PDA

View Full Version : Asus RMA USA (Horrible Experience)

Vantharas84
04-20-2012, 07:34 AM
3 Days ago I received my Asus G51JX back from RMA... I decided to install my memory back in it today as I finally got some spare time.

Upon removing my laptops back cover. I heard a faint rattle sound whenever I moved my laptop around. After some inspection... I noticed it was coming from the GPU Cover.. When I inspected that cover (since they "replaced" my VGA Card) I saw that the entire mounting point was literally sheered off from the case or PCB of the motherboard. It gets better.. I went to call customer support.. and the tag for Asus Customer support had been REMOVED from the back of my laptop. (I know it was there when I sent it in last time because its where I looked at.... so its been purposefully removed)

At this point... As a consumer and purchaser of a 1300$ laptop that has been in for RMA 3 times twice because of a failed GPU. And now just plain sheer negligence of the repair person who did this last repair. What would your thoughts be? A 1300$ paper weight is expensive.

I've bought 6 Asus motherboards (Love them) and 1 Asus GPU (still waiting to buy a new one till I decide what i want). But when It comes to laptops I feel like I've been handed a lemon. And a blatent slap in the face by the RMA department. More specifically the person representing Asus who did the repairs and thought it would be a "great" idea to send a laptop back with sheered mounting points. I mean he replaced the GPU for heavens sakes. He KNEW the mounting point was sheered off.

To make things worse my Warranty is up in 7 days. Anyone know who I need to ask to speak to. Who can make this right?

dstrakele
04-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Give a PM to Mason@ASUS on this forum. He is the "Tech Support of Last Resort" for sticky RMA issues.

Vantharas84
04-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Done, I don't have alot of time left so hopefully he or someone else will say something soonish. I got off the line with Asus customer support and they asked me to send in the photos I took.

jtlightner
04-20-2012, 01:57 PM
I love Asus products - but I had a NIC die on my motherboard and was calling in to get an RMA and they kept hanging up on me. I called from two different phones thinking it may have been my device and same thing. New person everytime I got through - I felt it was almost a joke for them.

A lot of people complain about Asus support, good thing their products are good or I would never buy anything from them again.

Vantharas84
04-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Well the only issue for me is the blantent removal of the customer support sticker off the back of my laptop which just cries foul. I've inspected the other stickers on the back of the laptop and they've been raised as well.. both raised in the same corner at that... Someone was messing with my laptop in what appears to be a malicous way...

I've come to two conclusions at this point.

A. When it was sent in for repair for the GPU the first time. The employee over tightened the screw. So on the second RMA when the employee removed the screw it sheered off from the PCB on the board.

I don't think A is what happened due to the removal of my customer support sticker on the back and my windows CD key sticker and model number stickers being raised as well.

B. Employee B on the second GPU replacement over tightened and sheered it off himself. Determined for it to not come back and bite him, he started removing stickers. Starting with the customer support sticker but from the looks decided my windows key sticker and model number stickers were to hard to get off in one piece.

I am really beyond disappointed by whomever was working on my laptop. Since my incident is isolated due to the malicious intent of the employee... I hope Asus steps up and offers to replace my now permanently damaged machine with either a refund or the next model up. I'm hoping for next model up due to the fact that this laptops GPU has failed twice in two years... Twice... It has dead pixels on the screen due to improper packaging from the first RMA. Either or.

Im not really blaming Asus as a whole and should make a point in this post to blame the employee. As its his/her fault that they did what they did and tried to cover it up.

Vantharas84
04-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Finally got in touch with Asus Corperate USA with a guy named Aaron who gave me his phone number and Email.... We spoke about the pictures friday and he asked me to call him monday... So we shall see how this pans out.

chrsplmr
04-21-2012, 06:06 PM
....A lot of people complain about Asus support, good thing their products are good or I would never buy anything from them again.....

Well said ... and agreed. From what i understand they are currently 'upgrading' those issues as well .. change in contracting or
whatnot ... if they dont have the same passion for this equipment as we do .. they need a different job.

Did you hear anything back from Mason OP ?

Vantharas84
04-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Well said ... and agreed. From what i understand they are currently 'upgrading' those issues as well .. change in contracting or
whatnot ... if they dont have the same passion for this equipment as we do .. they need a different job.

Did you hear anything back from Mason OP ?

He never contacted me. I'm actually on the phone with customer support... On hold.

*Edit* Apprently all they are going to do is send me a refurbished unit. And With the quality of these G51JX's I am sure the GPU is going to burn up and fail in less then a year seeing as how my unit has gone through two in less then two years.

In two Years, a failed HDD, Failed Fans twice, Failed GPU Twice, Asus RMA department improperly packinging and shipping my laptop once.(I had 7 dead pixels when I recieved my laptop back from them and they made me pay to ship the laptop back to them the first time the GPU failed) And now this slap in the face. I'll never buy another Asus product again. If they want to replace crap with even more crap. Fine. I just won't buy anything from them ever again.

