to go to work but i seems the programs missing are the nes from program files (x86) and not the other one. Sorry for spelling (phone). Thanks yall

Rockford
04-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Norton is awful....................

No, No

dstrakele
04-19-2012, 12:18 AM
I see this issue is not unknown on the Norton forum: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Norton-seems-to-have-deleted-all-program-files/td-p/467336

Did you have a previous version of NIS installed on your laptop? If so, I suspect something went awry with its uninstallation.

Makes a good case for backing up one's system... The "Restore" feature of Windows Backup and Restore is one of the best utilitiess to restore accidentally deleted programs.

Jumpman23
04-19-2012, 01:02 AM
No, i didn't had any previous version of norton installed or any other antivirus.I had a few restore points made but since i installed noron to try it out it deleted all my restore points.It also deleted the driver for the keyboard function commands and the camera, like 5 games, protools, live 8. A vey few progz survived.

dstrakele
04-19-2012, 01:13 AM
From what site did you download Norton Internet Security?

Did the deleted programs get "quarantined" or sent to the Recycle Bin. I suspect not, but it may be worthwhile to check.

It's too late for you, but this unfortunate lesson can be used to motivate users to make regularly scheduled backups to more easily recover from problems like this.