PDA

View Full Version : Mouse settings to increase accuracy and movement of Asus ROG mouse for G74JW

keith11
04-23-2012, 10:26 PM
I have G73JW and I use the ROG mouse that came with it to play MW3 and Battlefield. The mouse works fine for other tasks on the laptop, but while in a game, it just doesn't cut it - it takes me a couple of moves to locate the target and stabilize the mouse. For example, in MW3, when I play the solo campaign where you have to hit all the targets within 40 seconds, there is no way I can accomplish that, as the mouse does not work well for that purpose. Stabilizing the mouse takes a few moves, which takes away those precious seconds.

Is there a way I can change something for my mouse, or in the games, to increase the accuracy of the ROG mouse and have better response time and stability? I have tried changing the speed of the mouse in game, but that doesn't solve the issues I described. Thanks.

keith11
06-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Anyone? I would appreciate your help.

keith11
07-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Could someone please provide some input on the issue I posted? Thanks.

kimiraikkonen
07-17-2012, 11:36 AM
I didn't know there was G74JW?

keith11
07-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Sorry, I meant G73JW. So, anyone?

chrsplmr
07-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Did you go in control panel .. and adjust mouse settings ?
Im guessing ... but slow the mouse pointer down a little...
control panel>mouse>pointer options>Motion>check [enhance pointer precision] box

move the mouse back and forth on 'targets' [like a letter e and another] if this is too fast
or choppy ... click down a notch or two .. and check it again .... (or faster...depending on your issue.)

best of luck.c.

keith11
07-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Did you go in control panel .. and adjust mouse settings ?
Im guessing ... but slow the mouse pointer down a little...
control panel>mouse>pointer options>Motion>check [enhance pointer precision] box

move the mouse back and forth on 'targets' [like a letter e and another] if this is too fast
or choppy ... click down a notch or two .. and check it again .... (or faster...depending on your issue.)

best of luck.c.

Thanks, I will try that, although i am not very hopeful it will give me any better results.

PILGRIM
07-30-2012, 03:03 PM
If your ROG mouse is the GX850, try this driver version 12.0.0.58849:
http://www.asus.com/Peripherals_Accessories/Keyboard_Mouse/GX850/#download