And out of these two years Asus RMA has had my laptop going on 7ish weeks now seeing as how I was shipped back a useless unit.

Aaron Lin @ Asus US was the one who is making this right. From the sounds of things.

After calling back and making my issue known... They have changed there decision to," send in the laptop and we will give a you a list of models to choose from for RMA replacement".... This.. may yet end in good measures. If it does end well the post will be updated to reflect that. And might continue buying there products.

Vantharas84
05-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Aaron Lin @ Asus is a Liar. After saying he would give me a list of models to choose from. He told me he cannot do anything and all he can do is fix my grossly and negligently broken laptop which the damage was done by the RMA department. Or offer me a Refurbished one.

So after he spoke to me on the phone and lied to me I called back, spoke to somone else who asked me how I felt about the "resolution". Which I told him exactly what Aaron told me. Aaron is a liar, plain and simple. Asus RMA department is obviously not up to any sort of real customer service.

Asus has had my laptop since the 25th of april. I do not have a laptop. I am still waiting on someone from there corperate office to "contact" me I have been trying to get in touch with someone all day long.

Come monday I am filing a complaint with the BBB.This is beyond pathetic customer service at this point. I'm sick and tired of being ignored, And being lied to. By Aaron lin and the people at Asus.

chrsplmr
05-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Vantharas84 .. this continues to be unacceptable .. we are all saddened and alarmed at these types of stories.
This Will get sorted out .. we know how frustrating it is.
Anger. Useless.
Frustration. Useless.
Calling Aaron Lin a Liar ? Useless. (Aaron Lin is a long time, very hard working dependable 'friend' of the ROG'r. Imho)
BBB ? hahhahaa .... Useless.

Patience friend .. of which I agree - 30days .. not acceptable.

What did Mason say ? Has he PM'd you ? Have you PM'd him about this ?
Trust when I say that the fastest US route to Joy is PMing Mason@Asus.

I look forward to the day when asus puts this bleeding to end for good.
I am forwarding this thread to Mason.
PM him any RMA or Other identifying call numbers ect ..

Rants, Rage and Threats are not productive .. Right is on your side. No need for it.c.

BrodyBoy
05-05-2012, 09:50 PM
If Aaron lied, it is what it is.

And I believe the OP said he did PM Mason, and never heard back.

After nothing but trouble and multiple failed RMAs with this laptop, he has every right and reason to rant. I would too.....

chrsplmr
05-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Agreed to a point ...
Ranting frustration ? Im with you.
Flaming Asus ?.. Not without challenge.
Also this includes an 'if', a 'did' and a 'never'.easy to check ..

To the bottom of this we go. Be patient.

Vantharas84
05-06-2012, 01:40 AM
My Laptop was RMA'd on the 3rd of April. When I got it back. It had sheered mounting points on it. My Customer support sticker was removed from the bottom of the laptop as well. Not to mention my Windows CD Key and the other sticker were both raised. My laptop has been in Limbo since April the third since it was returned to me. In the condition I got it.

As far as Aaron is concerned. Had he of done the right thing when we spoke on the phone about @ 2:30 his time. 5:30 Mine. And offered me replacement models like he said he would. This never would have been an issue. At the time I would have taken a lesser model laptop, One that would actually last longer then 10months hopefully without issues's.

When I called back, and was told by him the he "could not" do anything he offered me the week prior. What do you call that? A liar? A misplaced promise? Someone offering a service they could not?

I Love Asus products. Every motherboard I own is an Asus board except one. My video cards. My Bluetooth USB connectors. My headphones. My Monitors. ALL Asus. I am not knocking Asus products. At all. I loved my G51 until the video card decided to start failing every 10 months. And my next laptop will be an Asus. Understand I do Enjoy and love the products. And even though my laptop has been inaccessible to me or unusable by me for the past 30 days they will continue to get more of my money because Until someone makes a better motherboard. I have no where else to go.

What I do not love. Is being told one thing, and having another thing done. I do not appreciate my customer service sticker being removed. I do not appreciate the RMA department sending me back a laptop with sheered mounting points. And again my laptop has been in RMA Limbo for 30 days. 30 days do you not think thats more then adequate for a resolution to be taken care of? My Issue is with the RMA department. Not products. And even though I did include a rant. I'm feeling pretty entitled to it. Because its my money. My 30+ day issue thats still not resolved.. I'm not trying to be a douche. I want it resolved. I want a functioning. RELIABLE. Asus G series Laptop.

And I did PM mason btw. Which I never recieved a PM back else I would have included all relevant RMA numbers and photos. And probably wouldn't have an issue right now. Which I don't fault him for. I imagine he's a very busy person being the "go to" guy and all. I know how annoying it can be , being the go to person and wanting a break from the drama.

chrsplmr
05-06-2012, 02:19 PM
brotherVantharas84, Sir... very well stated. I did not intend to offend.
I want this resolved .. I want this to Never happen. I am with you 1000%.

