PDA

View Full Version : Another issue with graphics...

mbuxx
04-21-2012, 03:37 AM
well i now i have noticed when i go in and out of different lighted areas i see almost like a clear line move horizontally up the screen? I have come to a conclusion that it is most likley my screen because i recorded a video with fraps but the line is not visible in the video. has anyone else noticed this issue and acquired a fix? if so please share!

i popped over to nvidia to check out the thread going on over there. My lines seem to be nothing like the ones everyone else is describing. They only apear in games and seem to be clear horizontal lines... really weird.. first noticed in sc2 while just moving around the map with my mouse by pushing on edges of screen with mouse to move around..

dstrakele
04-21-2012, 05:53 AM
Does the issue appear on an external monitor or LCD TV attached to your laptop via HDMI or VGA?

What version video driver are you currently running?

mbuxx
04-21-2012, 08:56 AM
It appears on monitor on laptop screen. Currently on 296.16 but it also occures on the latest beta..

dstrakele
04-21-2012, 01:47 PM
It appears on monitor on laptop screen.

I don't understand your reply.

Can you confirm it DOESN'T occur on an attached external monitor or LCD TV while at the same time it IS occurring on your laptop display?

If you meant to say "It appears on monitor OR laptop screen.", then it is likely NOT a laptop screen issue.

mbuxx
04-22-2012, 06:53 PM
sorry i meant it only appears on my laptop

dstrakele
04-22-2012, 08:18 PM
The fact that the lines appear only in games seems to point at the video driver as the culprit. But if the lines do not appear in games on an external monitor, it indicates a problem with the laptop screen.

As a last attempt to avoid an RMA, I would boot into Safe Mode and do a clean install of NVIDIA 285.62 WHQL. OR do an ASUS Factory Restore and see if you can reproduce the issue (that's what they will most likely do at the repair center).