PDA

View Full Version : Power plug problems

Bascus
01-16-2011, 06:35 PM
I've started to have an issue with keeping my computer plugged into power. It seems that the adapter fit's loose into the computer, and if I move the computer a little it will disconnect. The plug is still in the computer, but it's not supplying power any more. I have to wiggle it or twist it to get it to connect again. The plug and cable also seem to get very hot some of the times. Any ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions? etc?

Chastity@ASUS
01-16-2011, 10:52 PM
You need to determine if the plug is a bad fit or the inner socket is loose. If bad fit, get a new power brick. If the socket is loose, you will need to RMA.

cohowap
01-18-2011, 08:41 PM
This is funny, because I have RMA'ed my power brick two times now and the same issue has happened with each one. When I talked to the RMA team (actually someone higher up), he mentioned that I am the only one this happened to.

It's not the hole in your laptop, it's faulty wiring in the power brick, that once it gets slightly stretched out, the wiring starts to tear/rip this losing a solid connection. I loved my G73, but the quality of the entire thing is just garbage. RMA1: Power Cord RMA2: Touchpad sucked (different than the key lag/touchpad issue, this required new hardware) RMA3: Power Cord RMA4: Laptop Fails to boot (my laptop is currently experiencing this RMA). Isn't it sad when your laptop visted more states than you did?

If I were you, just got find a different power cord, because these ones from Asus suck.

BTW: They will do an advanced RMA on the brick, basically sending you a new one and you have to return the old one. However, you have to pay for shipping, I've had hard times getting tem to do it.

Chastity@ASUS
01-19-2011, 12:15 AM
This is why I just get backup bricks. The Targus APA05US units are 180w, and work. The dealer I got them from had them for $33 shipped, but he's been out of stock for awhile. Next closest to price is $38 + s/h. Mind you my original brick is still in use. :)