I can not speak for Mason. I do know this for sure. Whatever he can do..
he will.

as to Aaron .. he made a promise he was not allowed to keep. Makes him
look ... but he is not.
I have personal experience with him .. I wondered then how he gets anything
done with his hands bound like that.....
A reps word .. should be .. Asus bond.... but, they never ask me..hahaha

You only ask for what is yours .. This will be resolved. Time will be lost.
In the end ... you will smile ROG and tell the next guy that you see come in mad..
frustrated just as I have told you.... relax. It's in the bag.

Please scroll through this thread .. it was a long ride .. global happened in the
middle of this guys ordeal .. Asus is cleaning this all up by the second..
this one started in OCT 11 -- ended MAY 2nd ..... i love a happy ending ...c.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?6867-Notebook-Shoppers-Be-Warned-Asus-RMA-A-Bad-Experience (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?6867-Notebook-Shoppers-Be-Warned-Asus-RMA-A-Bad-Experience)

PILGRIM
05-06-2012, 03:53 PM
@Vantharas84 :

I wouldn't pretend to feel how you feel in this situation.
I've never experienced any RMA procedure with ASUS (God forbid).

What I can relate with, though, is that I've also trusted and liked ASUS products
(i.e. 4 notebooks and 1 Transformer Tablet).

So given the situation, and if I were in your shoes, I would also feel betrayed
or cheated by the same company I put my trust into by buying their products.

Like the others, I just hope your situation is resolved the soonest. Good luck..

..And this is one of many reasons we need to have a Liaison Officer on this forum!!..

chrsplmr
05-06-2012, 04:05 PM
..And this is one of many reasons we need to have a Liaison Officer on this forum!!.. [/I]

HERE HERE .... Yes, Indeed. Absolutely......a 'Global Mason'... quick, fast and in a hurry. Well said PILGRIM+always.

hahhahaha "GOD forbid." awesome. if only. May GOD forbid RMA ever happens ... hahhaha .. love it.

(So, you Never had to RMA your G74 ? Never ? Really ? There was ONE ? hehhee.u get it right? Just 1?)c.

PILGRIM
05-06-2012, 04:16 PM
..."GOD forbid." awesome. if only. May GOD forbid RMA ever happens ... hahhaha .. love it.c.

..Wish God also had a G Series to play with when He gets bored playing with His creation..
..Only then would He also feels what's it like to have one..:p

chrsplmr
05-06-2012, 04:27 PM
:) Let's hook HIM up with GrandPa .. and get HIM Folding for ROG on an Extreme, too.
GOD bored...hahhaha...too funny.and scary.:)

PILGRIM
05-06-2012, 04:44 PM
:) Let's hook HIM up with GrandPa .. and get HIM Folding for ROG on an Extreme, too.
GOD bored...hahhaha...too funny.and scary.:)

But when RMA comes-a-callin', He would say "ASUS beware! Lest mine wrath come upon thee!"

Apologies to you, OP.. Your thread is being soiled by these heathens..

mundee
05-06-2012, 11:25 PM
I feel your pain man.... im in my third month of dealing with an Asus RMA issue. Ive also been messed around alot as well... hopefully we both get the soultion we need in the end. Its such a shame really as the product when it works is brilliant but the customer service is well below what you would expect of a top rated company. One thing i do agree with is the suggestions that Asus have a proper point of contact on here for people to talk to as ive found it so very hard to talk to people that actually know what they are doing or talking about. I only found this forum by luck and its since i found this place that ive made advances on getting my own problems sorted. Mason is the person to talk to and he will get back to you. i hope it gets sorted out for you

chrsplmr
05-07-2012, 03:09 AM
Mundee+

Yes, Apologies OP. Not making light of your situation in the least.
This is the most serious issue here. ReOccuring RMA's...just dumb business.

(Remember though..any post 'bumps' it back to the top.You know. In the Light.)

Vantharas84
05-08-2012, 10:35 PM
I haven't heard anything from Mason. And I'm not going to send him another PM... I don't want him to feel like I'm spamming him. I also believe you said you referenced this post to him in a PM as well.

It is now the 9th... Asus still has my 1300$ and I don't have... well. Any Asus laptop to show for it. Its been now a week and a half since the last person I spoke to said he was "forwarding" it to someone else to see if they will give me a "better" resolution... So. Now its off to call them again. And see if I can get one.

Vantharas84
05-08-2012, 11:18 PM
I actually just got done speaking with Aaron Lin 30 seconds ago. Who freely admitted he remembered offering me different models to choose from. Posting this here for my Reference 5/9/12 @ 7:14 my time.

