PDA

View Full Version : second ever build (kind of)

my-name-here
04-24-2012, 11:25 AM
my last pc was an order from ava direct... don't know why i waited so long to build my own.

i got completely new parts for my first build so i decided to turn my old computer into an HTPC. it's pretty boring, but i'm gonna share anyway.

used an antec fusion remote case. i really like this case, it looks awesome and most people wouldn't even know it's a pc.

still going to put a ceton infinitv 4 in it and i might have to get a new cooler to do so since mine isn't mounted straight and looks like it could be in the way where the card needs to be.

cables are the best i could really do in an htpc. if i had a modular psu i would probably make the cables for it to clean it up a bit... maybe that's something else i could do in the future, this is a really crappy psu.

Giannis996
04-24-2012, 01:09 PM
its nice keep on going!!

Zka17
04-24-2012, 02:45 PM
I think, you did a pretty good job with the cables! Despite the non-modular psu, you could still doing some sleeving... I mean, maybe not the individual wire type, but the cable type (i.e. one sleeve for the mobo power cable).

May I ask, what is that big black thing near the graphic card? Seems attached to a pci slot...

my-name-here
04-24-2012, 02:51 PM
i think what your talking about is the graphics card, the shroud? it's a sapphire HD 6850... that's the only thing down there anyway.

Zka17
04-24-2012, 03:00 PM
LOL, obviously I didn't see this card before... :D The cover for it's heatsink and fan (perhaps the "big, black thing") is unusually far away from the card itself. Well I learned something today too! :cool: