PDA

View Full Version : G73jh Display Driver digitally Unsigned.

Kayine
04-20-2012, 03:58 AM
Hi, I have a G73jh.

My Gpu is ati mobility 5870, I was having a random freeze while gaming, so I figured it was best to update my display drivers, since asus doesn't have the most recent ones on their site i got it from the AMD site, after installing and rebooting, I log in to find that the drivers lack the digital signature required for them to function, so basicly I was without the use of the display adapter. Since the update was made I couldn't go back to my older version, the only solution I could find was to download the old base drivers from the asus site. Is there anyway I can find more recent drivers that actually have the digital signature? or is there anything else I can do?

Thanks,

xeromist
04-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Are you sure you have the mobility driver? I'm not sure mine has the latest driver but it's newer than the one on the ASUS site and it works fine.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx#1

Kayine
04-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Are you sure you have the mobility driver? I'm not sure mine has the latest driver but it's newer than the one on the ASUS site and it works fine.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx#1

I dont have that tool,But I've used the other one, the driver downloader that is supposed to find the right one for you, whenever I install and reboot my windows says I can't verify he digital signature

Btw I used the link you provided me, after I downloaded and installed it, I checked in device managers and none of the components in the driver show up with the digital signature.

Kayine
04-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Ok this is weird, after reinstalling and using driver sweep it says its digitally signed now, the only issue I have is I can't use catalyst control

EquinoxTOne
05-06-2012, 12:12 AM
I have the same problem.
CCC doesn't work anymore.

Why isn't Asus providing new drivers on there site? The last one's are from 2008 or 09....?????

Even Windows diag tools are complaining, old graphics driver, out of date, please check....

It's a very nice laptop, but the ATI problem;:::CCC doesn't work, drivers don't get installed,... is just plain amateur hour.
In google you find lots of these threads.
And what is with al these steps?????
Run driver cleaner,sweaper, scripts, regedit install this install that....
Is this the support you get for a 2000 euro laptop upgrades not included?

So could someone please tell me the correct way, and no I don't want to fresh install my system... to update the
graphics drivers of the ATI mobility Radeon 5870?

Many Thx in advance,

ps I have nothing but praise for this laptop, I even upgraded for almost a 1000 euro more on this machine because I like it that much; but how can they f$ck up the ATI driver thing this much...(I read and hope this isn't true, that ASUS has a contract with ATI that only they can bring out tested and supported drivers for there ROG/(other) laptops, and they are not doing this, so you would buy the latetest one, and the new extra, 3d vision stuff will work!?