He said he's getting his manager.... Who is apparently unavailable who he said I should be receiving a call from no later then the 11th. At this point, seeing what mason has accomplished.. I honestly wish he was on the case.

chrsplmr
05-09-2012, 02:41 AM
Stay vigilant and worry not... pass it on. cudos OP.c.

Vantharas84
05-09-2012, 07:16 PM
5/10/12 Well A G51JX arrived at my Doorstep this morning. Obviously sending it back. I have no idea why this laptop was sent to me when I told them I do not want it.

dstrakele
05-09-2012, 07:35 PM
What ARE you looking for as a resolution?

lilysintrigue
05-09-2012, 07:42 PM
I can see this being a problem if they sent you back the same laptop that is still broken, or has issues. But if Asus has sent you a brand new machine, with the same specs as your previous machine, then why the fuss.. I've been through 3 RMA's for the same issue, just got my laptop back today, and they replaced basically the whole dame machine except for the shell, replaced the mainboard and, hdd. I'm updating everything and running tests to see if its okay, but hell if I was on my 4th RMA and they found my laptop to be defective and sent me a brand new g73 same specs and everything, I would be a happy camper.. Just don't see the issue your having here other than you seem to want a specific thing, like money back or an upgraded model.. I know they told you that they would let you choose, but sometime's you don't get that option, just be happy you got a brand new machine with the same specs and call it a day. :) There is only so much that can be done, and I'm sure everyone is doing all that they can to make you happy

Vantharas84
05-09-2012, 07:50 PM
What ARE you looking for as a resolution?

I am looking for Asus to live up to what was promised to me. Or give me my money back. What I want has already been discussed and posted.

lilysintrigue
05-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Vantharas84,

Why I can understand your frustration (believe me I do I've been in the same spot you are) Unfortunately, just because someone said that they could do something, doesn't always mean they can, because they have to go by company policy.. And if Asus were to give everyone a choice of what laptop they wanted to pick, if this happened to others then where would they be.. out of business.. Basically, you said you were told you would have a choice, unfortunately they probably couldn't do this, and they didn't tell you.. They gave you an exact replacement for your broken laptop, which is really good! If you want your money back, I can understand them giving it to you if you brought it directly from Asus, but if you brought it from another company, or reseller, chances of you getting your money back are really slim.. I don't know what to say because your set on getting something that Asus can't offer, and it looks like you won't take anything less.. All I can say is hey you have a brand new laptop, with no issues, and you should be happy, but your not... Best to take this up with Asus, because it looks like everyone here has done all they can, hope things turn out rose's for you, and that you find a resolve to your issue.

dstrakele
05-09-2012, 09:29 PM
I am looking for Asus to live up to what was promised to me. Or give me my money back. What I want has already been discussed and posted.

As far as Aaron is concerned. Had he of done the right thing when we spoke on the phone about @ 2:30 his time. 5:30 Mine. And offered me replacement models like he said he would. This never would have been an issue. At the time I would have taken a lesser model laptop, One that would actually last longer then 10months ...

I want a functioning. RELIABLE. Asus G series Laptop.

This is what you posted as to what you want. They sent you a G Series laptop. You're the only one that can determine if it is functioning and reliable. But you've most recently said you don't want it? Is it your original laptop or a replacement?

For all we know it may be the best of the replacement laptops on the list Aaron promised. OR would you rather have a lesser model? OR do you really want an upgrade? OR do you just want to see the replacement list? OR would you rather just have your money back?

Your case can't be resolved if no one knows what you really want...

Vantharas84
05-09-2012, 09:33 PM
First off. They did not give me anywhere *close* to a brand new laptop. A refurbished unit with a 6 month warranty is no where close to brand new. If you think I should be happy getting a 6 month warrenty on a laptop that has a GPU that has failed every 10 months on me without fail. Is ok? It is not, because I am not going to pay asus 350$ to replace my GPU when it fails 4 months after the warrenty has faded. When I Paid for a 1200$ laptop that is suppose to be "quality". When it is clearly not.

If Asus hadn't of sent me back a laptop with Sheered mounting points over the GPU. Their never would have been an issue. Had they of not removed my customer support sticker. Their never would have been an issue. Had they not of tried to pull a curtain over MY EYES. And send me back a laptop that was grossly and negligently damaged by their RMA department. None of this would be like it is now. I'm sorry that you obviously think it is ok for a multi billion dollar company to send laptops back that have been damaged by there RMA department and think nothing of it. Not to mention having been lied to by their customer support people.

I have *EVERY* right to not "settle".

dstrakele
05-09-2012, 09:56 PM
So you want a brand new laptop then, and an apology? That doesn't sound that unreasonable. It was just unclear, being different from what you previously posted.

Complete this sentence:
To resolve this case to my satisfaction, I want [blank].

Then ASUS can either give you what you want or negotiate to some mutually satisfactory resolution.

lilysintrigue
05-09-2012, 10:17 PM
I read your post, and I understand your frustration, but like I said before you need to take this up with Asus, and if your not happy with the outcome, then get yourself a lawyer if you don't think they are going to resolve this to your liking.. Just trying to help, and such Hope you do get this resolved.. But, like I said before I just got my laptop back after having been gone for a whole month.. I sent it in, had it 3 hours, sent it back, got it back had it 6 hours, sent it back again.. And finally just got it back today.. so I know how mad/frustrated you are.. Try to pm Mason again, he's been testing out new hardware for a launch super busy guy.. but extremely understanding! I'm sure he won't get upset if you message him twice :)

chrsplmr
05-10-2012, 11:19 AM
PM Mason ... this could of been resolved.
What do you think you are owed ?

lilysintrigue+ ... [[Not even if you PM him the first time.]]
I dont think he is capable of anger. It just never occurs to him.

Simply do as dstrakele suggests ... politely to Mason ...
Although I absolutely assure You this has been seen, PM MarshallR@Asus (HQ)
(Politely) So he can further bring HQ to speed and impress upon them
the urgency of resolving these types of issues .. he knows .. but this
helps reaffirm his postion ... ect...

There are no liars or those 'trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes'..
[[Granted - We ALL know supports issues.]]
All 'here' sincerely work toward excellence .. hence the birth of the G55/G75's ..
An apology ? From who ? This forum is the apology.
This is where 'we' get together on the same page and get it done. Trust that.
Just hang in there friend.
and Please, No more Asus bashing .. in that, you are just mistaken.
How long was the original warranty of the G51JX ?
I count 20 months + 10 you expect the next unit will do .. thats 30 Months.
Think positive, the next one might run 5 years ... and be obsolete.
[[PM Mason Today !!! ]].c.

(Although I do agree an apology was due Aaron L. -- in my humble opinion.)

Vantharas84
05-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Well After finally just saying screw it since I can't get anyone to return calls. Or any supervisors or any like actually doing anything. I finally opened the box I got today with this "refurbished" laptop that showed up at my door steps.. It booted up... I tinkered.. I rebooted it, set the speaker volume to 8... let it idle in windows for a bit while I was helping the kids... came back in... No video... restarted it.. No video.. Shut it off entirely.. Turned it on.. Everything works... except there is no video anymore...

Its the same laptop I sent in for repairs... I can tell because.. The customer service sticker has been removed. It has the exact same dead pixels on the screen. The stickers that had been almost peeled away entirely have been glued down (with to much glue might I add.. Its all over the back of the laptop sticker area heh I can pick it off lol.. at least I can do something with my laptop!)

What am I suppose to do? Seriously. What.. No one who can do anything will call me. I can't ever get any supervisors on the phone. Aaron Lin said his supervisor was suppose to call me on the 11th. A call which never came. Wow... So even after me giving up.. I can't because the laptop still doesn't work. Wow.

dstrakele
05-20-2012, 10:15 PM
That is awful! No excuse! Words fail me!

Vantharas84
05-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Yea I don't even know what to say or do anymore. No one I've spoken to at Asus seems to care. Or want to fix the issue.. I just don't get it. I told Aaron Lin to not send this laptop back to me. I told him I didn't want it, and I wanted him to offer me a replacement model like he said he was going to...

Last week I actually got a replacement model offer(On the 14). For a G53.... But they asked me for 400$ to make it happen. Me and Aaron never discussed price. He never told me it would cost me anything. 400$ is such a slap in the face especially now. Considering this "refurbished" laptop lasted 15min. (And I no one ever told me it cost me anything.....)

BrodyBoy
05-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Wow.....if I had been teetering on a decision about whether to ever buy Asus again, I think this tips the scales. They actually sent you your own laptop as a "refurbished " unit? That's beyond unbelievable....it's just vile.

_
05-21-2012, 02:17 AM
You've PM'd Mason - has he or anyone from the US office here replied? If not I will send out some emails (from HQ) to try to see what's going on.

Vantharas84
05-21-2012, 02:21 AM
Wow.....if I had been teetering on a decision about whether to ever buy Asus again, I think this tips the scales. They actually sent you your own laptop as a "refurbished " unit? That's beyond unbelievable....it's just vile.

Well Aaron Lin is the one who mailed it back to me. He knew what he was doing. Instead of saying "All i can do is offer you a same model replacement" what he should have said is "All I can do is fixed your laptop that we grossly and negligently damaged and send it back, If I said refurbished that was an accident". Whats even worse is I can't inspect the laptop to actually see whats wrong because with this "6 month extended" warranty they put "warranty void if removed" stickers over the screws. ( I mean if the display worked for me for 15 or so min.. something must have come loose somewhere for the laptop to be booting correctly ect.. just no display)

But yes its my exact same laptop.

Right now I'm about red with hatred for this individual. I mean when that laptop model offer came through I thought "Finally he came through on what he said". But instead it was "here is the model offer pay us 400$". And I would be a fool to give them another 400$ for a laptop that is 7% faster. And clearly Aaron thinks I am if he thought I would ever pay that. I mean a G53 with a 460M. a 3 generation old video card and they want 400$... He's just trying to steal my money at this point. Imho at least.(not to mention the fact that he never said in 4 weeks of conversation that it would ever cost me any money.)

*edit after checking my emails "Status update: I would like to offer you with a same model replacement unit along with an extra 6-months warranty extension as well for your inconveniences"

I suppose this doesn't specifically state "refurbished" although that is what he told me... But I'm sure he didn't add that to the RMA number. And thus just sent me back the same one.

chrsplmr
05-21-2012, 03:20 AM
Good Sir. Would you kindly answer the question : Did you or did you Not PM Mason ?
Now HQ is asking.
Yes or No ?
Why not ?
This could have been over.

Not to make Any Excuse for .. I too have no words I may speak here as to this disgrace.
No Excuse. In that we are all angered beyond words.
QC RMA Starting Today. Please.

Vantharas84
05-21-2012, 11:55 AM
I PM'd Mason. Its been sent. Hopefully something awesome will come of a horrid situation.

lilysintrigue
05-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Well I hope your situation get's somewhat better that is just jaw dropping, sadly to say I'm in the same boat as you are.. This is my fourth RMA, They have replaced the gpu , the mainboard, the motherboard, and the hdd twice. Aaron stated to me when I called him the first time, that if after they fixed my laptop, and any other issues arose that they would put in paperwork for a replacement unit. Well lo and behold, they now have to replace the vga, after they replaced the motherboard this time, and something else popped up wrong . Aaron stated that if there were any other issues he would now put in for a replacement for me, and that I would have to pay $200 for the replacement.. (which is appalling and adds injury to insult ) Hopefully Mason can help us both out *fingers crossed. I hope that they resolve your issue first because after all I've been through, you've been through three fold and it is a outrage! I hope you get this resolved finally :) Best wishes for a speedy and great resolution to this situation you are in !

Vantharas84
05-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Well I hope your situation get's somewhat better that is just jaw dropping, sadly to say I'm in the same boat as you are.. This is my fourth RMA, They have replaced the gpu , the mainboard, the motherboard, and the hdd twice. Aaron stated to me when I called him the first time, that if after they fixed my laptop, and any other issues arose that they would put in paperwork for a replacement unit. Well lo and behold, they now have to replace the vga, after they replaced the motherboard this time, and something else popped up wrong . Aaron stated that if there were any other issues he would now put in for a replacement for me, and that I would have to pay $200 for the replacement.. (which is appalling and adds injury to insult ) Hopefully Mason can help us both out *fingers crossed. I hope that they resolve your issue first because after all I've been through, you've been through three fold and it is a outrage! I hope you get this resolved finally :) Best wishes for a speedy and great resolution to this situation you are in !

What? So its common practice that Asus charges customers (or tries to) when there products mess up? WOW...Let me ask you this though, Since you've spoken to Aaron to.

Did anything he say to you actually come true? Because everything he's said to me.. Has been a lie. No replacement model was offered, No supervisor called me back. Freely admitted to offering me replacement models. And then wanting me to pay 400$ for the replacement model offer that finally came through 4 weeks later?(on a 3 generation old unit)

Vantharas84
05-22-2012, 12:31 AM
You've PM'd Mason - has he or anyone from the US office here replied? If not I will send out some emails (from HQ) to try to see what's going on.

Yes Sir I PM'd him sunday night. I haven't heard from him.

Vantharas84
05-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Yes Sir I PM'd him sunday night. I haven't heard from him.

Mason Answered me!! Now I'm going to sit here, chill, and wait patiently and see what his next PM holds. My new case number was suppose to have Aaron call me no later then today. But since Mason is on the case.. I don't really care if I ever speak to Aaron again.

As an update when I thought I PM'd mason earlier turns out I actually PMd the AsusRogadmin member not mason. My apologies and my mistake.

bytor
07-16-2012, 02:41 AM
so how did this issue end up?

Gorman
07-16-2012, 11:24 AM
What? So its common practice that Asus charges customers (or tries to) when there products mess up? WOW...Let me ask you this though, Since you've spoken to Aaron to.

Did anything he say to you actually come true? Because everything he's said to me.. Has been a lie. No replacement model was offered, No supervisor called me back. Freely admitted to offering me replacement models. And then wanting me to pay 400$ for the replacement model offer that finally came through 4 weeks later?(on a 3 generation old unit)
ASUS support once offered to replace my 4xRMA'd laptop with a new one, for only $2000, the cost of the laptop new.

ASUS seem to purposefully try and find the biggest *******s and hire them to work support

chrsplmr
07-16-2012, 01:23 PM
"ASUS seem to purposefully try and find the biggest ******** and hire them to work support" WRONG !!!
Thats why here is HERE.
Have you encountered MarshallR, Raja, HiVizMan, Praz, Kipper, xeromist and on and on and ON ???

... This was pointless friend.c.

bytor
07-16-2012, 01:51 PM
would you say that the RMA problems some people have a few? Are they with on piticular repair center? i ask because i am about to send my g73jw to millpitas for a repair. I am am a littel nervous about sending.

Gorman
07-16-2012, 02:19 PM
@bytor: You already rolled the dice, so no point in worrying now!

"ASUS seem to purposefully try and find the biggest ******** and hire them to work support" WRONG !!!
Thats why here is HERE.
Have you encountered MarshallR, Raja, HiVizMan, Praz, Kipper, xeromist and on and on and ON ???

... This was pointless friend.c.
Yup, they say "Oh we can't help", and other people who have had problems say the same thing. I see a lot of people saying they are helpful, but never anything specific. They are good at being friendly, but they don't have any power or ability to actually help.

I would love to be proved wrong, but just like all of ASUS support they just don't help.

xeromist
07-20-2012, 09:51 PM
would you say that the RMA problems some people have a few? Are they with on piticular repair center? i ask because i am about to send my g73jw to millpitas for a repair. I am am a littel nervous about sending.

I have a friend that sent a jw to Milpitas and he was happy with the results. He posts on here as Irdmoose if you want to look at his posts.

xeromist
07-20-2012, 10:12 PM
@bytor: You already rolled the dice, so no point in worrying now!

Yup, they say "Oh we can't help", and other people who have had problems say the same thing. I see a lot of people saying they are helpful, but never anything specific. They are good at being friendly, but they don't have any power or ability to actually help.

I would love to be proved wrong, but just like all of ASUS support they just don't help.

Just to clarify, the only people in Chris's list who are actually employees are Richard and Raja (denoted by the @ASUS). The rest of us are volunteers so as much as we'd like to help we don't have any more ability than you do.

The employees that are here on the forum are part of a large company and have different job descriptions in different regions. They don't necessarily have the authority to crack skulls regarding an incident that happened on the other side of the world in a different area of responsibility. While I agree that it would be nice if this forum was a one stop shop for all of your ASUS needs, it just isn't there yet.

chrsplmr
07-21-2012, 01:32 AM
exactly -xero..exactly. especially the 'as much as 'we'd like to'.

Gorman
07-21-2012, 05:28 AM
Ok... So they have good intentions but are powerless...

Sorry but that doesn't help me :(

(Apparently people think I have secret motives as to why I don't like ASUS support... I don't, I just am yet to have them be helpful or useful in any way.)

chrsplmr
07-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Who does 'This' help? How can 'we' help turn this around ?
I have read stories from both sides.
Rarely does it end unsatisfactorily .. which doesn't help those
that does .. Suggestions ?

I think there has been a HUGE turn around to this in the last 6 months
and suspect more is being done by the second .. when the numbers are
this huge being sold Globally .. a few are bound to fall through the cracks.

I have long advocated that techs sign their work with a detailed report of
what was done .. with the same ROGpride in their work that we have in our equipment.
Is it the work load ? Is it a few particular employees? Is it a particular facility ? What ?
Or how bout a QualityControlManager that has to sign Off on Every RMA mark'd 'ready to ship'?

Simply disparaging a company is belittling the herculean efforts of those that live to ROG and
have made Asus number 1 world wide.
If your mechanic mis-tunes your engine do you throw out the car ? Bash the car company ?
Or fire the so-called-mechanic ???
Any positive ideas ??

Gorman
07-21-2012, 03:33 PM
If I bought a car and it has a flaw that makes it need repairs every few months, then that is annoying. Then I hear about the car company not honouring their warranty, and it is worrying. Then I hear about them retracting warranties even! And I hear about people all over the world having lots of problems with mechanics, and the car always breaking, and even people having to start a lawsuit just to get their car back from repairs, and mechanics lying and damaging cars on purpose, or just claiming that the problem is from the user so they won't cover it. And then everyone who tries to talk to the manufacturer gets stonewalled and the company hide and refuses to take responsibility, and even when forced to by law they do the bare minimum they are required to.

Ya, if I came up against that, I wouldn't buy something from that company. And if my car breaks every 3 months like clockwork, until the warranty runs out and they charge me the cost of the car to repair it, ya I would just throw it out. Sadly it's not just a case of firing all the mechanics in all the countries... Because they don't work for me, and even if they did that would just leave me with a broken car and have to pay to fix it...

Well ASUS could start to fix the problem by offering replacements or refunds to all G53 users who are having to get their boxes repaired every few months. They should offerer refunds/replacements and send gifts and apologies to people who have had particularly ridiculous experiences (mundee sure as hell deserves it). ASUS should be willing to honour their warranty (because you know, the law says they have to and all). ASUS support should be transparent and have accountability, for example allowing us to log in and see WHERE our box is, WHO is working on it, and an ESTIMATE of how long it will take. No more 100 day repair stints where no one can find our box, and no more mysterious incidents where support suddenly informs us that there is a gaping hole in our CPU and they are sure that the user did it and not one of their staff.

Hm... What else... Oh yeah, have active support staff from ASUS on the forums, who have the POWER to resolve incidents, I don't want to hear "there's nothing we can do", at the very least they should be able to escalate an issue. I don't want to read another thread about someone's RMA nightmare that doesn't have a happy ending...

That would be a nice start.

EDIT: Oh, and no more "wow never heard of that failure, it must be really rare". Seriously, it's not funny.

Vantharas84
08-10-2012, 03:17 AM
so how did this issue end up?

How did it end up? Well I had to file a complaint. After that they replaced my old laptop with a refurbished unit.
What I am not happy about is I had to call in for an issue with this laptop and they said it had no warranty. Although I was sent an email with a 6 months extension on my warranty.

However I am armed with said warranty email, and complaint, and response from shanelle randis. So I'm waiting on this guy to verify I have one. So i can send it in because tonight @ 10PM the power plug on it.. broke.... I pulled out the DC adapter to put the laptop away.. and.. well the pin on the inside is now stuck inside my charger.

So I'm happy about how it ended up. I'm not happy about the power connector breaking on me like this. Never broke in 2 years of being plugged up and unplugged in the previous laptop. Also not happy about my account not being updated to reflect the extended warranty I was offered for my "inconveniences" and Asus having my laptop for 4 months out of 2 years. Which will now be.. 4 months, 3 weeks, out of 2 years 3 months of owning an asus laptop.

I've been on hold for 25min now waiting on this person to verify my warranty..
Well after being on hold for an hour.. For some reason they wouldn't accept my Email from Asus customer support Nor could they verify said warranty... So now. The Issue has been escalated.

Gorman
08-10-2012, 05:18 AM
They exchanged you for a refurbished laptop?

So they take your broken laptop, and swap it with another guy who has the same problem? That seems smart.

kimiraikkonen
08-10-2012, 08:50 AM
RMA is a nightmare everywhere. I thought it only would suck in Turkey but it seems a global problem which is about not caring customers.

Vantharas84
08-10-2012, 03:33 PM
They exchanged you for a refurbished laptop?

So they take your broken laptop, and swap it with another guy who has the same problem? That seems smart.

Honestly I don't mind a broken power plug as much as a constantly failing GPU, HDD. And a PC that was negligently damaged by the RMA department and shipped back to me.

What I do mind is the RMA department. They never seem to update information correctly. No one puts in updates tied to ones RMA accounts or laptops.

Its like they send you emails with this / that / resolution. Then the RMA tickets or SN's attached to laptops for those purposes's are never updated with said information.

I don't understand why its so hard. A. We added 6 month extended warranty to customers laptop. B. ..... Do nothing and make it impossible to find.

I prefer if B was. Actually add it to customers account. Or laptops S/N.

Slats
09-16-2014, 02:57 AM
If it really don't work out and you can't get any reasonable resolution, go to your local courthouse and file a small claims cases against them in small claims court. I have gotten great response from manufacturers using this method. I am a quality engineer by profession and understand customer relationships quite well. Just last week after receiving my motherboard back from Asus with the same issues I sent it in for I got the run around like nobody's business. After a few phone calls I got in touch with a lady who was very professional who facilitated an Advanced RMA. This occurred last Wednesday and I got a response from them on Friday that they got my pre-payment information and when the replacement board arrives I can mail it back to Asus. Asus is a behemoth of a company where it appears bottom line and cost control culture has trumped customer service. It is hit and miss with a lot of companies but with the resources Asus has at their disposal it would seem they would be timely with repairs and communicate every step of the way. The best company I have ever dealt with for returns in Bose. I bought an AM5 speaker system 22 years ago while serving in the Navy in Japan. I called and told them after my 2 year old daughter placed something in the subwoofer and now it is no longer works and told them I wanted to get pricing on having them repaired. I passed along the serial number and she was able to confirm the actual place the speaker system was purchased. She then thanked me for my service and reminded me that the Bose product I purchased has a lifetime warranty. She mailed me a UPS label I packaged the speakers and returned them to the factory. Eleven days later they returned to my doorstep repaired and fully functional and they even included brand new speaker wiring. I called her back to thank her for the service and remember asking her what allowed them to maintain such a high level of customer service. She then stated that Bose understands sound and how to build good speaker systems. But the real clincher was " Oh yeah, Bose is still a private company." The link below lets us know the remain to stay that way.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-07-15/news/40570461_1_bose-corporation-bose-wave-direct-reflecting